Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jammer0njammer0n Posts: 3
    Guys, I'm looking at a AWD Highlander Limited with running boards, side moldings, navigation system and rear dvd system. What is a good OTD price for CT including taxes (6.35%) and fees ($350). I've looked at TrueCar and factory invoice is 40260 and msrp is 43646. Based on that would 43370 be a "good" OTD including taxes and doc fees?

Thank you.
  • sandykomsandykom Posts: 1
    Hi can you post name , city of the second dealership with ph #
    i will like to buy the SE VG at the same price price of $30,842
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Westerville, OhioPosts: 382
    edited June 2012
    Is it showing dealer cost? I would be pushing for below invoice. Definitely don't settle on invoice. Offer about $1000 below and see what they say. I got my price by sending a request for a quote through the Toyota website. At least I think it was through them. Like a previous poster stated that dealing with the Internet Sales Manager you usually start at a lower price than a regular salesman might offer if you just walk in. The best I could do in my City was $500 below invoice and then a $1000 rebate which might have had more to do with the fact that they had to go out of the area to get me what I wanted. Keep your eye on the actual selling price and not so much on the OTD because the taxes and Fees would be about the same. Of course, taxes would be less if the selling price were less.
  • It was Toyota of Greenville in South Carolina. I can't put his name or phone number or my post will get deleted again. The person that emailed me amd that I spoke with in person was their internet sales manager. Even if you aren't in their area you could go to website, find vehicle comparable to what you want, have them send you quote, and then use it as a negotiation tool with a high volume dealer in your area. I will give you the specific information off my quotes from him:

Email quote:
    2012 Highlander SE V6 Crimson Mica/black leather
    MSRP $36,625
    Dealer Invoice $33,762
    Internet discount and Toyota dealer cash -$3,100 (off invoice)
    Plus tax, tag, and fee $628 (sales tax in SC only $300)
    Internet price out the door $31,290

Vehicle I wanted and he was getting sent from another dealer:
    2012 Highlander V6 SE Silver/Black leather
    Wording is different because it is a print out of actual dealer screen.

Selling Price $35,399
    Discount $5,185
    Adjusted Price $30,214
    Total Purchase $30,214 (amazing price! )
    Tag and title fees $39
    Administrative processing fee $289
    Tax $300
    Balance $30,842

I am still pissed that I got lease from other company. I got caught up in the payment amount instead of actual lease calculations. Was for 4cyl SE with original quote of nothing out of pocket and payment of $416. This dealer offered V6 SE for $403. Other place then said $375 for the 4 cylinder. I got caught up in the payment game and figured well it's not worth it for me to pay an extra $28 a month to get a V6 (that I didn't need) and a different color interior. What I should of done is calculated the difference in price and divided it by 35 payments. I figure I should have only paid like $346 a month oh well. I'm better prepared for next purchase...
  • gmq1gmq1 Posts: 2
    HI There,
    Can you post contact info of dealer?
    We are in the process of purchasing a highlander and live in NC so willing to drive. We are waffling bt. the SE V6 and Limited model as there really isn't a major difference bt. the two. Curious if we can get similar price.
    Many Thanks!
  • edgetaedgeta Posts: 32
    Well a couple differences I found out (too late) between the SE V6 and Limited. The air conditioning in the SE, you can not control the fan speed or the temp form the front seat, only if the A/C is on or not. Otherwise it's however the last person in the back left it (unless you go back there and change it). Just a note also, it DOES make a difference if it's just A/C or if it's "climate control". All of my cars have had climate comtrol (auto A/C), the SE V6 does not, you have to keep messing with the fan speed and temp in the front as the interior car temp changes (bothers me more than I thought it would). Also, the drivers seat in the Limited has a "seatpan" or seat depth adjustment, that is not on the Limited, makes a difference if you have longer legs.
    I always "overbuy", this is the first time I didn't...I will never do that again.
  • gmq1gmq1 Posts: 2
    Thanks. That's a really valid point considering I have children who would be strapped into their car seats and wouldn't be able to adjust the temp on their own. What a pain!
    Alot more differences than just those. It's 3 zone auto climate control, 19" wheels, premium perforated leather seating, puddle lamps, woodgrain accents. 10 way power driver seat, chrome roof rack, chrome door handles, and more.
  • edgetaedgeta Posts: 32
    Sorry, I should have clairified. Yep, there are lots of other changes.. the changes that I didn't notice that bothered me were...
  • jammer0njammer0n Posts: 3
    That was dealer invoice price...thank you for the advice!
  • hptampahptampa Posts: 1
    I am in Tampa and looking to purchase a 2012 Highlander Limited FWD with only a couple of options (floor mats and running boards). Email quotes from dealers are adding tow prep package and SE Distributor dealer fees and stating that they are unavoidable. Obviously most items are negotiable, but I have read about the issue with the SE distributor fees. Are there dealerships in Florida outside of this arrangement? I now have quotes just above invoice but looking for at least $750 below. Also - does anyone know when 2013s come out?
    edited June 2012
    Tow Prep is a standard "Option" on the V6.
  • johnsy1johnsy1 Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Is this a good deal - Boston Area
    2012 Highlander SE V6 AWD (Crimson RED Exterior / ASH Leather interior)
    MSRP: 36725
    Final price from Dealer: 31000
    Registration + tags = 529
    Tax:6.25% = 1937.5
    Total OTD: 33466.5
    standard SE specs + All weather Floor mats
  • madriver1madriver1 Posts: 2
    2012 Highlander SE AWD

MSRP $37,145
    Price Paid: $31,700 ( 0% financing) $30,950 ($750 cash back)

I opted for 0% financing!
  • madriver1madriver1 Posts: 2
    I paid $30,950 for pretty much the same car today. My MSRP was about $400 more but it sounds like what you paid and what I paid are pretty close. I bought over the border in NH as the dealer in MA wasn't as willing to negotiate.
  • bondguy1bondguy1 Posts: 228
    My wife just had an accident in our 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited...we have totally enjoyed this car from the time we purchased it brand new in 2004...it is 8 years old and we had 187,000 miles on it and never one problem. Now, we are thinking about getting a hybrid SUV and naturally looked at the Highlander. Since we keep cars for a few years and put lots of miles on them, we want the luxury one, the limited. However, I also don't want to buy one now knowing there is a redesigned one coming out next year which I have been reading about is coming out next year. Anybody know any info on when it will be coming out and what it will look like...maybe a pic of a spyshot or something? The timing for us isn't great as if my car is considered totaled, we have to act sooner than later or rent something until the new Highlander hybrid is available...that being said, I'm thinking they don't sell that many hybrid Highlanders in the limited package so maybe the deals would be pretty good on a current 2012 model...again, any help you can provide would be appreciated.
  • oshuklaoshukla Posts: 3
    Hi
    Guys

Can you post the information about the dealers, As I am looking for Base Highlander with V6 Engine and Tech package. Most of dealerships in Rochester and Buffalo are giving closer to MSRP or above invoice. Could any anyone suggest anything from your experience in dealing with these dealers.

Thanks
  • elbeto77elbeto77 Posts: 7
    Does anyone one have a copy of the dealers true invoice for this model? What are people paying in Texas?
  • riley678riley678 Posts: 4
    I AM ALSO INTERESTED IN SAME MODEL IN TEXAS.
    What prices have you been getting from Toyota sales counselors?
    The best deal is from Costco- $33,720 at Vandergriff Toyota contact Steve Dewitt
    I was offered $33,263 + TT&L which they said was a Costco discount.
    I think you could do better IMHO...I am holding out for $31,000 plus tax etc. no more than $33,500OTD.
  • blueniketxblueniketx Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Hi,
    Everyone has experience of buying 2012 Toyota Highlander SUV Base 3.5L V6 in Houston, TX. Please share.
    Price + TT&L
    Or OTD price.
    Thanks in advance.
  • 2012 Highlander SE v6 AWD does this Price Paid: $31,700 ( 0% financing) include TTL
  • hyspeshyspes Posts: 2
    Does anybody know good dealers around at upstate New York?

I'd like to buy my wife's new SUV (Highlander (AWD) SE or Limited). Can anybody share what target price range will be acceptable at upstate New York area?

- Limited (AWD): $35,000~37,000
    - SE (AWD): $33,000~33,500

The above prices found on Fitzmall and are they reasonable prices? Can any dealership beat the price around NY, PA, MA, OH area?

Also, can anybody what trim I should go to? AWD is deifinitley required in here because of long, cold, and feet high snow winter.

Please share your thought, buying experience, and driving experience.

:)
  • doc92doc92 Posts: 3
    i bought a new AWD highlander limited at 0% APR. it included

1. navigation
    2. tow prep
    3. cross bars
    4. tow hitch & wiring harness
    5. remote starter
    6. carpet mats

i paid 37,991.00 plus tax. title, tags.
  • does anyone know what good dealer to get SE (AWD): $33,000~33,500+ TTL in NJ area Can any dealership beat the price around the area.
  • advan13advan13 Posts: 6
    Heads up. There is a rebate from autotrader. http://autotraderconquestrebate.com/offer
  • mgoldsteinmgoldstein Posts: 47
    Looking for numbers for a 2012 Highlander V6 Limited AWD:

Navigation
    Tow Package
    Carpeted Floor and Cargo Mats
    Wheel Locks
    MSRP $41,218

What is a good sales price?
    What is the current money factor on a 36 month/12-k lease?
    What is the residual factor for a 36 month/12k-year lease?

Narrowed search to Highlander or Murano LE. Excluding the 3rd row issue, anybody have preference comments?