Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• advisor3advisor3 Member Posts: 1
    That was the good deal, I'm looking for one, which dealership you went? thanks
  • spm1695spm1695 Member Posts: 8
    Copeland Toyota in Brockton
  • scanchainscanchain Member Posts: 3
    I am in the bay area and looking to buy the SE AWD. Do you mind telling me which dealership gave the $30795 quote (includes the destination charge of $810, carpet/cargo mats for $180 and $1548 for TDA+Gas+Holdback+Wholesale Reserve) ?
  • chargermikechargermike Member Posts: 1
    Just bought in Iowa. 2010 Highlander SE 4WD with options:cargo/mats, blutooth and body molding. MSRP $35,513, Invoice $32,453. I bought at $31,903. I feel this was the best deal I could get and I worked it for a week. I will get my extended warranty at Midwest Superstore at about 1/2 the price. The real deal was on my 2006 Sienna trade-in, they were about $1,000 higher than 2 other dealers I had checked. Very happy, limited number of 2010 Highlanders left, most seem to be Limited and I don't want a 4x2 for the Iowa winter:) Rides smoother than I anticipated and I love the layout of everything so far. Blutooth answer button is blocked by the steering wheel but that is minor. Very impressed with the leg and head room in front and second seat. We have owned only Toyota since 1984 so I hope the luck continues. Prior to this, our Sienna was the best car I have ever owned or driven.
  • sbaycasbayca Member Posts: 5
    sorry for the late reply. it was piercy toyota in milpitas.
  • valady1valady1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all. Car-buying novice here. We're in VA (Fredericksburg area) and looking to buy a 2010 SE AWD.
    I was wondering if anyone has recent buying experience around Northern VA or Richmond and could tell us a good price to go for. We have no trade-in and were offered $31,000 + taxes and fees (which together totaled 2375) for black leather, black color.

Does this seem like a good deal? It seemed high to me considering the 2011s are out, but again this is my first time buying a car and I feel very much out of my depth. Any help is much appreciated.
  • dewdrop1dewdrop1 Member Posts: 2
    We are looking to buy a 2010 highlander SE 4WD in PA..and the best price we got was 31000.Is there any chance we could get a lower price on it?Have you folks seen anything lower on this forum?Or shd i wait till december and then buy?So confused.Thanks.
  • dewdrop1dewdrop1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi!
    WAS 31000 the best deal you got cos we're getting the same right now and i'm not sure if i shd go for it or wait!
  • gc222gc222 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    I purchased 2010 SE FWD with Rosen Navigation(includes bluetooth $1500 ) + Mats $245 for $31800 out the door in VA. Is that a good deal???
  • raul76051raul76051 Member Posts: 19
    Is it safe to purchase a car out of state without doing a test drive on that particular car? Also all Highlanders should have the same regular specs/features regards of what region i'm buying the Highlander from, correct? EVP #8 should be the same at all regions, correct? The reason i ask is because one dealer was telling me otherwise.
  • skkivskkiv Member Posts: 1
    I got Base 4cyl with 3rd row package for 25000 Invoice + TTL.
  • bn4bn4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Could you tell me the location? Did you get the 0% for 3 years or does 25k include rebate?
    I am offered the 2011 SE AWD V6 at (Invoice+100). Since it is so new, I am unable to find any lower. Does anyone have any comment when would dealers drop their prices more?
  • hkuhku Member Posts: 1
    I just signed my papers for 2010 Highlander SE AWD for $31,300 - OUT OF THE DOOR in VA.

I don't have a break up since I always negotiated only on out of the door price with all dealers.
  • kevin125kevin125 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2010
    I was quoted SE AWD 31300 + TTL with 0 APR finance
  • rukmayrukmay Member Posts: 2
    Where(location) you getting 0% APR ?
  • adjohnadjohn Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2010
    Attempted to pickup a 2010 Highlander Limited V6 AWD with EVP #8, but no dice from the dealer.

Their computer showed there was no special finance rates for non-hybrid Highlanders.

They did have $750 cash incentive, but dealer wouldn't accept my offer of $34000 (+TTL).

Guess I'll have to wait til next month and see what my options are...
  • averagepunteraveragepunter Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    South Boston Area - just picked up a 2010 SE AWD w/mats, crossbars and carpets - MSRP 35,343. Settled at 31,000 + TTL with 1.9% finance. They also offered $350 more for my trade than the next best offer.

Didn't have to negotiate too hard, and think I could have pushed for another $250 in the deal, but I am happy with where I landed.
    Just bought this today: 2011 Highlander SE AWD V6 with NV (Navigation), TO (tow package) and CT (carpets). MSRP 38595. Paid 35000 + TTL. I wanted the 2011's because of the 50/50 split 3rd row. Otherwise I could have snagged a 2010 limited for below 35k.

BTW, I'm in SF bay area.
  • asiasfasiasf Member Posts: 2
    Can you share the dealership name ?

Did you get it for invoice ?

I think if you can get a 2011 for invoice then its a good deal.
  • bucsfan1029bucsfan1029 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    Just purchased a 2010 FWD v6 Highlander SE today in Tampa, FL. Silver exterior with black leather interior, bluetooth included. $30,500 out the door (so approx 28.5k before Taxes, etc). Like others have said, didn't have to negotiate too hard with them but didn't feel like I could go much lower. The last $500 of negotiating was the hardest part! I am pleased where I ended up as well. MSRP was $34,900. The presence of the 2011 models helped...you could tell they wanted to move the 2010s.
  • jiangyjiangy Member Posts: 8
    I live in NJ. I got internet quote $38,708 for "2011 4x4, 3.5L V6 Limited" Exterior=Black,Interior=SAND BEIGE (No any other option)

$38,708 is Out The Door (OTD) Pricing. (with Tax 7% NJ)

dealer don't have in inventory & they have to order from Car Factory.

I will try to get more quote from different dealer (at least 3) & keep posted for everyone.
  • xtian97sc2xtian97sc2 Member Posts: 6
    FYI... if you have a Costco membership the Toyota pricing is $300 over invoice on all models. I'm working on picking up a 2011 Highlander Limited myself. AAA and some credit unions also have discounts. Make sure to try those out 1st. If you don't have a Costco membership it pays to pay $40-50 for one Actually I think if you're not satisfied you can request a cancellation and refund.
  • pitbull1980pitbull1980 Member Posts: 8
    Just checking on any good deals or please tell me what type of deal you were able to get. Thank you.
    It is good idea. I am AAA member.
    Just ckecked AAA WEB , 2011 highlander is not list (Maybe too new) so I requested 2010 to see what kind of offer.
  • egb1egb1 Member Posts: 3
    HI

It has been a very long time since I have purchased a new car. I have an offer for a 2010 Highlander Limited FWD V6 for 32333.00 plus title, taxes and fees. Final total $33672.00. Good Deal?
  • steven1357steven1357 Member Posts: 69
    No, I do not think that is a good deal.
    That car has already depreciated a full year now that the 2011s are out.
    If you keep it long enough, you might be able to offset that huge up front loss.

I bought that same car in late December 2009 for $ 32,000 even (before TT&L).

I don't know what color yours is or if any accessories are on the car.
    But, mine was blizzard pearl & the dealer installed factory body side molding, door edge guards, mud flaps, & a stainless steel exhaust tip - all for the $ 32,000 price.

Of course prices vary by regions of the country. I am in the Gulf South Distributor Region. Just the Destination Charge on a HL in this Region costs $ 55 more than what every other region pays.

If you can wait I would purchase after XMas but before the end of the year 2010. That means you will have to time your negotiations so that you can finalize your best offer within that short window.
    Does it have the navagation, evp #8?
    Thank you. I appreciate the information. Will wait to see what I can get later this year.
    no - it does not have any extra packages
    I live in NJ 07627

Here is my quote for 2011 Highlander Limited V6 4wd Exterior=Black,Interior=SAND BEIGE (Invoice=$36,345/MSRP=$38,470 )

3 Dearlers give me price as following & all are below Invoice=$36,345

Internet Quote $35,353 Plus Fees (Destination Inlcuded)
    Internet Quote $35,563 Plus Fees (Destination Inlcuded)
    Internet Quote $36,000 Plus Fees (Destination Inlcuded) --> Costco Member only
    Again 2010 & 2011 are different:

Lots option on 2010 but 2011 become default that's why price up near $2000

From Base invoice price you can tell.
  • rukmayrukmay Member Posts: 2
    I am in NJ , looking for 2010 highlander limited, Post if any one get deals from NJ toyota dealers ?
    I been Quoted two prices for new 2010 Highlander Limited with EVP #8 package,Premium Carpet Mat Set, Window Tint,Color-Keyed Side Molding, not all the options but most of the options.

1. Out of State $34700 OTD
    2. In state $35000 OTD.

What you guys think?
  • johnd15johnd15 Member Posts: 41
    raul76051... impossible to advise w/o more info on your car. But roughly speaking on Limiteds getting $2500 - $3000 off MSRP on 2011 is an excellent buy. On 2010 you are in driver's seat. Subtract another $1000 - $2000 with Toyota incentives. Go to Truecar.com to research. Also check out Fitzgerald Toyota prices. You want to know dealer cost, dealer invoice,& incentives. Good luck.
  • booyah1booyah1 Member Posts: 2
    $36,213 +TTL and processing.

FACTORY INSTALLED OPTIONS
    (FE ) 50-STATE EMISSIONS
    (TO ) TOW PKG
    (NV ) NAVIGATION SYSTEM INCLUDES:
    (CT ) CARPETED FLOOR, CARGO & 3RD ROW MAT SET (PPO)
    (3T ) CROSSBARS (PPO)
    Exhaust Tip

Good Deal?
    This is very good price, but you still have to check:

1. Trade in Value ?
    2. Out of Door price (some time dealer charge Doc = $300 )
    3. Loan ?

I can get $35,200 without GPS, All other option like yours.
  • booyah1booyah1 Member Posts: 2
    Jiangy-
    1- 10,750 on a HIGH mile volvo xc90
    2- Tax ~1,100 / Tag&Reg ~80/ Proces fee 449
    3- 2.9% loan

Oh and knock another $500 off the $36,213 due to $500 Military incentive
    Sound good. Make sure everything in writing before deposite.
    Everything they say is false until you see it in writing & include your trade in value.

Always, always remember to walk out if you don't reach a deal you like.
    Ask them Full tank of gas (Most of time give only 1/4 Full)
  • jborrellijborrelli Member Posts: 15
    I live in nj got a quote of 39000. If anyone has better quotes let me know and if the dealer is in nj name of dealership would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Paid $35,000 OTD for a new 2010 Highlander limited with nav package (evp #8), tint windows, floor mat set, STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST TIP and COLOR-KEYED BODYSIDE MOLDING
  • nu7990nu7990 Member Posts: 1
    raul76051, Do u have the dealer information for that deal? I am trying to get it in NJ
    Thanks!
    edited October 2010
    Nu7990,

Doing my research,dealers in the Atlanta area are willing to deal, what i did was go to truecar.com, use the best price search, use zip code 30122, make sure you select all the options you want on the car. I got the certificate in the e-mail and i started to e-mail dealers near me, no local dealers wanted to match the price, they either laughed at me or thought i was getting a demo. I was ready to fly to Atlanta to pick up the car and i decided to e-mail dealers a little further in state and a dealer was available to offer something close to offset the costs of flying and driving back. What i did was i dealt with the GM of the dealers, you can usually find their e-mail on the dealer website. Look at Russel Toyota in Maryland, they lower their prices for a few days during the month. I hope this info helps you out.
  • mdasg2003mdasg2003 Member Posts: 1
    paid $33.652 + TTL in Atlanta. With the JBL upgrade - no navigation.
  • steven1357steven1357 Member Posts: 69
    Now that is what I am talking about.
    Those of you who are paying that and more for a 1 year old 2010 should take notice.

Way to go.mdasg2003 ! ! ! !
    Makes me a little sad that I just bought a 2010 LTD on 12-23-09.
    Got Car today 2011 HighLander LTD with Navi for $ 36,885
    Total Out of Door price $39,820 in NJ (Dealer Name = Hudson Toyota)

I traded in my following car for 4,500 (Not bad)
    honda odyssey 2003 EX-L Mileage=103,300 Payoff first owner

Take total 1 hour to finish all.
  • radhayradhay Member Posts: 17
    edited October 2010
    Hi booyah1, did you close on your deal? It looks like a great price. Where is the dealer?
  • tigerdave2tigerdave2 Member Posts: 2
    Just paid $36,192 plus tax/title for a new 2011 V6 FWD Limited Highlander in South Carolina. Options include Navigation w/ JBL stereo, Special Color (blizzard pearl), Towing Prep Package, and Carpet Mats.

Total MSRP was $39,209. Went to the dealer planning to purchase a 2010 model, but they weren't discounting prices as much as we expected. We're happy with the 2011 style changes and our negotiated pricee.
    Hi Dave:

Yes, Look like good price (very close to invoice ) for FWD. South Carolina don't need AWD, I live in NJ sometime snow so AWD need.
    Do you know invoice price for your CAR ?
  • johnd15johnd15 Member Posts: 41
    Thanks Tigerdave2 for your posting. I think all viewers benefit from posters listing the MSRP & the price paid. So you got a $3017 discount off MSRP on a 2011. That's great. Would be nice to know how much over invoice this was too, but that takes a little more digging. I am shopping for a 2011 Limited AWD with just tow pkg & floor mats. USAA buying service price quote is $35,215 on this HL with an MSRP of $37,650. So $2435 off MSRP. Vehicle invoice is listed as $34,715, so net price paid is $500 over invoice. Hoping to do a little better than that...