Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Acura TLX

2»

Comments

• billyperksiibillyperksii Posts: 198
    Newcarman, I would serously advise you to stay away from Curry- I am amazed they are still in business.
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,524
    Yeah....if you send me the email to the sales person, I have no issues "pinging" her on the alleged all new TLX coming out THIS YEAR!

My guess is, it's almost false advertising to get you into their showroom for a look-see, where they can engage you to buy......something....anything! They're doing it under the guise of "we have a totally new, redesigned TL(X).....come see it."

Newcarman....as you can probably tell, we keep a pretty close watch on Acura, and particularly the evolution of the TL.

If I get a response from your sales person, I'll post it here.
  • billyperksiibillyperksii Posts: 198
    Graph- dont hold your breath, I grew up on the Westchester border and I know that dealership very well.
    Billy...kind of surprises me that Acura has a dealership that employs these types of tactics. I know around me, the Acura dealers compete with the BMW, Lexus, Mercedes dealers and conduct their business in a much more professional manner.

Anyway, I'm pretty tight with the dealer I bought my former TL from. They usually have a private party when a new model rolls out. They just had one about a month ago for both the RL and the MDX. I would imagine I'll get an invite for the '15 TL when it arrives. I'm guessing 12 months from now.
  • enbeuu1enbeuu1 Posts: 3
    I thought the same; the EL-X honda is not compression at 10:1, thus regular fuel; the TL is 11.5:1 thus premium fuel.
    I was wondering why the EL coupe didn't have the pep that the TL had; that would explain it.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,332
    edited August 2013
    "LOS ANGELES -- Spy photos show that Acura plans big changes for its top-selling TL sedan when it is redesigned and renamed next summer.

The TLX sedan will replace the TL, which is based on the pre-2013 Honda Accord platform. The TLX will share the redesigned 2013 Accord's underpinnings.

Because the new Accord has a shorter length and wheelbase, the TLX will be smaller as well. It will slot in between the current TL and TSX compact sedans.

The heavily camouflaged car photographed during recent hot-weather testing shows a long, sweeping roofline reaching a stubby but more-defined trunk lid than the slippery one on the TL. The nose of the car still comes to Acura's trademark point, although the "beak" grille appears to have been mellowed somewhat.

The aged TSX is based on the outgoing Europe-market Accord, which will not be redesigned because the new Accord platform will be used in all markets. That likely will spell the end of the TSX in the lineup, leaving Acura with the compact ILX, mid-sized TLX and flagship RLX sedans.

The big change under the hood will be the use of Honda's Earth Dreams 3.5-liter V-6, which makes 310 hp when installed in the RLX. The current TL has a choice of a 280-hp 3.5-liter V-6 or a 305-hp 3.7-liter V-6 when paired with all-wheel drive.

The redesigned TLX should also be available with awd, as well as the optional Precision All-Wheel Steering system that debuted with the RLX sedan."

From the article, the TLX could be a significant improvement over the current generation TL. The last generation TL hasn't sold in nearly the numbers as earlier generations, especially the '99-'03 and the '04-'08. These were much more competitive, and represented excellent value than the '09-'13 model years.

The '99-'08 TLs, while maybe not outstanding in any particular area, competed much better with their Audi, BMW and Mercedes counterparts than the latest ones, especially when price was factored into the comparison.

I wouldn't argue that the newer TLs aren't good cars, just that the earlier ones were less bland and generic, and had more of a "gotta-have-it" factor.
  • I have been ready for a new TL for several years now (I own a 2002 CL) but have been waiting for a style that grabbed me (the smiley face grill really turns me off). Hopefully the new TLX will be the the one, but the spy photos look make it look very similar to the current one so I am only cautiously optimistic. For everyone debating WHEN it will come out, all the articles I have read point to summer 2014.
  • gvbgvb Posts: 40
    You think there's a chance they will offer a 6 speed manual as an option? Or are the days of the manual clutch dead?
  • I went to Curry Acura over the weekend. My current lease of 2010 TSX was 322 with just taxes and 1st month upfront. I was given a offer for a 2013 TL Special Edition for 389/month with taxes and 1st month upfront.

My lease ends November 8th. I was told a TLX will be release between Spring and Summer of 2014. I am contemplating of extending my lease until then unless theres a superb offer for 2014 TL or go else where for a Honda Accord.

Decisions Decisions.
    Went to go look at a used TL (2000) at my local dealer. Although I missed out on the used one, I did talk to them about the new one. They're reporting the same thing on the '15s. The '14 will have a short run (already hitting the dealers' lots) until next Spring/Summer. They, they'll bring out the new ones.

All I've seen are some very camo'd pics of the new TL. Can't really tell what they look like.

But, I'm betting it will be a smaller version of the new RLX, as that's the look of all their new cars (including the just released MDX).

We'll see....but true to Acura fashion, you want see the real deal until the new one is actually released.

The 2015 TLX was revealed today at the Detroit International Auto Show. It'll be available with a choice of 2.4 I-4 or 3.5 V6. Judging from the photos, styling looks evolutionary, to me.

I think they did a great job with the redesign. Frustrating no photos of the interior yet. Assuming this generation is as beautiful on the inside as all past generations of the TL, there's no doubt this will be my next car. Still hoping they will come out with more news, including a 6sp manual transmission as well to go with the V6 AWD.

edited January 16

I just read there will be no manual transmission option!? I'm aware of the advances in tranmissions that can now change gears in miliseconds, but where's the fun in that when you're driving through the country and windy mountain roads? For those that want a 'track' car that can shift/accelerate as fast as technologically possible, then get the auto. For those that want the pleasure of working their vehicle over a mountain road, a manual is the only way to go. Not the perfect blend of technology and true driving experience IMHO....Here's hoping they offer a manual in the '16 - '17 model..

• So where is this car? Promised by the dealer that some version of the car would be in the showroom August 2 or 3, it is still unavailable and the dealers in my area say they are "not sure" when it will arrive. Is there a problem with the car? Were they recalled to the factory?

Should be in dealerships across the country now. I test drove one last weekend. Great ride but didn't get the "emotional" experience they spoke of when they first described it at the Detroit auto show...

Moderator: The title of this discussion should be changed to 2015 Acura TLX, since this is the first year for this model. Or, even better, just TLX, so it'll also apply to subsequent model years.

2»