Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Cadillac ATS Lease Questions

Comments

• snaabsnaab Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2013
    I'm from the Metro-Detroit area and have a deal on the table waiting for my go ahead:

ATS 2.0T AWD Base (Black on caramel) with heated seats, cargo mat, emergency roadside kit. MSRP $38,390

The lease is coming out to $296 including tax with $700 due at signing (includes plate transfer). This is a 36 month /12k lease.

I have GMS and also have conquest with a Mercedes Benz lease.

So cash incentives are working out to
    $1000 (GMS cash offer)
    $1500 (Conquest)
    $800 (program cash)
    $3300 TOTAL

As a side note for the select few that it might apply to: there is a new incentive that popped up this week if you're a direct GM employee. They'll match your down payment up to $500. Sadly I'm getting my GMS discount through my dad who is a retiree so the incentive can not be applied. Oh well.

What do you all think of my deal? It took a few days going between dealers but this is as low as I think I can get it. Will take delivery this Friday. Pretty excited!
    edited March 2013
    Looks like we're from the same area. I'm supposed to hear back from a few dealers tomorrow morning on a different car than the one I just posted on but similar to yours (although it's a 2.0T vs your 2.5). Here are the details:

Black on caramel
    2.0T AWD base with following options:
    CUE with surround sound
    Sunroof
    Heated seats
    All weather mats

MSRP $40,785.

I told them $315 including tax / month for 36 month / 12k with $700 will make me sign the papers. I'll let you know what I hear back tomorrow morning.

Not sure if you're a current GM employee but there is a down payment matching incentive going on right now as I mentioned in my post above.

By the way the 2.0T is well worth the extra $$ over the 2.5. Not sure if you drove one but I'd recommend trying it out.
  • sullijossullijos Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the information, it certainly helps from a comparative standpoint. That sounds like a very solid deal, but my issue is needing 16k miles a year. That will add $67/month to the payment, which is a little more than what I was hoping to pay.

However, upon arriving at the dealer last night he told me the car we had discussed was sold and is now trying to find one identical at a local dealership. If he can't find a similar one I may be forced to go to the turbo.

What are the benefits, other than the increased horsepower and torque?
  • amaximeyaamaximeya Member Posts: 1
    ahh I missed the 16k a year.

Maybe it's more of a personal thing but to me the 2.5 felt kind of under powered for such a good handling car. Also it is only available in RWD which will be tricky in the snow. I have a RWD 2007 Miata as my daily driver and it's useless without snow tires in even a dusting of snow. However, once I put the snow tires on it it's driveable as long as the snow isn't too deep. I've made it work for 6 winters so far but only with snow tires.

The Cadillac website has a pretty good vehicle locator. That's what I've been using when working with dealers. Here's the link: http://www.cadillac.com/ats-luxury-sport-sedan/luxury-dealer-locator.html?x-zipc- ode=48098

I heard back from a dealer this morning on the 2.0T AWD with Cue, heated seats, and sunroof: $310.48 36/12k with $842 at signing. Waiting to see if another dealer can beat it and will pull the trigger.

Good luck with your search. I know the 2.5 RWDs aren't that plentiful around here.
  • robtroxelrobtroxel Member Posts: 103
    You are Smart to pay the miles up front as long as you use them! You get the nifty dual exhaust tailpipes on the Turbo and V6. You should consider the V6 as well since it provides effortless power and very little if any mileage penalty. Don't know about any cost differential though.
  • 2010maxima2010maxima Member Posts: 18
    Which package, which dealer?
    Black on caramel
    CUE with surround sound
    Sunroof
    Heated seats
    All weather mats
    Cargo net
    and of course the ipad

MSRP $40,845.

Settled with $307.00 36/12 with $842 due at signing through Ally. Suburban Cadillac Buick in Troy, MI. Picking it up this Friday.

You in the market? In the Detroit area?
    That's a really good deal ... I'm in NYC, looking for V6 performance package with Nav, Cold package, and Sunroof

I got $489 for that with 1st month ... I got $463 for Lux pack with same options
  • neil22neil22 Member Posts: 52
    the 310 sounds like a good deal...would you mind giving the details..MSRP, purchase price, any incentives you used (GM card, conquest etc) , and name and location of dealer..also does the 310 include sales tax .

thanks
  • msheikh25msheikh25 Member Posts: 15
    3.6 AWD Premium w/ sunroof, cold weather
    MSRP: $50425

$485 with 0 down (all fees and taxes rolled in)

VA tax is 3% on entire vehicle purchase price so this comes to a $445ish monthly for the depreciation and rent charge and $40ish for the taxes.

I called GM marketing (800-333-4223) and was able to receive a $1000 private offer from them since I didn't qualify for any of their other current offers (the conquest or loyalty). I do currently own an RX but since it wasn't leased, they couldn't give me conquest. Not sure if that's why they offered it but I highly recommend everyone calling to see b/c it sounds like they will offer you atleast $1000.

I had another deal worked out for 3.6 AWD Performance with 18" machine-alum wheels, cue w/ nav, sunroof and cold weather (so essentially the same car except performance instead of premium so I would miss out on the Heads up display). That deal was worked out the same way with 0 down and all taxes etc. rolled in but it was for $470 because that car had an MSRP about $500ish lower. That dealer was emailing me all day trying to get me to give up the premium and go with him..lol. So that car/deal is available in the DC/MD/VA area if anyone is insterested.
  • adiaz2331adiaz2331 Member Posts: 15
    Do you have to have a GM card to be able to get a private offer? I have received offers from Ford but not gm, and I've never owned a Ford lol. What was the selling price of the car before all the incentives were added and what incentives were applied. I'm attempting to get a 2.0 premium rwd manual lease with cold weather and sunroof but can barely get below five hundred here in NY. Thanks
    Nope, I don't have a GM card. I just saw a message from someone on the Cadillac forums with that number posted and I gave it a shot. Glad I did...took all of 5 minutes and they emailed it out to me within a couple of hours.

Incentives applied were the $800 for leases (I think it may only be on 3.6 but not sure) and the $1000 private offer I received.

MSRP = $50425
    Negotiated price listed at $45530
    Gross cap cost = $48087 (this includes taxes/title + fees)
    Incentives = 1800 (mentioned above)
    Adjusted cap = $46287
    You got a terrific deal. Want to do a similar one..However, I am having a problem coming up with the calculation for the monthly payment to match yours.
    Can you tell me the name and location of the dealer that discounted the MSRP by 5,000 or 10%...
    also, what was the term of the lease in months,
    the yearly mileage,
    interest rate and
    residual value percent or the actual dollar amount at lease end.

your response will be greatly appreciated

thanks
    Lease is 36 months 12k miles per year
    APR = 1.25% (so money factor is .00052)
    Residual = 60% of MSRP

As I mentioned in my first post, I had two dealers willing to work that same deal before the end of the month. I ended up buying from Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria VA because they had the premium build I wanted.

Jim Coleman Cadillac in Bethesda, MD was the one that had pretty much the same car except in performance. The payments would have been a little lower on that ($470ish) because MSRP on it was $49,835.

Both these deals include the $1000 private offer I mentioned though so if you cannot get that, add $30ish to the monthly payments.

I can give you the names and numbers of the the people I worked with if you are interested and in the area. Shoot me an email. I felt really bad not going with Jim Coleman because the guy from there was the most competitive from the start and I pretty much confirmed the purchase with him until the last minute until Linsday told me they could get me the premium for the same deal.
    msheikh25 .. That premium is a SICKKKKK deal. I'm in NY but would drive to DC for that. Which dealer?
    Also, can you write in the tens? Bank, package etc?
    Thanks! My goal was $500 or below and I didn't want to give up any options so I stuck to that until someone finally budged. Getting that extra $1000 private offer is what got me under the 500.

Sorry, I keep leaving things out and posting bits and pieces. But I think i have everything covered from my last few posts including dealer information. The only thing I didn't mention was that its an Ally Bank lease.

If you want any specific dealer contact info, feel free to email me.
    to: msheikh25
    thank you for your offer but your email is private...so please email me with the names and numbers from Coleman and Lindsay cadillac

my email is nquinn036@yahoo.com

thanks
  • wonderwarthogwonderwarthog Member Posts: 50
    Any advice on technique with GM marketing to get the private offer? Do you just have to sound excited about buying GM? I thought I'd give it a try.
    All I did when I called GM marketing was tell them I'm in the market for a new car and considering a Cadillac and heard I may qualify for additional private offers or incentives. She asked me a bunch of questions that I think they use to try to qualify you like based on location or loyalty offer. In the end it sounded like I didn't qualify for anything so she said we can offer you 1000 customer appreciation certificate. I'm not sure if owning a competing brand had anything to do with it or not but could be worth it to mention if you do.
    No worries pal .. How'd you get the $1000 private offer?

I love the premium, if I can get that around $480 I'm in
    That's answers my question
    Thanks for the tip. I called today and scored a $1,000 private offer. I have a similar offer from Acura, so I told them I was considering both cars (which is true). That might have made the difference, but I think they're just ready to promote their cars.
    Did you get just the private offer or are they offering you conquest with that?
    Just the private offer. I was angling for conquest, but I'm not coming out of a lease.
    Gotcha, because I was told they can't combine them.
  • alexorlandoalexorlando Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_Man:

I'm torn between manual & automatic this time around, so I'm looking for info on both.

Please provide the April numbers for Ally & US Bank on the following vehicle:

2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0L Turbo RWD Performance w/Navigation 36mo/15k (manual & auto)

With so many variables on this model, let me know if there is a trim/engine/term combo that has standout numbers.

Thanks,

Alex
  • ht613ht613 Member Posts: 1
    I'm also in NYC area, looking for the same car with the exactly same packages. So where did you get this $489 price?
    Where are you in NYC?

I got that from Gold Coast, but didn't like the path to that number, meaning the games
    So funny, I've been going back and forth, trying to get an order in before the 2013 order process is closed, I think at the end of this week. The dealer comes back to me today, the "approximate" numbers for the car I want, with an msrp of 45,965 (2.0T Premium RWD manual w/ Cold Weather and Sunroof), 36-month lease, 10k a year, for 580! That's insane. I qualify for conquest and I was going to put 1000 down. If he came in around 500, I would buy that, but 580, that's way off. I gave him some calculations, and told him I felt the payment should be around 460, and if he can't get close to that number, we have no deal. We'll see what he comes back with.
    good luck pal
    Car_man,

you please tell me the current money factor and residuals for a 2.0t premium lease for 36, 39 and 48 months. I want to make sure I'm getting accurate figures. Mileage of 10 to 15k a year. Sorry, it's kind of a broad request. Also what incentives are available? I thought there was a conquest bonus available for any non gm lessee, but I'm being told only the luxury conquest is available, so my kia lease doesn't apply. I also have an 08 cobalt owned in the household. Thanks for your help.
    I have a maxima and am eligible for conquest
  • eddieg7408eddieg7408 Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2013
    Hello all:

I am glad to find this forum! Many of you seemed to have found great deals on this car. I am very serious about getting one myself. :)

Car_Man, If you would help me out by letting me know the residual on:
    2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Base
    No Options, with the exception of manual transmission, polished aluminum wheels, and CUE 8" color information display.

I would go with whatever length makes the payment lowest.

I would like to have zero due at signing, but first months payment would be acceptable. I am currently leasing a Dodge Charger so I would hope to be elligible for the lease conquest offer. I also am a GM employee.

I know the manual transmission will likely hurt the residual value.

All this being said, what do you think a fair payment range should be? I did ask about an ATS, but they tried to sell me a much more loaded one for $411 month with about $3,000 due at signing. Sounds high compared to what I have heard here. The dealer here showed that they would pay my Charger lease off, and that it would not bring negative equity to the deal.
  • zja1zja1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man. Could you please give me the Money Factor and Residual for a 36 month lease for the base 2013 ATS with automatic? Thanks in advance!
  • whatanight1263whatanight1263 Member Posts: 2
    I can tell you about my deal on Mar 31st.
    Premium, Cold weather, Sunroof, Alarm package,
    $2,000 at inception included first month tax title (new in florida is $500) and dealer fees and finance fee. Monthly is $480 tax included. Money Factor was .0125 . 15,000 miles per year. Included Conquest rebate. Miami , Florida.

Two comments...You gotta get the LED's HID's (It's soooo much better looking!) Requires Premium package or possibly performance.
    Second comment...Gas mileage is not so good as of the first 800 miles. Actually, its quite horrible compared to the numbers. Traffic here is HORRIBLE, too. There are so few highways that let you go anywhere except to leave.

Good luck, Really Great CUE experience . Got a free Cadillac Ipad, too!

By the way way rented the 2.5 for two weeks and the gas mileage was significantly better..., by almost 5 mpg's in in the same locale, prior to buying the car.
  • kcoldskcolds Member Posts: 2
    I recieved two price quotes of $539 per month for a lease on this vehicle (39 mos/12K) and the only difference was the base prices ($42,075 and $46,890). Packages were the same, driver assist, sun roof, and cold weather. Shouldn't I take the difference in the base prices ($4,815) and divide that by the 39 month term ($123 per) to get a lower payment of $416 per month on the lower priced car? Help...am I missing something?
    I got my quote from the dealer!

MSRP --> 36,765
    PREF --> 35,277
    EVA --> (1,000)
    Lease Conquest --> (1500)

With first months payment + $175
    36 months @ 10,000MI / year = $357.81 w/ tax
    39 months @ 10,000MI / year = $354.34 w/ tax

What do you all think? I am a GM employee, and am currently leasing a Dodge Charger (for the lease conquest). The dealer said I have to pay 7% tax on the EVA and Lease Conquest discounts they are giving ($175) at signing. I have to order the car, so I am waiting until the first of May. I hope the Lease Conquest offer is still available or I could get the $1,000 by calling in.

This is a 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T RWD Standard
    w/ Manual Transmission ($1,180)
    w/ Polished Aluminum Wheels $800
    w/ Cadillac User Experience (CUE) and Surround Sound $1,350
    If you're looking for the difference, the crude way of doing it would be to take the % of the difference that you would actually be paying for. Let's say the residual on the car is 58%, then you would be responsible for 42% of that 4815, and then divide that number by the 39 months to see what the difference would generally be. As I stated, that's the crude way of doing it. I recently just signed for my car, which had an MSRP of 47,080, 39/12k year, for 530 a month. This is for a Premium 2.0T RWD 6-Speed with Crystal Red Tintcoat, Sunroof, Cold Weather, and All-Weather Cargo Mat. That's with first payment and plates down.
  • kcoldskcolds Member Posts: 2
    Ahhhh! makes sense, thanks
    Does anyone have a money factor for April for a 2.0 Base ATS, possibly with CUE? I have the following offer on a white tricoat 2.0 Standard: $2,000 Drive-Off, Selling price $36,000 minus a $1000 private offer and $800 dealer cash, $312.53/monhth. For some reason, I can't get an Ally money factor out of the dealer, and there's also some vague references to government fees and tax, but I've been told that's included in the $2,000 which has not been broken down to my satisfaction. I might include $1,000 of the $2,000 in the lease, I guess another $30/month. I don't really want the fancy paint job, but the only other Standard 2.0's in this part of Northern California are that weird blue, silver, or black which I don't like. I would be interested in CUE for a little more than the price of the paint upgrade, but I'm not convinced it's worth the money.
    I think you can do better... here is what I got at the end of March. Not sure what the difference in residuals is between March and April though.

Black on caramel
    CUE with surround sound
    Sunroof
    Heated seats
    All weather mats
    and of course the ipad

MSRP $40,845.

$307.00 with tax for 36/12 with $842 due at signing through Ally.
    Yes, I remember reading your account. That's a really good deal. I believe you said you got the GM employee discount which I don't have. What was your negotiated selling price and money factor? Apparently the residual is still pretty good, about 64%, not sure if that's the same as in March. I think part of the problem here is the low supply of 2.0T base cars, especially with the options you describe.
    edited April 2013
    I was actually replying to eddieg7408's deal... he has GMS.

Your deal sounds good wonderwarthog assuming that
    1. The car has the CUE option
    2. $2000 due at signing includes everything

They should outline exactly how they got to the $2000 due at signing.

I don't remember my final MSRP... will have to look at the papers. I do remember my residual being the same as yours.... 64%. Sounds like the rebates are still the same as they were in March ($800 from the factory).

However, I would strongly recommend reducing your singing payment to as little as possible. Roll as much of it into the lease as possible, even if it means a higher monthly payment. Always good to do that for a number of reasons like, for example, if the car gets totaled, your turn it in early, etc.. In those cases you stand to lose all of the "down payment" vs the portion of it that you already paid for.

Regarding you wondering if CUE is worth it I think it totally is. I was gonna skip out on it after reading the horrendous reviews on the system and to keep my payments low. However, I am now EXTREMELY glad I got it. I've had no issues at all with mine and find it to be a pretty good interface / system overall. From what I've read in the Cadillac forums mine has the major update Cadillac rolled out in February which fixes most of the issues reviewers had. Plus it comes with a better Bose system (10 speakers vs 7 speakers) which I thought was better sounding than the base system (but it's still nothing amazing...). And hey it comes with a free iPad which I'm about to dump on ebay (don't need it).
  • vipermxvipermx Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Car Man,

Could please let me know what the residual and MF for May is on a ATS 3.6L AWD Premium? Terms are 36 Months @ 12K miles. Also, could you provide the May Lease incentives if you have them? I'm beginning my research on an lease when I return from deployment at the end of the month. Thank You...
    Snaab, Your offer is really encouraging! Thanks for replying. Looks like I will be unable to order a 2013. (dealership said the factories are building out and only 2014s can be ordered) But I did find one at another dealer configured with:

Power sunroof
    Heated driver and front passenger seats
    6-speed manual transmission
    17 X 8 polished aluminum wheels
    Premium all-weather floor mats (dealer-installed)
    CUE (Cadillac User Experience) and Surround Sound

for a total MSRP of $38,405.00

Surely if I get anything similar to your offer, I can come out at 325$ / month or less for that with a little less down (first months + ~110 fee)

You must have got quite a discount off MSRP. I was told a manual transmission did not change the residual but maybe $5 a month extra. If you get around to it, look up the price you paid out of the door, post back. That could be helpful in my negotiations!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi zja1. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2013 Cadillac ATS with 15,000 miles per year are 1.25% and 60%.

General Motors is currently providing an $800 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi wonderwarthog. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly vipermx. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L AWD Premium with 12,000 miles per year are 1.25% and 61%.

GM is currently providing an $800 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • vipermxvipermx Member Posts: 3
    Exactly what I needed--thank you car_man...
    edited May 2013
    Here are the terms proposed to me for an ATS Performance with cold weather package (really cold here in the Bay Area!). MSRP: $45,235. Selling Price: $42,035. Adjusted Cap Cost: $38,335. APR=1.25%, Residual=61%. 36 month lease, 12,000 miles. Drive-off: $1734 (including a $1,000 private offer from GM). $363/month including tax and license. I have no idea what's included in the $1,734. I think they just made it up, but the terms are the best I've seen for a $45,235 ATS. What do you think?
This discussion has been closed.