Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Cadillac ATS Lease Questions

Comments

• 2010maxima2010maxima Member Posts: 18
    If you really can get this with little to nothing down do it, but I highly doubt it
  • wonderwarthogwonderwarthog Member Posts: 50
    Yes, I highly doubt it too, but they haven't said anything about the $800 incentive that GM is offering. I suspect that's part of their cap reduction. I'm hoping I could reduce the drive-off to something under a grand.
  • ubuntu1ubuntu1 Member Posts: 13
    wonderwarthog, what is the $1,000 private offer from GM?
  • eddieg7408eddieg7408 Member Posts: 13
    MSRP Standard Vehicle Price $34,900.00
    INSTALLED OPTIONS TOTAL $360.00
    Black Raven $0.00
    Jet Black w/Jet Black Accents, Leatherette seat trim $0.00
    6-speed manual transmission ($1,180.00)
    LPO, Wheel locks $50.00
    Premium all-weather floor mats (Dealer-installed) $140.00
    CUE (Cadillac User Experience) and Surround Sound $1,350.00
    Destination Freight Charge $895.00
    TOTAL MSRP $36,155.00
    PRICE*

Getting closer to getting one! I feel like I am not getting quite the deal some of you are, even getting GMS.

For 10,000Miles, 39 months
    Residual: 59%
    GMS: $1420
    LEVA: $1000
    Dealer Lease Cash: $800
    At Signing: $354
    Aquisition Fee: $595
    Net Capitalized: $33,176
    Lease Rate: 1.2%
    $354.13 month w/ 7% Indiana Tax

Should I expect the dealer to negotiate the selling price down a little better, or is this a fair deal?
    See the email back on April 2 (I think) from msheikh25. I just called up Marketing, told them I was interested in an ATS and some competitors, and they sent me a "customer appreciation certificate" worth $1,000.
    I would say "not" since I've been quoted a Performance ATS 2.0t for $363 including 8.75% California tax, 12,000 miles, 36 months, $1,734 drive off. MSRP on that car is $43,235. Capitalized Cost is $38,345.
  • groth12345groth12345 Member Posts: 17
    I just leased a similar ATS (2.5, CUE, polished wheels, drive flat tires & Brembo brakes). $36,xxx. Got a heck of a deal @$290/mo including NYS tax and acquisition/disposition fees, NO MONEY DOWN. Includes $1000 from Cadillac (called their Marketing Dept), $3100 discount from dealer, $800 dealer cash.
  • whatanight1263whatanight1263 Member Posts: 2
    You need the HID's and LED's. You need a Premium. Without out'em, its just a car! Sorry to break it to you! 6 weeks in my ATS Premium. I love it. Black Raven, Carmel, Heated Seats, CUE, NAV, Lane Warning, Its got it all Baby! My friends actually walk out to check it out. And my friends are pushing 50! :shades:
    Don't forget the projector in the windshield either, and the sunroof and the pandora and the dual exhaust and the mag suspension in the premium. And the looks of the guys that don't have it!
    Premium is nice, but you don't get much more than you get with the Performance trim. Performance has HID, CUE, Nav, all that warning stuff. As far as I can tell, the major difference is that Premium has 18" wheels (an option with Performance), limited slip differential, great if you're stuck in the mud, and extra cooling capacity, whatever that is. Price difference is about $3,000. As it is, the Performance I'm looking at has more crap on it than I want!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome vipermx.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thinking about a 2.0T Luxury now.

With an MSRP of just over $40,000...
    $500 at signing (includes first month's payment but not plates and registration ~$120)
    and $355 a month w/ Indiana sales tax.

Now just trying to get out of my Dodge Charger lease. The buyout is trade-in value, but the dealership only wants to give $3,000 less than trade in value, skyrocketing the above payment.
  • snaabsnaab Member Posts: 74
    My MSRP was $40785.00
    Rebate total $3300.00
    Gross cap cost $39578.73
    Thanks for sharing! I figured out what inspired your deal so much; it was the awesome residual. It is now 59% (at least for the manual transmission that I am desperate to have). I believe I have it down to $326.94 with first month's payment at signing, since I got the GM private offer and GMS. If I changed it to 64% I would be at $279! This is for MSRP of $36,155. So, maybe I am getting an okay deal.

Still working on getting the trade in bought out. All I need is trade in value to get out clean.
  • cwyattcwyatt Member Posts: 10
    I am looking to lease a new ATS in the DFW area. I'm looking for the residual and money factor/rate for 36 months 15,000 miles a year. Aside from any private offers, what incentives are available right now? Thanks
    Hi cwyatt. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Performance RWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.25% and 59%.

General Motors is currently providing an $800 cash incentive on leases of this car. There's another $1,000 conquest offer for current owners of select luxury brands available on top of that.

Car_man
    Host
    Maybe a silly question, but others may have experienced this tactic: What do you do when your dealer is offering a certain reduction from the MSRP, you ask for the $800 cash incentive, and he replies that any incentives are already included in the selling price reduction? I'm trying to squeeze an extra $750 out of a dealer already offering a Performance 3.6 ATS with cold weather and sunroof at $45,985 for $41,985, (no sunroof). Selling Price should be about $40,000.
  • karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    You go to another dealer.

The dealer is offering to sell you a vehicle at a price, which may or may not be its best price. All anyone can do is make a counter offer.

If the counter is not accepted, use your most powerful tool, say no thanks and and walk away. Walking away will cause the dealer to act as it knows once you leave you most likely will not be back.

There is always another dealer.

To come up with a realistic price, take invoice, reduce by holdback and incentives and add whatever profit makes you comfortable.
    Yes, I know all this, but my problem is that there are not multiple dealerships with credible prices and decent selection. To get a good price, I'll have to "settle" for a color I don't like that much and added junk like the "cold weather package" that I don't want. The price is at least $1,000 below invoice, and I have an additional $1,000 discount to use. I'll work something out, but I can't just trot over to the local Cadillac dealer and price shop.
    So the problem I am running into is that when I put in the numbers, the payment is significantly lower than the price I am being quoted by my dealer. Breakdown is as follows

MSRP $45635
    Negotiated $43160 (with lease cash applied)
    Tax $2697.50
    Fees/Reg $855.69
    Down Payment $900
    Lease End Purchase $27274.65

Payment @ 36mo/15k miles - $597.42

I called Cadillac marketing and they are sending the $1000 private offer which isn't factored into this deal. The above shows $900 down, but I would also have to pay 1st month and fees at delivery. It all seems so high to me.

When I calculate it myself...

MSRP MSRP $45635
    Negotiated $43960 (without lease cash applied)
    Added costs $855
    Cap Cost Reduction $2700 (lease cash, incentive, and $900 down for the sake of comparison)
    Adjusted Cap Cost $42115

Base Payment @ 36 months $448.33 + $36.99 = $485.32

So as to why my payment is so much different when using the same numbers...In TX, how is tax calculated on leases? The lease calculator I used doesn't factor in those differences. And second, it has to make a difference as to whether the incentives, down payment, etc are applied as a sale price reduction or as a cap cost reduction, right? I just can't come to any reason why there is more than a $100 difference in the two :confuse:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    In Texas, you pay tax on the full selling price of the vehicle... so, add that to your CAP cost..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

So taking the tax on the sale price and rolling it in as an addition to the cap cost I get this...

MSRP $45635

Negotiated $43960 (without lease cash applied)

Added costs $855 fees/reg + $2747.50 tax

Cap Cost Reduction $2700 ($800 lease cash, $1000 incentive, and $900 down)

Adjusted Cap $44862

Lease End Purchase $26924.65

Cap - Residual = $17937/36 = $498.27
  • car_curious1car_curious1 Member Posts: 21
    You need to add your residual to the negotiated price.

Then use what ever interest rate you were quoted to get to the final number.

I think it should be 1.25%, atleast that is what I was quoted on the lease.

If the total of residual and negotiated price is around $60,000 @ 1.25%. then that is $750 per year multiple by 3 years = $2250 /36 = $62.50

$498 + 62.50= $560 /mo

That is as close as I can come to the $590+ payment you were quoted
  • bfavrebfavre Member Posts: 21
    MSRP $40,645
    selling price was around 38,200

Base awd model with added options
    sunroof
    cue system
    heated front seats

$2550 down
    $368 month
    includes $1800 incentives

12k/39 months
    ny state

is this a good deal? Feels a bit high for leatherette, and no luxury package. Please let me know. I didn't love this particular negotiation and think a better deal exists...want to know what i should target.

Thank you!
  • bfavrebfavre Member Posts: 21
    Residual was 60%
    MF .00125

did my homework thanks to this board
  • vipermxvipermx Member Posts: 3
    Car_man,

One last request--could you pass on the same info below for June? The dealer dropped the ball on getting my ATS by the end of the May. Lease info:

- ATS 3.6L AWD Premium
    - Terms are 36 Months @ 12K miles
    - June Lease incentives (if any)

This should do it--thanks for your patience...
    Car man, thanks so much for helping so many with the information.

I have a request similar because I have not been able to get my ATS yet.

- ATS 2.0T RWD Standard w/ Manual Transmission
    - 36 Months @ 10K Miles or 39 Months @ 10K Miles
    - Ally or US Bank
    Hey vipermx. Ally's June lease program for the AST is exactly the same as the May lease program was.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi eddieg7408. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac ATS Standard RWD with 10,000 miles per year are 1.25% and 63%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.25% and 61%.

There's an $800 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • ewellsieewellsie Member Posts: 15
    What is the current June lease rates for the ATS 2.0T Premium, for 3-years, 12,000mi/yr?

For that matter, I guess I'm looking for the June rates for the 2.0T Performance as well, with the same timeframe, in case I decide the Premium isn't worth the additional cost.

Thanks.
    I guess you can only order the 2014's now according to the Cadillac dealer I visited on Saturday.

Unfortunately they also don't have any incentives/rebates or lease numbers on those 2014's yet, which I find a little strange if that's all you can allow customers to order if they walk into a dealer. There are no 2.0T Premiums to be found in the state in the color combo I want and with minimal options.

Am I supposed to order a new car without knowing the pricing, incentives, and lease rates?

Seems like a poor sales model from Cadillac to not provide the 2014 pricing early to dealerships, so at least people have the option of ordering one.
    I've tried calling the Marketing number twice, and spent 5-10 minutes on the phone each time and did not receive any private offers, so I'm guessing that is no longer available.
    Hi ewellsie. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Luxury with 12,000 miles per year are 1.25% and 61%.

I believe that the numbers for the Performance trim level of the ATS are the same.

General Motors is currently providing an $800 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    You could be right. I just stressed that I was looking at an ATS and mentioned that I had private offers from competitors (which is true)
    Was there a time limit on the certificate?

I'm going to be ordering a 2014 model, so I may not even qualify for that if it's only good for 30 days so he may have skipped over it.
    Picked up my 2.0T Performance RWD last week. Loving it so far...

Breakdown
    $45,240 MSRP (Sunroof, Cold Weather, and 18" Machine Finish)

$41,076.95 Cap Cost after $800 lease incentive and $1000 private offer

$26,691.60 Residual

36months/15,000 per year

$468.04 Payment with tax after fees.

It was a back and forth ordeal trying to buy on a Saturday and ended up having to wait until Tuesday of the next week. I'm entirely satisfied with the deal. The payment is a little less than $100 over the payment on my non-leased 2012 Mazda3s Grand Touring that I got rid of after it was extensively damaged (but not totaled) in an accident.
  • bestornothingbestornothing Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2013
    Hello CarMan,

I'm a young guy (going on 24) and I've been a Realtor since I was 18. Right now I'm in a lease on a 2011 Jetta 2.5 SE w/convenience (white gold/black) and pay $267.43 a month. My lease is up in 8 months (15,000 a year), but I'm at 37,000 miles now. My car has about $500 in damage (someone keyed the side) and the rims are a bit scuffed. Also afraid my A/C compressor is going ...

I need a more "important" looking car for work. Funny thing I make more money than most of the people I work with, yet clients have often given me a negative reaction from the car I drive so I want to upgrade. Honestly, I want to get into a new CLA but don't think it will be out in time for me to get out of my lease.

Here's what VW is proposing:

2013 VW CC Sport w/Lighting Package
    MSRP: $32,890
    Sales Price: $27966
    Rate: .00073
    Residual: .46
    15,000 a year
    $2,000 Down
    39 Month Lease
    Trade: $14,500.00
    Payoff: $13,654.90*
    Payment: $341.01 (when I used my calculator I came up with $360 a month)

*When I do an online payoff VW Credit says I'd owe $15,500? Is VW waiving fees because I'm bringing it back in to them??

Cadillac:

2013 Cadillac ATS 2.5L (base)
    MSRP: $34,040.00
    Sales Price: $30,631.96 (I guess this is MSRP minus $1608.04 dealer discount?? minus an additional $1,800 in incentives. People told me there is an additional GM marketing $1000 ... how do I get that? Do you think I could get more off the car or maybe a better model?)
    Residual: .60
    Rate: .00052083 (1.25%)
    $1200 Down
    36 Months
    15,000 a year
    Trade: $14,500 (sight unseen they said they would match VW)
    Payoff: $13,654.90**
    Payment: $330 a month

** Is it likely that since I'm going to VW to Cadillac that it's possible my payoff would be closer to the $15,000 that I got from online?

So CC would be premium gas, more down, but less insurance. ATS is not premium in gas, less down and MORE for insurance (not by much). CarMan ... which seems like the better deal? Could I get more off the Cadillac or at least a 2.5 with better rims or something ... (it seems VW gave me a pretty big discount)? I do think the CC looks a lot more expensive than the Cadillac, but ultimately the Cadillac might be less expensive ASSUMING my payoff won't increase since I'm leaving the brand.

Sorry for the long post ... I'm trying to be as smart as possible about this lease but don't have anyone to give me advice. Ideally I don't want to pay over $350 a month. Any other brands that could be suggested would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!
  • jpezejpeze Member Posts: 9
    Hey Car-man,

Long time reader first time poster. I have four months left on my current lease. I am looking at

2013 ATS 2.5L performance package, cue system, rear camera...etc
    MSRP: $38,485.00
    Sales Price $32,991.00
    The dealer said they can pay my current lease off. 4 payments left at around $1046. They want $1000 down, 36 months at $370-$380....10k miles per year. I countered and told him I don't pay a down payment. I want 0 down, and the figures are 36 months at $405-$415.

Is this a good deal? They let me take it home until Tuesday. Please help me.

Thanks for your time
    Hi bestornothing. I completely understand where you're coming from. The vehicle that they drive seems to be very important to real estate agents and their clients. I think that purchasing a larger or a more prestigious vehicle would benefit your career. That sort of thing sounds strange, but in real estate it's probably true.

I have mixed feelings about leasing a vehicle for a real estate agent. On one hand, it's a business expense so leasing makes sense. On the other hand, you are likely going to rack up a ton of miles driving clients around and in turn go way over your mileage allowance and owe a huge excess mileage penalty...which you're seeing already.

The money factor that you were quoted on the CC lease is high. Is your credit in good shape? VW Credit's top tier lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a '13 CC Sport is only .00033.

Having said that, you are being given an amazing selling price on the new CC that you are considering and a great deal on getting out of your over-mileage Jetta early.

It is possible that it would cost you more to get out of your Jetta if you go through a dealer other than Volkswagen.

It seems like you're really on top of things here. Kudos. The CC looks like a very good deal if you get the money factor issue straightened out. If you can find an ATS that has been in dealer inventory since December 1st or earlier, there's another $1,000 cash incentive on leases. Other than that, it's really a toss up as far as which deal to go with.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jpeze. I think that I missed your window. Did you end up getting the ATS? Do you still need help? Let me know.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

thanks I'm still undecided. I have the option there but I haven't pulled the trigger. Ball is in my court. I'm just kind of confused with the price they have on the website and then the lease numbers they inflate up for my payoff of 1300 added to the deal. From the numbers I'm working with the MSRP is 40,935 and 36-month 10k for $420, 12k $433. The car is loaded with the extra 1000 off. Is that a good deal? Was a trying to be $400-$410.
    Hey jpeze. Before you mentioned that this car's MSRP is $38,485 and that its selling price is $32,991. Has that changed? Where did the $40,935 figure come from? If that's the new MSRP, what is the new selling price?

Car_man
    Host
    That was the first model, I drove the 2.5 and opted for the turbo instead. Msrp is $42,935. They have a true price online for 35,093. He worked the numbers and added my $1300 payoff plus no money down and gets a $40,594 as price. The numbers show a $1800 rebate, im assuming the extra $1000 and $800 incentive through ally.

http://www.nashvillecadillac.com/new/CADILLAC/2013-CADILLAC-ATS-Nashville-99d51e- 040a0a00e0011e826f4a0d452d.htm
  • taisoultaisoul Member Posts: 1
    My first post so take it easy on me. lol. Just want to know if I'm getting a good deal here.

Black raven ATS RWD 2.0 Turbo Luxury pkg. 18" wheels, Cue w NAV, cold weather pkg. Bose system.

Trading in my 2008 CTS4 w 43k miles on it (Its not running to well these days but still looks sharp). I owe $13,500 on it.

NEGOTIATED TERMS:
    36 month lease
    12,000 mile per year
    Inception rolled in
    $380 monthly payments. Zero out of pocket (Using equity of trade in)

This is after $800 incentive and $1000 off due to another lease I have (Subaru - never heard of this but ok).

Is this good?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter would like to speak to a recent buyer of a car from a manufacturer that is widely considered "American"--e.g. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Chrysler, Cadillac-- who has not previously owned an "American" car. If this is you, please send your daytime contact info to [email protected] no later than Monday, July 1, 2013 no later than noon Pacific.
    CarMan,

Do you know what new incentives Cadillac is offering for July?

Also, have any of the MF/Residual values changed for the 2.0T Premium for 2013 or 2014 as of July?
  • kainnyckainnyc Member Posts: 80
    Any new MF, incentives, rebates, car man? I see some ppl took of 4k dollars of cars with only 800-1800 in incentives in may, he did they do that? Thank you
  • cpprhead59cpprhead59 Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2013
    I know the 2014 ATS is out and has been arriving in dealer showrooms and that there is not much of a change from the 2013 model. I am currently in a lease until September 2013 and was wondering what types of possible incentives might be normally available for leasing a 2013 ATS.

Of course no one can see the future but any ideas of past experiences would be great.

I received a nice quote on a 2013 Performance that had all I wanted in it but if I can hold off and save a few bucks that would be great.

Thanks.
    Caddy ATS 2.0 AWD nav, cold, sun, luxury trim 45, 233$, 59% for 36mo. @15k miles! do invoice minus 1k conquest, 1k some rebate, and your 4500$ below msrp! Do yr math and your at 481$ zero across the board! Money factor is 0.0004116 through ally with only 595 bank fee! Total fees are 965$ good luck
    I was told its not going to change but 4-6 weeks b4 the new car arrives dealers don't buy 2013 so you will be limited I'm looking now and having trouble in the tristate area nyc good luck
  • mbsunsmbsuns Member Posts: 1
    What is the difference between the 24 month and 36 month lease deals at 10,000 and 12,000 miles?
    Is MSRP less $2000 for the luxury models available in addition to loyalty incentives?
    What should I expect from west coast dealers , if anything, below the manufacturer incentive discounts?
This discussion has been closed.