Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35

1606162636466»

Comments

• red_wagonred_wagon Member Posts: 1
    How does one replace the LEDs in the tail lights? Does the entire assembly have to be replaced or can individual LEDs be replaced? The Owner Manual says see the dealer.
  • nickptnickpt Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    I have an 07 FX35 (with the sport package) and I have been working this issue with the local dealer and Infiniti North America since May 2009. The dealership tried replacing the actual in-dash speedo which didn't work. They then contacted Infiniti tech line and were told to stop work immediately. Since then I have filed two customer complaints with Infiniti NA and both have lead to dead ends. Basically a call from a customer service rep saying there is no fix and no estimated time frame for a fix. This is irritating, especially since my car is aging at an accelerated rate. If a speedo fix ever is released I am going to push hard for an odometer correction as well.
  • wolfie1wolfie1 Member Posts: 14
    Interesting..I thought I saw replies on this board saying that Infiniti had finally owned up to this issue?

GW
    08' FX35 with Sport
    I'll chime in.since I made my decision based on what I read on this site.

I have an 08 fx35 awd sport..with 30k miles...factory RSA's were beyond done..and horrible in the snow even from the start. I went with the Hankook RH06...and love them. Much smoother ride, less jarring..less wiggle in cupped pavement, much quieter...decent in snow (and we got some snow this winter ;))..downsides..I think a little more sidewall roll then the stock RSA's..and maybe a little less dry weather stick. And for the price...I paid $860..all in (taxes, mounted, tps, disposal of old set) at Town Fair tire.. (RSA's would have been $100 more..each!) .I would highly recommend the whole experience.

GW
  • rsingletonrsingleton Member Posts: 19
    I just turned in an BMW X5.. Considering an Fx35 however i'm having a little reservation.. I get the impression my BMW drives alot better and i'm wondering if i should stick with BMW.. Also, the FX seems like a female style car and I'm a male so that kinda concerned me since every single FX i saw on the street have been driven by females.

Any thoughts on comparing the X5 with FX35. I don't want to go down in car performance but i really do like the features of the FX and it's cheaper.
  • babashekerebabashekere Member Posts: 4
    I am a man and I have 2007 FX35 unfurtunately I have not driven BMW. I want to say that FX was designed to be very sporty, with very good aerodynamics and beauty. While the BMW are less aerodynamic and not as beautiful to me. The FX is a hybrid of a Sedan(compact car) and a SUV (off road vehicle), hence you drive a car with all the fascilities of a four wheeler or an Off Road vehichle-SUV.
    More ladies drive FX possibly because women love beautiful things and car included. So if you drive FX more women will likely admire your car.
    I guess you want the rough look of men or millitary type of vehichles. You may not have the comfort of soft drive you get from FX (the feel of driving a good car), some vehcles are even very uncomfortable to drive due to the massive size and design, So be careful. Test drive before you buy.
    My FX is 3 yrs old and with 30,000 miles and doing well.
    I must say Ilove my FX although I had bubbling of my dashbord which I replace(a big minus for FX) but I will recommend FX.
    I've seen friends BMW vehicles disintegrate in about 4 years max., roof, electronics etc
  • paulwepaulwe Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know where the 2006 FX35's are assembled?
  • jlengjleng Member Posts: 5
    I am thinking to buy a 2008 infiniti FX 35 for my family with 2-4 adults and my first new born baby. But I am worried that the back seats and the cargo space for this car are quite small. I wonder if you have the experience of using this car for your family.Do you feel the space is sufficient? If I put a car seat at the back, can 2 adults sit at the back seat as well? Thank you very much!
  • biancarbiancar Member Posts: 965
    You could always take the car seat and go to the dealer and check. My impression is you probably could not fit two adults in plus the car seat. But I don't own one, this is just going on best guess.

Does anyone know if Infiniti has plans to tweak the engine to get better mileage? I fell in love with the EX35 when I test-drove it, but it really is too small for what I need. The FX could be big enough, but the mileage (for both of them really) is very poor. Any improvements slated to come for 2011?
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    jleng, to fit two adults plus a child seat in the back seat I think you should be looking at a bigger/wider vehicle than the FX. I've had great experience with my FX but I wouldn't recommend it for your situation.
  • jlengjleng Member Posts: 5
    Hi,biancar and JBaumgart,
    Thank you so much for your reply. It is a great idea to take the car seat to check first. As Jbaumgart said, it might not fit for my family situation. But I really love this car as you did!
  • babashekerebabashekere Member Posts: 4
    I agree that the best is to try it out, I am sure you will find 2 adults and baby seat will fit well at the back. The car is great and worth trying out
  • 22332233 Member Posts: 64
    Has anyone attempted transporting 2 bikes in the back of a FX35?

I would think you could not have 2 bikes standing up with the seats down but possibly laying the bikes on their sides on top of each other?
    I just did move two bikes in the back the other day when I retrived them from our rented storage place. The two bikes need to lay on their side and it's a bit of a pain to get them in and out, because the parts one one will tend to get caught on the other, but it's certainly doable.
  • jschmi71jschmi71 Member Posts: 4
    I complained to Infinity about the error showing 5mph off at a reading of 75mph in my 2007 FX35. After several weeks, a fix was made and it now reads correctly.
    i just had my 08 fx35 sport awd in for service - again brought up the speedo issue - they did a diag or some sort, and said they clocked it on a measured mile, and said the speedo was 3mph off, and that's "within specs".

I give the dealer credit for at least looking at the issue this time, but still not a great answers.

The speedo is off less since I replaced the factory RSA's with Hankook RH07's (which btw...are awesome)

comparison speed is a garmin Nuvi 205W
    Did they say what the fix was?
    There is a module they had to replace in the dash. They had to pull the radio to install the part and I am sorry I do not have the part number. You can call Infinity and give them my file number File#6724594 which documents the issue.
    I just added as set of these:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Parada+Spec-- X&partnum=65VR0PSXXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Infiniti&autoY- ear=2003&autoModel=FX45&autoModClar=AWD

and am extremely impressed in all respects. The ride is SO much better, plus they are quiet, handle great and if the tread wear rating is any indication they should last much longer than the original stock RSA's (which wouldn't be difficult).
    I just found the part number that fixes the speedo error I experienced with my 2007 FX35. It is "Amplifier Control 27760-8Y70B" fixed on Infinity's dime. Hope this helps because it helped me. Using my Garmin, I was 5-6 mph slow at 70mph 4mph at 40. Now I am a uniform 2mph slow throughout the range of speeds.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Well it only took 9 years, but the FX is finally getting a power liftgate standard for the 2011 model year. Man, it would have been nice to have this on my 05 so I didn't have to break my back to pull down that big heavy door every time.

Too bad, Infiniti didn't do the smart thing and put it standard on the EX35! When you paying these prices for luxury cross-overs, you should be getting these things standard. I mean even Chevrolet offers it on their SUVs and crossovers!
  • tomgatomga Member Posts: 1
    I received a letter from Infiniti that the speedometer and odometer on the 2007 FX 35 is being overstated by 3.58%. I just turned in my lease and paid some over-mileage charges. Be mindful of this. I saw that this issue had be reported by someone on this site as early as 2008. Not sure what other years may be impacted.
    I took in my 08 FX35 Sport in for brakes - they informed me when I picked it up, that there was a recall for my vehicle, and that they had reprogramed my speedo because it was off by 3 and change percent (I forgot the exact number). I drove home, and the speedo matched by Garmin GPS within 1 mph - It used to be off by around 6 mph at 65 (gps 65 was speedo 71, pre-reprogram).

So, Infiniti finally fixes the problem! Now, lets see what happens when I turn in the car next year at the end of my lease, since by their own calculation, my speedo has significant mileage on it the car never actually traveled.

To all of those with the speedo issue, call your dealer..

Oh, and for those who had not heard, Greenwich Infiniti closed up shop last week (again) - I took my FX into Devan Infiniti in Southport, which I should have done all along.

G
  • brandoncallaisbrandoncallais Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Infiniti FX35. Does anyone know how to set the time as a display on the rear camera screen? Not the time on the little clock that is in between the shifter and the radio.
  • nobadmojonobadmojo Member Posts: 2
    Anyone done this to improve the ride? What is the cost and where do I go? Ready to ditch my FX unless I can improve the ride...
    nobadmojo, I put on 18" wheels and tires during the winter. They do help but the FX has never been known as a smooth riding SUV. Lots of other vehicles out there use 19 or 20 inchers these days and they ride better - may not handle as well but they take bumps better.
  • forbesmeforbesme Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same issue with my new-to-me 2006 Infiniti FX35. If you have learned how to set/find the clock on the rear camera screen, I would really love to know!! Thanks!
    I have just turned in my 08 FX35, and working through the complications of the overcharge related to the speedo and odo reading to fast.

I'm being told now that my dealer adjusted the miles on my car when they did the reprogram, so the mileage turned in, is what they are charging me for.

I did a quick calculation, and they adjusted mileage back by 3.4% - I was expecting a lot more, since the speedo always read around 9% fast (71 mph was 65 on my gps)

Any one else have lease end experience with the speedo issue?

Infiniti finance, and my dealer, both being very helpful, but, I'm not happy with the outcome as of now.
  • joerappejoerappe Member Posts: 1
    According to my dealer, my 2004 FX35 has a broken muffler and midpipe, estimate is $1,260. My neighbor has used Rockauto.com for parts, I found the parts for my car for a little over $300. Muffler vendor is Bosal, does anybody know anything about them? I asked a friends mechanic for an estimate and he quoted about $900 for the job. Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Joe
  • gari2gari2 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I'm scouting some FX 35, 04/05 in houston and it's either this or Lexus Rx 330. Plan to buy cash.
    Checked the cost to own and repair and they are much similar though what seems to be recurring is the cold air blowing in some models that i read here.
    Any advice on repair cost, maintance, etc i would appreciate.