Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Fiat 500 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
Tell us about your quest for 500!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• websmackwebsmack Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2012
    I bought my Sport at a good price, incentives were given due to 2013's coming soon. Sticker was just under $21,000 with: TomTom Blue&Me, Sirius (1 year), Bose system, Auto Climate control (instead of manual control), two sets of mats, Tessuto Grigio/Nero seats, chromed door sills, Nitrogen filled tires 195/45R16, compact spare tire. Then they knocked off $4000.00. Then I paid another $1700 to extend the warranty to 7 years. When I got home I found imperfections that will be addressed in two weeks during service. Right side of tuner is not aligned with the dash, paint chip where the dash meets the tuner, imperfect paint where the front fascia meets the right headlamp, imperfect paint where the rear fascia meets the hatch-area, imperfect paint where the paint meets the left tail light, and those areas are non-metal areas. Also the headlights need to be adjusted. So I would say to anyone buying a new 500 give it a good wash and show them, make them document, paint imperfections. None of these imperfections and adjustments cause me any concern, as the lower third of the car is "plastic". I tried to add rear splash guards but they're not available for the Sport's fascia, only for the Pop and Lounge. The car rides fantastic, very pleased. Some would say the Sport is a rougher ride but I find it acceptable for a car this small. It's a great commuter car, getting 35ish mpg during my urban adventures. Get ready, people will stare, they will ride up next to you on the Interstate and sit at your side and point and laugh. Fueling will take at least fifteen fun minutes as admirers comment and inquire. It's been a fun first week. I had an authentic Italian salesman, now my one-stop contact for upgrades and I look forward to delicious fresh "cappucino in the Studio" when I return. He's enthused about the 500, owns one himself. The 500 model is not new, has been around a very long time, it's proven. And it has an engine manufactured in Detroit. He said they're motivated to sell with incentives and sold seven the Saturday I visited. I returned on Monday to buy. And it was my best car-buying experience, as usually something is lacking that was not the case from the price to the product to the great attention.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to talk with new owners of micro or subcompact cars (i.e. Chevy Spark, Scion iQ, Honda Fit, Mazda 2, Fiat 500, etc.) to learn how the experience has changed how they think about what they need in a car, and how they use their cars. If you fit this description, please respond to pr@edmunds.com with your preferred contact information by Friday, October 19, 2012.
  • ks55ks55 Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2013
    Criswell Fiat of Gaithersburg, MD really tries to be a good customer service dealership. I would recommend them in the DC area. Cannot say the same about Tysons Corner,VA.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter would like to speak to a recent buyer of a car from a manufacturer that is widely considered "American"--e.g. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Chrysler, Cadillac-- who has not previously owned an "American" car. If this is you, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than Monday, July 1, 2013 no later than noon Pacific.