Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lok888lok888 BostonPosts: 1,778
    The lowest quote that I got is $32.7K for a 2013 Highlander SE V6 AWD with cross bars and mudguards. It is in Boston.
  • Just picked up my 2013 Highlander limited fully loaded with nav and entertainment package in olympia,WA area for 37,900 +tax and license fees.
    Thanks so much for your post, I dealt my car base on your price and the lowest they could come down is 37,900. Out the dorr price is $41500.
    I called every dealers in 100 miles radius. And I am suggesting to get the invoice from Costco Auto Program, It helped me a lot to nail the deal.
    Thanks everyone and this website.
  • mmlnmmln Posts: 4
    Did anyone buy recently in houston (2013 Toyota Highlander V6 SE) ?
    What is the best deal ? including TTL.
    Post also dealer info.
    is this OTD price or negotiated MSRP ?
  • lok888lok888 BostonPosts: 1,778
    This is the OTD price for the car )2013, V6, AWD, SE model) with cross bars & mudguards. The price includes the dest. charge. Of course, the dealer fee, reg/title and tax are extras.
    Usually OTD covers title/registration everything. From your response I assume this is additional cost to $32.7.
    I got a offer @32.8 + TTL, so thinking (mine is not AWD).
  • I've been trying to get someone in TX to sell a 2013 highlander se v6 for 34k OTD.
    No luck thus far, probably off by 1-1.5k.

If someone is getting close to this for silver/blk (or gray int), pls let me know.
    Thanks
    2013 Highlander SE V6 FWD
    Options: Premium Carpets+Glass break Sensor+Cross-bars+Vehicle shield package+Inspection+Fuelling

MSRP price: $36,552 (includes delivery fee $925)
    Invoice price: $34,150 (includes delivery fee $925, market fund $995)
    Price offered: $32,800 + TTL

This is $1350 less than invoice price...is it a good deal ?

vehicle is in inventory for 2months based on invoice information.
    Invoice shows $688 reserve and $344 finance reserve for dealer.
  • Can you share Salesperson and dealership info.
    I may need to reach for this deal.

I did not find an option to send a private message to you.

Thanks,
  • Bit the bullet and forked over 35.5k otd for 2013 v6 se. I think there were silly add ons like nitrogen in tires and sunfilm.
  • davem5davem5 Posts: 8
    While I couldn't give you a price off-hand, I HIGHLY recommend Haas Toyota Country up on 249 in Tomball (a stone's throw from 1960). I advise lots of folks about car buying, and they are by far the fairest dealer out there (note - I live 3 blocks fro Joe Meyers.....no way Jose).

My first personal dealing with them was 10 years ago when we got a Highlander...their price was fair, the trade in offer reasonable, and service has been spectacular. Subsequently, I have referred 25+ folks interested in Toyotas to them, and at least 20 have bought from them.

Good folks.
  • Just purchased a 2013 Highlander Limited in Florida. Fort Myers. With remote start, color uplift, tint and mats for 38.7k out the door. 4k under MSRP. Truecar quote helped. Worked with the internet sales dept only.
  • 2013 Highlader Limited AWD, Black with Beige Interior
    No Options purchased

OTD in VA was $37,500. They offered 0% financing, but I declined and paid cash.
    This should give you a good basis to build your pricing since it includes no options.

Purchased in Arlington, VA from Koons. I worked with Internet sales. Good experience, no pressure.

One other dealership agreed to this price, but I chose Koons due to the salesperson's style and responsiveness.
  • with the zero percent financing -
    OTD (includes the taxes, tags, fees) - 37,250
    2013 Highlander AWD, Limited
    in Northern Virginia

positive experience.
  • Which dealership?
  • astacastac Posts: 3
    2013 Highlander Limited AWD, Classic Silver with Black interior
    Carpet mats, crossbars, door edge guards
    SF Bay Area

MSRP: $40,713
    Invoice: $37,071 (per Edmunds)
    Purchase: $36,962 + TTL - $1000 cash back = $39,792 OTD

Thanks to all for sharing
  • cynical2cynical2 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Hi, all!

Leftover 2012 Highlander AWD Limited at a local dealer. Extras include:

Convenience Package (Mudguards, Exhaust Tip, Cargo Cross Bars)
    All Weather Floor Mats & Cargo Mat
    Body Side Moldings
    Paint Protection Film
    Rear-Seat DVD Entertainment System
    V6 Tow Prep Package
    Voice-Activated Touch-Screen DVD Navigation System

MSRP = $43,877
    Offer = $35,800 + TTL

Thoughts?
    Sounds like a killer deal, assuming they don't slime you on the fees. :)
  • Hello everyone,

I am in the market for a SUV. I am considering purchasing a 2013 Highlander Limited. I visited a local dealer (Pauly Toyota) in Crystal Lake, Illinois area, and got a price quote of $36505 + TTL. The total OTD price came out to be $39383. This is my first ever Toyota Highlander so I am not sure of what others are paying for a car with similar features.

What do you all think? Is this a decent deal? How much should I offer as my final price (fair price)?

Thanks all for your help and input.
    What options are on the vehicle?

You can also use trucar.com to get an (undoubtedly incomplete) view of what others in your area are paying for a similar-equipped highlander.
  • The Limited edition include pretty much all options except DVD Rear Entertainment option such as Nav, heated seat, 19in alloy wheel, etc... Some of the accessory options are excluded.
  • I just bought a 2013 Highlander Hybrid with Blizzard Pearl exterior, black interior, and the Leather Premium Package, along with all weather mats and cross bars.

MSRP: $44,064
    Invoice: $40,490
    True Market Value®: $42,094

I agreed to add on 3M Chip Protection package for $995, which the dealer essentially discounted by 50%, yielding a base price, with options, of $44500.

I also agreed to add
    Extended warranty (7 year / 125K miles): $2575
    Gap insurance: $795

I originally signed up for 3.4% financing through Toyota.

I've decided to cancel the Extended Warranty, pay cash (and cancel Gap Insurance) and hope to cancel the chip protection package.

I go back to the dealer tomorrow, hoping to renegotiate a new deal. In the worst case, I've paid $500 over MSRP for a Chip Protection package I don't want and probably won't install, but am hoping to find a new, happy midpoint closer to the True Market Value ... or at least below MSRP.

The salesperson said that the color + leather package in the Hybrid were pretty rare around here (Bellevue / Kirkland area of Washington), and since I need a new vehicle within the next 3 weeks - giving my soon-to-be-former car to my daughter - and this one had exactly the color & leather package I wanted, he said it was unlikely that another model like this could be found in that time period ... which is why I moved forward in uncharacteristic haste in signing the deal.

I'm wondering if anyone else might be able to comment on the rarity of the Hybrid + Blizzard White + Leather package, and whether those typically fetch such a premium ($500 < MSRP ... assuming I can renegotiate at least to that level), or whether something closer to the True Market Value is reasonable to assume.

Any other tips on renegotiation after purchase would also be welcome. I'm chalking all this up as a multi-dimensional learning experience, and will be happy to share the outcome here (if it is of interest).
  • jtoejtoe Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm in the market for 2013 Highlander Limited and was wondering what prices everyone has been paying? I live in the Chicago land area, but welcome all prices. Negotiation tips are also welcome.
  • ushy66ushy66 Posts: 197
    I suggest you call the Phoenix area dealers (internet depts) and get them to quote on desired HHL (color in/out) + options. You may find their prices lower and either get a one way flight to Phoenix and drive it back, or the dealers frequently can pay a reliable driver to drive it to Seattle for a nominal fee. Their prices are usually considerably less than those in Puget Sound area, even when adding in flight and/or a driver to deliver your HHL. Anyhow, it's worth a try.

Good Luck.

Jake
  • f00zf00z Posts: 1
    Model: 6951 SE V6 FWD
    Options: Mud Guards, Premium Carpet Mat Set(5 pc), Cross Bars, Glass Break Sensor

$33,000+TTL

What do you guys think of this price?
  • For everyone's reference, recently purchased a 2013 SE V6 FWD in Southern California
    Black exterior, Gray Interior
    Navigation, Carpet Mat Set(5 pc), Trunk net.
    Price $32,490 + TTL
  • fotoguy4ufotoguy4u Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    A crackhead got a title loan on his 2005 Highlander. They were going to confiscate it today, so I offered him an extra $200 to let me pay the loan and get the car, rather than just letting them take it. He did that. So I got the $12,000 car for $3,000! It's in Very Good Condition.
  • Hi,

Would you please give me the name of the dealer so I can visit them and take one home myself? I want to buy 2013 Highlander Limited but not sure which dealer I should stop by. If you can help that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
  • Looking at a V6 Plus in the Raleigh area, best price I've been quoted is 3K below MSRP = 29287 + TTL fees and no 0% financing, I am trying to get down to 30k OTD with the financing but none of the regional dealers are ready to go that low. Any good experiences in this region with dealers willing to negotiate?
  • jlittle78jlittle78 Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Ended up buying on Saturday from Fred Anderson in Raleigh. They were the lowest in the area, I got a slightly lower quote from Greensboro but did not trust that they would honor the verbal price or give me the 0% when I got over there. I got an OTD price of $30100 which was a couple hundred lower than they were willing to go the night before. Most other area dealers were $1k or more higher.