Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35

Comments

• damorminodamormino Member Posts: 82
    The FX 35/45 and Lexus RX 330 do not have height adjustments on the passenger seat. Both vehicles elicit complaints from shorter passengers - usually wives. Our Acura MDX has an 8-way power passenger seat. The down side is that only the driver gets lumbar adjustment - and it is manual at that. Still, this combination is better than the Infiniti/Lexus alternative. It's no fun driving with an uncomfortable passenger - no matter how well the vehicle handles.
  • sopecreeksopecreek Member Posts: 203
    I wonder what you can do if you purchase a car out of state (without actually seeing or driving it) and you find a ding or scratch when you are delivered the car. I've noticed a dealer from freshalloy (Grubbs Infini@Dallas, TX) has very good price and will deliver them to CONUS with delivery charge. Has anybody actually done that?
  • cmdpmcmdpm Member Posts: 9
    njexpress,

my experience with this dealership was a good one.
    i was one signature away from trading in my '03 MDX for an '03 FX35.
    the numbers were excellent but i have decided to sell my MDX privately and lease an '04 FX45.
    BTW, interstate auto purchase is not much different as the taxes you pay are based on your address and go to your state.
    for more detailed info please contact me directly at c.marukos@att.net

good luck,
    chris
  • cjs2002cjs2002 Member Posts: 341
    I'm currently looking at a G35 sedan and like that very much... but comming from an SUV I'm thinking I may like it better if I stay in another suv... my question is...is... price wise what have ya'll been able to get just a basic FX35 for.... I love the looks of it... but I'm a bit worried that it may be out of my price range... thanks
  • stanny1stanny1 Member Posts: 962
    I actually went to Grubbs from San Diego to pick-up my loaded FX45 on June 10th, and drove it back.
    But for around $650, they will deliver it to your door.
    You should always do pre-delivery inspection on the car.
    Grubbs beat all the San Diego dealers by at least $100 a month on a 39 month/15k lease.
    And the dealers here had a poor selection.
    A big % of buyers at Grubbs are from out-of-state.
    They wouldn't be #1 without us, and all the "Grubbs-guys" are terrific.
    You get a tour when you're there, and they have something no dealer I know has - a full-time computer guy who keeps their network and internet biz in top shape.
    I have never seen a dealer with such an awesome internet presence. These guys are geared for E- Commerce and that's why they get the business.
    In contrast, the E-Commerce managers at my local dealerships are still in the stone age.
  • njexpressnjexpress Member Posts: 170
    Your post has been very helpful. I will annoy you once I am really ready to go car shopping ;0)
    Have a Great Weekend!!
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    It's no fun driving with an uncomfortable passenger - no matter how well the vehicle handles.

I agree with your statement and it's the big reason why Infiniti is adding an 8-way passenger seat for 2004 models.

However, for 2003 models, there aren't very many options, IMO. That's why the initial test drive is so important and why all the usual passengers should be present. However, having all the usual passengers is not always possible during test drives. If it were an issue for my wife, I would not have bought our FX, but possibly have waited for Infiniti to rectify the issue. Guess I wouldn't have to wait long if I had to do that.
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    Another good find crikey!!! I actually think this review was pretty fair yes the twin turbo is faster handles slightly better and can go off road. But the FX has more features. Performs nearly as well and if you really need to go off road buy a fx45 and vw touareg for the price of a Cayenne TT.
    Don't want to take credit for it, but I got it off our 'other' haunt. :)
  • psb1013psb1013 Member Posts: 92
    Here is a link for chrome wheels which I just had installed on my FX45:

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/?is_owner=1

Looks AWESOME!
    (Price: $1260 including labor, tax, and wheel exchange)
  • ancestralancestral Member Posts: 1
    Lance99 are you still selling your FX35 Tech Pkg 2WD?

Please let me know. I'm interested. Where do you live?
  • corkfishcorkfish Member Posts: 537
    I thought the Cayenne was faster than the Subaru Forester XT. According to that article it's .3 slower!
  • njswamplandsnjswamplands Member Posts: 1,760
    i cant wait to fry you guys at the light in my new forester xt lol
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,486
    there is a brand new as of today Diamond Graphite FX35 in my driveway. Unfortunately, it belongs to my sister in law who is visiting. Have only seen it in the dark, but it is sharp looking, and the interior is very comfy.

Will have to get her to let me drive it soon. If it is as nice as the G35, I expect to be impressed.

She just came out of a '00 RX300, and is very impressed by the increase in power and better handling, especially the tighter turning radius. Bought this over the MDX and XC-90, even though it was smaller (and no 3rd seat), because of the comfort and handling, plus what seems to be an excellent deal.

Will post some additional opinions once I have had a chance to ride in and drive it.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• craigb7craigb7 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a FX35 AWD w/Premium package MSRP $39,565
    39 Month lease 12k miles year $0 down.
    What would be a good price for this vehicle ?
    i am seeing fx35 awd w/prem package with your length and mileage requirements for around $500
    I'm a long term lease guy. Price is secondary.
    Look at two factors: Money In and Total Monthly Payment. That's it.
    I'd also bump my yearly mileage allowance up to 15k. You will have trouble keeping it down to that and it's not that much more per month.
    I leased a full boat 45 from Grubbs last month. It was $2500 in and $735 a month for 39/15k. No dealer here in San Diego could touch that by over $100 a month. It was worth going to Dallas and driving home with the new beast.
    Besides, the dealers here were prima-donnas and did not have the selection (50k cars here are chump change for high-tech yuppies).
    Good luck but use Grubbs as your standard. They are the biggest for a reason and no one has the E-Commerce businees dialed-in like they do.
  • craigb7craigb7 Member Posts: 2
    I assume your from NJ from your name.....what dealer would be offering that kind of pricing on the FX35 AWD ? I'm finding pricing higher in PA.
  • shenkarshenkar Member Posts: 159
    Can you give us a good link to your new wheel pics? The one in your first post only leads to the Image Station sign-up page.
    ramsey infiniti, ramsey nj
    Awesome wheels Pete!! Where'd you find them, and what was involved in the exchange/purchase process?
  • surfsuppsurfsupp Member Posts: 10
    dptbones-

just wondering if you had any info on the sales person and dealership that quoted you the $300 over invoice on the 2004. have you already placed your order on this vehicle and would you mind providing details as to where we can get the same?

i test drove the fx35 tech and the v6/v8 touareg and loved 'em both. i think the new changes in '04 will make the fx35 tech really unbeatable. i'm hoping they will be available in sept...
    I believe right now, only a handful of Infiniti dealers have chrome wheels. These are NOT the "official" (OEM) chrome wheels made by Infiniti. Rather a dealer sends out the stock wheels to a chroming shop to get them chrome-plated. I got mine from Lisle Infiniti in Illinois. I believe Grubbs Infiniti in Texas is also another dealer selling chrome wheels. I paid $1,260 (20")--which includes exchanging your stock wheels for the chrome wheels, mounting/balancing, and tax. (The dealer takes your stock wheels to have them chromed again to sell to the next guy). The overall quality is excellent and the wheels come with a 4-year Infiniti warranty. In my opinion, I think now that Infiniti should have made chrome wheels standard or at least an option (I hear it is for '04)--it really makes the FX in whatever color really stand out and look sharp!
  • dptbonesdptbones Member Posts: 21
    Salesman was Rick something at Lokey Infiniti in Clearwater Florida. We were on our second test drive. I explained to him that I was internet savvy and knew the invoice etc. Also told him I was deciding between this and an Escalade ext. I told him all the great deals on the escalade (0% financing, $1000 cash back and dealing BELOW invoice). Basically, I convinced him that unless I got this car for close to invoice, I couldn't pass up the escalade. To top it off, since the gross weight of the escalade exceeds 6000 pounds, I can write off the ENTIRE cost of the vehicle in one year. That saves me $15,000 on my taxes on a $45,000 car. So he told me that they were dealing on the FX's also. Problem was , I told him, I wanted to wait for the seat controls and to eliminate the DVD player from the back. To that he replied that if I ordered one now, he'd sell it for about $300 over invoice. Now, we didn't discuss amounts so I'm not sure what his invoice was (besides, 2004 pricing is not yet available). I did mention in an earlier conversation with him that I understood that destination charges were non negotiable, but I wouldn't pay advertising charges or dealership fees. He tried to tell me that the dealership fees were non negotiable also. I just said, "I guess that would have to come out of the profit then."

I haven't ordered yet. I really truly am deciding between the escalade ext, the fx, and one other car.

I'll keep you informed.

I'll never pay more than a few hundred over invoice.

Bones
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Please do not post names of salespersons and other contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.) on the Town Hall boards.

You may name the dealership but anything beyond that violates edmunds.com's Terms of Use.

Thanks!

tidester, host
    I'd like to have a set of Chrome FX wheels. Does anyone know the care issues for this type of wheel finish. Particularly shop issues for mounting and balancing, and the cleaning process. I've read posts on other forums that say they affect wheel balance and complicate cleaning, but I have no first-hand knowledge. Any help is appreciated before I spring for this awesome look.
    Here in San Diego, that would really define you into a certain, let's say, group of people.
    However, I think that chroming the stock FX 20" would be really different than the 22-24" "mobile jewelry" we see here on Navis and Escalades.
    It seems to be a two sided war here. Escalades and Navis with the wild wheels (some with "spinners") versus the yuppies with H2s.
    Either way you will get your 6000 lb accelerated depreciation. Either vehicle can usually be found going slow in the right lane just "lookin good".
    I'd rather skip the weight and 3 box look and drive in the left lane in my 45.
    It's nice to be able to blow off either vehicle at will.
    Take your depreciation credit and the conformity.
    I lease and write off 80% every year. Having a 6000 lb monster to drive is like wearing a ball and chain.
    These are two different schools. That's really the decision here.
    I don't think there's anything really difficult for caring chrome wheels. I use Eagle One "Never Dull" metal polish or Mother's Chrome Wheel polish--both are excellent. And I don't think having chrome wheels really makes a difference on vehicle performance over stock wheels--my FX45 performs same as before--awesome!
    Finally happened to me after 3 months and almost 7500 miles. Happened to my wife at the mall trying to get the stroller out just now. What kind of peeves me is I had my infiniti into service 2 weeks ago but they couldn't do the hatch because they didn't have all the stuff for the fix. Also got a dent because it was my daughter trying to open it (had informed my wife to be on the look out) I find it really strange because it has been out in the sun longer and on hotter days here in H-town but hadn't warped. Moral of the story is if you haven't had the recall done do it as soon as possible even if you haven't experienced a problem in months. I still love this car though and I have had a total of 2 problems in the first 7500 miles that is the least amount of any car I have owned. This is an awesome machine.
    It's been over a week. I miss my DG 45. I had lots of denting. As clpurnell experienced, it's unpredictable.
    Make sure YOU open the hatch only. It does not take much leverage to do $$$ damage.
  • dptbonesdptbones Member Posts: 21
    The salesman we both mentioned also has given me two extensive test drives. One in a 35 one in a 45. He has earned my business also if I go that way. Although I also would like to drive a fast car, I have three children and would not be able to get my whole family in the Fx. Our other car is a Sequoia so we can always use that car, but the size of the Escalade EXT and the H2 would allow all of us to travel together. Its not a small issue. Also with the specials on the Cadillac its hard to pass up. Someone mentioned leasing, but the reason I spend so much time researching is that I like to keep the same car for several years. Leasing is an expensive way to buy cars, but a good way to keep them three years and get a new one. I've enjoyed not having a payment on our 4Runner for the past 5 years and so has my children's college fund.
        So I need to make a difficult choice. Comfort and speed over economics and practicality. I can't get over the fact that I could have a brand new Cadillac or H2 for about $35,000 after the accelerated depreciation. And the 0% financing on the Escalade is free money.

Wish me good luck. Tell the salesman that I may still be by to order my '04. He'll remember me if you mention the local Orthopaedic surgeon that he gave two test drives in the past month.

By the way, did he drive you under the Bayside bridge in the mud? Unbelieveable.

Bones
  • cjs2002cjs2002 Member Posts: 341
    thanks for the help ya'll ... how could I get a hold of this dealor in Texas.... I don't mind the drive since I'm goin out that way to arizona in a month or so anyways... thanx
  • surfsuppsurfsupp Member Posts: 10
    Dr. Bones and 93fsu1- Keep us posted on how the 04 ordering goes. Sounds like he's a good salesperson.

Bones- hope you ultimately decide to go with the performance and the toys found in the fx. on some other boards, several posts about how fun it is to have 'em both.

93fsu1- let us know what you find out about ordering for 04. seems pretty quiet in terms of being able to order one just yet. may have to wait a month or two more yet.

cjs2002- the dealer in texas that does huge ecommerce business is Grubbs DFW Infiniti. I've written them about ordering, but haven't heard anything back yet.
  • 93fsu193fsu1 Member Posts: 97
    Yep, drove under the bridge. Took some curves over 50 mph that were posted at 25. That sold me on the car. Usually it is very painful for me in most cars, especially in turns and bumps - bot Nissan/Infiniti seem to be the only company that makes seats that are comfortable for me.

I'll let everyone know what happens. I will probably call in a couple of weeks - have some home remodeling to finish first.
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    Took my FX45 in for an oil change the other day, and the service manager informed me that my car came up on the hatch recall. Although they do have all of the parts in to do the repair, they are still waiting for a special tool that's needed to carry it out, plus he said he didn't want my car to be their first one (guinea pig) which made me wonder how they will choose which owner's car WILL be their first learning experience...Apparently it's about a two hour process and they will call me when they they are ready. So far no signs of any warping, but I suppose here in Minnesota the cars are a little less susceptible, plus I rarely have to park it outside.

No problems with the car otherwise after 4000 miles.

P.S. The dealer did screw up a bit on the oil change. I took in my own Mobil 1 but the tech didn't use it, despite it being written up on the order sheet. Even though they offered to dump the regular oil, I was in a hurry so I left it in - the service manager said he would "make it up for me" next time.
  • hootspahootspa Member Posts: 11
    My local dealer was unable to correctly repair my leaking/creaking sunroof; they claim a little leak is normal! They also claimed that Infiniti technical is aware of the sunroof creak problem but hasn't come up with a fix yet! I sprayed some silicone in a few areas and will see if this helps.
  • jeffmust2jeffmust2 Member Posts: 811
    Go back right now and ask that guy/gal how long since they left the Dodge service department!
    We could use some help on the Vs thread against angry Cayenne owners :D
  • slummyjslummyj Member Posts: 57
    Which dealer did you go to? I don't want to be the first one they use to fix the rear hatch! Maybe it's a good thing we are having a relatively cool summer.
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    I'm having my FX serviced at Jim Lupient. I plan on waiting a while so they get some experience with the repair.
  • daschtickdaschtick Member Posts: 63
    Exactly, what does this conversation have to do with $80,000 cars that have been in accidents?

BTW, I'm with you on the $30,000 limit for a car, that is why I'll probably be buying my FX pre-owned.
  • corkfishcorkfish Member Posts: 537
    Sorry, I posted it in the wrong forum. I meant this for the Cayenne forum.
  • aleksd1aleksd1 Member Posts: 37
    I'm getting very close to buying a new car and
    trying to decide if I should wait on 2004 FX35 or get it now. My local dealer did not have any special finincing, even though he was willing to give me a good deal on the price. At the rist of alienating some people on this forum, I also got to say that I was not very impressed with the interior of the car. It does not feel luxurious at all,kinda generic. But considering that I liked the ride and handling, I'm reluctant to reject the car just because it does not have wood trim and does not feel as upscale as my 10 yo J30.
    If you have any opinions on 04 vs 03 or the quality of interior, please share.
     Thanx,
    Alex
    If you're really into wood trim, there is a good aftermarket kit that one can get for the FX. Pics can be seen here.

Hosts (edited) :), it was easier to put the link to the pics rather than the link of each picture.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Works for me Crikey, but Tidester and me are just hosts, if you'll pardon the grammar. :-)

Steve, Host
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    ...it was easier to put the link to the pics rather than the link of each picture.

I'll say! It's nontrivial to extract pics from Multimedia Flash.

tidester, host
    Oh, you could grab the pics (and of course, the URL), it's just a PITA.
  • slummyjslummyj Member Posts: 57
    A few weeks ago I had an "incident" with my FX35. I talked to the dealer's service dept., they said they would check it out and get back to me. Of course I have heard nothing. I e-mailed Infiniti and also got no response. Here is what happened. My wife and I went out for dinner. The restaurant had valet parking. When we came out of the restaurant the car was only about 5 feet from where we had left it. The valet said they shut off the car and it would not restart. Actually, the ignition switch would not turn. I have the tech package. It would not move without a key, with the tech key or with the valet key. Trying to turn the steering wheel made no difference. Pressing the shift lock button made no difference. I called Infiniti's 800 number and they sent a tow truck. This was Sat. night so the dealer wasn't open, but we had the car towed in and I figured I would call the dealer Mon. morning. As we were getting into the cab to get home, I got a call from the tow truck driver. He had the valet key and said he tried what works on his car when the car goes into a security mode. He said he put the key in the driver's door and locked and unlocked it 3 times and did something else that I don't remember. He said the ignition switch freed up and the car started. We took the cab to the dealer and picked up the car and took it home. It has not happened since. I have not been able to get an answer what happened to cause the ignition to lock up and what to do if it happens again. Could the valet drivers have done something with one of the menus in the nav system? I have not been able to find anything about this in the owner's manual and like I have said, neither the dealer nor Infiniti have responded. I certainly expected better treatment from them. Any ideas of what may have happened?