Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35

Comments

• fx35awdfx35awd Member Posts: 218
    I believe the regular waranty should covers everything from bumper to bumper for 40,000-60,000 miles, I forget so check your manual. Once this regular waranty expires the extended kicks in.
  • audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    I would think that if you burn out a headlamp (just the bulb) after the first year that it would be considered a wear item (I could be wrong). Even though, after 60,000 mi you would definitely be responsible for it.

The list of things the ext warranty covers seems fairly extensive. I am by no means an expert, but I do not like unexpected expenses.

I *think* we would probably break even if at least one moderately priced thing went wrong. Something tells me if something like the nav or the bluetooth broke after the warranty expires it would be very costly to fix.
    Hi! Has anyone ever had the LDW indicator lamp stay on while driving if the function is turned on? This has happened on 2 separate occasions, but both times solved itself the next trip after.

I am not sure if this is something I should get looked at, or if the circumstances are just right, (like if it can't read the lines on the road?) that the light turns on??

thanks,
    AudreyM
  • jdonahuejdonahue Member Posts: 10
    I am seriously considering the FX (undecided on V6 or V8). I think it is the best looking and performing crossover available today. I am wondering 2 things.

Can any current owners tell me the "actual" mileage they are getting? I agree with crikey (post #3108). Owning a vehicle getting 18 mpg is a luxury. And quite possibly, extravagant, these days IMHO.

The second question is about the manual rear liftgate. I am amazed that this car does not have a remote/auto liftgate. I believe that the FX and Murano are the only crossover's that do not. This feature is very important to me as my mother is handicapped and believe me when I tell you that my hands are full when I get her to the car. I don't want to set everything down in the snow, rain or dirty parking lot and then have to pick it all up again. Is anyone aware of any type of a conversion kit? I have not been able to locate anything and neither has the dealer. I would be happy with a spring loaded latch release. Closing the hatch is not the issue - just getting it to open automatically.

I have my decision narrowed to the FX and the SRX. SRX has the remote tailgate and gets a little better mileage (judging by stickers only), but does not look nearly as good as the FX. If I could resolve the tailgate issue it would sure help me make a decision.

Any mpg info (FX35 and/or 45)and leads on liftgates would be greatly appreciated.
    I am getting on average 18.5 mpg with mix (city and highway) driving. However, two times I went on a 110 miles trip down to San Diego in California and got an 24 and 24.5 on 65-70 mph with the AC on occasionally.

Now that my family status has change I am thinking about selling my FX35 AWD, Navigation, with back up camera so I can get a minivan (Honda Odyssey). Please don't get me wrong the Infinity FX35 is a great car, you get lots of attention and thrill when you drive it.
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    In city driving, I get between 16 and, maybe, 19mpg. But, if it's a straight shot with very minimal stops and modest speeds, I get around 23, even 24mpg. In fact, I just took it on a short, but straight, 50 mile drive and got 23mpg.

I have not heard of a retrofit for the rear liftgate.
  • noobnoob Member Posts: 11
    I have been looking to buy Murano SE or FX35 AWD base for the past month. I will buy in May when I start my new job. I can buy a loaded Murano SE for $35k. But I think FX35 looks much better. But I cant spend more than $35k. What is included in a $35k FX35? Intellegent key? Back-up camera? CD changer? etc.. How is 5-speed compared to CVT?
    I also looked at the Murano. The CVT has scared me off. Snowmobile technology, too many moving parts, too much to go wrong. Read the forums on the Murano.
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    The Murano is also front wheel drive biased, and doesn't handle nearly as well as the FX.
  • phvphv Member Posts: 2
    Thinking about getting FX and not sure if it can go through my garage door without major trouble. The door is about 94 inches wide. Appreciate your information.
    A garage door opening of 94 inches should be plenty - the vehicle is 76 inches wide so that would leave you about 9 inches on either side. If you fold in the left outside mirror as you're pulling in and out, that would give you some extra margin.
    Phv, it fits. The Infinity is 75.8 inches wide.
  • bisontebisonte Member Posts: 15
    I own a 2004 FX35 with the tech package and other goodies. Got a mailer that for I think it was $180 I could get the new NAV DVD. Worth it? Other than updated POI, etc... any noteworthy enhancements? Thanks, Jon.
  • phvphv Member Posts: 2
    Thanks JBaumgart and jdonahue. I found that 75.8 inchs from the spec doesn't include mirrors. That's why I am not very certain.
  • cedmundcedmund Member Posts: 2
    :mad: I also have an '05 FX35 with the Touring Package.

The leather on the outer side bolsters of both of my front seats are badly wrinkled towards the seatbacks and have a far rougher feel than the rest of the seats. The dealer actually pointed this out to me at less than 1 year and about 6300 miles. He didn't care either. Obviously, this was an 2005 FX defect on perhaps a small number of cars.

If we all let the Corporate Offices of Nissan/Infiniti know of our dissatisfaction maybe they will do something for all of us who deserve better.
    I have the first year ('03) FX and went with the brown/orange color leather, partly because I thought it was distinctive and partly because the leather seemed a little thicker and higher quality. I have to say that my hunch was correct because after over three years and over 50,000 miles it shows virtually no wear. I use Lexol leather conditioner a couple times a year, and that's it. About the only thing on the interior that I thought was cheap-lloking and out of character for a "luxury" car was the plastic door panels - Infiniti definitely skimped on these.
  • provette67provette67 Member Posts: 1
    My '04 FX45 seats were the same as you described.I looked at every FX seats that I could find and mine were the only ones that looked as you described.I took it to the dealer with 24K miles on it and they fixed it perfectly without a word.
  • cedmundcedmund Member Posts: 2
    T :) Thanks for the info. Please tell me who your dealer was and where they are located. They deserve kudos. If you know of any other people with bad FX leather seats, please let me know.
  • warreswarres Member Posts: 1
    I just got an 2003 FX and want a navigation system. Has anyone added nav. to their car? Did you go through the dealer or a professional aftermarket place? Any suggestions would be wonderful!
  • sphere99sphere99 Member Posts: 36
    wow! what did you say to get them to fix them?
  • sphere99sphere99 Member Posts: 36
    for 35k you wont get the intellegent key or backup camera that is for sure!
  • ib1surferib1surfer Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I have an FX35 w/48k mi on it. I follow the recommendations called out in the owners maintenance manual. I feel that most dealer recommended maintenance are just a chance for the service writer to get an extra buck out of the customer. If it's not called for by the manufacturer than I believe it's not needed. The only issues we've had with the vehicle have been with the fuel tank sending unit. We've them replaced a couple of times and looks like they need it again. Per the dealer, it is a know problem in 03. No other problems, car runs like a bat out of xxxx and at a constant 80mph on trips still gets 21mpg. I only run premium fuel when traveling. Also, I switched to a pure synthetic oil, AMSOIL, and only change the oil every 20k. Dealer and manufacturer are ok with this so will continue to use. Did same with my QX4 and it was in top condition when traded in w/108k.... Sorry for the wordy post but love this vehicle........
  • udubhuskiesudubhuskies Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know how to reset the Tire pressure warning system warning light. I had a tire go low on my 06 FX45 and it tripped the warning light. According to the manual, once the warning light begins to blink, it will continue to do so even after the affected tire has been fixed. It further states to reset said light, you have to take it to the Infiniti dealer. Does anyone know how to reset this indicator because I don't have the time to get to the dealer for at least a week and I am easily annoyed with this blinking light already! :mad: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx!
    I had this similiar problems before, but I just put air in it and it resetted itself. However, I had to fix a flat another time at the Infinity dealership so they resetted, but I am curious to find out if anyone knows a do-it-yourself way. I understand your annoyance at this blinking light.
  • cuttyhunkcuttyhunk Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone recommend a good car cover for the FX? I need one that is good for snow as well as summer.

Thanks,
    Tony
  • ffb13ffb13 Member Posts: 181
    i am fed up with the rsa goodyears.

has anyone tried the

fusion

dueler 9bridgestones

yokohamas

other

and what do you think ?

only interested in handling ,wet performance,and noise levels.

???

thank you
    I replaced the Goodyears after a premature flat tire. They were worn but according to my dealer they should have had about 5000 more miles in them. I now have the Fuzion's and am very happy with them. They are definitely quieter and they ride smoother, and I would say handle about the same as the Goodyear's. Plus they were cheaper so all in all I am very satisfied. They are not recommended for snow but I have separate winter tires and wheels for that.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    Just wanted to let prospective buyers know that the FX45 has been my favorite vehicle of all time. 4wd, cool looks, plenty of power. I averaged 16.3mpg over 34,000 miles of driving. Most of my driving was 80+mph on hilly interstate highways. 18+ mpg is possible becuase the dealer got that when the man picked up my car for servicing and returned it (I checked on them).

I got my 03 FX45 as a left over when the 04's came out. With a $7100 discount and 1.9% financing you can't beat the deal. I'll miss it sorely but I wanted an economy car and I don't need three cars. I traded it for an 07 Camry Hybrid
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    I went through 2 sets of RSA's in 30,000 miles. I put the Bridgestone's on and loved them. I got a "deal" for the 4 Bridgestones for $960 mounted balanced and road hazard warranty.
    What size were the tires you had them install on your car, 18 or 20-inch?
    Hello, do you mind me asking how much your '03 FX45 trade in was and also how much was the new hybrid '07 camry? I am thinking about doing the same for the last three weeks. I bought my FX35 in January of 2005, but it was a '04 model and I did get $8500 off of MSRP at 2.9% financing. I live in California and this state has one of the highest gas price in the nation. Damn, those greedy gasoline companies and crooked politicians. Sorry, I just had to vent it out. Thank you in advance.
  • lll1lll1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys. I just got a 2003 FX35 on 18" rims. I'm looking to upgrade to the OEM 20" rims and wheels. I know many of you are adding after market rims and may have the OEM 20"s available for sell. Let me know. I am interested
  • fvj48fvj48 Member Posts: 2
    I have a new '06FX45. 180 miles as of this morning. Driving into work I got a warning sound similar to what the old '03FX45 had when a tire was low. It lasted approximately 2 to 3 minutes and then stopped. No tires are low. I called the dealer and they couldn't explain it. Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone tell me what it might be?
  • fvj48fvj48 Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone describe how the '06 FX 45 Cargo net is supposed to work?
  • jimityjimity Member Posts: 10
    I purchased an FX35 about 3 months ago - my first Infiniti purchase. It has had a very dangerous problem of the intelligent cruise control failing, and the dealer has not been able to correct it with repeated attempts. I'm looking for others who may have had a similar problem. The Cruise control will work fine for almost 30 minutes, then it starts seeing cars which really are not there and goes into a panic and tries to stop the car on the freeway (cars have to change lanes to avoid hitting me). Sometimes it just doesn't see cars which are there and attempts to run into them until I manually slow the car down. I've documented this on video on numerous occasions and provided the video to the dealer to help in fixing it. The last repair attempt took 3 days, and even though the dealer put 168 miles on the car, it is still failing. Yesterday it started failing and now it knocks out the Lane Departure Warning System when it goes haywire - the Lane Departure light stays on and the system no longer beeps if I change lanes without a signal.

Any others have this problem, or any dealers have any suggestions on what may be causing this? My concerns are that this is very dangerous and after several attempts it has not been fixed. I'm worried that the problem is more then just the cruise control/lane departure system and could impact my safety features like the computer which controls the airbags. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim
    Southern California :sick:
    Jim,

Thanks for sharing this problem with all of us and I am sorry that this is happening to your car. Unfortunately, I do not use the lazer guided cruise control past 30 minutes to have any input in this matter, other than to say it works on my car for now. I hope the dealership can figure something out for you and perhaps you can share it with us. So please keep us updated on this. Thank you.
  • texasfx35texasfx35 Member Posts: 65
    I have an '04 FX35 RWD with tech pkg. While I have not had laser cruise control problems to the extent that you have, I have experienced sporadic problems. My unit will sometimes apply the brakes when there is no car in front of me. Although there is no set pattern, it has happened on the same location of a particular highway several times, which makes me think it may be picking up a stray signal of some sort. At other times it just seems to be a random event. Occasionally the unit will get tricked by upcoming overpasses (or signs?), but this has not been a real problem. The unit has never failed to recognize a car in front of me and maintain the correct distance. I have noticed that once the unit has acquired a vehicle target ahead and drops speed to maintain distance then you cannot lower the speed set point and have the car slow. The vehicle just keeps tracking the car ahead at its speed and maintains distance even though the set point may be 5 mph lower. Not sure this helps, but good luck with your problem.
    I had experienced a bit of this, but to me it seemed that it was picking up the cars *next* to me out of it's periphery vision.

I have also had the LDW light stay on and not beep when veering out of the lane.. It has not done it in a few weeks, but it had been driving me crazy for a while.

Please keep us updated!
  • subystisubysti Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at purchasing an 03 FX35 for the purpose of towing 2 snowmobiles. I've heard people say that the Fx's are not very good for towing. What are your experiences with this. I'm also looking at RX300 which I'm told are a little better for towing. Any info would be great. thanks
    What are you comparing to, AWD RX300 or RX330 to a FX35 AWD? Or are you comparing 2WD on both models? If it is a 2WD and if I remember it correctly, the RX300 is a front wheel drive similiar to a Toyota Highlander, then it can't be better than a RWD on the FX35. I believe they have the same towing capacity, 3500-lb. :)
  • stubeestubee Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 FX 35 with the sport package. How can I tell if I have a microfilter? I looked up under the passenger side dash where I expected to find it but nada I could see.

TIA -- Stubee
  • texasfx35texasfx35 Member Posts: 65
    You have an in-cabin microfilter. It is located behind the glove box. To replace the filter, requires the the glove box be unfastened from the dash and lowered out and the air bag sensor moved to allow room to take the old filter out and replace it. I have seen the instructions the web a couple of times, but the process looked more complicated than I wanted to tackle considering you are messing with the airbag sensor. The bad news is the dealer (Houston) price for R/R is about $70. Not very good design engineering in my opinion.
  • ayenewayenew Member Posts: 11
    I have an 05 FX 35 with the Intelligent Cruise Control. I have used it once only on a 3 hour drive (just to see if it works). I had other more "preference" issues with it but no problem with it regarding function as designed.
    Sorry...long note. I bought a used 2005 FX 35 (+touring+sport+tech) with a bit short of 4000 miles ($38K) in June 05. I just went over 15K miles. So, I have driven it about one year. So, far except for normal Chicago issues all is well. To me, normal "Chicago" issues are stuff like you get a dashboard warning for low tire pressure when cold weather kicks in. I get the car serviced when the dash says so. I go to Fields Infiniti where I find myself there LONGER that I planned quite often but I am still happy with them. Why longer? goofball reasons...once they ran out of oil and had to go buy more to do the change...stuff like that. But, I TRUST them. I once had a puncture on tire identified during a routine oil change. After they initially informed me it is on the wall of tire and need to replace it, they came back and told me the nail can stay there because that is not causing any leaks on the tire. Sure enough...no issues and that was at 6K miles.

MPG wise, I put only premium in it and I do easily 20+ on highways (and I drive on the I-94/Eden) but horrible in city (average around 14). In my combined driving, I average 18-19...ok I guess. I LOVE THE car. My major feeling of loss is no MP3 playing. Anyone with good advice is that is most welcome including suggestions on external device such as iPod.
    If you all know of this, please disregard. I got a letter from them that says your touring+sport came with note the sport shocks but the standard shocks. I have an 05 FX 35. So I called and it seems, some exec at Infiniti felt things were a bit bumpy and installed the standard shocks on these cars. Not sure if all 05 got them. The two options are get the standard sport shocks installed free OR $500 check. I think my car is a comfortable ride as is. I called my dealership and they say unless you demand a stiff drive, take the money. Any suggestions? Did you guys get the same letter?
  • bes23bes23 Member Posts: 1
    planning on buying an 06 FX 35 w/sport and touring from Willow Grove Infiniti in PA. I got an inital internet quote of $41,500. When do the '07s come out? Would it be worth the wait in terms of price reduction?
    I am not sure about the '07s, but I do know that when I was dealing with the internet manager at Willow Grove I felt like I was trying to buy a used Ugo. ("Only for today", "you must act quickly", etc. etc.)

IMHO you may want to talk to West Chester as well, I felt much more at-ease with them.

If you do your homework and indicate to them that you know your stuff you will get a very fair deal. (about a month ago I got $42K for an 06 tech, touring, handsfree, roof rails, cargo mat, spashguards & all weather mats)

-AudreyM
  • jleffjleff Member Posts: 1
    I got the letter and I am going to get the shocks. I commute a long way to work and my 2005 FX now has 26,000 miles. A question you need to ask your self is how long are you planning on owning your vehicle? The FX is a heavy vehicle, and in my opinion the standard shocks will be fairly worn out in 75k miles. To replace the shocks at a later time for parts and labor plan on spending at least one thousand dollars. I feel Infiniti wants to bait people with the 500 dollars, so they can save money in the long run. Your engine and transmission will most likely last well over 100,000 miles, but your shocks will need replacement. In my opinion take the shocks, you bought the sport package for performance didn't you?

Regards, Jeff
  • wallys67wallys67 Member Posts: 4
    I bought an used FX35 2005 and I need to buy some parts. But it's a problem in Europe. Help me, pls, where can I buy used parts in U.S.A./ driver's and passenger's front airbags, seat belts, instrument panel /?
    Thanks,
    Dusan
  • deaniedeanie Member Posts: 172
    Hi All:
    We're out of an 05 Avalon XLS and are considering the 06 FX35 AWD model with no options - has much more standard equipment than I ever dreamed.

Also looking at Odyssey EX w/leather/DVD (I'll wager few have cross-shopped these two!). Thought about Murano but didn't like its IIHS/NHTSB crash ratings.

Lexus/Mercedes/BMW do not interest us and if we can get within $500 of invoice, it might get the wife's okay. How likley is it to find a no-optioned FX 35? Most seem to have at least sunroof w/keyless options which to us (along with all the other significant options) are uneccessary and make the car less of a value - it's already at the top of our range without any options.

Any comments? I live in Montgomery County, Maryland near a Bethesda dealership but would travel to other dealerships (Ellicott city or White Marsh).
    Regards,
    Deanie