Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35

Comments

• crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    I think that a good barometer for expected depreciation can be found in released residual values used for leasing. I found such a discussion in FX35 FX45 Residuals and Money Factors where these figures were released:

These are the numbers from IFS (Infiniti Financial Services).

Read as LEASE TERM IN MONTHS-RESIDUAL VALUE/MONEY FACTOR

FX35 2WD
    24-59%/.00175=4.2%
    36-51%/.00175=4.2%
    39-50%/.00174=4.18%
    42-47%/.00168=4.03%
    48-41%/.00159=3.82%

FX35 AWD
    24-61%/.00210=5.04%
    36-53%/.00210=5.04%
    39-52%/.00205=4.92%
    42-47%/.00169=4.06%
    48-43%/.00186=4.46%

FX45 AWD
    24-61%/.00190=4.56%
    36-52%/.00190=4.56%
    39-51%/.00188=4.51%
    42-46%/.00151=3.62%
    48-43%/.00187=4.49%

As you can see, IFS (Infiniti Financial Services) expects that an FX would be worth about 41% to 43% of its initial value after 48 months. So, I would assume that this would be the going rate for the FX after said 48 months has passed. The market may dictate otherwise. In general, I find that Nissan/Infiniti vehicles depreciate faster than Honda/Toyota. It does not seem to matter to the market if the vehicles have bulletproof build quality. I think that if one buys a Nissan/Infiniti, be prepared to keep it for a long time. They are excellent vehicles, anyway.
  • downtowncbrowndowntowncbrown Member Posts: 1
    Haven't seen any word about this, but would love the FX45 in a five or 6-speed manual. Does anyone know anything about this? The Cayenne manual option is crazy expensive, but if SPORT is going to be emphasized, this is a great way to do it right...Love that 8 cylinder growl!
  • thomsensthomsens Member Posts: 2
    if the depreciation is so bad on Infinitis, shouldn't you just buy one a year old instead of getting a new one? You could wait for the fall and buy a 2003 FX45 and save some real bucks.
  • felizfeliz Member Posts: 32
    I agree with you about the problems with the Pacifica being manufactured by Chrysler, I had the unfortunate experience of having owned three mini-vans. I was a slow learner.

Apparently the Pacifica is the first Chrysler vehicle put out with a lot of MB input, in fact it even uses some MB parts. I thought it at least deserved a look-see.

Who can understand Infiniti's marketing strategy, the rear seat DVD should be a stand alone option.

I don't understand Infinities low resale value either. My TL-S is a year older and has double the mileage of my wife's G35 but it's worth more!! I know this because I've been checking on the values in case I decide to trade one in on a FX45 or similar vehicle.
  • golfgod2golfgod2 Member Posts: 53
    We bought a T&C about a year and a half ago and it was a terrible mistake. It's been in for repair at least a half dozen time and dealer service is terrible. This was our first Chrysler and last for the rest of our lives. I've owned 3 infinitis and have an Acura TLS right now - both dealer experiences are head and shoulders above Chrysler. After driving an FX35 and owning a Chrysler, I wouldn't even consider the Pacifica. If you're concerned about resale value the new Lexus RX might be a good alternative. While I love the FX, I'm also very curious about the VW Touareg. I have not driven an X5 yet, I would love to hear someones thoughts on the X5 vs. FX.
  • monet5monet5 Member Posts: 32
    I checked the FX45 out last night at a local dealership. No test drive as it was late and I wanted to get home. Couple comments:

1) Its smaller than I thought. Its actually 2-3" shorter than my A6. I think the 20" wheel and aggressive stance give it a large appearance.

2) Seeing it from the front and rear live is a treat. I conveys a strong sense of presence.

3) My dealer had 10 (35s and 45s) in stock which surprised me. I thought they would be taking orders hand over fist.

4) Sat Radio (XM or Sirius) is not available yet per the dealer. Is that true?

5) Disappointed by the interior. Coming from the A6 which is very friendly in the inside, the FX is sterile. I also don't like the seat controls on the top of the seat. Either I will be hitting that moving around or I'll be playing with my seat in traffic.

6) Loved the manual adjustable Xenon lights. Also like the fact that the rear seats can recline.

7) Lastly, I almost pulled the trigger, but I'm concerned around reliability the first year out. Anyone have thoughts on that?
  • stockeystockey Member Posts: 40
    Don't worry about the reliability,infiniti's are more reliable than Audi,BMW.
    I don't understand Infinities low resale value either. My TL-S is a year older and has double the mileage of my wife's G35 but it's worth more!! I know this because I've been checking on the values in case I decide to trade one in on a FX45 or similar vehicle.

I think Nissan suffers from being perceived as the 3rd best Japanese manufacturer eventhough I feel that their products are equal if not better than Honda's or Toyota's. I think that due to this perception, it seems that Nissan is more likely to discount their products than Honda or Toyota. Also, Honda does not have fleet sales, e.g. for car rental companies and Toyota, I believe, does this in limited numbers. Nissan, however, does a lot of fleet sales. I actually look for Nissans when I rent a car since I know they will be the best vehicles in the lot.

Regarding the G35, in the U.S., Kelly Blue Book (KBB) has announced a forecast of 10 vehicles that would hold their value better in the next 10 years. The Infiniti G35 was one of the 10. I hope this holds true since I think that the G35 is a better car than the TL-S (not meaning to start a G35 vs. TL-S discussion here).
    Don't worry about the reliability,infiniti's are more reliable than Audi,BMW.

I wholeheartedly agree!
  • sunilbsunilb Member Posts: 407
    It'll take a while for Nissan/Infiniti to turn around their low resale value problem. Due to many years of poor design (aesthetics) and deep discounting... it could take them several years for the seeds of their latest efforts to bear fruit. Goshn [sp?] seems to have a plan and is executing it quite well!

Personally, I'm a big fan of the models that N/I is turning out (even if they are using one engine in 80% of their vehicles ;)

Now, the question--
    The wife wants a SUV-type vehicle (e.g., Lexus RX), I want a sportier car (G35 coupe)... is the solution [compromise] to get the FX, or is better to get one of our cars now and then save up for the other car?

Definitely a personal call, but I'd be interested in hearing other people's opinions.
    (We did test drive a FX35 and liked it quite a bit-- it didn't exhibit any body roll! The only things I didn't like were the lack of a manual transmission, and the 3.5 engine seemed like it wasn't the best for this size [weight] of a vehicle)
  • golfgod2golfgod2 Member Posts: 53
    If the FX35 is sporty enough for you, I say go for it. However, if you really want the G35 coupe, I'd say wait and get what you really want -pricing will get better by then anyway. Now, if you wife LIKES the FX and you can still get your G35 in a reasonable time frame, that's not a bad solution either. In case you didn't know, a new RX is on the way.
    For those of you lucky enough to work for an employer that participates in the Nissan Vehicle Purchase Plan, the FX35/45 is eligible. Here is an example of approximately how much an FX35 AWD would cost via VPP purchase:

Vehicle Description Invoice Price
    2003 Infiniti FX35 4dr All-wheel Drive Base 32,616.00
    Options
    Premium Package 2,240.00
    Sport Package 1,121.00
    Roof Rails 259.00
    Cross-Bars 191.00

Total of Options 3,811.00
    Total of Base Vehicle and Options 36,427.00

Total of Base Vehicle and Options 36,427.00
    Nissan Vehicle Purchase Plan Discount (3.58%) (1,304.09)
    Subtotal (Dealer Net Price) 35,122.91
    Dealer Delivery Fee (2.5%) 878.07
    Selling Price after NVPP 36,000.99
    Destination Charge 545.00
    Final Cost to Customer 36,545.99

MSRP:$40,665 -- a difference of $4,119.01.
  • rainmeisterrainmeister Member Posts: 3
    Crikey, is the VPP discount rate the same for all cars? I'm thinking of getting the FX35 w/ Tech package.
  • thomsensthomsens Member Posts: 2
    When I bought my last car, I opted for black leather instead of "Cinnamon" which is similar to the Brick color in the FX45. I wanted to consider the DG/brick combo on an FX45 this time. The willow is nice, but will get too dirty and the black is black.

I saw Brick for the first time yesterday and I have some concerns - I only peered through a window, however. The "grain" looked contrived. Is it as "fake" looking as it appeared through the window? If a car is cheap, that's ok, but this is supposed to be a luxury vehicle. I'm not sure it looks natural enough. Also, while I like the brick leather, I could do without the orange plastic and carpets.

And the final question...do you think it will affect resale further? If I get this vehicle and figure out that I'm not a big fan, I don't want to take a further bath because I chose an unpopular color.

Anyone have additional thoughts on this?
  • zeframzefram Member Posts: 6
    I test drove the FX35 with sport package(20" wheels & sports suspension) yesterday. Very impressive. I put a refundable deposit down on it yesterday with delivery mid March. I was(still am) leaning toward a RX330 but the FX35 had the options & color I wanted(Laser red exterior/brick & black leather interior). I guess there are pros & cons to both. I have been a loyal Toyota owner for 15 years. I love the reliability and was wondering how Infiniti rates. Another good problem, I can get the Infiniti below invoice with the VVP(vechicle purchase program) through my company. I will be saving over $4,000!!! Not quite sure what to do. I'm sure I'll never get a RX330 for $36,000. I wish the Infiniti got a little gas milage(16/22).
  • zeframzefram Member Posts: 6
    Actually, I like the brick color. As you said, the willow will get dirty and I swore I'd never get another black interior. It is hot in the summer and it shows every bit of lint, dust, etc. I guess that only leaves brick. I think the liquid copper exterior is more trendy then the brick interior. IMO.
  • monet5monet5 Member Posts: 32
    I finally had a test drive Saturday - FX35 w/ Tech. I'm going to go against the norm here and post some <slightly> negative comments:

1) Style - I like it. My girlfriend did not. Her comment was harsh in saying it looked like a PT Cruiser on steroids. My concern is will I love the style in 12 months or will I get tried of it. Its certainly different.

2) Interior - The seats had a good snug feel, but thought that the dials, gauges and switches felt cheap. Infiniti needs to look at MB, Audi and BMW for the tacit feel that controls need to give. I would prefer wood trim over the aluminum, but that's just personal preference.

3) Ride - Its was rough. While I understand I'm driving a sports car in SUV clothing, many models in this range offer adjustable suspensions. Infiniti should also because simply driving around town in stop and go is tiring. Don't get me wrong when I hit the in ramp and punched it the car didn't sway at all. It was a great feeling, but the Lexus RX330 will have adjustable suspension and for this price Infiniti should also - at least on the FX45.

4) I looked at the FX45 and I think Infiniti needs to do something to distinguish the 45 from the 35 w/ sport. I'm not sure that the $5K - $7K difference is worth it for just ~40hp.

5) What is with the manual adjustments for the Xenon lights? Everything else in this price range has auto-leveling.

Net:Net - I'm still interested, but want to want until the RX330 comes out.
    The VPP discount rate is 4.3% for Nissan vehicles and 3.58% for Infiniti vehicles. Both carry a 2.5% dealer fee. I've bought one vehicle via VPP and it was the best and most painless car purchase that I ever did.
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Member Posts: 619
    It would be nice if the FX45 offerred adjustable firmness on the suspension. This RX330 doesn't offer this, though. It offers adjustable HEIGHT, not firmness.
  • phastphilphastphil Member Posts: 22
    Took a test drive in a FX-35, Tech Pkg. First impression coming out of the dealer lot on to bumpy street was a lot of jittery movement, ala the X5 when I test drove it. Smoothed out pretty good once we got past the bumpy road. Others have commented on the jittery suspension, I agree.

Nice resonant sound from the exhaust, good tactile feedback from front wheels, steering nicely weighted, maybe a tad heavy...need more time behind wheel (like a year or two...I hope). Had enough room for our needs, drop the seats if I need more.

Front seats very comfortable, pretty supportive, nice adjustments, and I happen to like the top mounted controls second to only the MB door mounted ones. Back seats fairly comfortable, but much better than current SUVs(RX, ML X5 etc). One note: Using the driver's auto seat entry feature (moves the seat back) reduced the rear seat leg room drastically for anyone sitting back there. So, let your rear driver passenger out FIRST before pulling the key - otherwise crushed knees :-( (Asked salesman why there was no rear legroom, he didn't have a clue that the seat had moved back, gave every excuse - just didn't know- smuck)

FX-35 V6 seemed responsive and had what seemed like a fair amount of power (again compared to similarly equipped ML and RX, mabye NOT X5). Didn't want to drive the FX45, out of my price range and drooling looks pretty silly on a 50+ year old guys with a beard! Limited body roll, very firm (maybe a little too much, time will tell). Low step in, great for my 5'1" wife who we stranded in an H2 at the last auto show).

I'm a gadget freak, so there seemed like lots of stuff to keep me busy pushing twisting etc, radio/stereo sounded very nice, Bose always a trusted name in audio, and the front mounted 6 disk unit much more convenient than trunk mounted versions. Sat radio option not ready yet, April they tell me, and I'm assuming it is just a plug in when available. There is a SAT button on radio already (display says NO SAT when pushed).

This is NOT your soccer mom's SUV, and that is one of the most appealing things I like. We are empty nesters, grown kid, but need more than a sedan for weekend errands, Home Depot runs, etc. Other car MB convertible, so we need a 4 place car/SUV for Saturday night dinner with another couple, and this fits the bill to a "T". I was not happy with the image of an RX, or a MB-ML and the X5 was out of my price range. I think this is exactly what I wanted. Still want to see VW Toureg, but have already eliminated the Volvo - underpowered, soccer mom image. Thought I might have to buy two vehicles, sports sedan and SUV, but the FX appears to have satisfied both needs.

Also, not impressed with residual numbers posted here. Might have to lease just to be sure I don't get hurt (I hate leases). X5 (3.0) back a few months had a 62% residual on a 36 month lease, very impressive (MB ML was the same). FX residual makes me very nervous!

So to set the record straight, the Murano is built on the Altima chassis, the FX on the FM (350Z, G35 etc) chassis. Sorry, BIG difference.

I'm going to find another dealer to take a test drive, need more time behind the wheel with different types of roads, speed etc. Also need to get wife's blessing (I'm not stupid, just cautious)and her input on color. I like the silver with black.

I think sweet spot: FX-35, Sport Pkg, probably a 35K vehicle? What have other paid (if you don't mind saying).
    If your employer participates in the Nissan Vehicle Purchase Plan, then you can get the FX with Sport PKG on VPP for around $36545.99 +TTL.
    Crikey, thanks for info, I found some info on the web about the VPP, but it appears you must be affiliated with Nissan or do business with them to get the discount. Do I have that right?
    Yup, that's about right. If you're unsure if your employer participates, try calling the VPP toll-free number and find out.
  • bomcqbomcq Member Posts: 7
    Driving FX 35 with Sport package for 2 weeks (Graphite with Brick interior). Drove last Friday 5 hours through a raging blizzard. Handles great.

Getting used to engine noise, but the ride is harsh, even compared to other high performance vehicle I own. We (it's my wife&#146;s car) never really wanted the sport suspension, but it came with the sport package. I'm going to check the tire pressure and then see if there are any option to soften when I bring it in for 3750mi. It's the only sour note in an otherwise great vehicle.

One other embarrassing but curious note. Started the FX up one mourning in New Hampshire(-6F) to warm up, got out to scrape windows and found myself locked out with motor running. Luckily my wife had the wallet key. Couldn't duplicate it. If you try to lock the doors manual with the door open it won't lock. Hmm.

Still waiting for accessories to show up from the factory (winre floor mats, tow hitch).

bomcq (aka bomcq)
  • beanboybeanboy Member Posts: 442
    Weighs the least of the models and is RWD. Without the sports package the ride might not be too bad. Hmmm...

-B
  • wstehwsteh Member Posts: 8
    The 2WD FX35 with the 18" wheels and without the sport suspension is my favorite. The ride and handling are very similar to my Lexus GS300.

However, since I really want the intelligent cruise and need the DVD navigation system, I'm stuck with the 20" wheels and the sport suspension included in the technology package.

I'm getting closer to ordering a FX35 or maybe even the FX45 and am hoping to get the dealer to swap the 20" wheels for the 18" wheels from another FX on the lot.
    I thought I read somewhere that ALL the suspensions were the same on the various FX models. However, the 20" monster wheels might have something to do with harsher ride. The ride was the first thing I noticed when I test drove it a few weeks ago (FX35 Technology). With the 20" tires, there not much rubber in the sidewalls.
    Sport Package includes:

· 8-spoke, 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with 265/50R20 V-rated all-season tires
    · Sport-tuned suspension
    · Drilled aluminum pedals with rubber grips

From this, I would say that the FX has different suspensions.
    Yup, does look like they have firmed things up on the Sports pkg. Now that I recall, it was a 350Z article that I read that indicated the same suspension on all those models. Like most new cars, things get tweaked the first year as they get more street reports.
  • airmaticairmatic Member Posts: 54
    my wife's ML320 was in for the B Check at Laguna Niguel MB, so I decided to drive by Mission V Infiniti. I've been really interested in the FX35 (i'd already test-driven it many times), but I wanted my wife to try it out.

she loved it. we had an obsidian black FX35 RWD with graphite leather. premium pacakge. she said it drove better than her previous BMW's. after telling her how harsh the sport suspension was, she wanted to try it out. a titanium silver/willow FX35 AWD w/ sport, and she didn't find it worth while. the sport pedals to different, the wheels to big (compared to her 16 inchers on the ML), and the suspension way to hard (worse than the airmatic suspension on MAX setting).

anyways, the salesman there told us that it was worthwhile to pay the small difference and get the AWD version. I was ready to make a deposit on a FX35 AWD Premium package w/ roof rails, except for one problem; i don't know what color to get. I like brilliant silver/willow combination, and my wife likes black/graphite color. she doesn't mind having silver outside, and I don't mind black outside. we are absolutely stuck on the outside color.

as for inside, if we get silver, should we opt for graphite, or willow? I am only worried that if it is willow, my children's feet will dirty the light-colored carpets.

oh, and one more thing. if you see the black dashboard, while the seats are willow, is that the willow/graphite combination?

my wife's lease on her '99 ML is up in less than 90 days, and I am stuck on color combinations. help...
  • airmaticairmatic Member Posts: 54
    i forgot one thing...

on the FX35, can you get 18" chrome wheels? i have been thinking that if i am going to get black outside, I may as well get chrome to add more to the looks. i don't know how much more it will cost.

amd by the way, the dealership quoted me $650 a month for AWD, ($623 RWD) on a 36-month lease, annual mileage under 12,000.
  • itchingitching Member Posts: 12
    this suv is not for everybody the 20" rims that comes with the sport pckg.& standard on fx45 makes the sport truck what it is(gorgeous) not forgetting 280h/p! oh yea almost forgot obsidian exterior w/graphite thats right black on black yea baby!!!!
    don't lease
  • jkmfromlajkmfromla Member Posts: 22
    I think the difference between a comparably equippedx FX45 (premium package) and FX35 (sport package)is around $6K. This seems a little high. I realize the FX35 and FX45 are 2 different models and not an upgraded version of the same car, but $6K for a bigger engine seems a little steep. I think the 45 offers a little more in terms of standard equipment, but is it worth it?
  • obiwankenobi1obiwankenobi1 Member Posts: 290
    No FX45 RWD version, only an AWD. FX variants as follows (most expensive to cheapest):

FX-45 (AWD)
    FX-35 (AWD)
    FX-35 (RWD)

Hope this helps

Obi
    jkmfromla this is itchingfromny my opinion is if i had the dough id go for it (but dont) theres a bit more then just engine,by the waypick up car & driver mag.so you can understand $worth$ by comparing bmw4.6 & ml55 oh yea the cayenne s model is slower anyway good luck in your choice
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    I know that this isn't the forum for this,so I don't want to belabor this. But, is it not true that Renault owns most of Infiniti's parent co., Nissan? Is it also true that the French govt. owns most of Renault? If so, I'm not happy I contributed to the French govt., whom I'm not currently happy with, when I bought my G35.
  • revkarevka Member Posts: 1,750
    To carnaught- You're correct, this is not the right forum for your question. Feel free to continue your subject in an appropriate discussion on our News & Views board. To start, here's If Renault comes back to USA.

To everyone - Please also be aware that off topic messages are subject to automatic deletion. For further clarification on this matter, please refer to our Town Hall Member Agreement.

And let's get back to the subject of the Infiniti FX45 / FX35. Thanks!

Revka
    Hatchbacks & Wagons Host
  • phillyburbsphillyburbs Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up my FX35 AWD last night from the Mainline Infiniti in Ardmore, PA.
    Silver exterior, black interior, premium package, roof rack/rails, and splash guards.
    Looks sharp! A real eye catcher.
    Great vehicle but a minor disappointment -
    the rear middle seat and back had a lot of indentations in the leather ... as if there was packaging between the seats. Dealer says it will take some time for the leather to soften up to get rid of the indentations. Did anyone else have this problem?
    The FX is great - love driving it. I'm getting used to the small view in the back when looking in the rear view mirror. The audio controls on the steering wheels are an excellent addition since it allows you to control the volume and well as switch from CD to radio.
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    sounds like maybe a car seat was installed for a test drive they should go away.
  • revkarevka Member Posts: 1,750
    on your new FX35! Sounds really nice....

If you're not satisfied with the leather seats, you should ask your dealer to either repair or switch them out. At the very least, make sure they document the problem now, and commit to fixing it if doesn't smooth out within a given period of time. My 2 cents.

Good luck, and please keep us posted on your FX35 experience. ;-)

Revka
    Hatchbacks & Wagons Host
  • phillyburbsphillyburbs Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advice. I'm going to take it to the service dept tomorrow to see if they can replace the back seat.
    It wasn't a car seat because there are so many irregular identations in different directions. Appears as though it was some packing material stuffed into the seat ... just my guess.
  • dalerb1dalerb1 Member Posts: 5
    I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to discuss what the cost to insure a new FX45 has turned out to be.

I've been thinking about getting one, so I called my insurance company to find out how my current rate would change. They didn't have the FX45 model in their system, so they were only able to quote me based on the MSRP. The result was about $400/year more than I am paying now. And I am in Los Angeles, which is not an inexpensive place to insure a car, and am driving a 1999 GS300, which is not an inexpensive care to insure!

Does this sound reasonable?
  • stheodd1stheodd1 Member Posts: 18
    Am taken with the FX! Has anyone seen performance specs on the FX35 vs the FX45. 0-60 times for both. Seems to me that the 35 has a ton of hp let alone going to the 45. Tried doing a comparison on the Infiniti web site, they don't even have it listed yet!
    Any info appreciated!
  • aftyafty Member Posts: 499
    Car and Driver tested the FX45 last month. Here is a link to the article:
    http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/roadtests/2003/februa- ry/0302_roadtest_fx45.xml

Peformance specs:
    0-60: 6.3 sec
    1/4-mile: 15.0 sec @ 93 mph
    Skidpad: 0.87g
  • laterldflaterldf Member Posts: 37
    After test driving and being impressed with the FX35, I was greatly surprised at the decision of Nissan/Infiniti to bundle and limit your options, especially the tech package which you have to buy if you want the nav system. I don't want/need the "intelligent cruise control, 20" wheels, sport suspension or the DVD entertainment system" which is included in the bundled tech package. Very poor planning on Infiniti's part in my opinion. Plus you can't even order an FX configured to your choice(s).
    I voted with my moving feet and closed wallet.
    later, ldf looking elsewhere
  • kaysidkaysid Member Posts: 46
    I too am very interested in the exact performance specs of the fx35. All the magazines & reviews are focused on the fx45. Considering the not so significant hp difference and the extra weight of the fx45, I'm hoping the fx35 is fairly competitive with it?
    can somebody anybody you dealerships who i hope read this tell us the 1/4mi. & 0to60 difference from the 45 to the 35 verry curious thanks!
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,726
    It's early, but maybe some of the early adopters here could describe their mpg to date (FX35 & FX45). Hey, I'm a child of the 70's "gas crisis" so I'm always curious about mpg...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    Is it just me or does the hood look huge from the driver's seat? It's look looking at an airplane runway. It's very long and it doesn't seem to have much slope to it. Reminds me of mid-70's Monte Carlo hood view.