Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn Vue ABS System Problems

katiedid88katiedid88 Member Posts: 4
edited January 2015 in Saturn
Evertime I turn left the brake light, traction control and stability control lights come on and the car starts dinging. Mechanic says it could be front wheel bearings because they are tied to the ABS system??? But I have been seeing alot about wheel speed sensors?

Second, everytime I brake suddenly, a cloud of smoke comes from the front end and there is a burning oil smell. The oil is fine and no leaks. Again mechanic says it could be a cracked CV boot throwing grease?

Lastly everytime I put in reverse or when I lightly put pressure on the brakes when driving I get this noise like a humming (errrrrrr) noise. Its not the grinding/squealing noise you would get when brake pads needs replaced.

HELP!!! I only have 60k miles on this.

Comments

• gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Hello katiedid88,

We're sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with your Vue. Is the mechanic you're working with one of our GM technicians? If so, we're happy to follow up on this with you! We can be contacted at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • jill2110jill2110 Member Posts: 5
    Did u ever find out what was causing the problems stated in your first paragraph? I'm having the same problem there!
    Thx
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    jill2110,

We hope you hear from katiedid88 soon on whether or not she was able to find the root of the ABS issue. If you decide to work with a dealership, let us know as we'd be happy to follow up on your progress with them.

• motnia1motnia1 Member Posts: 4
    I am also have the same problem with my 2008 Vue... the ABS and Tractor lights start coming on I have about 68,000 miles. I took it a Chevy dealer he put it on a machine and found no errors charged me $88 said keep driving it. I ask if it was safe he said yes but I may have a problem when it rains. I felt very uncomfortable so I took to the dealer I purchased it ... they found major problems $830 worth of problems with ABS and tractions (thank God for the extended warranty). The dealer had a problem removing the drivers airbag to fix the problem. It was in the shop about 3 hours. I was leaving on vacation and made appt for 28Nov12 @10:30am. The dealer told us it would be a while before we get it fixed. They gave us a loaner. We did not received a call to tell us the work is done.. but as soon as I get the bill I will let you know what the problem is.
    the lights flickering in my car was suppose to be due to the body control module and was a sure fix, i paid 700 to replace it and it was still doing it, but not all the time and when i got it back for the first to weeks it was great then it start again and got worse to the point the abs and traction lights came on. the only way i can get it all to stop is to disconnect the battery for an hour them reconect it and then its good again for another two weeks then i have to do it again. this just does not sound like an altonator issue to me. The vue starts and runs perfectly its just this electrical problem with the flickering of the interior lights and radio cutting off and back on. Now they say it is the altornator and for some reason i feel this is not the problem. Im in the process of trying to get out of the vue, NO ONE seams to be able to pinpoint the issue just guess and hope for the best. I have had this car for 5 months and its been in the shop 6 times and still does the same thing 1600 later with my extended warrenty as well other wise it would have paid close to 6000 by now. ugh
    best advise, i have read so many things about electrical and abs and traction lights its crazy, im surprised after all the complaints of the same issues that saturn has not stepped in to offer to fix it like a recal or something. Thing is saturn is dead and they dont care unless u are giving them money all they say is we are sorry we are sorry. Anyway yeah pretty much after about 40,000 miles saturns start having these problems and are junk....it can just about promise you it wont get fixed and if by chance it does it wont last long or it will be another issue. Best advice...get a new car dont wast your money on these costly repairs cuz the problems are not going to stop now. Saturns are history now and its time to just let them go to the junk yard where they belong
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Good morning motnia1,

We're sorry to hear that you did not have a satisfactory experience with the first dealership. If you had wanted for us to follow up on anything with either dealership, please don't hesitate to contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, the name of your dealership, and a brief summary of the situation).

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • katiedid88katiedid88 Member Posts: 4
    Sorry I did not get back on here after taking my car in. So- I am being told by the shop I took mine too that its not the wheel sensor- he looked at those and they were fine. He claims the traction control issue is due to low brake fluid and needing new brakes and rotters.

Well new brakes and rotters are close to $300.00. And I have had no issues with brakes at all, I only have around 68,000 miles.

Im thinking of having brake fluid put in just to see if it fixes the issue or not before we do any type of brake work that I really dont think I need.

But I did research and printed everything off and took it with me, and the mecahnic even said these Saturns are known for this issue and the bad wheel sensors but assured me mine were ok.

So at this point its getting worse and I feel like when it happens the car shifts a little (like jerks) and again it only happens when I turn left, whether just a slight left movement of the wheel and it goes off.
  • keithj60keithj60 Member Posts: 3
    Did you get it fixed? I'm having the same problem with my '08 Vue XR AWD. Every time I make a left turn, my abs, traction, and emergency brake light come on. I've been to two different repair shops. The first (non-GM certified) told me it was the speed sensor, which is consistent with what I've seen on other sites. The downside is that they wanted to charge over $500 for the part, which made me skeptical that I was getting a bad deal. I called a GM dealership parts dept. that told me the part was $60 for the sensor, $337 more if I needed a whole new hub, so I took it there to have the sensor replaced. Of course, they called me later that day to tell me it wasn't the speed sensor, but a YAW rate sensor (error code C0292), which would be over $800 to repair and take up to three days to replace. In addition, it was not guaranteed to fix the problem and I may need to replace the EBCM, which would be more!

I have no idea what to do at this point. I feel like either way I'm getting the short end of the stick. Meanwhile, my car chimes at me every time I turn left, but it doesn't seem to affect performance.
    I took mine to two different dealer including a gm dealer and after much guessing, parts replaced, and over 1500 with extended warranty the vue continued to do the same thing. I replaced the body control module, speed sensor, control panel, ac work, battery replacement and nothing fixed it and gm finally said they were just dumbfounded. Their advice to me was to get rid of it. It has a serious electrical malfunction and was deemed unsafe by gm. So I got rid Of it and am now a proud owner of a new 2012 Hyundai Tucson limited and I love love love it! My advise to u as I was told...get rid of it. Its a safety hazard waiting to happen!!
    We ended up putting brake fluid in just to see if they were right (as my mechanic said it was low and that's why it was doing that) and it voila, it fixed it. It was instant and only cost a few bucks!. No more dinging and lights going off and its back to normal.
    katiedid88, I read your reply and went directly to an auto parts store to buy brake fluid. It worked!!!! I'm in shock. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have undoubtedly saved me $1000s.

I am going to call the two shops I had previously consulted on Monday to tell them what the real problem was.

Sarah at GM customer service, I think you should tell someone at GM about this. I've seen this problem repeatedly on other blogs, leading to many dissatisfied customers. Even though Saturn is dead, this problem will likely occur with the Captiva.
    Good morning keithj60,

I'm definitely going to keep an eye on the thread and am glad to hear that the brake fluid solution posted by katiedid88 worked!

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Hope that your problems end there. That's how my started and little did I know it was only the beginning. Wish u the best!
    Yes I got it fixed took them a while to fine the problem 1st they could not get the airbag out that was days before Thanksgiving (they did give us a lift to the mall).I took it back after Thanksgiving they gave me an rental...called me the next day have had nt problems since. You are right the cost was a lil over $800. I almost passed out in the mall...ask him if my extened warrenty covered it..yes...I paid $100 deductible.....I took it back to the former Saturn dealership I purchased it from. They were determined to fix it. Thank God that ordeal is over....I suggest that if you can to purchase an extended warranty. Anyway they found 3 codes (the codes errors were C0460, C0045 and P0346). They calibrated the streering position sensor and cleared all the codes. I have not had any problems since. Ihope this helps...
  • mbeauchampmbeauchamp Member Posts: 2
    VUE XE 2009( not 4 wheel drive).When driving at low speed the brakes come on either 2 wheels or the 4 wheels without even touching the brake pedal.My GM dealer is puzzled and confirms the master cylinder is not the problem.The VUE computer does not confirm any issuesWhen the brakes cool down the situation corrects itself.This VUE is towed behind a class A motorhome

I need to know if others have experienced such and what was the solution
    mbeauchamp,
    If you would like for us to follow up on this with your dealership, please email us more details at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation so far).
  • vueme08vueme08 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Katiedid88,

Thanks for your help...topping off fluid seemed to solve(kudos to your mechanic as well)....I just started having this issue last week and....1st thing I looked at was brake fluid reservoir and it was just above low level line(proly need bake pads; will change soon)but did not think it would solve because it looked like the low level sensor was still much lower than the fluid....2nd I found a thread on the internet about a TSB for 08 Saturn Vue and it was about checking wiring and/or connector for the rear abs circuit...so I did this and found wiring, wheel sensors and connectors ok...I even pulled rotors off for inspection. I am really glad I found this thread. THANKS AGAIN :) Oh! I do need brake pads. L8tr!
  • cragmorcragmor Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    Every winter for the past few years, the ABS and traction control lights come on in our 2008 Vue XE. The first time I took it in, they fixed it under warranty. The second time, they said the original repair was under warranty, and they fixed it again. Turns out that they just did a cobble repair on it the first time, and actually replaced parts the second time. I believe that it was the left rear sensor that was acting up. Once again, sloppy winter driving conditions were upon us, and the light is on again. I am hard pressed to want to pay a thing for repair if it turns out to be the same wheel again. How common is this for this vehicle. I have seen others talk about other issues, but not this specific kind of problem.
  • 4norm794norm79 Member Posts: 11
    After driving the Vue for 8 months and complaining about the vibrating break pedal, a fix was found. A few days ago, the ABS and Traction Control lights came on. I took the vehicle in and while driving, the brake pedal vibrated. Finally, the dealership found the problem - the left wheel speed sensor was found to be "open". Because I had the car in earlier for the same problem while the car was under warranty, the dealership didn't charge me for the repair. I'm done with GM
  • lsj1lsj1 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Katiedid88 "That's how my started and little did I know it was only the beginning." Only the beginning, so what else is to come?
  • mobileman1mobileman1 Member Posts: 1
    Im having what sounds like the same problem with a 08 Vue. The longer you drive it, the more the brakes are applied by themselves. What did your problem turn out to be?
  • mbeauchampmbeauchamp Member Posts: 2
    The dealer In Florida(jan.013) could not identify any mechanical reasons.I have since return home in Montréal Canada and have yet experience any problem
    regards
    Michel
  • brooks_tbrooks_t Member Posts: 6
    Sarah,
    Just this weekend I've experienced the exact same problem on an 09 VUE(72k)....found this thread and need to know if adding fluid is the fix. I assume by now you've seen enough such episodes to form an opinion...thanks, brooks
    We out brake fluid in and have not had an issue since.
    Hello brooks_t,

Since I am not a technician, I cannot advise on if adding fluid will correct the issues you're experiencing. If you'd like to send us your VIN, contact info and dealership we can explore what options there are in getting this problem corrected for you. We can be reached by email at socialmedia@gm.com [attn Amber].

Thank you

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    Back at the dealer again...same old challenge the ABS Traction lights on....It was repaired in Nov 2012...Problem started again about 10 days ago....2008 Vue still at the dealer. Mechanic said he was waiting for a rep from Chevy..but they never came...they told him to let the extened warrenty take care of it....So I think there is a hugh problem with the Vue and Chevy does not want to have to deal with it.....and/or recall them....I have an a replacement car from the dealer so I am not inconvience....but I am a lil concern that this problem is not being taken care of by Chevy. People do not let the dealers tell you it is nothing wrong with the Vue and it is ok for you to drive it....No,,no,,no....I suggest that you take it to an auto parts store and have them do a code check on your Vue...It is best to be safe or feel safer while driving....
    As I posted 9/4, I'm having the same problem...were you able to find the problem?? The GM folks are uninterested in finding the problem and thus will never find a solution...that is until some of us get killed and the subsequent law suit forces their hand....thanks,brooks
    I wish you good luck. After I put brake fluid into my '08 Saturn Vue, my ABS lights stopped coming on. I've not had any issues with my brakes locking up like I've read in other posts.
    I will tell you that since fixing my brake problems, I've had a myriad of other problems. The largest problem was that my transmission went out at 92k miles. The dealership wanted to charge $4300 for a new transmission. After weeks of back and forth with gm customer service (direct and social media) and the dealership, I was able to get the cost down to around $1000. I was without a car for nearly a month during this process.
    Over the weeks of dealing with GM and the dealership, I was able to figure out how the process works (you may know this, but I was clueless when I started). The dealership works with GM Corporate when a customer has an issue that is close to the warrant period. In this instance, I was 6 months out of my warranty period. The dealership and corporate negotiate with one another to absorb costs when working out a resolution. For instance, if they offer a total discount of 60% off cost, the dealership could take on 30% and GM takes on 30%. Once the dealership has some skin in the game, you will likely see a decrease in the initial charge. In my case, it started at $4300. Then, once they took "a closer look" at my transmission, they determined that I just needed a minor rebuild which would be about $1200. Thus, they would have to absorb less cost. Go figure.
    A week after having my transmission rebuilt, I started to notice a problem with my power steering pump. It was making the typical whining noise I'm familiar with. I took it to a Firestone, where they told me that I needed a new pump. I wanted to get GM's opinion, so I took it to another dealership for evaluation. They told me it wasn't the pump making that noise, the car needed a new $1200 steering column. They told me this was not typical and they would work with GM (at my request) to sort out a discounted cost for a replacement. After two weeks, the dealership told me that they would not work with GM to fix the car because they didn't want to absorb the cost. The GM customer service agent apologized and suggested I take it to another GM dealership a restart the process.
    I didn't know what to do at this point. I was not wanting to put ANOTHER $1200 into the car. So here is the best part: I took the car home and checked the fluid level on the power steering pump and it was empty! I filled the pump with fluid and the sound stopped. Seriously, I almost spent $1200 when I fixed my whining problem for $12. The car was at 2 GM dealerships and a Firestone and all three didn't check the fluid levels. I guess that GM inspection they promote is worth about as much as the paper it's printed on.
    Sorry to ramble here, but I've had the worst possible experience with GM. I would work with them if you have extra time (and a high pain tolerance), get your vehicle fixed, and trade it in for something else. My family has been GM customers for decades, but that is over.
  • lzntexaslzntexas Member Posts: 2
    I have an 08 Saturn Vue XR - several times the ABS light would come on and chime would ding when making turns. Mechanic said it was a known issue yet no recall - right rear ABS brake wheel sensor. Had it fixed two or three times. Now, car is periodically slowing down like in a low gear and then brakes real hard to push down. Towed back to mechanic who thought it at first was the brake vacume hose connection. Replaced the grommet (Sp?) and now happening again. Mechanic taking vehicle to dealership as he says this is again an ABS problem. This is frustrating as I am seeing posts of ABS brakes causing problems on their vehicles. Of course, out of GM warranty. GM I thought Saturn was going to set the bar for GM products.
    Well, for me , it's beyond frustrating...brake systems are not a 'new' idea or invention, they've been around for a long time. I realize there were growing pains when for example disc brakes became the brake of choice. But, those systems have been perfected and have functioned flawlessly for years. The manufacturer would have you believe that isn't the case, when in fact, he has substituted a cheaper part from a different vendor and now has these problems that seemingly come from nowhere. Where I come from that is called a lie and should be called just that! The first step in solving a problem is defining/recognizing the problem...GM is refusing to do that and it will eventually put they back into bankruptcy with you and I, the folks who bailed them out, left to deal with the greed associated with the cheaper supplier....
    Hello lzntexas,

I understand your frustration in dealing with an ABS brake issue. I see the mechanic who has been working on your vehicle is bringing it into a nearby dealer? I would like the opportunity to discuss your current situation with you. Please reach out to us via email at socialmedia(at)gm.com and include your contact information and VIN. In the email please include "ATTN LAURA" in the headline so we can make sure it gets to me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    GM Customer Care
    I got my car back today after a week..the dealer call GM and they were suppose to send a rep but guess what he never showed told the dealer to let my warrenty company handle it....Hopefully the problem is solved. Thank God I had the warrenty would have cost me a lil ove $3200...I got a loaner and my Service Manager was very concern about my ordeal....I suggest you all go to a GM dealer for this problem and repair...but check with a auto parts store and them do a system check to see what code are in error and it is free. But I can understand your frustration...check with a dealer...
  • ehickmanehickman Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same thing happen!!!! I have 2008 Vue. It hasn't been right since I purchased it 2 and half years ago at Toyota in Louisville, KY. The tire sensor was on when I bought it and they told me it was not anything. I have experienced problems from the beginning. The dealership charges 100.00 every time you have a scan. I had an extended warranty, but they kept telling me it was the spark plugs and wanted to charge 500.00 to replace them. I did not let them. I took it to my uncles shop and he did it for free. He told me from the beginning that the spark plugs had nothing to do with it. It continues to have issue after issue. I hate this car!!! I pay a hefty car payment to deal with this crap all the time. Now it is making that sound when you use the brakes. It's a nightmare.
    ehickman,

We're sorry that you're not having a good experience with your Vue and that you're having an ongoing, unresolved concern with the ABS system. It's understandable that diagnostic fees can add to the frustration.

When you had your uncle do work on your Vue, did that resolve your concerns or are you still having trouble?

Regards,
    Sarah (Assisting Amber)
    GM Customer Care
  • rflanneryrflannery Member Posts: 4
    My daughter has this vehicle. We bought it in May 2013 and put several thousand dollars in to so that she could take it to college: new timing belt, water pump, brakes, etc. It is a beauty!

So, she starts driving it to get used to it for the long drive to school. She tells my hubby that the brakes come on by themselves and she has to "floor" it to move. We of course poo-poo her and say it's because she isn't used to driving AWD - and the dealer checked it out for safety when doing all the work mentioned above!

Well, I had to drive it for a few days while my car was being worked on. She was NOT exaggerating at all! The brakes locked up for no reason whatsoever!! I had to stop there on the road as they were actually smoking!

My husband worked on this; replacing every damned brake part - even the master cylinder! I drove with her to college (Riverhead NY to Buffalo NY) and we had no problems. Last week she called. It is happening again!! This time it took over 2 hours for them to release. She missed classes of course but worse I can't allow her to drive this unsafe vehicle home for Thanksgiving.

We're at wit's end with this vehicle! I chose the damned thing and I am SO sorry! Between the $6K we paid plus all the new parts and labor, we're nearing $10K for 9 year old vehicle!! :cry:

Suggestions are welcome!!!
  • brownzoobrownzoo Member Posts: 2
    I am having the same problem with my Saturn Vue 2008. We just took it in to the dealership and spent $3200 every last cent we had to get it fixed. I told the service writer that there was a break issue and that the car would almost stall and not accelerate but it seemed related to the breaks. Well they fixed every thing but the problem. I am out of money and taking it back tomorrow, within 20 mins. of picking it up on friday night the problem happened again. I am besides myself because I am out of money. We only took it to the dealership because we thought it might be something complicated and figured they would be on top of this issue. Any suggestions are welcome. I have cried all weekend because I feel like they are going to try to it is not their problem.
    I'm sorry to hear that you are being raped by the dealer...that's the reason I haven't taken mine there yet. The posts on this and other sites strongly suggest that the dealers have no clue how to resolve the problem...but at least they will tell you, the customer, what their computers tell them with utmost confidence. The only guy who can solve this problem is the father of the stabilitrack system, but that would require GM admitting the problem...
    Now, I figured the only way to solve this problem is to narrow it down myself and thought I'd done so until a couple weeks ago...I'm still in the analysis stage. A BIG step in the right direction is to pull the fuse so that the stabilitrack system is disabled. The fuse you are looking for is in the fuse box under the hood, it's a 40 amp square fuse and is labeled ABS (there are 2 ABS fuses, it's the big one). When pulled, a warning light will flash on the panel that the stablilitrack system requires servicing...that's because you just disabled it. Don't be alarmed, the brakes continue to function just like conventional brakes, without the computer-assisted braking. I said earlier that I thought I'd found the problem...not so quick. Happened again even with the fuse pulled(which is starting to make me thing that there is something going on with the mastercylinder/vacuum assist, which as far as I can discern, is the ONLY place that pressure can be introduced into the system unintentionally) . I did discover that pressing the brake pedal to the floor will disengage the brakes...for some strange reason.
    I started my analysis with a laser thermometer that could tell me which wheel/wheels were involved with the unintended braking. Couldn't make any sense out of the data...all four were involved, but 2 diagonally were much MORE involved. I've yet to make a similar observation because the latest episode happened while my wife was driving the car. Fortunately, I'd told her about pressing the brake pedal to release...more to follow as I discover....
    We did pull the fuse as you mentioned, too. And, like yours, it did not cure the problem. We will be sending her to Monro Brakes with instructions to check the brake proportioning valve (we talked to a Saturn "expert").

Will let you all know how it goes!
    Well...it did not go well at all!!! Monro says that there is no proportioning valve on ABS - they say it is contaminated brake fluid and want $4500.00 for a new system!!!!
  • austinavaustinav Member Posts: 1
    I have a 07 Saturn Vue I just replaced the front rotors along with ceramic pads and a new caliper on the drivers side. I bled the brakes as I always do during a brake change and believed I was good to go. I drive for about 2 miles and the front brakes lock up to the point of melting the rims off the car. I wait for them to cool and the brakes seem to release enough to get it back home. I was going to replace the master cylinder but I don't think that's the issue since I can see the calipers moving while I'm bleeding them. And, no, the calipers are not seized.
    Anybody have any ideas before I loose my mind?
  • daveroberdaverober Member Posts: 1
    I have had a 2003 saturn vue that came in my shop for the same reason. The dealer aalready replaced the calipers on it and it was good for a little while. The solution I found was the rubber brake lines had colasped on the inside and the fluid could not return keeps the brakes on till it finally drained back.
    First, I have NO idea how the title got posted as '04, I actually have an '09 Saturn VUE...and, years ago, I had a similar thing happen to a '78 Chevy dump truck...inside liner of one of the hoses failed and turned itself into a check valve. That was fairly easy to isolate but not so with these electronic brakes. I pulled BOTH ABS fuses in an effort to eliminate something from the possibilities and I think I have...just not sure what. I can still get the brakes to start this braking without ever touching the brake pedal...simply apply brakes gently, same way you would with conventional brakes, and after a few miles...they apply all by themselves. I'm beginning to suspect the master cylinder since that appears to be the only place that pressure can be applied to the system...short of what you've encountered with the hoses...but I just wouldn't think they'd fail only 4 years old. But, having said that, it does fit all the symptoms. I bought a laser thermometer to try to figure which wheels were active...found out all 4 were but predominantly passenger front and driver rear...with the electronics unplugged its the front way more than the rear with the passenger side more than the driver side. My next step may just be the hose on the passenger side front....more to follow...
    This is EXACTLY what my hubby did. He flew up to Buffalo and drove the Vue home. Ordered new brake lines and after he removed the old ones he tried to blow air through them. He couldn't. He kept cutting the lines to find the blockage. Near the middle some sort of clamp that holds the lines to the vehicle started to rust and the build up of rust was closing the line!

I'm driving this until she comes home for Christmas to be certain that it is finally fixed!

I'll keep you all informed ... it's been a trip literally and figuratively!
  • 4norm794norm79 Member Posts: 11

It's time to stop complaining about this car and take some action. Go to the NHTSA.GOV website and make an official complaint. I filed separate complaints on the ignition, transmission and engine cover leak. If we're lucky, we may get a recall and get some of our repair money refunded. That happened when the Ford Windstar that I owned blew head gaskets. Ford was forced to recall the car and refunded repair and towing costs.

• brownzoobrownzoo Member Posts: 2

Ugh back again. I posted back in the fall about the same brake problem everyone here is talking about. I have a 08 Saturn Vue XR. We took it to the dealer and I explained the problem, the female service writer basically didn't listen and they relied on the codes. Leading us to a $3000 repair that within 20 mins of leaving the dealership the lights came on and it did the same thing. I went back and talked to the General Mgr of the dealership, they ended up replacing the VVT transmission and sent me on my way. Then shortly after I had an issue with a leak, I took it back and they said it was my powersteering and charged me $70 to tell me that. We took it to a friend's repair shop and had that fixed. Now less than 10K miles later guess what just happened, yep the same slowing and hard breaking, flashing lights. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I just went to the autoparts store and had the codes read which came up C0131 Antilock Brake System Traction Control Pressure Circuit Malfunction and Low brake fluid. My husband just checked the brake fluid and it was fine but we will be adding more in. I AM SO DISGUSTED WITH GM!! In light of recent failure to recall situations I guess I am not surprised. I have always purchased GM but this will be the last. GM needs to stand up and recall this vehicle and figure out the problem before someone gets killed.

09 VUE ABS Problems update...
    Several months ago I posted that the subject Saturn would apply brakes all by itself...well, for those who may be chasing a similar problem, I've found the answer. After a couple of months of driving with the ABS/Stabilitrack/etc. disabled, I was able to narrow the problem to the front calipers... that's right, the calipers. Turns out that while the rest of the automotive world has figured out disc brakes - stem to stern - GM still hasn't....70K miles and the calipers go bad. I think I'd like my bail-out money back!!!! Good luck to those of you still having this problem.....

• dc_saturnvue08dc_saturnvue08 Member Posts: 3

So is there a solution for these problems. I have the same issue as Izntexas. I have an 08 Saturn Vue Redline. What used to happen was the ABS light would come on and chime would ding when making turns. Now, the car is slowing down like in a low gear and then brakes real hard to push down. What's the issue?

Hi dc_saturnvue08,
    Have you considered taking your Saturn VUE into the dealership for a diagnosis? We recognize this has become frustrating, however the dealership has the technical expertise to isolate this issue and plan for an appropriate fix. If you'd like for us to reach out to them on your behalf, please private message us your VIN, full contact information, mileage and preferred dealership name.

Thank you,
    Amber N.

GM Customer Care

@dc_saturnvue08 said:
    So is there a solution for these problems. I have the same issue as Izntexas. I have an 08 Saturn Vue Redline. What used to happen was the ABS light would come on and chime would ding when making turns. Now, the car is slowing down like in a low gear and then brakes real hard to push down. What's the issue?

• johnd60johnd60 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 Saturn Vue AWD with 67,100 miles. Front end was making a grinding noise. Ended up being the transmission. Ouch!! $3000 later I thought I was out of the woods, then ABS and traction control lights came on. Left/Rear wheel speed sensor was giving me a code. I've replaced them before with only the ABS light to return. So I will be replacing the wheel hub assembly with the new speed sensor. The power steering fluid was also leaking from the line near the exhaust. And motor oil is leaking from crank shaft seal. Not happy with GM products right now. OK I could see if it had 120K or 150K, but not 67K??!! My grandfather used to work for GM and my family has always been loyal to the brand. I have 3 GM vehicles in my driveway right now but I think that will change come spring time. :(