Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• lookin4saharalookin4sahara Member Posts: 53
    Hi everyone........I may have found something that everyone will be interested in. It is a fuel atomizer and will save everyone $$$$. Check out this website and post what you think.

http://www.USaveGas.org/index.html

I think it certainly deserves consideration but I have to do more research on the effects on the engine.

• dwranglerdwrangler Member Posts: 127
    Ok, so there won't be anymore anniversary edition or equivalent in the future...now what? Will there be any way to get a sport and get as close as I can to the anniversary edition and the Sahara? I know that the color matching flares only come standard on the Sahara as well as the 30's but can I get a black Sport to look as close to the anv. or Sahara? I'm trying to find a way to get my new baby in addition to finding a new job. Any ideas? Oops, I didn't realize it was this late. Gotta go for now.

dwrangler

hug all of your jeeps for me ;)
  • yellowmanyellowman Member Posts: 209
    Hey all

I just got back from a weekend in Boston, I was there for a friend's wedding. Saw some TJ's over there and I noticed that many of them had a "TJ" decal over the word "Wrangler" on the side. I had never seen that on any Jeep here in L.A. - is that an East Coast thing? Or are people putting that on themselves?

yellowman
  • tsjaytsjay Member Posts: 4,591
    You've been awful quiet lately! Glad you're back.

Those Jeeps that have the TJ emblem are from Canada, I believe. I think that's what they put instead of "Sport" on the ones built for Canada.

tsjay

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
  • madman390madman390 Member Posts: 72
    Just wanted to drop in and let everybody know that my Jeep has been taken out of storage and put into KZ status. Unfortunately, I won't be leaving Japan for another 3 weeks, and even worse, I won't be able to pick it up till 31 July!!

But the time is passing quickly. And before long, I'll be cruising around Montgomery AL in a brand new Wrangler. Can't wait.

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody for posting often and keeping it interesting. I'm living vicariously through all of you!!

Madman
  • twylietwylie Member Posts: 619
    lookin - I'm skeptical about this gas saver thing. It may make some sense for a carbourated vehicle, but fuel injection does the same thing and atomized fuel is atomized fuel. Plus... if they can't afford to host their product on a website without a zillion pop up banner ads, it raises credibility issues with the company in my book. My suggestion for better mileage is drop in a K&N filter, use synthetic oil, and most importantly DRIVE SLOWER with a light right foot. Jeeps will never get good mileage, but you can't take a Honda offroad either!

dwrangler - you could ask if your dealer will make you a "hybrid" similar in appearance to the 60AE. You could buy a Sport and a set of Sahara flares, and then have the dealer paint the flares to match the color of your Sport. I saw a TJ the other day where the owner had painted their mirrors the same color as their Jeep. Not my cup of tea, but it looked factory.

yellowman - good to hear from you again. tsjay hit it on the head about the TJ stickers. I think that in Canada, someone else was selling a vehicle under the model name of Wrangler, so Jeep couldn't use it in that country.

madman - getting close... I know everyone is psyched for you to get that new Jeep and trek across country in it.

-twylie
    Your right about the pop up adds, definitely annoying. I also agree with you that atomized fuel is atomized fuel. Now I am no mechanic, so I'll give this my best shot. From what I understand about injectors is that they inject a mixture of gas vapor and liquid gas into the intake manifold. The more the vapor, the better the gas mileage. An additional atomizer may increase that vapor even further. Plus this atomizer claims (I know, I know) that is collects the emissions and hyrdo-carbons that normally pass through the PVC valve to be reburned, into a chamber therefore keeping everything a little cleaner. I am skepical also, but I still think it is worth looking into. I do a lot of driving and every little bit helps. I was also planning on installing a K&N filter.
  • davidb72davidb72 Member Posts: 174
    Picking up this Satruday. Amber Fire Sport. 5 Speed, Air, Cruise, Sentry Key, Dual Top, Deep Tint, 30" Tire, Floor Mats, Trac-Loc, 25D Package. I think that's it. It's just about how I'd want it if I ordered it. Wish me luck, still thinking of a name...
  • mac24mac24 Member Posts: 3,910
    Even if you ignore the annoying popups, the poor grammar, the spelling mistakes, and the fallacious explanations, do you really want to deal with a company that only warranties their product if you sign an application IN THEIR OFFICE (which appears to be a PO Box in Floyd,VA)!!! In fact you can't actually buy the product. You have to join the "Auto Super Club" for $155.95 and you then receive the gas saver as a free gift. Hmmm.....

Anyway, here's a link to that order form:

http://www.usavegas.org/application.html

Sorry to be a wet blanket lookin4sahara, but you're going to have a long search for the 'holy grail' of motoring :-)

• saharanutsaharanut Member Posts: 134
    Dwrangler..

Sure you can specaial order a sport to look like a 60AE..

Black..(to match fender flares)

Agate Interior

D package

A/C

Floor mats

Fog lamps/tow hooks

AM/FM CD with sub

Speed control

30" canyon tire group

convience group I

convience group

Dark tint...

then check out this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=592539596&r=0&t=0

then you will have your own 60AE

Yellowman..you can order the TJ emblems to replace the Wrangler on the side from

http:///www.4wd.com

they are about 9.00 each

or your dealer can order them. I have the order # if you want.

Got Jeep?

Snut

http://wwwitsajeep.org/public/tazz.htm

sounds like a great Jeep. Be sure to post pics when you get it. I haven't seen any Amber Fire w/ the Canyon wheels yet!

-twylie
  • mtngalmtngal Member Posts: 1,911
    Thanks for posting a place where to get those TJ decals. I was in Canada this spring and really liked them. Definitely unique for So. Cal.
  • saharanutsaharanut Member Posts: 134
    your very welcome mtngal..
    If you want to get them from your dealer the item number they need is 5FE56TA9 (Dark silver)
    5FE56TA2(light silver)

Got Jeep?
    Snut
  • drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    I watched a news programme that did a test on these so called fuel savers. What they found was not only was there no increase in fuel economy, but there was actually a small decrease! Sounds like snake-oil to me! If squeezing a little more mileage from the fuel was that easy, all auto manufacturers would be doing that by now to improve their CAFE ratings in the US.

To add to what Tom has written above about fuel savings, driving above 40mph with the windows down will cause a significant enough drag to noticably decrease fuel economy. It's better to drive with the windows closed and the A/C on at that point, that is of course, if you have the top up ;-)

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
    Hang in there, Old Buddy! Good to hear from you.

It's gonna be even better than you can imagine.

Hope you survive the waiting.

Thanks for your service to our country, and an early welcome home!

tsjay

• sfjeepssfjeeps Member Posts: 66
    The fuel atomizer and magnets and witch craft stuff doesn't work. If you really want to save money on gas for your Jeep TJ is to run 87 octane gas. Your motor is a low compression engine and it doesn't require anything more then that. You will save more fuel then the magnets and atomizer if you change you spark plugs at 15,000 miles, ease up on the throttle and keep the weight down.
    Boy, you guys show no mercy....ouch. I have also heard of the witch craft stories on gas savers. Everything from exhaust systems to filters to this fuel atomizer. And no mac24, I am not looking for the holy grail of motoring. I don't spend time searching for these crazy things. I just happen to stumble across a link to that sight and thought it was interesting.

But I do know one thing, none of us will never know if this is snake oil or the real thing until someone on this board takes a chance. So I guess I'll have to nominate myself as guinea pig. Well not really, but I am trying to talk to one of their magicians at the other end of the 1-800 number. It was busy the two times I tried yesterday.

Now go easy on me......give a guy a break for trying.......
  • madman390madman390 Member Posts: 72
    Tsjay and everybody else:

Like I said before, thanks for all the posting. I am living vicariously through all of you.

And thank you for the note of appreciation and the welcome home. Not to get too far off-topic, but I love my country, and having the chance to "give a little bit back" is something I would not trade for anything in the world. Granted, I have had a relatively easy life (I'm not in Bosnia, Saudi, or a host of other far-away places, well Japan is kinda far). In fact, there was an Army soldier in Bosnia who just stepped on a land mine and lost a foot. And there have been too many others who have made the ultimate sacrifice for the good ole US of A.

Like I said, relatively speaking, I have it pretty easy. But it DOES feel good to know that somebody appreciates what we are doing. Especially with all the press constantly talking about this "division" between the American public and the US military.

It is my job, but more than that, it is my life. And my wife and 2 kids have paid a far greater price than I have. My thanks and appreciation go to them for putting up with all of this. And no, she's not reading this :)

Well, enough about that. I would much rather talk about Jeeps. Sorry this was kinda long, and off topic. I promise to stick to Jeeps in the future.

Madman
  • scomoscomo Member Posts: 39
    The name "Wrangler" is copyrighted in Canada so Jeep sticks to the TJ on the side. I'm in Buffalo and I see TJ'd jeeps all the time because with the exchange rate being great at the present time, it's cheaper to bring one back to the States from Canada than it is to find a good used price over here.

Here's an interesting link about the TJ decal and removing the decals in general.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/tj/decal/decal.htm

Holding out for my 2002 Sport...**sigh**

Scomo

KUDOS to you and everyone in the US military madman390! As an active USN reservist with 13+ yrs active & reserve I know the good, the bad & the ugly overseas and our boys (and girls) are the BEST hands down!! Keep the faith brother!!

Ok, ok, I know I digress a bit....;))

Keep on Jeepin'

Scomo
  • archdluxarchdlux Member Posts: 3
    After reading some posts, I think my fever is getting worse!!...I'm living in Myrtle Beach, SC, and if I'm ever going to drive one of these babies, the time is now. So here goes:
    '98 Sport 4.0 33k miles, 5spd, soft top, silvery-blue, great looking rims (5 holes, name for these?), nice interior package (AC, tilt, cruise, cass only, nice seats and door interior panels, etc.),half doors, looks very clean (especially the top), good paint, new tires, $14,900
    opinions please? anything important to look for or consider on a '98? thanks for the help.
  • potatotoopotatotoo Member Posts: 3
    A posted a little while back that I was looking for an older Wrangler and I think I may have found one.
    I'm going to look at a '93 tonight with auto and 6 cly (I tried an auto with a 4 cyl, not good). It has a 4" lift and 31" tires on it. 80,000 miles, $7800.

Any comments at all would be welcome. Any ideas on what to look out for - especially with the lift - would be useful. I seem to remember reading that lifting can cause problems if it's not done correctly....?

One downer is it has no A/C. With average daily highs here well into the 100s I was wondering what my options were for adding A/C? Is it possible to retrofit 'factory' A/C or a similar aftermarket product?

Thanks!

Steve.
  • notop1notop1 Member Posts: 14
    I'd like to put some side step bars on my new Silverstone TJ. Mopar is really expensive.. $400+, however I have found some nice stainless steel tubes from JC Whitney... these are Steel Horse, 3" stainless with a recessed antiskid pad on the step area. Have no idea what I'm facing as far as drilling into the frame if needed... is this hard? Also, has anyone had experience with these.. do they hold up well... the salesperson suggested stainless over the chrome because they would do better over the long run.
  • scmhockeyscmhockey Member Posts: 45
    If you have a 97 and up, there is no drilling required. I bought the black powder bars from JCWhitney on my 99 last week. You just have to unscrew two bolts on each side and attach the adapters back using the same bolts. It took me about 40 mins total to do both sides.

Good luck
    Stay away from Steel Horse ANYTHING. My own experience & most of all my fellow Jeepers claim Steel Horse to be junk! For sidebars, try Smittybilt of similiar. Quadratec (http://www.quadratec.com) has lots of sidesteps. Some don't even require drillig and take about 30min- 1 hour to install. Some are for looks and some are for strength for things like rockcrawling. Look & shop around.

Scomo
  • sasquatch_2000sasquatch_2000 Member Posts: 800
    at that 97 Sport with 55,000 miles, asking $13,900. I think I might offer $11,500 and meet around maybe $12,200. (sound OK?)

This is the one with half doors, choppy tires (would upsize anyhow. What do you think of 255/75R15 or 265/75R15? or how about 265/70R15?

All these sizes are listed at http://www.tirerack.com/tires/SearchTires.jsp.

The other option is 31/10.50R15, which I have read is the biggest you can put on without a lift kit. Who knows this to be true? What about the "washer trick"? I don't plan on "hardcore" offroading, but do intend to see some beach and trail activity.

It also has chrome side steps.

Can you buy a hardtop to go with half doors? Or should I get full soft doors?

My next thing is to decide whether to add a trailer hitch or for barely more, one of those nice bumpers with built in receiver.

After that, a bike/cooler/lawnchair carrier system. Probably will do the spare tire bike rack with receiver hitch shelf thingy.

Gawd, I haven't even bought the darn thing yet!!!

Decisions decisions.

Hey everyone! Took Thelma today to have some 31 inch tires put on her. I got the 31 x 10.5 BF Goodrich All Terrain TA's, like old Tonkadave did.

I couldn't believe the deal they gave me, and I jumped all over it. It was going to be $641 for five new tires, mounted, balanced, and tax included. I was ready to forget it, but I went to the tire store to let them see what they could allow me on Thelma's 30's for trade in.

The spare was new, and they gave me $95 for it. The four that were on Thelma had 10,500+ miles on them, and they gave me $83 apiece on them!

Bottom line, I got five new 31 x 10.50 BF Goodrich All Terrain TA's mounted, balanced, and tax included for $188.63.

I think they will be great tires, but I haven't driven anywhere except from the tire dealer back to work.

I must admit that I thought they would make a little more difference in Thelma's looks than they did. They definitely look better, but it just isn't as dramatic as I though it would be.

I haven't had a chance to scrub them good and put the armor all on them yet, so maybe that will make a big difference.

tsjay

P.S. Sasquatch.... yes, you can put 31 x 10.5's on a Wrangler without a lift: I just had it done, and Tonkadave had it done on his Tonkajeep when he fist got him.
  • davidb72davidb72 Member Posts: 174
    That's a great website. I looked over it again while I sit here waiting for Saturday! Here's a site of my car, I'm keeping the car and trading in my Ford Ranger-112,000 miles and still going strong!

http://members.cardomain.com/davidb72

I think the car and the Jeep are going to get along just fine. I feel pretty lucky to have two very fun vehicles.

Did you have to get new wheels or did the 30 inchers fit the new tires
    SCOMO - What kind of problems have you had with Steel Horse.... quality of parts? Smitty Built does have the nerf bars, but the ones I saw online were chrome and cost about $50 more than the stainless Steel Horse

SMHOCKEY - are you happy with the Steel Horse bars you installed?
    Kept the good old Canyon wheels. They are 8" wheels and handle the 10.5" wide tires just fine.

tsjay

Man, you are gonna have two "fun" vehicles, aren't you? NICE MIATA!

I'm gonna guess that you will find the Jeep even more fun than the car, but it sure will be nice to have both.

tsjay

• pizzadudepizzadude Member Posts: 35
    Hi everyone,

I've just been catching up on posts and saw somebody mention exhaust systems and gas mileage. I just put a Gibson cat-back on my '00 sahara. I haven't run through a full tank of gas, but I got around 75 miles on the first quarter tank...usually around 65-70 with mix of highway and city. We'll see how it turns out next week when i fill up. THe gibson is much louder than I had expected. It isn't unbearable but noticeable. At highway speeds with the top off it is slightly noticeable at 65mph. I'm curious as to how it will be with the top up, but it's been like 90 this week and since I walk to work now, i don't bother putting it up...cool enough to drive it around in the evenings...

To all PA drivers: Well, Pennsylvania got me...I inspected my new jeep in March 2001, and guess what, I just noticed that my inspection is already due!!!! Apparently the registration sticker date must match the inspection date...Just one more way to get ya I suppose. I have a whole 3 days to get it done. My dealer would do it for free, but I can't get there in time due to the 40 mile drive one way and I work till 5 pm and tuesday is there only night with late garage hours. Oh well...

TSJAY: Did you have to calibrate your speedometer? or aren't you worrying about it...

Guess that's it. Have a good one, everybody.

-pizzadude.
  • pizzadudepizzadude Member Posts: 35
    I found out the hard way that the stock skidplate on the 2000 TJ is actually holding up the ENTIRE drive train...yes, the rear of the engine, tranny (manual) and the xfer case!!! I didn't realize this when I decided to unbolt the plate to ease removal of the old muffler! Luckily, I was able to hold the whole works up with my shoulder and tighten the bolts back up enough to get a jackstand.

I had a ton of fun though...I strongly recommend that everyone do their own work if you have the tools and slight mechanical ability...I am by no means a great mechanic...I will like to think so though in my own little mind. :) You get to know your jeep much better that way.

Alright..I'm outta here.

Keep jeepin'

-pizzadude
  • drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    Hey guys, how about adding the TJ in addition to the Wrangler badge? You know, I never noticed until now (that you guys mentioned it) that we don't have the Wrangler brand name in Canada.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • scmhockeyscmhockey Member Posts: 45
    I think they are just fine. The reason I wanted to get the powder black was because it is a much better rust inhibitor. It did cost a bit more than the regular painted ones, but I think it was worth it. I also got the ones with the step molded in. My wife really likes them, cuz she doesn't have to jump up into the Jeep anymore. If I ever get a lift, or new larger tires, they will come in handy for me as well. I'll tell you guys what I think about them after they have been on a while, or if I have any issues with them.
    No, I didn't have Thelma's speedometer recalibrated. I'll just be aware that I am going about 4% faster than the speedometer shows, and I will allow for it also when I calculate her gas mileage.

By the way, Thelma's gas mileage checked out at 20.1 when I filled her up this afternoon!

tsjay

• mtngalmtngal Member Posts: 1,911
    Thanks for letting me know about the speedometer changes. I've been contemplating those 31 BFG tires, but wanted to know about the changes with the odometer. I don't worry about the speedometer too much 'cause I rarely go fast enough to attract CHP attention, but I do use my odometer all the time for navigating. I often use well documented maps in areas with lots of unmarked roads, and the odometer often is the difference between having a fun trip and getting lost. Guess I'll keep the 30 on - they've been doing the job for a couple of years.

In case anyone is still looking for a '98 Wrangler - if you can, ask about the dash gages. There's a TSB out for a short or loose wiring behind the dash which causes all your gages to go blank. That means no gas gage, no odometer, no speedometer, etc. It's intermittent, which is why I haven't quite gotten around to getting it fixed. Just something to watch out for and get taken care of.
  • ispygatorispygator Member Posts: 14
    anyone have any wrangler year end experience? do you buy now at invoice, or wait till '02s come out in sept? do dealers ever sell into their holdback?

the 1.9% finace rates now go thru july 8th, but guess it may continue given the economy and daimler/chrysler's recent financial woes.

factory hard top with soft top or buy the hardtop elsewhere?

anyone know of feature changes/improvements on the '02s worth waiting for?

thanks for your imput.
    DEFINITELY get the dual top option, if you really want both tops! You'll never get the quality tops for a cheaper price than you get the factory dual top option for.

I don't think they give much of any discounts on left over Jeeps. The current rebate/incentive financing on the 2001's is about all you can expect, plus the fact that you can buy anywhere from invoice to about $200 over.

tsjay

• thebigbird35thebigbird35 Member Posts: 4
    I'm settled on the 2001 Wrangler Sport with soft top. Two things I'm just not sure about: (1) full doors vs. half doors; and (2) the Canyon 30" Tire/Wheel Group vs. the Grizzly Tire/Wheel Group. Would love to hear views on this.
    Hi and welcome!

I have the hard top only, so, naturally, I have the full doors.

If I had it to do over again, I would get the soft top only, and I would get the half doors.

I really didn't think that I would care that much about going topless, but I was WRONG! I think the half doors would be better with the soft top.

Check out my Thelma Jane....

http://www.members.aol.com/tjoh298765/thelma.html

• ispygatorispygator Member Posts: 14
    doors - also interested in others experience, but... the full door seems more secure(right, lake anythng in a soft top jeep is safe), and friends tell me they think they are alot quieter.

full doors are heavier when taking on/off, and the window ledge (when window rolled down) is at a higher level then the half doors. might be of interest if you like to use it as an arm rest.

having said that, the lines of the half doors look better when topless. if you ever want a hard top later, buy the full doors now, or be ready to get hammered for factory doors later (they are about 800 each, plus painting, or so I was told last week by a dealer)

wheels - I think the canyons look better, and with the package are heavy duty gas shocks. maybe its just my imagination, but I have test driven both on the same public roads and thought the canyons were smoother. (what say about that tsjay? thelmajane's got'em).

on a different note, anyone have any thoughts on a 2000 se stick w/o air, if buying as be-bop run around town weekend toy?

can air be added, and if so, how much $$
  • spyrodragonspyrodragon Member Posts: 147
    hey what's up buddy? Hopefuly the Tranny didn't hurt too bad when it came down :( should have warned ya about that. You make a good point, yes everyone should work on their jeep. Do as much as you can. I spend several hours at a time just lying under mine looking at everything... seeing how everything works and what this plugs into and where that bolts too. Jeeps are really amazingly simple machines, I love working on it. Well buddy, catch ya later.

Happy Jeepin'

P.S. I'm going to a Jeep 101 tomorrow... or err today (it's 12:50) and I'm gonna drive a Liberty, maybe wreck it... oh wait, I didn't say that.
  • nkelly1nkelly1 Member Posts: 105
    I like having the duel tops. Discovered the first "draw back" with the soft top. When it rains (hard) and I opened the, door I got this nice mini-water fall that poured right into the cabin. All over the seat, and the back of my neck (as I was getting in). We have been having some pretty heavy rain the last couple of days, no leaks (as long as I don't try to get in or out of the thing while it is raining).

I still like the soft top, but the hard top will be going back on this winter.
  • yellowmanyellowman Member Posts: 209
    Tsjay: Just curious, what made you go with the wider tires? I could understand if (a) you were offroading, or (b) if you were coming from the small stock tires, but you had the canyon group, which are pretty big to begin with. Again, just curious - sounds like you got a fantastic price! I might consider switching at 10,000 miles for that kind of money...

All: I'm about to buy a spare tire cover so I can put an ad for my company on it - but I'm wondering what size to get? I have the full face tire and wheel group straight from the factory. I think I need to get the 30" tire cover, but I'm not totally sure. Thanks for any info!

yellowman
    Yes, I have the canyon wheels, but I haven't driven any TJ's that didn't have them, so I have no basis for comparison on ride quality or handling.

Thelma rode fine with the canyons and the original 30's, but I think the 31's have improved her handling. At least she feels a little more "hooked up" to the road with them.

The 31's are 10.5's vs. the original 30's that were 9.5's, so I have a bigger "footprint" now, i.e., more rubber on the road.

I am going to be real happy with these tires, I think.

tsjay

Just cause I HAD to do SOMETHING! Everybody does SOMETHING to their Jeep! I think it's an unwritten rule that you have to modify your Jeep in some fashion.

No, it wasn't for offroad capability: it was for LOOKS mainly. Same reason that I would love to have a small lift and even bigger tires- just purely for looks.

Later, Dude

tsjay

A couple of observations... I think you guys are going through the exact same thing we all did before getting a Jeep. Bottom line is you have to figure out how you're going to use your vehicle and that will help people steer you toward options they think are good or bad for your anticipated use. For us, it was soft top only, and half doors. Our's is a weekend toy and out of the 2600 miles on it, less than 100 have been with the top up. A hard top for us would have been a waste of money. I like the height of the half door ledge for an armrest, it's just right for us. Maybe the full door owners could chime in if they think the full door ledges are just right or too high... Having said that, if we lived in a colder climate or used the Jeep as a daily driver, it would have been dual top option for us with a set of half doors to run in the summer.

Other than looks, the only thing the Canyon wheels get you is an 8" wide wheel vs. 7" on the Grizzly. In theory this would allow you to run a slightly wider tire, but the factory backspacing (where the wheel sits relative to the hub) is really what limits anything larger than 32" x 11.5" on the factory rims. You may be able to run a large tire if you are planning on street use only. I think Spyro went with the cool black rockcrawler style rims with his 33"s. He wheels his Jeep and needed something that would clear the flares and not rub the control arms.

As many have said, that's the beauty of a Jeep; you can make it as unique as you want. It's only a matter of how wide you want to open the checkbook. Choosing the "right" or "wrong" factory options in most cases does not prohibit you from going another direction later, but with good planning, you may be able to save yourself a bit of cash. A good example of this is that if you plan to add large tires and go offroad with any seriousness, make sure you get the D44 rear end. From the factory, it's cheap relative to trying to add it later. Other options offered at a good "value" relative to adding later include AC, door and top combos. Most other things like the stereo, fog lights, tow hooks, and even wheels, can generally be added at roughly the same cost down the road.

ispy - I think a 5speed SE would be great for running around town, etc. Yellowman can give you first person advice here.

Good luck to all!

-twylie
  • tonkadavetonkadave Member Posts: 102
    WOW...OH MY GOD> Dude, thats the best deal ive ever heard of. Congats on that big time. You are going to love those tires. Mine performed extremely well in my recent off-road adventure. Did you get any pics yet?