Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

ABS /Brake/ & StabiliTrak Lights

pgallensteinpgallenstein Member Posts: 14
I have a 2007 Sierra (new body style), started it up and ABS /Brake / & StabiliTrak Indicator Lights came on and stayed on. Drove vehicle about 20 miles and everything seemed to work fine but lights never went out. Anyone else have this problem and what might be the cause.

Comments

• 2003_z712003_z71 Member Posts: 4
    I just had this same issue, the ABS light came on randomly in my 03 Silverado. Turns out the front driver side wheel bearing was shot and creating some issues with the ABS sensor. My brother tore it all apart and replaced the bearing and all is well now.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    pgallenstein,

If after restarting your vehicle, did these messages come back on in the DIC, or no?

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • 2003_z712003_z71 Member Posts: 4
    My 03 Silverado has ceased to shift on the fly. I've got the manual shifter on the floor and it just wont budge from 2wd to 4hi until I'm basically at a complete stop. It used to shift on the fly smoothly so I'm not sure what's going on...maybe a sensor or something? Any thoughts on where to start before I give in and take it to a shop?
  • pgallensteinpgallenstein Member Posts: 14
    Yes, all three messages came back on after restarting engine.
    I see - sometimes turning the vehicle off and on again resets this. Are you thinking about getting it looked at?

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Yes I plan on having it looked at, but it will be a 4 or 5 days before I can do this. I just purchased this truck and it only has 27,600 miles on it.
    Please keep us updated on how everything goes! If we can check into warranty/recall information, feel free to send the last 8 of your VIN to [email protected]

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Here is a little bit of an update. Before taking the truck anywhere I tried unhooking battery cables, hoping it would reset computer and clearing alarms. That didn't work. Thought I would try and save a few bucks so I went to Advanced Auto Parts and they used their scanner (Actron CP9580). It showed up as "No Code Detected." They recommended a local auto care service department which I am scheduled to take it in a few days.
    pgallenstein,
    I'm sorry that the steps you've taken so far haven't yielded solid results so far; I hope that your upcoming visit gets you more momentum towards resolving this!
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    The Auto Care place that I took my truck to found that the wiring to the
    electronic brake control module was damaged. The cost to repair was small. I just hope that this was the problem and it is fixed