Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2003 Protege A/C problem

gerardtdgerardtd Member Posts: 3
I recently painted the a/c lines in the hood as its rusted. After 3 days the a/c won't work at fan 1-3 but switch is lighted on. But when at fan No. 4, fan would work but no cool air and switch is not lit on. Please help.

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    This might be a good question for our Answers section - people with mechanical expertise hang out there.
    http://answers.edmunds.com

Once you have posted, you can just go back there and click "my answers profile" to check for feedback.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• gerardtdgerardtd Member Posts: 3
    Just got the solution to it. As the problem was similar with my Chevy Venture van, I opened the blower resistor and checked continuity. I found there is no continuity in two terminals and decided to put on small thin strand of wire and solder it. And it worked. For a while I though i would buy those blower resistor which are inexpensive for those who have something to spend.