Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord CVT Problems

Comments

• hondamom2013hondamom2013 Member Posts: 2
    I also have a 2013 EX-L V-6 model No Navi. Yes the headlights do come on with remote. You have to select that option in the menu set up for your keyless remote. Using the touch screen menu.
  • hondamom2013hondamom2013 Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like I'm not the only one with an issue. I have a scratch on the backside of the plastic lens that covers my LCD screen. I noticed it on the first sunny day I had my sunroof open. It's only visible when the sun shines through. You can see it in the bottom right corner, but can feel nothing with your finger to determine it to be on the outside. My car had 200 miles on it when I noticed it. Took it to the dealer, no help. They looked at me like I was crazy. He also replied, "Do you know how much work is involved removing that cover?" I replied, "Do you know how much work it's going to take paying for this car?" .....silence. LOL I can live with it, but was pretty disappointed.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    REF: 157
    Your response is classic. I love it!
    At least you got Michelin tires on your high-end model. Honda skimped on tires on the low end models.
    LX get Firestone or Continentals
    EX get Goodyear with some getting lower grade Michelins
    Sport gets high end Michelin
    It's all about the bottom line...

Do you like the car?
  • lucien4lucien4 Member Posts: 68
    I would take it to different dealer and get it fixed. I had similar issue on Acura LCD screen and they fixed it without questioning it. Honda will pay the dealer for the repair so it cost them nothing.

Only thing to watch out for is that they don't scratch something else while 'fixing' it...
  • fair2usfair2us Member Posts: 26
    I brought my 2013 Honda Accord to Orr Honda of Hot Springs to have back up sensors installed in January 2013. I left it at the dealership and Travis called to tell me that the backup installation kit that I was having them install was missing some pieces. Since they had my vehicle, I asked that a technician ride in the vehicle to identify what was causing a small stutter, jerking and hesitation when gently accelerating. I was told that the technician said that this was normal in the new Accords and that I had nothing to worry about. Over time, it seems that the stutter/jerking/hesitation has become more prevalent, so I called Honda’s customer service to complain about the issue. I was asked to take my Accord back to Orr Honda and ride with a Honda technician to see if they experienced what I was feeling. I felt the hesitation while sitting in the passenger seat at one point when the technician was driving, and by his reaction, I was under the impression he was convinced of the Accord’s stutter. When we arrived back at the dealership, the technician told the service manager that he didn’t find anything wrong with the drive. I felt that maybe I was mistaken about the technician’s reaction to the hesitation that we felt on the test drive. But before I left one of the service representatives, Jason, asked that I let them bring the Accord to the service area. After several minutes, Jason gave me a letter that said, DESCRIPTION: AUTO TRANS CONCERN, CUSTOMER STATE THE CAR HAS A SHUDDER ON TAKE OFF FROM 2-25MPH, CORRECTION: TECH 104 TEST DROVE CAR WITH CUSTOMER AND WAS UNABLE TO DUPLICATE PROBLEM. TECH 104 LIFTED CAR AND CHECKED FLUID. FLUID OVER FULL BY HALF A QUART. DRAINED FLUID ACCORDING TO SERVICE BOOK. RAN CODES WITH HDS AND FOUND NO DTC IN SYSTEM. TEST DROVE AND RETURNED CAR TO CUSTOMER. The fluid was filled by Honda to begin with. I have not replaced the fluid since purchase in November 2012. The following day, Friday, February 22nd, I started feeling the same hesitation at around 5 to 20 MPH. I called Honda again. Honda customer service asked me to bring the Accord back to Orr Honda and leave it for a day. I rearranged my week's work schedule to accommodate Honda’s request and brought it to Orr Honda the following Monday morning. Of course the Accord didn’t make a stutter all the way to the dealership. I made the mistake of telling the Orr Honda associate that I had not felt any problems on the way in. And they asked that I not leave it with them, but bring it back the next time I felt the jerking. I am so out done with Honda. As you might imagine, the jerking has occurred many times since then, but I just don’t have time to play with Orr Honda in the hopes that they will be able to diagnose the issue correctly.
  • trusso69trusso69 Member Posts: 68
    i thought the CVT (tranny) was sealed and there was no customer topoff possible. How could YOU have overfilled it without a place to add fluid?
    Have you tried turning ECO off?
    Yes, you're correct, I do have the CVT. Thank you for the website suggestions. My Accord LX was build in 10/12. I called Honda’s customer service to complain about the issue. I was asked to take my Accord back to Orr Honda and ride with a Honda technician to see if they experienced what I was feeling. I felt the hesitation while sitting in the passenger seat at one point when the technician was driving, and by his reaction, I was under the impression he was convinced of the Accord’s stutter. When we arrived back at the dealership, the technician told the service manager that he didn’t find anything wrong with the drive. I felt that maybe I was mistaken about the technician’s reaction to the hesitation that we felt on the test drive. But before I left, one of the service representatives, Jason, asked that I let them bring the Accord to the service area. After several minutes, Jason gave me a letter that said, DESCRIPTION: AUTO TRANS CONCERN, CUSTOMER STATED THE CAR HAS A SHUDDER ON TAKE OFF FROM 2-25MPH, CORRECTION: TECH 104 TEST DROVE CAR WITH CUSTOMER AND WAS UNABLE TO DUPLICATE PROBLEM. TECH 104 LIFTED CAR AND CHECKED FLUID. FLUID OVER FULL BY HALF A QUART. DRAINED FLUID ACCORDING TO SERVICE BOOK. RAN CODES WITH HDS AND FOUND NO DTC IN SYSTEM. TEST DROVE AND RETURNED CAR TO CUSTOMER. The following day, Friday, February 22nd, I started feeling the same hesitation at around 5 to 20 MPH. Honda customer service asked me to bring the Accord back to Orr Honda and leave it for a day. I rearrange my weeks work schedule to accommodate Honda’s request and brought it to Orr Honda the following Monday morning. Of course the Accord didn’t make a stutter all the way to the dealership. I made the mistake of telling the Orr Honda associate that I had not felt any problems on the way in. And they asked that I not leave it with them, but bring it back the next time I felt the jerking. I am so out done with Honda. As you might imagine, the jerking has occurred many times since then, but I just don’t have time to play with Orr Honda in the hopes that they will be able to diagnose the issue correctly.
    The first post showed jerking at low speeds for 4 cyl. Then later on there was the VCM vibration for 6 cyl. So both issues were reported by several.
    I felt the hesitation while sitting in the passenger seat at one point when the Honda technician was driving, and by his reaction, I was under the impression he was convinced of the Accord’s stutter. When we arrived back at the dealership, the technician told the service manager that he didn’t find anything wrong with the drive. I felt that maybe I was mistaken about the technician’s reaction to the hesitation that we felt on the test drive. But before I left one of the service representative, Jason, asked that I let them bring the Accord to the service area. After several minutes, Jason gave me a letter that said, DESCRIPTION: AUTO TRANS CONCERN, CUSTOMER STATED THE CAR HAS A SHUDDER ON TAKE OFF FROM 2-25MPH, CORRECTION: TECH 104 TEST DROVE CAR WITH CUSTOMER AND WAS UNABLE TO DUPLICATE PROBLEM. TECH 104 LIFTED CAR AND CHECKED FLUID. FLUID OVER FULL BY HALF A QUART. DRAINED FLUID ACCORDING TO SERVICE BOOK. RAN CODES WITH HDS AND FOUND NO DTC IN SYSTEM. TEST DROVE AND RETURNED CAR TO CUSTOMER. The following day, Friday, February 22nd, I started feeling the same hesitation at around 5 to 20 MPH. Honda customer service asked me to bring the Accord back to Orr Honda and leave it for a day. I rearrange my week's work schedule to accommodate Honda’s request and brought it to Orr Honda the following Monday morning. Of course the Accord didn’t make a stutter all the way to the dealership. I made the mistake of telling the Orr Honda associate that I had not felt any problems on the way in. And they asked that I not leave it with them, but bring it back the next time I felt the jerking. I am so out done with Honda. As you might imagine, the vibration has occurred many times since then, but I just don’t have time to play with Orr Honda in the hopes that they will be able to diagnose the issue correctly.
  • thomasr1950thomasr1950 Member Posts: 76
    I've got a 2013 Accord EXL v6 w/Navi, so far i have not had any issues. Since you aren't far from NLR, Ar. bring it to Russell Honda in NLR. Ask for Bobby Sweet the Svc. Mgr., he'll take care of you. I've been a customer of their since 1983, he's got good techs, he'll do his best to take care of your issue. If he's not in ask for Keith. I don't know much about Orr Honda, i did buy a Toyota fror Orr Toyota, never had a issue with Orr Toyota. If there's a way to private msg. me let me know. I'll reply.
  • wayne21wayne21 Member Posts: 259
    I went to the honda dealer today just to check out the accords. I thought I'd wait until year 2 of the CVT to avoid first year blues, but thought it worth a trip. Absolutely sharp looking car! I don't know what has happened to the interiors over the past 10 years or so, but my 2000 honda accord LX interior - IMO - is as nice or nicer than the new accord. It's not as new, obviously, but the materials are nicer. (My neighbors 2003 camry interior is nicer than my 2010 toyota, too.) I would disagree with the magazines that state the accord interior is so upscale as I did not find that to be the case at all. The materials may be soft, but when I touched them I found them to be cheap with a cheap mat behind them. Pretty plain, too. I was not impressed. I don't think it's any nicer than the new camry interior.

As for the drive I may have been influenced by some of the posts I read here and been on the lookout for transmission stuttering. I didn't even drive the car 2 miles and I could feel the stuttering/vibration at 5 mph+/- then again at around 25 mph. Would I have felt it had I not read edmunds? I really don't know. But having 3 replacement transmissions in my 2000 4 cyl accord and reading on edmunds that the honda hybirds (up through about 2005 or so) with the CVT had stuttering/vibration issues and now people having the same issues with the accord CVT - I think honda hasn't resolved the CVT issues yet and I have decided to pass. I don't want any more honda transmission issues! I didn't want a camry because of the partial front collision test that it failed so badly, but I think I'll wait to see if toyota fixes that problem in the 2014 crash tests. To those who have the stuttering issues with the CVT, I wish you luck and I also thank you for the heads up on the CVT stuttering. You may have save me many headaches.
  • kkuhnskkuhns Member Posts: 8
    I started this forum back in mid November 2012, a few weeks after I got my 2013 Honda Accord LX with the CVT. I later reported going to the dealer and reproducing the issue. Fortunately for us, our dealer's Honda repair shop has conscientious managers and workers. They worked with me until we could reproduce the problem and capture it in a diagnostic snapshot. They sent that to Honda Engineering, who in turn provided some kind of firmware update to the transmission software on the car. I'm sorry I don't have a particular fix number or something to refer to off hand - if someone wants me to look further, I can go back and check my receipts to see if they provided details. After they applied the software fix, I'm glad to say that the stutter greatly diminished and all but disappeared. It did not continue the way it was before, so I'm saying the fix worked, and I have had no need to go back to the shop for that issue. I won't say it is perfect, as I think I felt a very slight stutter once since then, but I've become hyper-sensitive to it and I'm the only one who would notice anything, of the people who have ridden in my car.

So I suggest asking a good Honda dealer/shop to inquire with Honda engineering for a software update to the Honda Accord LX (4 cyl) CVT that was first issued to me back in December 2012. My dealer is Bob Rohrman Honda in Lafayette IN.

I hope that helps others who are experiencing the same issue. Let me know if you want me to look for more details or call my dealer to see what they would say to ask for.
    It would have to be a TSB. They don't do individualized software updates. If you could get the TSB number, that would be very helpful.

FWIW, there is a major software update for SOME of the high-end models to fix problems with the telematics and audio systems. just came out this week...

Typical first year problems with a complicated new design. honda used to be a simple car; not any more
  • jdspjdsp Member Posts: 1
    3 Week old Accord V-4 w/Navi and when I stopped to pick up some food and started it the whole Audio system buzzed - didn't matter what source was selected - sounds like speakers are shot. When we turned audio off buzzing remained. Only stopped when car was shut-off. Feel this will not be a one time event.
  • quality4usquality4us Member Posts: 11
    This problem has been noted several times in this forum. It is certainly frustrating.

GOOD NEWS. I was contacted yesterday by my dealer who told me that the software fix is now available. I was told it takes about one hour to reload the software and ensure it is working properly.
    edited March 2013
    TSB 13-001
    Affected VINs will be notified. Just came out 3-2-2013
    Seven page pdf file posted on the accord geek site, drive accord dot net
    good info there for Accord owners
  • rodutrodut Member Posts: 343
    Yes, you are right. Lucien said the same thing. I was unaware of CVT jerking. I have a manual. It's a dream to drive, by the way.
  • marcus216marcus216 Member Posts: 78
    Just curious if anyone out there with a 2013 Honda accord with Hondalink has had audio issues. I have had my Honda Accord EXL V6 only a few days and I had an instance of a distortion - buzzing/static sound coming from the audio on any source. Even when I turned the audio off, I could hear the buzzing/static sound. When I turned the car off and re-started, the issue was resolved, as if restarting the engine allows the audio system to reset itself. I am wondering if this is due to the active noise cancellation system? I called m dealer and talked with the service manager and he told me that they have not seen this issue. I found this video on YouTube from a guy who has experienced the same thing. Interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV0Wq23Y9_M
  • bcostinbcostin Member Posts: 2
    I picked up one of only three manual transmission Sport models available in Chicagoland in December. The car is a joy to drive, without the guilt of guzzling gas. I believe Honda will sort out the CVT problems eventually, but the manual transmission car is a much better option right now.
  • msmith16msmith16 Member Posts: 4
    I was all set to buy a 2013 sport but saw this thread the day before I was going to go and now its got me nervous. All the professional reviews of the accord have been overwhelmingly positive with many praising the CVT in particular. I've also posted on several accord youtube videos asking about the jerking issue discussed here and none of the drivers that responded to me said they felt anything of the sort. Could this just be an issue that takes time to develop or have you all noticed it right away. Also, are those of you that wrote in just very picky/observant when it comes to transmissions (i mean this in the nicest way possible lol) or is it obvious when the jerking occurs? I just don't see how there can be so many positive reviews from professionals AND consumers but then a thread like this expressing such an issue. If anyone can write back with any insight on what I should do that would be great.
    REF 173
    TSB 13-001
    Affected VINs will be notified. Just came out 3-2-2013
    Seven page pdf file posted on the accord geek site, drive accord dot net
    good info there for Accord owners!
    I just posted below regarding my dilemma with purchasing a new accord sport with the CVT but after seeing your post I wanted to respond to you directly as well. I am curious as to whether you have more information on the fix that honda gave for the issue. Will they be implementing the software fix on all the new models with the CVT? I really would love to buy the vehicle but as stated below this thread has made me very skeptical.
    95% of the reviews everywhere about the Honda CVT are positive. I understand and relate to your concerns. However, have you driven it on more than a 5 minute test drive? That may help you decide if it is for you. Some guys on the drive accord dot net web site mention turning OFF the "ECO" button to reduce the wimpy response of the car when ECO is used. Of course, wimpy is a relative term and depends on what you are used to...GL
    I appreciate you responding so quickly. I drove it for about 15 minutes and had the eco off. Having seen this thread I actually tired to make it happen and couldnt feel a "stutter". That being said I'm sure that could be a relative term as well. Its understandable that even though I am an attentive driver and into cars, I might not notice/be bothered by something others are. I guess based on the thread I thought the jerking would be pronounced enough to inhibit the driving experience which I didnt find although Im still nervous after a while i will....One more quick question though, do you personally drive with eco on or off. I will most likely keeping it off all the time so if that seems to be a factor in this issue then that would be helpful for me to know. Thanks again!
    edited March 2013
    I am still debating the CVT; I don't own one yet. My response was based on my reading on the other sites. For day-to-day driving, many guys have it OFF. For long highway cruising, many leave it ON. If you drive like a grandpa, then leaving it ON would be fine. On my two test drives, it was ON and i didn't feel any shuttering. Remember, also, there is the powertrain warranty if this turns out to be a major technical issue. BTW, I have not heard of any TSB related to CVT. There is one for telematics and audio issues on high end models, TSB 13-001. GL.
    Okay thanks! My wife is gonna drive it for the most part and shes too oblivious to ever notice any sort of stuttering there would be I was more interested for when i had to drive it lol but yes neither of us drive like grandparents so i assume eco will always be off. I think I'm going to go for it. I'll let you know what we think!
  • marcus216marcus216 Member Posts: 78
    Thanks so much for the link to the TSB. I would assume I will be notified shortly and that this fix solves the problem.
  • jocollijocolli Member Posts: 12
    I commute 70 miles each day in a 2013 LX. It has manual seat adjustments. I'm 6'-00" and 200 pounds. I noticed that I kept developing soreness on the bottom of my left thigh. I pressed down under my leg and can feel a hard spot where the lever from the height adjuster enters the seat. It appears there is inadequate padding in this area. I have not driven or sat in a power seat. Is this hard lump in those seats too? If not, I suggest Honda add some more padding. Has anyone else noticed this in their cars?
  • angela29angela29 Member Posts: 1
    I appreciate the posts. I am having problems with my 2009 Honda Accord V-6, I too had the hesitation etc....but my problem is with oil consumption. Currently there is a class action law suit in process over this. I cannot help but wonder if the hesitation and oil consumption go hand in hand. After many problems with a dealership in Brooklyn Park, MN the same family owned dealership addressed the problem. The fix was to be to replace the short block, this was done but I am still having oil consumption problems. I was going to trade it in and try for another Honda, I test drove the 2013 and liked it, however I am starting to think that the problems with the 2009 were never maybe fixed. For those experiencing the hesitation, I would also suggest you monitor the oil consumption as well. I will be going to the auto show here in Minneapolis this weekend, thinking I should look for another car. Very frustrating! I should not even have to look! The dealer is starting all over with the consumption tests but I am not going to hold my breath that the problem will be fixed!
    edited March 2013
    Only V6 owners are complaining about oil consumption (on other websites). Not the 4 cylinder owners. The VCM on V6 engines disables 3 cylinders (sometimes), so those cylinders run colder than the normal operating temperature (especially on highways, when the VCM keeps those cylinders disabled for extended periods of time). So obviously the colder cylinders wear out faster (this is common knowledge). On a worn out cylinder, the oil leaks into the combustion chamber, gets burned, and thrown out through the exhaust. One single worn out cylinder may cause impressive oil consumption (and pollution too). We are killing this planet.

My 1994, 2001, and 2012 Accords, all 4 cylinders, never burned oil. My 2001 was 12 years old when I traded it, two months ago. I never had to add oil between oil changes.

Buy a 4 cylinder. It's a dream car.
  • rossm1rossm1 Member Posts: 14
    I think Honda would be smart enough to change the cylinders that work every cycle

I have v6 2002, I wonder if anybody trade it in for new model and has some comparison

Thanks
  • blk_acrd_sprtblk_acrd_sprt Member Posts: 6
    I have the same car and it does the same thing every time I come to a complete stop. It sucks, so I try to put it on N if I need to make a complete stop or slow down quickly.
  • blk_acrd_sprtblk_acrd_sprt Member Posts: 6
    Regarding (2) issue on your post, I have Samsung Galaxy Nexus (pretty late Android model) and I have Pandora problems via Bluetooth:

1. Just like you've described, my phone and/or Honda iMID would not sync with each other.

2. When I turn off my car, sometimes Pandora app would be still running on my phone instead of turned off once the Bluetooth is disconnected.

3. Lastly, I can never seem to sync my phone directory to iMID

But other than these, I love the car.
    I have only dealt with the Russell Honda team over the phone, and I have to say, my initial impression of them is a good one. I may have to give Russell Honda a try before it's all said and done, and I will post what transpires. I would like to give Orr Honda another try, though. Now don't get me wrong from what I wrote about my experiences so far with Orr Honda, I do like the crew that I have met there. Let’s face it, my frustration stems from Honda (the manufacturer) and this 2013 Accord LX's on and off again issue with the acceleration hesitation. It’s just sad. I also have a 1997 Accord EX and I absolutely love it. So the issues that I am experiencing with the 2013 are heartbreaking. Do you know what I mean? I hate the fact that I have found something wrong with this vehicle.
    I am happy that the manual owners seem not to have issues. As a repeat Honda owner, that makes me feel good about Honda's Accord lineup for 2013. No one wants to buy a brand new car and have some of the things that I have been reading happen to them.
    kkuhns, thank you for starting this thread, by the way. You have been a big help to all of us. I just hope my dealer's Honda repair shop will be as diligent and conscientious as your dealer was.
    Hey, trusso69, I don't know. Good question, but at least the dealership didn't just send me home without at least looking at something on the car like they did to me recently. I did check the ECO button after reading a post from a while back. Mine was turned off.
  • hondachrishondachris Member Posts: 1
    If you press the econ button with the A/C at coldest temp/highest fan speed. You can definitely tell a difference in the A/C. Also, from a dead stop a hard acceleration will be quite a bit different in econ mode.
  • 532532 Member Posts: 6
    Guys,

Any updates on CVT issues?

I'm about to buy EX CVT !!!! Should I NOT ?????
  • kkuhnskkuhns Member Posts: 8
    Yes, thanks for posting that. You mentioned before that there should be a TSB number, but I looked at my dealer receipt and they didn't include the TSB info anywhere. I never got around to calling them to ask for details.

I'm happy to report that the fix they applied (presumably this TSB you referenced) on my 2013 Accord LX has worked and I have not noticed the stuttering any more. So I think it is safe to proceed with purchases on this car.

And FWIW, I am happy with the MPG too. My overall MPG, from November 2012 through today, is 30 MPG, which is pretty good for winter driving. In good weather, I regularly get 36 MPG on the highway driving 70-75 MPH.
  • van123van123 Member Posts: 14
    I have 5052 miles on my EX and I have not noticed any issues with the CVT. I would not hesitate to purchase this car. Enjoy your Accord, I know I love mine.
  • 532532 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks guys.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Buy the 6MT you won't have any problems. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    Problem #2 is not a problem, It is how Pandora works. Everyone has to turn off Pandora on their cell. Just cutting the Bluetooth off does not kill off the app.

I am specifically talking about Samsung Galaxy Android phones.
  • choppedntubbedchoppedntubbed Member Posts: 39
    Agreed. It is not a problem, whatsoever. You simply have to turn the app off on your phone, just like you would any other app. You simply hit "Quit" and you are good to go.

And, when you turn the car on, it loads and synchs up seamlessly. Very happy with it's performance, and I now have no use whatsoever for Sirius/XM, which I have been listening to for the past 8 years.

Also, the aha app synchs up seamlessly, as well, by adding the Honda Link app to your phone. Great song categories, news stations, podcasts, etc.

My phone is the Android Motorola Razr Maxx. :)
  • choppedntubbedchoppedntubbed Member Posts: 39
    I have the I4 EX 6MT coupe. Honda has the absolutely most amazing standard transmission....the clutch shifter combo is silky smooth and extremely fun to drive......yes,,,,,even, in traffic!!! :D
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,507
    I'm confused here. why would the cylinders that were shut down wear out faster? How would that happen?

the pistons are still going up and down. The only thing not happening is combustion.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• trainingwheelstrainingwheels Member Posts: 7
    Below are the issues I’ve experienced in my EX-L V6 No Nav sedan, in the 1000 miles driven to date. Any comments or suggestions for me?

1. At about 1700 RPM, the car hesitates or stutters. This happens at various speeds, both when accelerating and when de-accelerating. This happens whether or not the “Eco” button is engaged. This happens frequently because the car keeps going in and out of the RPM range during much of my driving on level surface streets.

2. The transmission has a noticeable vibration at roughly 1500-2000 rpms in most gears. The problem is inconsistent but observable on almost every vehicle trip I have taken.

3. Screechy Audio: The audio sound quality on occasion will be extremely poor, screechy and so distorted that speech cannot be understood. Changing channels within the same source, changing between sources (XM, FM, AM, CD), or turning audio off and back on does not fix the problem. Only shutting down the engine entirely and restarting it will cause normal audio sound quality to resume. The dealer told me it was an iPhone problem, but I do not have an iPhone, and this has happened even when a cell phone is not in the car at all. I have an Android but don’t always have it with me and seldom use Bluetooth.

4. Silent Audio: On several occasions (January 24, January 31, February 3), the audio is completely silent. This is in the same locations where the audio has functioned fine, so does not appear to be a “dead spot” issue. Changing channels, changing the source, or turning audio off and back on does not correct the issue. Only shutting off the engine completely and restarting it causes normal audio to resume.

5. When my Android phone is synched with the car via Bluetooth, there is no audio from the Google Navigation on my phone, even if I have not made or received any phone calls. The Google Navigation is still engaged; I just cannot hear the audio directions. This is a problem if I am driving alone because I want to hear the audio from Google Navigation when I am not using the phone, the same way I can hear the radio when I am not using the phone. It means that if I want Navigation audio (in order to get to my destination without having to pull over and look at the map), I have to disable Bluetooth and cannot use my phone through my car.

6. On Sirius/XM, on some of the channels (including channels 74, 75, 76) the display will not scroll to show the full information.

7. There is a noticeable smear on the LCD, which sits behind a clear plastic lens and cannot be cleaned.

8. Steering wheel on left side, where left hand rests, has irregular stitching.
    edited March 2013
    Stickguy, yes, all the pistons keep going up and down at all times. But when VCM is enabled on V6 engines, in 3 cylinders there is fire (explosions, combustion, whatever you call it), and in the 3 disabled cylinders there is no fire. It's a relatively safe assumption that steel subject to fire heats way more than steel subject to nothing. The colder cylinders (disabled) will wear faster, because any engine is designed to work hot, not relatively-hot. The cylinder tolerances are optimized for the normal operating temperature, which is hot. At colder than that you get extra friction, which means wear. For instance the highest wear on an engine is at cold starts. This is common knowledge.

Choppedntubbed, I agree the manual transmission is a dream to drive. It beats me why they raised it to 6 speed (the 6th speed of the 6 speed gear box is exactly the same ratio as the former 5th speed of the 5 speed older gear box). Probably the marketing guys wanted to show off. Useless switching. 99.9% of us never go to racing, so the race style close ratios are useless.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,507
    that is not going to make the cylinder wear out quicker. Valves will get less wear too!.

Besides, the primary reason the engine needs to be hot is for combustion efficiency, and in the VCM cylinders, no combustion so no issues.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.