Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35

Comments

• I was also debating the sport package, so I drove both...twice. There was only a marginal difference in the ride quality. I did notice a little more road noise with the larger tires, but again, not enough to make a big difference. The sport package is well worth the price. The wheels look great, and so does the aluminum roof rails, and taillight accents new for 05 with sport. I LOVE my FX!!!! Only complaint is gas mileage. My average is 13.7 city. Hopefully that will improve once it's broken in.
  • dantedante Posts: 92
    Don't complain, the way I drive, I am only getting about 8 in the city (my wife gets 18 so that should tell you who has a lead foot...). Yes, the FX35 is awesome. When I walk up to the car I cannot stop admiring the lines, design, etc... Should be at the MOMO Museum of Art. Jon.
  • kd270kd270 Posts: 23
    Iam looking to lease the new fx35 with the tour package and was just wanting to know when is the best time to do so wait alittle longer since the summer is coming or take advantage now. also most ppl were complaining about the sport pack bec of the wheels and that its a rougher ride does anyone have any comments on that. other than that if any1 got a good deal in Brooklyn please let me kno where from. lastly I want to get a 2 year lease i noticed that theres a big price difference and was wondering why.. what should my residual value be if i go with the 2year. here is the quote i got for the 2 year $ 520 including tax per month 12000 miles/yr . Zero dwn payment and just have to pay 1st month and the bank fee. the 3year was $485. any comments? any feedback about the car or anything else please post here or email me at selldaworldhotmail.com thanks
  • Hi i was wonder any information regarding to Infinity FX35 for 2006. I have not seen any info regarding to this, but heard rumors about higher class interior, inculded navigation and little tweak in design. Any information would be greatful. Thank you
    -steven
  • No more remote parking. Logon to Grubbs Infiniti in Dallas and purchase the FX35 moldings.

If you don't like theirs, do what I did (before Grubbs offered any). Purchase the G35 Coupe moldings and cut them to fit. You will need to purchase 3 sets since you will need 3 long pieces - 2 for the front doors and cut the 3rd for the rear doors.
  • rollbarrollbar Posts: 297
    $100 for ding removal, that sounds like a good price. Who did you use, Roll?

I'm in central Ohio, (Columbus). I let the Dealer take care of it, (needed the loaner and had other work done). They used The Dent Wizard I believe. Two dings, one medium and one small, for the C note.

Roll
  • duffer7duffer7 Posts: 17
    I just had a serious problem with my ignition switch. The key went in OK, but I could not turn it -- or withdraw it ! I did all the obvious things like put my foot on the brake and juggle the shift into park, attempt to turn the steering wheel, lock & unlock the doors with the keyfob --- to no avail.
    After several minutes of panic ( I was in the real boonies of North Carolina when it occurred ) suddenly the key turned and everything has been fine since.

I seem to remember a message several months ago about other FX owners having this problem also. Can anyone tell me what to do when this happens again ? AND IT WILL --- at the worst possible time.
    This could be quite dangerous under certain circumstances.
    I have the tech pkg and so don't use a key but I also had a similar difficulty due to a different problem.

I discovered you can lock the vehicle with the transmitter lying on the back seat but you can't unlock the vehicle, which does not make sense to me. If the transmitter is close enough to activate the locking system why wouldn't it also unlock the door.

My wife had to come rescue me for which I will pay dearly for about 14 days on a regular basis and then about 2 years periodically as she needs.
  • slummyjslummyj Posts: 57
    I had a similar problem (I have the tech package) when I had a valet park the car using the key. I could not get the key to turn or unlock, but the seat and steering wheel did adjust. I finally had to call Infiniti and they towed the car in. The tow truck driver called us on my cell phone while we were taking a cab home. He got it to start using the technique described in his owner's manual for a Chevy. It had something to do with putting the key in the door lock and turning it a certain number of times, and someother things I don't remember. When I mentioned this to the dealer and also emailed Infiniti, no one knew what I was talking about and had no idea what he did. It was interesting that when we were at the restaurant, the valet said sometimes Infinitis were hard to start. The next time we went to that restaurant, we parked the car ourselves in their ramp. Again it was hard starting but it did eventually start and run okay. I wonder if they have a security system or something that interferes with the security codes on the keys. I have not taken the car back to that restaurant since the second episode.
  • lugnutzlugnutz Posts: 1
    No offense, but what were you guys smoking? Anyone who studied thermodynamics will tell you that you imagined this extra power. Gasoline has the same heat energy, no matter what octane rating it is. The hydrocarbon formulation to get 87, 89, 91, is used to prevent premature detonation. Knocking. This of course occurs in high compression engines. Putting premium 91 octane in your FX will NOT give you more horsepower, nor torque, nor gas mileage.

Now, the caveat. The FX35 has 10.3:1 compression ratio. That's "high compression". What you MIGHT have experienced is this. The FXs that were running on 87 octane were running a little less power, about 10HP if I had to put a number on it. This is purely because the engine has a knock sensor that retared the spark timing. So the combustion was actually occurring on the piston downstroke. The ECU smartly prevented the knocking. And it was producing less power.

Bottom line, it was engine management. The high octane fuel itself does NOT make more power.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    Anyone who studied thermodynamics will tell you that you imagined this extra power. Gasoline has the same heat energy, no matter what octane rating it is.

I don't think it's quite that simple. Gasolines with the same octane rating can have different energy content. The octane rating depends on the specific combination of aromatics (toluene, benzene, xylene, etc.) and energy content will vary with the blend. What matters in terms of "performance" is the tuning of the engine. It's best to go by the manufacturer's recommendations since most engines are optimized for a particular range of octane values. Nevetheless, your conclusion is correct that changing the octane rating of the fuel you put into your vehicle does not have much or any bearing on useful power output.

tidester, host
  • kd270kd270 Posts: 23
    is this price good 500 a month no dwn payment on a 2 year lease for the Fx35 all wheel with touring packge what should the risidual value be? thanks
  • suvindcsuvindc Posts: 16
    I'm torn between the nicer look of the sport package or the smoother, better in snow touring package. I live in DC so managing between the months of December through February is very important.

Anyone care to help me decide?
  • dantedante Posts: 92
    I have the Sport. Get the Touring. If you want a cushier ride. Jon.
  • fx35awdfx35awd Posts: 218
    I would go with the touring package, I think the 18" looks nice enough already. I couldn't give up comfort. I heard or actually have read the past on comments on this forum that the 18" handles better on the snow than the 20". So I would think this is a safety issue as well so I would go with the smaller size rim. I have 18" on mine now and I do get compliment regarding how aggressive they look. Anyways, good luck.

Peter
    I agree with the post above. I got the 18s and have not regreted it. Snow handling has been just fine, even when we got dumped on, (Central Ohio). I considered winter tires but I don't think you need them.

I run 29 pounds cold to help soften the ride a bit and still have trouble with a full cup of coffee. The 20s would be worse. I tested the 20s over a weekend and found them just a little to harsh for me on a rough road. They all run smooth on nice new pavement of course so if you test a set of 20s or 18s make sure you have a cup of coffee in the cupholder and look for some bumpy roads.

Roll
    One more thing. If you like the pedals and roof rack that come with the sport package but don't want the 20 in wheels, you can add the pedals for about $60 yourself. You can add the roof rack too but I don't know the price of the rack.

Roll
    Thanks for the input. I've decided to go with the touring over the sport but I do want (no...need) the navigation system. Trouble is it's nearly impossible to find it in black on black in the DC/VA/Md area and I know if I get black on willow (the only combo left) I will regret it for the remainder of my ownership.
    Well...look on the bright side, in the summer months it will not be as hot when you sit on the willow leather as oppose to black leather. Also, it might save you some money on the use of the AC.
  • ltmarksltmarks Posts: 28
    I have black on willow and think it looks very nice. Navigation is actually a let down compared to other manufacturers, you're better off getting one off the shelf if you need it.

One final piece of advice- stay away from Jim Coleman Infiniti in Bethesda.
    Navigation.

I got the tech pkg. The rear camera is a life saver and I enjoy the keyless ignition. I had the car for months before I discovered you could actually insert a key in the flip panel on the start knob.

As for Nav I like the infinity system but agree it lacks some routine features. The major two items I would like to see is the street number of the road I am currently on and a display of the name of the next cross road. Both of these display on my Street Pilot III although I do like the birdseye view in the infinity. SPIII does not have that view.

Question on Nav. Are updates available? I have an early 2004 model and have discoved some roads in my area are not displayed on the Infinity Nav.

Roll
    Just wondering how the three choices are holding up.

I went with the copper thinking it was different, it had a nice combination of copper and black, and also seemed to be a little more heavier than the others. It does have a raised surface a lot like a basketballs surface but softer.

I had heard the Willow wears faster and the black is somewhere in between but these were just comments made to me or that I read and not supported by any real experience I gathered at the time.

So after 30 K miles the copper is holding up well but where I get in and out I think it's just a little softer than areas that are rarely touched. No color fade that I can tell. Also occasionally the seat controls on the right side of the seat surface bother me. Not all the time, but sometimes. I usually have to slide around to get comfortable. The location is unique but I'd rather they had put the controls on the door frankly.

Roll
  • texasfx35texasfx35 Posts: 65
    Nav system updates for the FX are available through Zenrin (http://www.zenrin.com). They are not cheap so you have to figure what knowing where every new street is worth to you.
    I checked the site suggested and did find the updates. They offer 6.3 now and will have 6.4 out in November. Cost is $185. That's typical for updated GPS maps, at least from my Mapsource experience. It would be nice if they discounted an update at they got closer to the release date of the next version, but they don't.

The rep thinks I may already have 6.3 in my 2004 FX, (took delivery in Dec of 2003). I'll need to eject the disk to check it he claims. If they update every year it seems I would have 6.2 but we'll see.

Roll
    Thanks all. I've got two NoVa dealers against one another. One is trying to get the Tech/Touring black on black shipped but can't give me a number until he knows how much it's going to cost them to get it. The other is nervous I will go with them so he is offering me a 36-month lease for $450, $2600 down, Tech/Touring included, black/willow.

Should I bite?
    Well, let me ask you this, will you buy the car after the three year lease is over? If so, the I think you should wait and get the black on black. Now, is three year lease is a long time for you or you think the three year period will go by fast. If you think it will go buy fast then just get the black on willow. I guess what I am trying to convey is buy the car that you like, but if you have to settle for second best then make sure the time of ownership is short . I hope that help.
    I have not kept up with going prices and lease rates but $450 a month for three years sounds good to me.

Roll
  • flipper6flipper6 Posts: 30
    "Putting premium 91 octane in your FX will NOT give you more horsepower, nor torque, nor gas mileage."

"So the combustion was actually occurring on the piston downstroke. The ECU smartly prevented the knocking. And it was producing less power"

I am confused. It seems in one sentence you are saying increased octane will not increase power and later you explain why lower octane will decrease power. Even though the lower power is occurring from the retarding of the spark, the lesser power was indirectly related to the octane. Help me out here.
  • mick3mick3 Posts: 7
    Months ago, I saw these online for order. Does anyone know where you can get these online now?
  • texasfx35texasfx35 Posts: 65
    You can find these at grubbsperformance.com. They have a pretty good selection of OEM and aftermarket parts for Infiniti and Nissan.