Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X1 Lease Questions

13»

Comments

• carshopper97carshopper97 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Hi - What is the June 2013 and 2014 MF and Residuals for X1 xDrive28i?

10k for 36/39 months, Thank you
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi carshopper97. BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X1 xDrive28i with 10,000 miles per year are .00127 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2014 model are .00127 and 60%.

BMW is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of the 2013 model, but no cash...other than loyalty...on the 2014.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jodarojodaro Member Posts: 9
    Here are the specs of the car:

In California.

2014 X1 xDrive28i; X-Line, Ultimate, and Cold Weather packages, Mineral Gray/Black
    MSRP: $42,725
    Invoice: $39,285

Lease offer:
    $39,945
    36 months, 12k miles per year, $2500 down.
    Residual 57% ($24353.25), money factor is 0.00167.

Thanks!
  • jp12687jp12687 Member Posts: 8
    Hey All,

I am just getting my ducks in a row about to go order a new BMW X1 2014 x28 M sport line.

MSRP $45,350
    Invoice price: $42,210

What is a reasonable amount i can negotiate the MSRP down?

What is the current residual on the X1 with 12k a year/3 years?

Current money factors?

also is there a good place that posts residuals and money factors that i can easily check?

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi jp12687. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the X1 right now, but if I was in the market for one I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over the dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com and see what happens.

As far as the lease program goes, Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 X1 2.8 xDrive .00127 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • newyorkphilipnewyorkphilip Member Posts: 11
    Car_Man,

Can you provide August MF and RV for 36-month & 12k mile per year lease for both 2013 & 2014 models?

Philip
    Hey Newyorkphillip

I just closed on an X1 deal last week.

X28 M Sport
    MSRP $45,350
    Sale Price: $41,150
    Ride and Drive Discount: $1,000
    Final Sale Price $40,150
    MF .00125
    59% Residual

$1600 in fee's

$495 a month payment for 36/mo 12k a year
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Can you provide August MF and RV for 36-month & 12k mile per year lease for both 2013 & 2014 models?

MF is .00125 for either model.

Residual is 57% for the 2013 model.. 59% for 2014.

Regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• funyunzfunyunz Member Posts: 3
    I just signed a lease for 2014 x1 sdrive 28i

Base model plus premium package. Invoice was 36000. I put $1000 down and $498 a month.

I'm not familiar money factors and residuals.

Should I feel bad about signing this?
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Member Posts: 117
    Need more info. What was MSRP and selling price? Miles per year? What state?
    $36k is roughly the Base model of the X28 with no add on packages...

I had a fully tricked out x28 (M Sport, Heated seats, lighting, servtronic, ultimate package) which MSRP is like $47. I am paying $498 a month with no money down ($1,200 in dealer and DMV fee's)....
    Hi jasonmdbmw

It is 10000mile for 36mons. I'm in hawaii, so I know it is usually more expensive.
    Hey jp12687

What state do you live in?
  • franzfranz Member Posts: 16
    Hoping to get the new September residual and MF on a 2014 X1 with 36 month term and 12K miles/year. Would like to pull the trigger on ordering one of these this week.

Can you help CarMan or kyfdx?

Thanks so much!
    Should mention I'm looking at getting xDrive 28i. Also, do you know if there are any changes with incentives for September?

Thanks!
    They will be out tomorrow
    Hi Jason and Hosts,

Would you mind posting those new September lease terms and incentives that came out today?

Trying to finalize negotiation....

Thanks!

Mike
    Bump.

Still hoping to get new September MF/Residuals/Incentives on a MY2014 X1 xDrive 28i. (term is 36 months and 12K/year)

Trying to close a deal today.

Thanks!
    Sorry just got on here and saw this. MF is the same and RV is 56% for 12k. There is a $500 Lease/APR Conquest Cash on the X1's and cannot be combined with the Loyalty Cash. It is for non-BMW owners.
    Are you sure?

I just heard from Justin Wong at New Century BMW in California that the first figures BMW sent out yesterday were wrong and that they sent out an updated list hours later and the residual was 59% for these terms.

Thanks, Jason.
    That is correct about the original numbers being wrong. It is 59%
    I just put down my lease deposit for order of MY2014 X1 xDrive 28i.

Here are details:
    M Sport
    Mineral Grey
    Black Leather
    Dark Silver Crosshatch
    Lighting Package
    Ultimate Package
    Heated Seats

MSRP: $44525
    Invoice: $41460 (includes destination $925, MACO $350, training fee $180)
    Cap Cost: $42160 (includes negotiated $700 profit over invoice)
    Adj Cap Cost: $41660 (includes deduction for $500 Loyalty Credit)
    Fees: $1174 (Doc fee $100, DMV/Title $349, Acquisition $725)

36 Months, 12K/month
    MF: 0.00125
    Residual: 59% = $26270
    Monthly payment = $512.42

Cash Due at signing:
    $1686.42 (includes 1st month payment $512.42, Fees $1174)

I may roll the fees into monthly payment at time of delivery.
    I think I may also use 7 MSDs at time of delivery to cut MF in half.
    If incentives are better when I take delivery in Oct/Nov then I'll opt for those.
    Status is already Code 150 (production started).

What do you all think?
  • keyjeykeyjey Member Posts: 50
    Hi there,

Been reading others experience and it is very helpful. I am getting the following offer on BMW X1 from a dealer in SF. Comes with technology pack, sLine, moonroof, aluminum trim.

MSRP - $37,625
    Cap cost - $34,499
    Residual - $20,945
    Money factor: 0.00125
    $0 down plus fees (~$1800)
    $444 a month plus tax
    On approved credit

How does this sound?
  • lenamcdearmidlenamcdearmid Member Posts: 9
    $30800 2014 BMW X1 sDrive28i
    $0 Jet Black
    $0 Beige Leatherette
    $2250 Technology Package (includes Navigation, BMW Apps, Enhanced Bluetooth)
    $250 Roof Rails in Aluminum Satin
    $925 Destination
    $34225 MSRP
    -$1426 Dealer Discount
    -$500 Conquest Cash
    -$600 Trade equity from Honda
    +$2149.75 GA TAVT TAX
    +$90 Tag, Title, and License
    +$725 Lease Acquisition Fee
    =$34663.75 Net Cap Cost on lease

$20877.25 Residual Value (61% of MSRP)
    .00125 Money Factor (with approved credit)

36 Month Lease
    10,000 miles per year
    $452.39 per month

First payment of $452.39 is all they collect up front.
  • pureriverpureriver Member Posts: 2
    The offer I got
    2014 X1 x28i, ultimate package/cold weather package
    10000 miles per month, 36 months
    445 per month, $3000 due at signing(including title, tax, fee)
    I live in NYC
    is this good deal?
    Could I get October residual/MF/incentives for 2014 X1 X drive 28i?

Terms = 12K/year, 36 months

Thanks.
    .00125 MF and 61% residual..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks, kyfdx.

Do you know the incentives?

Thanks.
    $750 option credit cash and $500 lease loyalty..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rick4rick4 Member Posts: 15
    Can I assume a 59% residual for 15K/36 mo with the same mf?
    Yes...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tricks73tricks73 Member Posts: 3
    Dealer is telling me that the BMW lease programs for X1 are same as Oct - anyone know if that's right? Specifically, x28i 36mo/12k. Thx!
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    What are the November MF, 10k/36 mo residual and incentives for the x1 3.5?
  • untdrumsuntdrums Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone,
    I need some help. I am trying to get my wife into an X1 and have been talking with 2 dealers in my area. This is my first lease as I bought (financed) my 335d last summer so I have been looking to your experiences for guidance. First, here's the first offer I have been given:
    2014 X1 xDrive 28i
    Lemans Blue
    MSport
    Lighting
    Ultimate
    Heated seats

MSRP: $44,625
    Discount: $3,205
    BMW Option credit: $750
    USAA/Owner Loyalty: $1,000
    Vehicle selling price: $39,670

Sales Tax: $2,479.38
    Tag/Registration Fees: $57.75
    Title fee: $33
    State insp fee: $23.75
    Documentation fee: $122.50
    Road and bridge: $10
    Balance due: $42,486.67

Adj cap cost: $43,126.38
    MF: .00165 / .00116 (w/7 MSDs)
    Residual: 59% for 15K miles
    61% for 12K miles
    $725 acquisition fee

Option 1- 36 months / 12K miles
    Cash due: $558 or
    $4373 (With 7 MSDs)
    Monthly payment $558 or
    $524 (With 7 MSDs)

Option 2 - 36 months / 15K miles
    Cash due: $581 or
    $4397 (With 7 MSDs)
    Monthly payment: $582 or
    $548 (With 7 MSDs)

We'd like to see if we can lower the selling price but more importantly the MF. When I told the CAs that other people are getting .00125 before MSDs, he asked for a source. Does anyone have any advice?

We are planning on selling my wife's current car (2013 VW Golf TDI fully loaded) this weekend and are trying to get this settled before then.

I forgot to mention that we are changing to sDrive since we live in Dallas and don't need AWD. I figured that should lower the selling price by at least $1700. The CA said we would have to order one or be more flexible on the options since he can't find one in the BMW Southwest area. Do you the the MF problem is because we live in TX? I have found a few dealers on cars.com and Autotrader that match our options list.

Thanks in advance
    2014 X1 x28i 36mo, 12K/yr
    .00125 MF and 61% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

2014 X1 x35i 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00125 MF and 62% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• konacougkonacoug Member Posts: 196
    I think the sell price is a little high, with the available incentives. They are definitely hosing you on the mf. I would be very leery of any dealer who questions you regarding how you know the base mf. Some dealers will hold you up regarding this, but, I would just tell them your starting at .00125, before your MSD's. I would walk from any deal, that they jacked up the mf. There are direct to dealer incentives from BMW, that are not seen by the public right now. I would price out your preferred car at invoice, subtract all of the incentives and go from there.

I recommend you check dealer inventories that are within what you are willing to drive and email offers to their internet depts. If you have to order, send the build out to as many dealers as you can, take the best offer and shop it.

Walking into the dealer is the worst way to negotiate a deal!
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the response and advice. I have done a little more negotiating with a little compromising on my part. They couldn't get us a LeMans Blue with heated seats without a transportation fee. If we would have ordered one from Germany, we would have lost out on our VW appraisal from Carmax which is more than what we owe on it. Here's the updated deal. We're hopefully signing this week.

2014 X1 sDrive 28i
    Mineral Grey
    Dark Crosshatch
    Black Nevada leather
    MSport
    Lighting
    Ultimate
    19" wheels

MSRP: $42,925
    Discount: $5,060
    Rebate: $500
    Vehicle selling price: $37,365

Sales Tax: $2,335.31
    Tag/Registration Fees, Title fee, State insp fee: $131
    Documentation fee: $125
    Vehicle Inventory Tax: $68.14
    Balance due: $40,024.45

MF: .00165
    Residual: 59% for 15K miles - $25,325.75
    $725 acquisition fee
    $726 Deposit

$39,772.45
    36 months / 15K miles
    Cash due on delivery: $1,486 (Paying for Taxes and fees up front so I don't have to pay interest on them)
    Monthly payment: $508.71
    Not too bad.

I'm loving mine with exact same build except 18 inch wheels.
    I would note that they are marking up the MF the maximum amount..

That adds about $26/mo, pre-tax to your deal.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What happened here was that I originally negotiated an offer with another dealer to get to a lower monthly payment.

Original dealer have me a higher sale price and I negotiated a .00125 MF. Monthly payment was $509

I took the deal to another dealer and they were able to match the monthly payment and in order to do so, they lowered the sale price but of course raised the MF to .00165. Monthly payment is $508.71. I would rather work with the second dealer for convenience and better service.

Do you think it's still possible to lower the MF once I get into the financial office even though I have already agreed to buy the car, I just haven't taken delivery yet? I'd rather not put MSDs since they won't really make much of a difference in our monthly payment.

Advice anyone?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
    They are scamming you on all the fees...the detail fee is crap. It is included in the $925 transportation fee. If I was you, you can shop anywhere and do PCD delivery at Spartanburg. I would look to Adrian who is a Bimmerfest sponsor out of Atlanta.

Also, your 1K rebate, if they are using it on the MSRP, it is really a $1200 deal over invoice. All rebates and incentives should be applied after the price is agreed upon.
    The finance guy is not your friend. He/she will try to sell you all kinds of extra crap, trying to scare you about the tires/wheels, dings and dents and windshield chips.

Back to your proposed deal....I would stick to my guns....base MF, they are just trying to increase their profit in the deal. It is the same as if they charged you a higher cap cost price.

You could find another similar vehicle in another city and email an offer. If it gets accepted, then they might match it. Or you could tell them that there is an unnamed dealer who accepted your deal. But, you like your CA so well, please match it.....
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    Last time I looked Adrian marked up the MF too. Has he stopped?
    I would never do a deal with a marked up MF. Keep looking for a dealer. There are plenty of X1s around.
    hmmm. I don't know personally. All I know is that he has gotten great reviews on Bimmerfest.
    edited November 2013
    Well we signed on my wife's X1 yesterday finally.

15K year/ 36 months
    Original monthly: $508.71/month
    Contracted payments: $530/month

We opted for the tire and wheel as well as the dentless repair. With 19" rims and the Pirelli summer tires we thought it'd be a good idea since I have it on my car and have had all 4 tires replaced this past year. Apparently the dentless repair also gives the client up to $500 towards a deductible on collision as well as the normal coverage...up to twice a year! Of course they tried to sell us these items for a MUCH higher price but we figured $21.29 more a month was ok for us. With the positive equity we received from our VW sale we were able to walk with not that much out of pocket.

One interesting thing is that they absolutely wouldn't budge on the MF. Also told us that MSDs weren't an option. We asked after we signed so who knows. It looks like they lowered the payment to make it look like they sold us the "extras" at a higher price. Either way for us it'll work for our first lease.

Thanks for all of y'all's responses and advice.
    If you are in any state by NY, MSD's are allowed. It isn't up to the dealer to tell that you can not use them. That alone, is very dishonest on their part and I would of walked away on that alone. Ok, I reread, you asked after, so they don't want to recalculate the deal. I sort of ran into the same problem, with my deal. I told the CA, I was going to use MSD's, and when I went to sign, they weren't in the deal. The finance guy had a cow, made out like it was such a huge inconvenience to him. I had to go back out to the managers office and he gave me attitude too. I told go look at all the emails I had sent to the CA. If I hadn't flown in from Hawaii on the redeye and been on a tight schedule, with truck pick up to ship back to Hawaii, I would of just walked out the door. So, I totally understand their crappy attitude.

I have run into dealers, that have no clue about MSD's, try to charge tax on them and incorrectly calculate the new payments.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited January 2014

Please visit the 2014 BMW X1 Lease Questions discussion for current 2014 model year lease questions.

This discussion has been closed.