Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Acura ILX Lease Questions

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited April 2015 in Acura
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please visit these forums:
2015 Acura ILX Lease Questions
2016 Acura ILX Lease Questions

Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Acura ILX leasing questions. Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 ILX, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Acura ILX page.

To see all forums discussions about the ILX, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Acura ILX discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Once again, I'm helping a friend shop for a new car lease (always a bridesmaid...)

We're going to test drive the Acura ILX and TSX on Saturday. The 2014 ILX 'Base' has all the features that she needs and the dealer we're going to has plenty of them in stock, so it's the one we'll be looking at.

Acura currently has two advertised lease offers on the 2014 ILX Base (they should come up with a designation for the base trim level). They are-

$0 down, $0 due at signing, $0 first payment, 35 months @ $300/mo
    or
    $3,399 due at signing ($3190 down + 1st pymt), 35 months @ $209/mo

The $0 down offer is obviously the best deal. Total of payments is $10,500 for the $0 down vs. $10,714 for the one with the down payment. The $0 first month payment on that offer equals the difference. The purchase price at lease end is the same for both also at $16,954 or about 63% residual. Why would anyone choose the one with the high (ridiculously high, IMO) down payment?

These are for a 36-month lease and 10,000/miles per year allowance, $0.15/mile overage. Both also include the $800 Dealer Cash incentive already.

So is the $0 down, $300/month lease a good deal? The net cap cost is $26,964 and Edmunds TMV is $26,245 (and $595 acquisition fee is included in the net cap cost, so that equals $26,840).
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    When a lease is over or any time during the lease, a person can trade the vehicle at the dealer. Essentially, the vehicle is sold to the dealer who then pays for the vehicle at the residual value. That way there is no over mileage charge to worry about. I do it every two or three years.

A person can also sell the vehicle to a third party. Pay the RV to the leasing company and pocket the difference. Once again, no over mileage charges to worry about.

The only time over mileage charges become an issue is when the vehicle is returned to the leasing company. Some OEMs will waive some over mileage charges if a new vehicle is leased.

Of course if a vehicle is leased at 10k a year and the actual use is 20k a year, there would be financial impact.

The key is to lease the right car at the right time. Best to lease a vehicle with a solid resale history only when the lease is subsidized by the OEM with a low money factor.
  • jojo821jojo821 Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted $1000 down $330 a month for a 2014 ilx base model with remote start and a deck lid spoiler. Is this a good price?
  • jakek1jakek1 Member Posts: 3
    I got offer 2014 Acura ILX 2300 out of pocket and 250/mon.
    10k/3yrs
    MSRP 27795

good deal?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997
    Please provide the following information for review:

MSRP
    Cap cost price
    money factor
    Miles per year
    Lease term (24/36/48 months)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

We will need the negotiated price of the car and the money factor provided by the dealership to determine whether this is a good deal or not.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• sde2021sde2021 Member Posts: 2
    Hi ,

One of my friend in Hawaii got this deal on Acura 2014 ILX base model

10K Miles
    290 $/month for 36 months.
    560 $ due at signing (include 1st month payment)

Is it good deal.
  • ssb_rlssb_rl Member Posts: 38
    Hi Everyone,

Could you please post the current money factor and residuals for the 2014 ILX Hybrid with Technology Package?

Thanks in advance,

ssb-la
  • ilxbuyerilxbuyer Member Posts: 1
    Today I got a quote from a dealer to lease the base ILX . The offer was $560 down and $ 300/month for 35 months and around $16,100 residual value . This is for 12,000 miles ..What do you think about this ? Is it a good deal ?

Thanks,
  • mikegeoffreymikegeoffrey Member Posts: 1
    Which package was it? Was it a base model or did it have the Tech Package, etc.? Do you have the sticker price of the car? Where are you registering the car?
  • zigster38zigster38 Member Posts: 117
    Look people. The Acura ilx base national lease deal is zero down, 270 a month plus tax for 36 months. That's for an msrp of 27795 including dest. But the cap cost of the deal if you read the fine print is 25488 (Acura putting some $ in the deal) BUT - you can buy these cars for 24200 (as shown on true car in areas like NorCal) and probably cheaper than that. So that leaves you an extra grand a least to strip out of the lease deal. Or get some accessories.
  • sde2021sde2021 Member Posts: 2
    I agree with zigster38 , you can buy it for the price he mentioned.
  • bugsbigbugsbig Member Posts: 2
    fair purchase price should be below 23500 for base model i got 3 dealers commited to that prices in socal area. the lowest is 23000 but i am waiting to see if somebody else could beat that.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    $23k sounds pretty good now ut bet if you wait a bit, they might come down a bit. Also, do they have all colors there? Here they only have silver or white in the base model and I am tired of silver and the white was just...meh, not any spark to it. I was just underwhelmed but you seem smitten which is great. just wait a bit and I think by the end of the year, you might see a price reduction to move an additional unit.
    Am in the process myself and found a demo Verano in the color I love and a slightly used Escape in a wonderful color that I am negotiating on right now. Leaning towards the Escape personally but would be just as happy with the Verano. I should know about the Escape tomorrow as it might just sell if I don't jump soon. But luckily, I don't have to, or need to do this. But I will decide on it tomorrow and if they come down to my price, I will pull the trigger and be done with it as my mind is swimming in numbers and options now...I've had enough!
    Good luck though!

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• hazelroguehazelrogue Member Posts: 7

2014 acura ilx base model; $24K, $36months @ 12 mi; 0.00015 money factor; $15565 residual; 0 down (excluding fees: avg $1470 with the BS fees)

you asked for Tech package but this might give you an idea of how much to spend on the tech.

• acurailx2014acurailx2014 Member Posts: 5

Is there any offer/incentives going on right now on base or tech package?
    I'm checking if I can lower the advertised price.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

.00035 MF and 54% residual for the base model. 36mo, 15K/yr lease

Tech package residual is 52%

If you do the sign and drive lease, the MF is .00025 and the dealer covers the first payment.

The advertised leases assume a dealer discount of $2250, and a gross margin of $930 on the base model, and $1780 on the Tech model... So, there is a little room to play with, and you might be able to negotiate a better deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• singsingsingsing Member Posts: 5

Could you please give me the MF and residual on a base 2014 ILX on a 36 month 10k/year lease. I was quoted MF .00035 and a residual of 49% and a discount from MSRP of $2,892. Is there a different residual for a car in Hawaii? Thanks.

@singsing said:
    Could you please give me the MF and residual on a base 2014 ILX on a 36 month 10k/year lease. I was quoted MF .00035 and a residual of 49% and a discount from MSRP of $2,892. Is there a different residual for a car in Hawaii? Thanks.

.00035 MF is correct.... 49% residual? That doesn't seem right.. I guess it's possible that they have different residuals in Hawaii... but, not likely. Are you sure they aren't trying to sell you a leftover 2013 model? (But, the 2013 model wouldn't have that money factor). 56% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr on a 2014 base ILX

Also, I show $2500 of dealer cash on the ILX, so that discount is not great..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sorgawsorgaw Member Posts: 10

Hi kyfdx,

Does Acura still have the sign and drive with only .00025 and dealer cover the first monthly payment?

also could we combine the $2500 dealer cash with this special lease?

Really appreciate it. Seems like the ILX does have good deal now.

@sorgaw said:
    Hi kyfdx,

Does Acura still have the sign and drive with only .00025 and dealer cover the first monthly payment?

also could we combine the $2500 dealer cash with this special lease?

Really appreciate it. Seems like the ILX does have good deal now.

Sign and drive and .00025 MF are still in place. And, this offer does account for the $2500 dealer contribution.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks Michael.

My local dealer is selling the car for $23, 965, but still asked for $677 due at signing even though I told him about the $0 sign and drive. Is it normal or he didn't know how to structure a proper $0 sign and drive lease deal?

Thanks.

@sorgaw said:
    Thanks Michael.

My local dealer is selling the car for $23, 965, but still asked for $677 due at signing even though I told him about the $0 sign and drive. Is it normal or he didn't know how to structure a proper $0 sign and drive lease deal?

Thanks.

Depending on the state, there may be some taxes and fees that cannot be incorporated into the lease amount and are due up front. The $0 sign and drive is a national program.

Is there another Acura dealer you can check with?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Yea, I'll check with another Acura Dealer. BTW, I am in California.

Thanks Michael.

Another question, I am at the end of my current Honda lease, do I get the Acura Loyalty Advantage when I lease this ILX? Do I have to turn in the honda, or trade it in to the Acura dealer? Thanks.

@sorgaw said:
    Yea, I'll check with another Acura Dealer. BTW, I am in California.

Thanks Michael.

Another question, I am at the end of my current Honda lease, do I get the Acura Loyalty Advantage when I lease this ILX? Do I have to turn in the honda, or trade it in to the Acura dealer? Thanks.

Ask whichever Acura dealer you end up working with - you may quality for the loyalty advantage.

If you wait until the end of the lease, you can return it to your Honda dealer. However, you may find that you have equity in it, so you could trade it in to the Acura dealer and use the equity as a down payment, or have it refunded to you as a check cut by the Acura dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• davenotizedavenotize Member Posts: 10

If anybody needs a good salesman in South Florida let me know, I bought my last 3 cars with him, and always beats the numbers I bring him, great guy to deal with.

• needacar27needacar27 Member Posts: 3

Can someone confirm the information below?

Acura ILX Base (36/10k):
    Residual: 55%
    MF: 0.00015
    Incentives: $2500 Dealer Cash

Thanks!

@needacar27 said:
    Can someone confirm the information below?

Acura ILX Base (36/10k):
    Residual: 55%
    MF: 0.00015
    Incentives: $2500 Dealer Cash

Thanks!

Correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• humpty_dumptyhumpty_dumpty Member Posts: 6

Hi
    I have never done lease before. I read several information about leasing on different places. I got two different quotes and something is missing in my understanding.
    Here is one quote.
    Ilx Base lease
    36 months x 10k miles
    2700 at signing, includes all cost and first month payment.
    199 (plus tax) for remaining 35 months.
    Residual 15287
    Now this is what I don't get.
    Lets say 2400 is initial cost (taking out taxes and other fees.)
    2400 + (199*35) + 15287 = 24652
    If I try to get loan on the car instead of lease, that would probably cost more than this. So how is that possible? Shouldn't lease cost more than a loan?

@humpty_dumpty said:
    Hi
    I have never done lease before. I read several information about leasing on different places. I got two different quotes and something is missing in my understanding.
    Here is one quote.
    Ilx Base lease
    36 months x 10k miles
    2700 at signing, includes all cost and first month payment.
    199 (plus tax) for remaining 35 months.
    Residual 15287
    Now this is what I don't get.
    Lets say 2400 is initial cost (taking out taxes and other fees.)
    2400 + (199*35) + 15287 = 24652
    If I try to get loan on the car instead of lease, that would probably cost more than this. So how is that possible? Shouldn't lease cost more than a loan?

The only additional cost for a lease is the acquisition fee... Plus, in most states, less tax on the lease. (of course, if you are in one of those states, more tax is due, if you buy the car out).

It all depends on where the manufacturer wants to put their incentives.. some, like to put them in a lease deal..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you for the response.
    Is this a good lease deal based in Eastern PA?

I haven't really looked at ILX leases... What is the MSRP and selling price? Tax rate for leases in PA is 9%, right?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

MSRP is 27795, there is 2500 dealer cash discounts going on I believe, I have seen some people getting selling price around 24500. yes, PA tax rate is 9%, not cool...

@humpty_dumpty said:
    MSRP is 27795, there is 2500 dealer cash discounts going on I believe, I have seen some people getting selling price around 24500. yes, PA tax rate is 9%, not cool...

The base model has a money factor of .00015 and residual of 55% for 36mo, 10K/yr. And, $2500 dealer/lease cash from Honda.

To get down to a $183/mo. payment (pre-tax), your CAP cost would have to be about $21,700. With a $2400 downpayment, that gives a selling price of about $23,500 (accounting for $595 acq.fee). So, with $2500 coming from Honda, the dealer is discounting the car about an additional $1800. That's about $300 under invoice.. So, not a bad deal.. I'd want to roll that $2400 into the lease payment, though... That would make the payment about $251.mo.+tax, or around $275/mo, with just 1st payment at signing...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2014

Thanks a lot for information. This helps a lot. Now I exactly understand the pricing given to me.
    One correction is that the monthly payment of $199 was before tax. I put it in a wrong way. I apologise. So that will add around $600 ($17 * 35) to net cap cost. I think it is still a good deal.
    I also have a vehicle to trade. So I will try to get better pricing on that as well and see how it goes. I will update here once I get a final deal.

• dk6dk6 Member Posts: 2

Hi, I've got an offer for an ILX 2.4 with MT. Cap cost is $25,468+595 acquisition + $149 doc. Residual is $15,950.35. Money Factor is .00015. Monthly payments = $312. Is that a good deal? Cap cost came from TrueCar price. It would seem that there is room to wiggle there, at least. Does the residual seem right? Thanks!

• dk6dk6 Member Posts: 2

Also, is it true that the residual price is set by the manufacturer and that dealers cannot change it?

Residual is a fixed percentage of MSRP, and the dealer cannot alter it. To know if your residual is correct, I'd need to know the MSRP and the lease term and mileage allowance.

The money factor and acquisition fee given are the base amounts, so the only wiggle room is the price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hoosierbmwhoosierbmw Member Posts: 15

After reading these boards on the ILX.. I thought I would comment. I just leased a 2014 Garnet Red/Cashmere interior ILX with tech. 36 mo. 12K per year. Only out of pocket was first month's payment at $310. It took quite a bit of work and comparing dealers. I also flipped out of my 2011 Accord LX lease and used it as a trade in. They helped me on the back end by valuing my trade pretty strongly.. over 13K.. my car had 35K miles on it and it was in good shape. My goal was 300 per month but all in.. including tax I was at $310 which I thought was fair considering the tech package.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• orion7701orion7701 Member Posts: 8

Hello,

Can I please get the residual and MF rate for the 2014 ILX with tech package and without the tech package (just premium package).

State: Pa
    Term: 36 months
    Mileage: 12k per year

Also, can you please confirm that the $3,000 dealer cash is still available?

Thank you.

@orion7701 said:
    Hello,

Can I please get the residual and MF rate for the 2014 ILX with tech package and without the tech package (just premium package).

State: Pa
    Term: 36 months
    Mileage: 12k per year

Also, can you please confirm that the $3,000 dealer cash is still available?

Thank you.

Numbers are the same for both Premium and Tech.

.00015 MF and 52% residual. $3000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• louisfriendlouisfriend Member Posts: 1

Question about Premium fuel Required vs. Premium fuel Recommended on the 2013 and 2014 ILX cars. Edmund's says different things for the 2 year even though the engine is the same, so obviously that is a mistake. I don't know either one, so I cannot look up the owner's manual and say. I was hoping that both Edmunds and owners/lessees could provide the information.

Thanks

@louisfriend said:
    Question about Premium fuel Required vs. Premium fuel Recommended on the 2013 and 2014 ILX cars. Edmund's says different things for the 2 year even though the engine is the same, so obviously that is a mistake. I don't know either one, so I cannot look up the owner's manual and say. I was hoping that both Edmunds and owners/lessees could provide the information.

Thanks

Seems that the small increase in cost for Premium would give peace of mind - why spend $30K on a car then complain about an extra $2-4 per tank for gas?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kapkanimdkapkanimd Member Posts: 136
    edited August 2014

anyone have the august residual/mf for the 2014 ILX base lease 36mo, 12k mi, thanks in advance.

@kapkanimd said:
    anyone have the august residual/mf for the 2014 ILX base lease 36mo, 12k mi, thanks in advance.

53% and .00063. $2500 lease cash for base model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• deepstardeepstar Member Posts: 18

Anyone have Acura's September Residual / MF for These:

2015 2.4 ILX Manual w premium, 12k 36mo.
    2015 2.0 ILX 5-Speed Automatic
    2015 ILX 5-Speed Automatic w/ Prem
    2015 2.0 ILX 5-Speed Automatic w/ Tech

Thank You

@deepstar said:
    Anyone have Acura's September Residual / MF for These:

2015 2.4 ILX Manual w premium, 12k 36mo.

56%

2015 2.0 ILX 5-Speed Automatic

58%

2015 ILX 5-Speed Automatic w/ Prem

56%

2015 2.0 ILX 5-Speed Automatic w/ Tech

56%

.00063 MF and $1500 lease cash for all trims.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    .00063 MF and $1500 lease cash for all trims.

THANKS!

Wondering if I have good numbers for an ILX 2.4 Manual 6-speed.
    36mo/12k lease
    315/mo 900 total out of pocket.
    7% sales tax in payment.

This discussion has been closed.