Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Current State of the US Auto Market

Comments

• uplanderguyuplanderguy Kent, OHPosts: 7,494
    edited October 2013
    I don't let CR influence my purchase decisions, but many who have posted here are influenced by CR. I think it only is logical to post when CR strongly dislikes foreign iron, or strongly likes American iron, when that is contrary to what has been typical for a long time.
  • circlewcirclew Posts: 8,387
    I'm guessing CR ratings didn't affect 2013 Malibu sales what-so-ever. Let me know your thoughts.

What's going on?

edited October 2013
    Frankly my dear, I don't give a d***.

Are you wondering from the same chart, what's going on at Toyota?

My guess is that your answer to that question is the same as mine. ;)

I'm a big believer in keeping things written as fact, factual, since we all know, once something's in print, it's fact forever. ;)

Back to the original post--at CR, there is a difference between not "Recommended", and "Not Recommended".
    What does Ford know that Toyota doesn't?

What the heck are you responding to? Two charts at once? Did you see the Camry sales?

I'm guessing your red-eyed regarding the Malibu numbers!;)
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,252
    I can't see your Malibu chart fwiw.

The Ford/Toyota numbers are interesting - I think people like the handing on the C-Max and the rest better than the Toyotas.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

edited October 2013
    I'm looking at your first chart. I replied prior to your posting the second chart. Time to get out of the city and try some Visine. It looks like only Ford and Chrysler were up for September.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,370
    > I think people like the handing on the C-Max

I'm going to have check the C-Max with a test drive some day. The sales tried to make me look at the C-Max instead of the Fusion I was stopping in to see. They must have had a salesman double bonus day if they sold a C-Max. LOL
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 22,050
    I didn't see the Dodge Charger hybrid on that list...
    Probably so; lost the link but heard about a deal earlier this month or last where Toyota gave a $250 bonus to anyone selling a Prius. Looks like it didn't move many cars though.

Can you see this?

Saw that. Impressive but so is the Z/28 Camaro.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,175
    The Camaro is fugly IMO. And the Fisher price interior doesn't justify the pricetag.

The Chally has always been my favorite of the "Retro" phase.

Just my .02 ;)
    Let me know when you are in Central NJ. I'd like to take you to dinner.
    Oh, I agree the Challenger wins the retro look-alike contest. Just take a look at the vid for the Z/28 run at the 'Ring. Very impressive.
    Can't see it - the URL wants me to log onto AOL.

All I see is a little red "X" in a box, so it must be a setting on my (work) laptop here.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,175
    Ya, impressive for sure. Although I could care less about what a pony car does around the "ring", they are all too fat and heavy for that application IMO and the visibility for the hard-tops (especially the Camaro) is atrocious.

But everything else from Hole Shots at the strip to cruising the Boulevard, and anything in between, the Pony Cars are cool and the Chally is still the looker of the bunch with the Mustang a close second (Ford paint quality is inconsistent IMO). I wouldn't be caught dead in a Camaro, I don't have a mullet nor a penchant for 80's hair metal and bimbos...
    edited October 2013
    Boy, nothing like stereotyping. And, I don't even like the Camaro--really never did.

Well, maybe a '67.

When my buddies wanted a new Camaro, I wanted a Malibu Classic or Caprice coupe (the latter, '77 and later).
    That's awfully big of you...really.

Would I need a 'taster' first? LOL

I really never get there, although my niece and family live in Westville, but that's southern NJ.

Again, very big of you. Thanks.
    The Z/28 will be hard to beat. It's #22 on the current leader board for the fastest 'Ring times. 7:37.4

Some pretty hallowed ground, afaic!

Excellent job, Chevy!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,243
    Do you think "WE'RE 22!" would be a good ad campaign? :)

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• andres3andres3 CAPosts: 5,343
    Regarding your new Sony TV, I wouldn't blame Japan, it was probably built in Mexico or China. Sony has diversified into making like 10 lines of TV's in every size they make. From A to Z list in quality.

I bet it's possible some of the A and B stuff isn't made in China or Mexico. Not that where it's made means everything, because Sony can make TV's with extremely good quality and bad quality all in one country.

Did you get one of Sony's higher lines of Televisions?
  • berriberri Posts: 4,234
    If Circlew is in Monmouth County, NJ you should take him up on the offer. That area has a lot of really good, independent restaurants.
  • berriberri Posts: 4,234
    It was a mid level Sony line. But I think TV's are really down to just a couple of companies making the screen and other key components, so it may be best just to narrow down the picture quality you like and buy the cheapest of those anymore. I suspect Sony does very little TV manufacturing in house anymore, but I don't know for sure. I'm afraid that in many products and services these days a brand name doesn't really mean much like it used to.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,243
    I think, with rare exception, that the concept of "brand loyalty" for mainstream car buyers has pretty much eroded over the past 25 years. With consumer empowerment and more information, they are less like lemmings, just buying what mom or dad bought way back when.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

This discussion has been closed.