Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 forester new, first drive accident

cpmonkeecpmonkee Member Posts: 12
First day drove the car and ran into a stop sign. There are scratches and cuts on the bumper but no major damage. However, the metal beam behind the plastic bumper is dented. Is this a cause for concern? Please let me know thanks! There is no other damage, radiator is fine.

Comments

• once_for_allonce_for_all Member Posts: 1,640
    if it's brand new, let insurance deal with it. Something like that will drop your car's value by a lot, and also be an eyesore for you for a long time.

John
  • cpmonkeecpmonkee Member Posts: 12
    it is not noticeable just looking at it and technically my insurance didn't cover it. (in between insurance policies) I just dont know if it is something that needs to be fixed or if it is just a cosmetic issue? I plan on owning the car for at least 10 years
  • once_for_allonce_for_all Member Posts: 1,640
    if there is no noticeable damage, I can't imagine safety or driving issues. If the cosmetic issue isn't a problem and you can live with it for 10 years, then it sounds like you are fine doing nothing.

John