Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Honda Accord

13»

Comments

• faischivofaischivo Member Posts: 26
    BTW which accord did you get ???
  • thomasr1950thomasr1950 Member Posts: 76
    EXL V6 w/Navi, not Touring, maybe the next car will be Touring. Touring has some nice features but i owed on my 2011 Accord so i had to stay with the EXl V-6 Navi.
    Car has so much technology. If you have one is there a way to show the artist, station & song on the display & still use the Navi screen? I'm still learning all the features. I checked the manual but didn't see it. Thanks.
    How about the display, can i set it to see the radio station, artist & song while using the Navi?
    edited October 2012
    I think you can, top display navi and bottom display music ,but like i say I'am still learning .I have a clock as my wall paper. then if I want navi I hit the button on the wheel it will take me to navi . As you can see on the top display you have-navi-phone-info and music Just select what you want . I really dont know if you can have both on one display,but I suggest you try the bottom screen for your music info. If I remember your able to have the top display as navi and bottom display with your music, Let me repeat I'am new when it comes to these two displays and I'am still learning. I may be wrong about certain things.

Good luck.
    Thanks, i understand. There's a lot to learn on this car. I'll try to find out more as i have time. Once i find out i'll post.
    edited October 2012
    BTW I forgot to tell you what I do before I drive off I do all my presets first ,it can be distracting while driving and for sure bad things can happen if you know what I mean stay safe my friend.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a the latest model VW Passat or Honda Accord sedan, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 1, 2012, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 30, 2012 for a copy of the survey.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

On the Aha feature am i right there's not many stations? I need assistance on finding more. I'm not able to use the search feature to find many stations.
    On the RDS for the radio display i had Honda Sales Rep. email me a video on how to show the station, artist & song. He shows that on the radio mode selecting the tune function it displays the info. Hope that helps.
  • stage4survivorstage4survivor Member Posts: 56
    My somewhat diminutive wife feels she's sitting very low, compared to the TL, this replaced. Despite poring over the manual I can't seem to find anything that elevates the height of the entire seat.
    Any suggestions appreciated
  • grigolgrigol Member Posts: 17
    I tested 2013 Accord EX-L V6. Like it very much but cannot buy it.
    Only because of no armrest for me (I'm 5'7 ). People who tried Altima know what I mean.
    Are there any accessories that emulate an armrest for Accord?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    You've posted this everywhere... and no, we don't know what you mean by "no armrest."
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,934
    I bought my '13 EX on 9/8. Because of my daily commute, I have 1800 miles on it already. My commute includes county back roads, 30 miles of congested interstate highway, and around 5 miles of typically bumper to bumper city streets. The trip computer often shows 34.5-36 mpg, and 34 mpg since new. This is every bit as good or better than the '09 Civic I traded. I have owned many cars, luxury, sport, economy. This new Accord really impresses.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• pilmpilm Member Posts: 5
    no
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Just took a trip in our 2013 Honda Accord from Ohio to Washington, DC and back. It was a good test of the car because it involved driving through the Alleghenies over the Cumberland Gap, snarled traffic in downtown Washington (though less than usual unfortunately since everything is closed), and a driving rainstorm for the first half of the trip. There is also some two-lane driving with Amish buggies on the Ohio part. Overall mpg each way was 33.5 on the rain half and 35 on the way back, which I thought was pretty good given the conditions.

Driving through the mountains was the first time I was aware that I was driving a 4cyl and not my V6 Maxima, which took everything in stride. The Accord also made it through easily but I was aware the engine was working harder. However, it handled beautifully especially in the downpour where there was actual ponding on the roads. It has wonderful visibility which was much appreciated in both the rainstorm and city driving. Interestingly, the rear window stayed completely dry the entire time. I also appreciated driving nearly 500 miles on 1 tank of gas, and regular, not premium.

The Accord has one feature that I learned about on this trip. I'm sure they're common on cars with push button start but it was new to me. My husband was trying to put a bag in the trunk and it wouldn't close. It also sounded a small alarm. Turned out my remote was in the bag, and the Accord doesn't want you to lock your keys in the trunk.

All in all, while I loved my Maxima dearly, I have to admit that the Accord is actually overall a better vehicle. I'm speaking strictly of driving dynamics since of course any new car is going to have many more features than were available 12 years ago.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Your mileage figures are remarkable for a mid sized vehicle...very impressive I must say! Really no need to get a compact if mileage is your #1 goal in purchasing a new vehicle with figures like y'all got. Personally, I love the looks of the new Accord but not the size and would buy in a heartbeat a shrunken Civic if it looked exactly the same. I am very interested in the Acura ILX as my next vehicle based on its size and looks, and from the article in the paper I just read, it is a bit longer than the current Civic which surprised me. Having seen a few from the outside at the dealer a couple weeks back, I love this vehicle and I like it as much, if not more, than the Buick Verano, it's main competitor. Both seem to be very nice near luxury vehicles but not at the lux price of the TSX or ES 350. Boomers like myself who have done the econocars for years want a bit ore lux as we retire and purchase what might be our last vehicle. Since I tend to keep my vehicles 10 years or longer, my next vehicle just might be my last...and either of these vehicles would be a great choice for me, and I'm sure my wife would love either also once I buy. Will be very interesting to see what I do come 2016 or 2017 as there will probably be different models out for consideration. And a cpo lux vehicle might just be a viable alternative as folks who can afford these vehicles new tend to drive more conservatively and tend to do the required maintenance on time...and then some as they realize that it is an investment, though a depreciating one, that must be kept up. But I tend to do that for our fleet, and always have as I want each vehicle to start every time the key is turned on, no exceptions!

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

We tend to like a midsize as our road trip car and a smaller hatch for around town, currently an '04 Vibe. I wouldn't mind if the Accord was smaller. It does not drive like a large car and has a good turning radius. The only thing I have against compacts on a long trip is they can be very tiring due to road noise and suspension. Otherwise I'd prefer one too. If my kids were around they would like a bigger back seat as they are all tall, but none of them live close.

I haven't heard much about the ILX. What's it's fuel economy like? Does it take regular or premium? Those were 2 important factors for us. Premium fuel is really expensive especially in California where we will likely retire.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Today's article gave it a glowing write up actually and praised it for it's lack of outside noise and such, extremely quiet with excellent handling. I think it requires regular also which makes sense as one of the engines is a 2.0 liter with the other one being a 2.4. I have seen one up close at the dealer from the outside and it is the perfect size, a bit bigger than my Civic. The interior got rave reviews for the fit and finish and the great looks of it...this vehicle is at the top of my short list right now but it starts at about $26.5k for the base model with auto tranny, not a bad price for an entry lux vehicle. And it is an Acura which speaks for itself! A bit pricey I think but am ready to leave the econoboxes behind now and get a more grown up vehicle next time round. Hey, I deserve it and really, for the 10 years that I keep a vehicle, the extra money doesn't come out to be that much so why not splurge and have fun!

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• jsin1jsin1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi there. I updated my iPhone 5 IOS to IOS7 and now, when using Bluetooth to play music, the dashboard and steering wheel controls for forward/back and pause songs no longer work--I have to do it from the phone. Anyone have any wisdom on this?
    I'd ask the dealer. Let us know what you find because I'll be doing the same thing.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    Have you tried deleting and then repairing?

Bill G
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
    I just spoke w/the dealer, who said Honda shouldn't need to keep up with each phone OS update. I haven't tried re-pairing but will. It's not that the phone isn't found; only that I can no longer more forward or back to listen to music.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    Wow - real nice dealer response. Let us know how you make out.

Bill
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
    So I repaired and got it to work. The dealer was sorry, but also admitted that they're happy to fix any mechanical problem, but technology issues were beyond them.
    edited October 2013
    I bought the car in April, and since day one, the radio reception and sound have been awful. Better sound with Bluetooth to my phone and XM radio, but the radio sounds like a transistor radio, lots of static. I took it back to the dealer for this, and was told first by my salesperson that there's nothing they could do about that--it must be the area I'm in relative to radio towers (I live near Silicon Valley and my last car, a 2002 Honda Civic, had better sound and reception in the same places.) The salesperson suggested I install an after-market stereo to fix it (even though I had just bought it). Unfortunately there are no radio/stereo upgrades through Honda. ... So I took it back to their shop, and the mechanics said all they could do was a software update, which made no difference.

I'm very frustrated that I have a new car with a radio from 1950. Has anyone else had poor sound and/or radio reception in their new Honda? Any ideas of possible solutions, since the dealer has no help to offer?
    We don't listen to regular radio much since we live in a rural area that has very poor reception. Nothing would fix that situation. So we listen to XM which is fine. I also listen to music through my ipod which also works fine. Do you have static in that situation too? I don't except temporarily when satellite reception is blocked, like in a tunnel or between two large hills.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,934
    3500 miles, 33.7 mpg on trip computer B, not reset since delivery. A little wind noise turbulence at speeds over 65 at driver's window, otherwise no issues. Paint, fit, finish, no flaws. I am very pleased.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2013-14 Honda Accord, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 13, 2013, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, December 11, for a copy of the survey.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews