Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Buick Encore Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
edited May 2015 in Buick
Shopping for a new Encore? Tell us about it!

If you have leasing questions for the current model, please visit the 2015 Buick Encore Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on the 2015 Buick Encore page.

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• bigliljenbigliljen Member Posts: 28
    Was just at dealership and Encores have just arrived. Took a test drive and I was very pleased. They just received bank residuals and I was quoted upcoming deal:

24 month 10,000 miles
    2 yr free maintenance
    2 yr free XM
    2 yr free On Star
    1.5% MF with 67% residual

Haven't done an actual sit down yet...but when I do, I will update.

Happy shopping everyone!
  • neilmanneilman Member Posts: 42
    Vehicle road tested wonderful during the dealer visit, but has been a huge disappointment after taking it home. We already exchanged the vehicle (so we're on our second one) and really appreciate the dealership's cooperation with doing their best to make the situation right for us. Both vehicles have the same problem, in fact the 2nd one is worse and I wish I had kept the 1st one.

While entering and exiting our driveway (with the steering turned left or right) which has a normal drainage dip (water canal) between the road and driveway elevation, there are thumping noises coming from the suspension. Of course as is typical...the problem could not be duplicated at the dealership.

I have driven many many cars on my driveway and never heard this type of noise from any other car. I owned 4 GM cars over a 20 year period through 2009, and finally gave up due to the consistent need to pour money into repairs after about 4 - 5 years of ownership.

I thought things may have improved and gave it another shot, but I guess I was dead wrong. I feel terribly let down and like I made a huge mistake. The classic definition of 'insanity' is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I must be insane for falling for the same mistake over and over.

Pros:
    Luxury ride (except for the cheap thumping noted above) and features, great technology, peppy engine (I drive a 382 hp MB E550), memory seat, rain sensing wipers, beautiful design which my 18 yr old daughter loves (car is for her), great fuel economy, nice Bose sound system.

Cons:
    Cheap thumping noises which feel like the wheels could fly off in an emergency manueuver, engine a bit loud while accelerating with a constant droning noise - but acceptable. This next one may or may not be a bad thing...as I have never previously owned a car made in Korea...but it is assembled in Korea and I wonder if that contributes to the quality problems I am experiencing. I did not know it was made in Korea...and may not have purchased it if I did. The dealership did not seem to know either...as during the negotiations I was told the vehicles were coming from Europe. I did not realize until after the purchase the window sticker shows where the car is made.

I am posting this as I want others to be aware of my experience before making a decision to purchase this vehicle (which is not cheap).
  • nrichardsnrichards Member Posts: 1
    I have shared your comments with our engineers and they are interested in more details. Would you be willing to email me last 8 of your VIN and the dealership from whom you purchased the vehicle?

Nick Richards
    Buick Communications Manager
    [email protected]
    Update:

I am working with GM and the dealer for them to inspect the vehicle next week.

After further testing and observation the drone I described initially is more of a transmission whine. The noise starts when shifting to 'D', and increases or decreases with the level of acceleration. I'm equally concerned about this issue as I am about the popping / thumping noise from the suspension / steering.

A heck of a lot of time has been spent on this process, which has totally sucked the pleasure out of the car buying experience. Of the 10 cars I have purchased (including other GM vehicles) this one is definitely the worst.

During a 9 day period from the time we first road tested the vehicle to the time we returned the original one and got a replacement we made a total of 7 visits to the dealer.

I do appreciate the steps GM and the dealer are taking to assist. We'll see where it all ends up.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Any news, neilman? Let us know if we can check into this further for you! We can be reached at [email protected] (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
    Today is the 4th day the vehicle has been with the dealer. Looks like it will be another 3 to 4 days before we (maybe) find out what is going on. They suspect the popping noise may be coming from the engine cradle.
    Sorry for the delay in providing an update. Luckily we were able to return the vehicle and get our money back. GM and the dealer were very accommodating and cooperative throughout the process. I would say it was the best service I have experienced from all dealers of various brands I have done business with over many years. They actually put MB, Acura, Lexus to shame.

Too bad...my kids really loved the Encore. Maybe down the road when the bugs have been worked out and the cars are made in the US we'll give it another try.
    Hello everyone:

Picked up Premium Encore FWD (automatic) on 6/14/13 from dealer. I did notice when test driving, a slight vibration or "whine" coming from the rear or under the vehicle. I was told it hadn't been prepped yet, and was recently delivered. I went ahead with the lease, and the dealer stated after prepping they test drove it & couldn't hear the sound anymore. I decided to drive the vehicle a couple weeks, thinking it may get better. Unfortunately, I keep hearing it...sounds like its coming from the right rear passenger side, when accelerating from first to second gear, under 30 mph, then abruptly goes away but then sometimes can be heard again in the higher gears. I have contacted the dealership, waiting to hear back about a service date. I adore the vehicle, and everything else has been great. Will post an update.
    UPDATE on Noise Issue/Resolved: the BOSE speaker in the passenger rear door panel needed replaced. No noise or other issues, both Buick customer service & dealership were great.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello bigliljen,

I am happy to hear that you were helped through this process. Glad everything is back to proper working order!

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    Thanks so much Amber. Both the dealership & Buick CS have been more than accomodating and professional. I down graded from a larger Cadillac SRX and am extremely happy with the vehicle in every way.

Regards
  • normskynormsky Member Posts: 6
    I don't think you can find a more efficient AWD, gasoline engine car or truck. Very rooming for long trips and handles and brakes with assurance. I put almost 3,000 miles on in two weeks and have become really impressed with the purchase.
  • clyde22clyde22 Member Posts: 4

For a 36 month / 12k mile lease on a Buick Encore FWD Leather what is the residual and money factor for April?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725

@clyde22 said:
    For a 36 month / 12k mile lease on a Buick Encore FWD Leather what is the residual and money factor for April?

1.75% APR and 53% residual. $900 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102

@bigliljen said:
    Thanks so much Amber. Both the dealership & Buick CS have been more than accomodating and professional. I down graded from a larger Cadillac SRX and am extremely happy with the vehicle in every way.

Regards

I have been considering downgrading from my SRX also, but was waiting for the new mid-size Buick Envision/Anthem that is supposed to come out this fall. Do you have any problems considering the smallness of the Encore and the small engine? These two things would make me ponder for some time before making this switch. Any feedback would be appreciated.

2015 Buick Encore Leather Edition
    2014 Buick Enclave Premium Edition
  • ltsatxltsatx Member Posts: 5

Hi - Can I get the MF and RV for a 2014 Encore AWD/FWD Leather or premium in Texas? 10K / 12K miles/36 months. or 24 months. Thanks!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,555

@ltsatx said:
    Hi - Can I get the MF and RV for a 2014 Encore AWD/FWD Leather or premium in Texas? 10K / 12K miles/36 months. or 24 months. Thanks!

36/12 - 1.75% and 53%. Add 1% for 10K. $900 lease cash.

No help on 24 month leases - standard MF and residual, plus no lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• patrice_duffypatrice_duffy Member Posts: 8
    Hi, for those of you who have bought/leased an Encore: can I pick your brain? I have test drove several crossovers, and I think I'm going to have a hard time choosing. I am traditionally a "small car" person but for various reasons need a safer car that can handles snow (I live in the Northeast. ) I really liked the Encore, alhtough I wish it had more pickup.
    My question is thus: Besides the Encore, I have test-driven the Escape, RAV 4,and Jeep Cherokee. Did you, Encore Owner, test drive some of these cars, and if so, what made you choose the Encore? Any regrets?
    Thanks!
  • patrice_duffypatrice_duffy Member Posts: 8
    Thanks bwia. I decided this morning to go ahead and pursue the Encore premium. I live in Boston too, so perhaps our two Encores will pass on the crazy, cramped streets of Beantown.
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    I am interested in the Encore as well. I wish it got better gas mileage though. How is real life fuel economy?
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • needanewcar9needanewcar9 Member Posts: 14
    Hi. Can you please let me know the MF and RV for both a 2014 and 2015 Buick Encore 1.4T FWD Premium. 36mo/12k. Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,555

Hi. Can you please let me know the MF and RV for both a 2014 and 2015 Buick Encore 1.4T FWD Premium. 36mo/12k. Thanks!

2015 - 2.10% and 52%

2014 - 1.73% and 53%. $1200 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I picked up a leftover '14 last week, those rebates were amazing. Mine is Convience trim with sunroof but no nav. I am really enjoying driving this vehicle so far. It's a breeze to park and handles really well. It's also a great for dogs. This is my first time buying a new GM vehicle. Pairing our phones was a breeze and the Intellilink interface is quite easy to use. Two little gripes: I'm surprised that it doesn't have a lift gate release on the key fob. It's not as easy to check fuel economy as on my Honda. Overall I'm really happy with it. Still learning all the bells and whistles.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • 20992099 Member Posts: 63
    Only about 1000 miles on Encore leased in December...my wife loves it...only "problem" is lots of tech stuff to learn.. blind spot warning and rear cross traffic alerts are wonderful .Bose stereo is great...love the heated steering wheel too...especially with temps we have had in northern Ohio. Two things I don't like but neither is major...should have ability to open garage door and no armrest on left side of front passenger seat..(we got the top of the line model too!!)
    I took my new baby Buick Encore out for its first highway drive to run some errands in the city. The more I drive this cute ute the more I love it. Reviews say it's underpowered but I had no problem getting up to speed and passing on either 2 lanes or freeway. It's a great size. Two people can easily feel comfortable in the front seats. The seats are very supportive. I like an upright seat and I like the extra height of a SUV. Visibility is great all around. Got 30 mpg on the trip, which included many errands in stop-go traffic. The car also made it over the many potholes and leftover slush with ease. Very smooth riding and great handling, surprising to me in an SUV.

One of its best features is maneuvering in and out of tight parking spots. Trader Joes in any city is often a nightmare. A breeze with this vehicle. Rear cross traffic alert is a great feature as well as the backup camera. Although small, the area behind the seats easily held all my bags of groceries plus a small-to-medium size cooler.

I'm also pleased that the back seats are perfect for the dogs. My Lab mix can easily jump in, and it's also a breeze to help my old Brittany in. The way the back seat headrests fold over, you can anchor a dog cover under them to protect the back seats. My Lab had a tendency to pull the top half of the cover down but it stays more secure in this car.

This vehicle is Convenience trim with added sunroof and the carbon black exterior color. I am delighted to have a sunroof!

So far just the perfect second vehicle for us. Our kids are grown so we rarely use the back seats, and we have the larger Accord when we do carry people or go on distance trips. Up to now I have been used to a second vehicle as the plodding workhorse, but no more!
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102
    suydam said:

I took my new baby Buick Encore out for its first highway drive to run some errands in the city. The more I drive this cute ute the more I love it. Reviews say it's underpowered but I had no problem getting up to speed and passing on either 2 lanes or freeway. It's a great size. Two people can easily feel comfortable in the front seats. The seats are very supportive. I like an upright seat and I like the extra height of a SUV. Visibility is great all around. Got 30 mpg on the trip, which included many errands in stop-go traffic. The car also made it over the many potholes and leftover slush with ease. Very smooth riding and great handling, surprising to me in an SUV.

One of its best features is maneuvering in and out of tight parking spots. Trader Joes in any city is often a nightmare. A breeze with this vehicle. Rear cross traffic alert is a great feature as well as the backup camera. Although small, the area behind the seats easily held all my bags of groceries plus a small-to-medium size cooler.

I'm also pleased that the back seats are perfect for the dogs. My Lab mix can easily jump in, and it's also a breeze to help my old Brittany in. The way the back seat headrests fold over, you can anchor a dog cover under them to protect the back seats. My Lab had a tendency to pull the top half of the cover down but it stays more secure in this car.

This vehicle is Convenience trim with added sunroof and the carbon black exterior color. I am delighted to have a sunroof!

So far just the perfect second vehicle for us. Our kids are grown so we rarely use the back seats, and we have the larger Accord when we do carry people or go on distance trips. Up to now I have been used to a second vehicle as the plodding workhorse, but no more!

We got our 2015 Encore in February. The more I drive it, the better I like it. The only complaints are the lack of a left seat armrest, no homelink transmitter and no power tailgate. A aftermarket supplier from Italy makes an armrest that will fit (it's made for the Opel Mokka), but it needs to be permanently mounted. Since I have this car on a 24 month lease, I'm not sure Buick will look kindly at me if I install one. Here's the web-site if anyone is interested:
    http://www.woodcompany.com/shop_ec_eng.htm#!/Armrest-with-storage-for-Opel-Mokka/p/24613138/category=5742262

Speaking of the 24 month lease, has anyone else who got one of these leases had a problem getting the 24 months of XM Radio and On-Star? I've been pressing the dealer for this. He says I have it coming, but isn't sure how to get it.
    2015 Buick Encore Leather Edition
    2014 Buick Enclave Premium Edition
    I think an armrest would cut into interior space. Agree about the power liftgate. I'd like push button start too. Homelink not a big deal for me because my garage transmitter is very small. On the other hand, I am quickly becoming a huge fan of the rear cross traffic alert sensor. It's really helpful backing out when you can't yet see to the sides behind you. That and the backup cam are wonderful.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,948
    Nice vehicles but just wonder if the new Chevy Trax will pull sales away from the Buick model? Looks are similar and am sure some will prefer one over the other but interior wise, think the Buick wins here. Am guessing the Trax interior will be very similar to it's other stablemates like the Captiva and Equonix which isn't such a good thing...Buick just seems to do their interiors a couple of notches better. But obviously the premium price has to be used somewhere and guessing a big % of that is done in the upscale interior. Nice vehicles and fit in nicely with the other CUV's out there! Enjoyed my Tucson for the year that I owned it but overall, it was just too big for my needs and downsizing to a smaller vehicle with better mpg's was logical in my driving situation.

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

I saw a Tucson recently. It looked nice! But bigger I think than the Encore. Encore gets good FE. I'm getting 27-8 in town and over 30 highway which is an improvement over my previous Vibe. I think the buyer for the Trax is different than the buyer for the Encore. I think they are both selling pretty well. Buick had to increase production of the Encore. April sales may be about gaining market share too.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,948
    Yes, the Tucson is a bit bigger, thus my major issue with it. It drove flawlessly and the 2.4 engine had plenty of power up the power band but always driving an economy vehicle finally got to me and I wanted to sit higher up for once. It came down to the Encore, Outlander Sport and the Tucson and I think the combo of looking at different vehicles for over 6 weeks, Hyundai loyalty rebate and closeness of dealer made me pull the trigger. I do remember thinking I should've pulled back and waited another few days the whole night before purchasing but finally just caved. Obviously, not a good way to purchase anything but lesson learned...have not had one moment of regret since decision was made to trade for my new Golf! Again, lesson learned!

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

When we bought the Buick Encore I didn't think it would have as much cargo capacity as the Pontiac Vibe it replaced but it continues to surprise me. This morning it easily held 6 bags of mulch in the back hatch and 2 dogs in the back seat. It's also getting better mileage than advertised. I'm routinely getting 27-28 mpg around town. Pretty versatile ute in a small package.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere