Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What to check on used Honda Accord Coupe?

krkfkrkf Member Posts: 1
Hi. I am in a process of buying an used car. I will be looking at a 2011 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S, manual, this week. It has a little bit of miles on it (around 30,000). But since it is only a year old, I don't think there is any major problems with this car.

What I would like to find out is that if there is any general issues with this model that I am not aware of. After reading the articles in the forum and goggling, I learned that there is a vibration issue. It seems like it is mostly happening on V6 modules with VCM engines but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. So, I am looking for if there is anything else I need to look for.

I would also appreciate if you own one of this and how to feel about this. I think it is a very nice car but I'm a bit worried that this might be too sporty to me.

Thank you,
K

Comments

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    First of all, that is one oddball Honda.

It's a coupe, it's an LX and it's a stick. Most stores would never order such a car because they are nearly impossible to sell.

I'm only saying this because when you decide it's time to sell it you may find very few people that would be interested.

Having said that, there is nothing "wrong" with this car and 30,000 miles is nothing in the life of a Honda. The "vibration issues" are unheard of in a car like this and only a very few people seem to think there is any kind of a VCM problem on the V-6's.

For peace of mind, since you seem to be a bit nervous, in your case it may be money well spent to have a Honda dealer or a qualified independant shop look it over. Make sure it has a clean title etc.

Good luck!
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    It better be really deeply discounted. New 2012's have enough incentives on them to make the new 2012 cost less than a used 2011. I would check the 2012 before putting money on a used one, unless it is sold at a $10,000 discount from the MSRP, since you can have almost $5,000 off the new 2012 Accord.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    "almost 5000.00 off the new 2012"?

Where do you come up with a number like that? I realize I'm no longer in the business but I never saw discounts or incentives anywhere near that!

The BIG reason it should be deeply discounted is because of what it is.

An LX coupe is nearly saleproof! Add a manual transmission to that and you REALLY have a nearly impossible car to sell.

In my nearly 14 years at a VERY high volume store, I never once sold one and I may have seen two or three that we probably get forced on us.

Still...if that's what someone likes, it could be a great value!