Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Swap your old Accord for 2013 model?

bunnnybunnny Member Posts: 1
Hello guys, I just want to know if anyone here use swapalease dot com? How easy is their service to transfer and take over another car and find out how I can get out of a car lease without any penalties, incl. credit score damage, like "voluntary repo". Any liability and any other constraints I should be aware of, please! I have my eye on a new 2013 Accord EX-L w/Nav and want to list my 2012 Accord SE. All feedback will be really appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. Forum admin/mods, please excuse me if I posted in the wrong forum section.

Comments

• Options
    rodutrodut Member Posts: 343
    I like more the 2012 than the 2013. Double wishbone suspension (vs. struts), hydraulic steering (vs. electric), bigger car (full size, vs. midsize). You may have the "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" syndrome.

Some guy posted on this site about his electric steering having a on-off behavior. If you want toys, there are plenty available at the computer store (navigation included).
  • Options
    jplatt2jplatt2 Member Posts: 24
    I used swapalease about ten years ago and almost did another deal last month but the car had about $1500 of dings and dents.
    They are definitely reputable. I bought a lifetime membership but after so many years couldn't find any documentation and figured I would have to pay to rejoin, but I called them up and they found my username and password. You need to check with your leasing company how they handle lease transfers. Some leasing companies hold the original lessee responsible if the new lessee doesn't pay. If that's the case, you have to be really comfortable with the person who is taking over the lease. Other than that, swapalease will take you through the paperwork. Too bad I'm not looking for a 2012 Accord.