Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Pilot

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
edited March 2014 in Honda
Discuss the new upcoming Pilot, here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    there is not much news trickling out yet other than this from Autoblog.com.

In other portfolio news, the aging Pilot three-row crossover will receive a new 3.5-liter Earth Dreams V6 when the model is redesigned for 2014. Power is expected to be on the order of 310 horsepower and 265 pound-feet of torque, and a CVT is also part of the program, but only on front-drive models.

I'm thankful only the FWD is getting the CVT. Now to see if the 4WD will get an off-road package similar to the '06 models short lived package.

Odie
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    All new Honda models will be getting the Earth Dreams engine.

Will this new model debut in fall of 2013 or 2014? Thanks.
  • edgetaedgeta Member Posts: 32
    What is the "Earth Dreams" engine?
    Hopefully they are designing the dash layout
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited January 2014

The 2014 Honda Pilot starts at $30,500, including an $830 destination charge, reflecting a $150 price increase over the 2013 model."

2014 Honda Pilot Starts at $30,500

• lrxlrx Member Posts: 1

I'm assuming the 2015 Pilot will be on the same platform as the new Acura MDX? Does anyone have information as to when it will be available at dealers?

• blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045

The redesigned 2015 Pilot should arrive at dealers in September,2014. I hope Honda will show it to us before then.

• jimm70jimm70 Member Posts: 3

Be careful buying '14. Some have aVCM problem.

• odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    edited February 2014

I was told today that the '15 will be fully redesigned to go with the brand new '15 Ridgeline. The sales person informed me the biggest thing is they are going after the Toyota 4Runner in capabilities. Also said the 3rd row may drop to being only an option similar to the 4Runner to expand the availability of the model.

Odie

• emma27emma27 Member Posts: 15

Any news? A dealer told me it won't be redesigned for 2015.

• duane27duane27 Member Posts: 1

Really want to know if 2015 is major redesign. Was planning to buy a 2014 but will wait for 2015 if major redesign. Surely somebody knows.

I looked around the other day and couldn't find anything "definite". The sites that say a redesign is coming aren't mainstream ones.

My guess is that Honda won't redesign it, since they did a refresh in 2012, not to mention sales are going strong for the current generation. But I've guessed wrong before. :'(

• vrmvrm Member Posts: 310

@Stever@Edmunds said:
    My guess is that Honda won't redesign it, since they did a refresh in 2012, not to mention sales are going strong for the current generation. But I've guessed wrong before. :'(

Stever,
    Pilot sales are not "strong". In Honda's monthly sales statistics, there is no mention of the Pilot. This is an indicator that sales are down by double digits.

Please start a thread for the 2015 Pilot so all the rumors and spy sightings can be posted.

@vrm, hm, sales are sliding. Maybe the current generation is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Here you go:

2015 Honda Pilot

• grandprix23232grandprix23232 Member Posts: 4
    Please let me know the pricing if anyone bought a pilot in nj recently. .
    Thanks in advance