Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Member Spotlight-Meet Rsholland!

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited July 2013 in General
If you've ever visited the Subaru Crew in our Forums, you'll most likely see rsholland handing out info and advice on everything Subaru. He has been a member for over 12 years and has posted over 20,000 comments!

What was your first car?
A 1962 VW sunroof.

Of all the cars you've owned, which was your favorite?
Favorite car owned, my current '09 Subaru WRX.

If you were a car which car would you be and why?
f I were a car? A Rolls-Royce Phantom convertible. Why? There's nothing like it on the road. Nothing even comes close.

If you won the lottery, which current cars would you buy?
I'd get a Porsche Cayman.

What do you like and dislike about today's auto industry?
What I like about the car industry is that they're building the best cars ever. What I dislike is that committee decisions rule, and not enough gut feeling decisions are being made.

What is the highest mileage you've ever put on a car?
140K on a 1998 Ford Explorer

How often do you log into Edmunds Forums?
I log in daily to the forums.

Which Edmunds forums do you frequently visit and why?
Why, the Subaru Crew of course. Great folks taking about great cars.

Thanks, rsholland, for sharing your Subaru expertise and your loyalty to Edmunds Forums!
Tagged:

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Helmet head?

Nah.... :D
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,793
    That's the highest?! Impressive, for how low it is! I have to wonder, Bob, how many years you tend to keep your cars. I thought you tended to hang onto them for a while.

Congrats on the spotlight! It's always fun to read about fellow members of the forum... and the Subaru Crew! ;)
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I've found that once cars get over 100K, they tend to need expensive repairs (timing bets, etc.). I prefer to get rid of them before hitting that mark. Can't always do that. My current WRX has ~ 85K on it.

I'm definitely not one of those who tries to milk every last mile out of a car before getting another. Besides, I like new technology, engineering advances, and old cars lose out there. Then there's always the boredom factor too.

Bob
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I've found cars, once they get past 100K, tend to have expensive repairs (timing belts, etc.). So I'm not big on milking every last mile out of my car, especially if it's a daily driver.

Besides I like new technology and engineering; and I get bored with cars too, and want something new.

Bob
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Bob... even more honors and accolades??? WTG! :shades:
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Highest mileage I've had was just 107k miles but that car was totaled.

I may keep my current cars longer as the kids approach college age and the funds will disappear.