Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Is your Pilot shuddering like on a bad road?

pilotownerscompilotownerscom Member Posts: 1
edited May 2014 in Honda
I am getting a group of Pilot Owners who are having a problem with their Pilots when the economy kicks in. Most often it is described as a shudder or like driving down a bad patch of road.

As a group we can get Honda to finally look at this problem and quit telling us it is normal. I have a 2013 that does this, while my 2011, 2010 and 2006 did not do it. Oh the 2011 we still have and it is perfect like the many, many other Hondas we have owned.

[non-permissible content removed].

For the first time ever my Wife and I can say we do not like a Honda we own.

Honda is handing this as they never have any problems before.

Join and get yours fixed. Thanks Larry
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    walk_the_walk2walk_the_walk2 Member Posts: 140
    edited December 2013
    My 2011 4WD Pilot with 64K miles on it just starting doing this. Seems to be coming from the rear differential... any ideas what the cause may be?
  • Options
    odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173

There was a TSB way back about the Jeep Death Wobble rearing its ugly head in the Pilots. It ended up being a Driveshaft out of balance. I personally haven'y had it happen on "The Beast", but I attribute that to the Off-Road package.

Odie

• Options
    bkgatorsbkgators Member Posts: 1

My 2010 did the same thing - took it to Honda dealer and they said it was a bearing in front right - fixed it under warranty

• Options
    lily72calily72ca Member Posts: 1

My 2013 Pilot does exactly the same thing from day one (Dec. 2013). Now, I am trying to get dealership to have a look it.

• Options
    konic65konic65 Member Posts: 1

Just purchased a used 2011 Pilot EX-L with 40K miles. A week later noticed the shudder while accelerating between 15-25 mph. Shudder felt like I was driving down a wash board road. Only lasted but a few seconds. Wife noticed it again a few days later. No warning lights are displayed so not sure if it will produce a code. Read about the class action lawsuit just settled regarding this issue. I'm looking for more information. What causes this? How does Honda fix it? Any direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• Options
    kevstephkevsteph Member Posts: 2

Have a 2013 Pilot. We are experiencing the same "shudder" when the car shifts at different speeds (especially between 40 and 60 MPH). Its very annoying. We have taken it in 3 times. Ironically, my neighbor has the same vehicle, color and all. I asked her if she had the same issue. She is experiencing the exact same problem.

The dealer said it drives normal. However today, when the dealership's technician drove it, he was able to feel it. They are doing a scan of the data from the torque converter (not sure exactly how that works). They said this is becoming a common complaint, but Honda does not recognize it as a problem (smart people). The scan is being sent to a "master" technician at Honda corporate. I'm hoping this fixes this annoying problem.