Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Sedona problems

Comments

• mcase2mcase2 Member Posts: 160
    I don't know about it being "all the grounds in the world". Lemon laws usually cite a major defect as cause for invoking the law. A simple thing like a door rattle or intermittent buzzer would probably not suffice. However your check engine light may indicate something serious and you could argue that it needs to be fixed so that you know when something major is wrong. Some laws can be invoked if the vehicle is off the road for a specified amount of time due to various defects. You might investigate this aspect of your states lemon law. You might also get an opinion from your attorney general's office as to what kind of defects they consider lemon-law worthy. In any case, start logging all phone calls and keep good records of the amount time your car is off the road. Get your ducks in a row so to speak :lemon:
    does your state have lemon law?
  • fortyfiverfortyfiver Member Posts: 6
    Yes, we have a Lemon Law.

One nagging problem or returning problem that isn't cured can be used. Also a series of problems left un-repaired can qualify. Like others, and fair enough, there is an amount of lost time and number of incidents. It's actually about the same as most states with such a law.

Yes - we are documenting any repairs, but I do that with any vehicle.

Look - EVERY manufacturer has some issue or issues right now. (Anyone care to talk about the Mazda M5?) Cars are VERY complicated machines. So I know there will be little annoyances. As long as the ARE fixed by a dealer, properly and timely, that isn't any problem for me until they have the car more than I do. (Had a Jeep like that once!) Or it lets me down at a time when I really need it.

My problem here was the dealer handing over this car, after all we had to go through to get the paperwork correct and get the dealer-prep done, with that indicator light on. Some dolt somewhere during the process should have seen that as he drove it up to the door, running? But then, "Lot Boys" are generally not way up on the skills ladder.

We will see. It gets a fair chance now, as fair as we can give it, but it is "on the block" and probably will be trade-bait even at a pretty big loss.

On some manufacturers' cars, a loose or leaking gas-filler cap CAN cause the trouble light to come on, and tightening the cap and driving a while CAN reset the code. Not a defect - just the way the system was designed. It could be that the cure was in the 50 or so miles they put on the car while they had it, waiting for a part. But they should at least state that verbally AND on the service receipt. Nothing in the owner's manual indicates the loose cap would cause the warning light or that topping up the tank will cause it. Nothing there states it might go away in a while of driving. Of course, on the side of safety, they advise taking it into a dealer for a checkup.
  • dnk5683dnk5683 Member Posts: 3
    I can honestly say I feel your pain!! We bought a 2003 Sedona and it has been in the shop EIGHT times in 27 months. It just got out Friday 9/16 and will be going in again within the next week. I have read the messages on this board with interest as they address the same issues we have had...Radio/CD player that for no reason goes up and down in volume, brake problems that KIA service states is not a problem but was identified by a certified mechanic as warped rotors (from the day we drove it off the lot), loose molding pieces, undiagnosed steering problem (knocking, binding, etc) broken motor mounts and not to be outdone a blown engine at 30,000 miles!!

We do all required service on our van and the blown engine was 110 miles into a family vacation. When we had it towed to a dealer to replace the engine they stated this was the third '03 Sedona they had seen with a thrown rod and all the issues accompanying that event.

We fought with the dealer to service the vehicle correctly all this time and we still were denied the claim the brakes were bad from the factory.

I have talked to a few mechanics and warped rotors and stuck pins are two known problems with Kia Sedona brake systems. Keep fighting the dealer to repair the brakes until they are to your satisfaction. Also, document ALL your complaints with names, dates, etc. Our dealer here in Portland, OR only seems to document half of what we bring the van in for.

Good luck on the brake issue. I would suggest calling the Kia Motors factory rep at 800-333-4542. Brian is at ext 45782 and he is good to work with. Every time you have an issue with the dealer call him or his co-workers and have them "babysit" the repair before and after you take it into the dealer.
    I have used synthetic oil since we got our '03 Sedona and the MPG still sucks. 12 in the city and maybe 18-20 on the highway.
    I JUST went through the same problem last week!! I have an '03 Sedona and from day 1 the passenger side front brakes would vibrate and "wobble" when braking and the harder you pushed the worse it got. I took it to the dealer 8 times for different things and 3 of those times I indentifed the brake symptoms. Every time they said it was normal. Right. I have been driving for 20 years and it's not "normal" At 29,000 I had the pads replaced but nothing else needed done in regards to the brakes. At 38,000 the pads needed replaced again which was unusual for ceramic pads. This time the rotor was replaced and low and behold no more wobble!! The KIA tech stated the driver side rotor was warped and the other one probably was too from the factory.

Definetely stay on the dealer and document everything. The Sedona's definetely have a rotor problem.
  • knightdriverknightdriver Member Posts: 1
    Synthetic oil will protect the engine better, and longer than organic. The Tornado does NOTHING!! My recent issue of Popular Mechanics reviews a number of those "mpg improvers". Some did nothing, others decreaced the mpg, and one caught fire!! If you do a 40 mile highway drive every 1-2 wks, or use fuel with cleaning additives to keep the combustion chambers carbon-free, you'll be fine. ;)
  • bluedevilsbluedevils Member Posts: 2,554
    Picked up our Sedona today. Finally, after more than a year of putzing around with repainting the rear liftgate, our dealership has managed to get all 3 of the badges - 'Kia,' 'Sedona,' and 'EX' - affixed to our van.

We also ended up with a new seatback cover and new seat cushion cover on the driver's seat. The seat cushion - the part you sit on - had been cracking and wearing, which was somewhat acceptable at 3.5 years old. At first I was upset that the dealer accidentally replaced the seatback cover (the part your back rests up against) instead. But now that they replaced the seat cushion cover on the next visit, it's nice to know we've got a driver's seat with all-new leather on a van that has 55k miles on it.

We also had an Oil Pressure Warning light for a while. Dealer replaced a sending unit sensor or something like that. No more oil light.

As usual with our dealer, they are polite and willing to fix just about any issue we mention under warranty. But they are somewhat incompetent and many of our concerns require multiple trips for final resolution.

Because of the most recent snafus, they threw in a free oil change/lube/filter.
  • minivanfrankminivanfrank Member Posts: 83
    My posts about Kiatech being possibly asked not to post have been deleted by our host. Claires, If you did in fact ban Kiatech please tell us. We are all adults here...this is your message board...that is your prerogative. Instead of deleting my posts...why not just tell us? :D
    I second that motion. Looking forward to an update from our host(s)...
    I think that it is time to get rid of my Kumho's. The front tires failed inspection and the rear sidewalls are starting to crack at 24k. I am leaning towards the Firestone Affinity LH 30's but have not totally decided yet.

I ended up putting on new disc pads on the front of the Sedona the other day. I used the Autozone pads that I had spoken about earlier. I had failed inspection for that and the tires...and it was also recommended to adjust the rear shoes. I popped the rear drums and...lo and behold...I needed new brake shoes in the back also. :cry: I just purchased them and will be installing shortly.

Someone had asked whether the rear brakes are self-adjusting or not...the answer is that there is, in fact a self-adjuster (although in my case it did not seem to work that well)!
  • boxwrenchboxwrench Member Posts: 55
    Frank,

It seems a litle early to replace Brake Pads at 24K. And the rear brakes usually last twice as long as front pads. This doesn't say much for the Kia braking system. My '04 EX has ABS, and I'm wondering how long the pads will last. They feel as good as when I first drove it. No warped, or shimmi, or pedal pulsing. Just passed 17K and the Kuhmo's look like at least another 10K left.
    I was the one that was wondering about the rear brake self-adjusters. My dealer said I should have the brakes adjusted at 7.5K. My question is why, if it has self adjusters!

Boxwrench
    Boxwrench,
    After pulling off the pads and looking at them...I probably could have squeezed another year out of them. But then I would have to argue with the mechanic who said that they were a bit more worn down than they actually were. He had written up (1/32" left) ...they were not as bad as that. Quite easy to change out so no problem there.
    As to the rear shoes...the drivers side front was worn down more than the passenger side front and needed to be replaced...actually the passenger side was still within spec.

The tires probably could have lasted a bit longer if I had been more vigilant with the rotation. My fronts were ready for the trash and, although the rear tires still have a decent amount of tread on them, I did not like the look of the cracks on the sidewalls. :surprise:

By the way, this month in Consumer Report there is a section on tires and the Hanook Mileage Plus II H725 gets a #3 recommended rating of those tested in the All Season category. :D
  • fanceefancee Member Posts: 3
    We found the same thing with our 2005 EX. I am not certain why this happens but sure seems dumb to me. My husband thinks it is kinds cute, not sure about his thinking either. So what if I open the van door put my purse inside, open the back door to put in packages, then all side doors lock...............sooooooooooo the only way I can get in is to crawl through the back, what sense does this make. Would love to know their thinking with this feature.
  • richardsonrichardson Member Posts: 92
    Frank;
    We have a 04 EX, the rear brakes really seem tight. Did you have any problem adjusting your rear brakes thru that little slot in the back? All I can see is a spring. I tried taking the drums off, but they are too tight. We have a Toyota Rav4. That has the adjusting slot on the drum. One of the easiest cars I've worked on. Jim
    Jim,
    There are actually two slots in the back. The lower one (which you normally think you would be using to adjust the brakes with) is for the inspection of the brake shoe.

The upper access slot (near the wheel cylinder) is the one required to adjust the star wheel with. Pop off the dust cap and look a bit forward of the slot and you will see the star wheel.

To tighten the shoes:
    - drivers side: star wheel turns in a CCW direction looking fwd
    - passenger side: star wheel turns in a CW direction looking fwd

Hope this helps :D
    Thanks for the info Frank, I will give it another try. Jim
    I forgot to mention that in order to take the rear drums off you must first remove the (2) each phillips head machine screws that hold the drum to the axle flange. I needed to use my impact screwdriver on these to get them started.

When you look at these drums you will see that they are also tapped out in (2) other places in order to accept the same size screws.

You first remove the screws from their original location and then screw both back into the other holes evenly...this pushes the drum off of the axle. :D
  • kiagonemadkiagonemad Member Posts: 1
    I have this same issue. Kia tech told me he had never heard those type of noises before and that he has no clue on how to stop them. He took off the drum and cleaned it, but the noise is still occurring. It does not happen until I've been driving the van at least 30 min.

Have you had any luck getting it stopped?
    Frank;
    Thanks a lot for that information. I had gone out and bought two bolts to fit into the empty drum holes. I tried to get the drums off, but of course it didn't work.
    What a change. They used to have a couple of metal clips to keep the drums from falling off. Jim
  • jdfjdf Member Posts: 7
    Well its getting cold again here in CT especially in the AM and its time for my 2002 Sedona to refuse to shift out of park in the mornings. Sometimes it can take up to 30 minutes of idling before it allows my to leave my driveway. We've found a little access port next to the shift lever (referred to as the shift override i the owners manual). We put a screwdriver in and push and VOILA, the car shifts out of park. It sat for two nights & three days last year in below freezing temps at the dealer and "they couldnt duplicate the problem". Ive started video taping the problem and plan to bring this with me on my next appointment, soon.
    Any thoughts on what this may be and if the override is doing any damage? This only happens when the temps start to change dramatically in fall & spring. Nothing in summer or dead of winter.
    John :mad:
    I don't have much to offer except to ask if you've had your transmission fluid drained/filled or power-flushed/exchanged? I have no idea if old and/or worn-out trans fluid could contribute to the problem you are experiencing.

Our 2002 EX lives through Michigan winters and has never had any trouble shifting in or out of Park. We did have the trans fluid 'replaced' at the dealer about a year ago as a preventive maintenance item.
  • grandtotalgrandtotal Member Posts: 1,207
    While this problem is happening put your foot on the brake and check that the brake lights are lit.

Using the shift override should not cause any damage.
    We have not had the fluid changed. The problem began around 20K. We may try that.
    The brake lights do light. We've had to use the override at least a dozen times over the past few days.
    The tire ratings are in the November issue of consumer reports.
  • worleyworley Member Posts: 1
    we bought our 2005 kia sedona van july19,2005 and it has been in the shop for 7 days with brake problems.the problem i am having is vibration when you apply the brakes.it has already had 2 new sets of rotors and pads on the front and 1 new set on the back,still not fixed.kia told me today there is only so many times that they will let them put rotors and brakes on a van so they were going to get ahold of the rep.so he could come and drive it and see if he couldn't get them to look futher into the problem but the service deptment tells us there is nothing else they can do and calls it fixed.i live in nc and the vechile can go 3 times into service and not be fixed and it is called a lemon.i have contacted a lemon law ;awyer and she told me i am almost there one more time.i took it in on sept.22,thay said it was fixed i took it back on sept 23 and they kept it 6 days and it still isn't fixed.the gm told me today that the noise i am hearing is probably because my rotors were crstalized and something is causing them to get hot and warping them but come on even after 2 new sets on the front.if any suggestions let me know,they should have to replace these vans with another.my van has 4,600 miles on it by the way. :sick:
  • sudsy1sudsy1 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same slide whistle/motorcycle type noise but it comes from the from the FRONT passenger seat. It too happens mostly on hot days when the AC is running a lot. It's pretty freaky. If anyone knows what this is, please include me in any response. Thanks! Mine is a 2003 KIA Sedona EX with about 28,000 miles.
    John,

You deffinitely have a problem with the transmission shifter. I just went out to my van and didn't even start the car, just turned on the key, and when you push down on the brake pedal, you can move the shifter. I have a '04 Sedona EX with ABS. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the transmission fluid, or even the transmission. There is either a mechanical or electrical link to the shift lever and is is not functioning properly. Older cars never had the interlock with the brake/trans shift lever. You could put the shifter in any gear as soon as you turned on the key without stepping on the brake.
    Make them fix it!!

Boxwrench
  • brumfieldbrumfield Member Posts: 1
    I have also experienced the odd noise coming from the right rear of the van. We have had the wheel barrings replaced in the wheel. Then we thought the noise was from the AC and had new lines installed on it also. The AC is even louder now than before. It doesn't matter when I am driving for the noise to appear. I did experience the noise when I was pulling into our drive way and as I stopped the van the noise started and then went away. It was like a spring over stretched and going back into place. The service department can't hear the noise either.
  • jrwbflojrwbflo Member Posts: 1
    I have just had my 2005 Sedona towed to dealer. I shifted into drive but nothing happened. Dealer tells transmission has to be replaced. I have only had van 5 weeks and have less than 800 miles on it. Has anybody else had this problem? I would like to feel I am not alone.
  • darren2darren2 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, When you use your remote transmitter to unlock your van's door, you have 30 seconds to put your key in the ignition. This is a safety feature that most newer cars have in case you unlock your doors on accident. I would put the key in the ignition when you put your purse inside or keep the the key on you until you are ready to drive.
  • 03sedonaowner03sedonaowner Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested to see what you were told about the lurching problem with your Sedona. I have the same problems with my '03 and have had my van in twice to two different dealerships and both said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Of course! I'd like to take a tech with me when I'm in busy downtown traffic and I step on the gas, pressing the pedal to the floor, and nothing happens!
  • spectramanspectraman Member Posts: 255
    Here you go boys and girls!

http://www.autonews.com/news.cms?newsId=13511

Kia Motors Corp. is recalling 74,276 Sedona minivans from 2002 to 2004 model years equipped with power seats because a problem with the wiring under the front seats could cause a fire.
    Hello, You mean to say this minivan is designed so that you can't unlock it with the remote, lift the rear hatch and load groceries? Other vans take care of accidental unlocking by allowing thirty second to open one of the doors before the auto re-lock kicks in (No need to put the key in the ignition). This means you can open your van with the remote and load the groceries and the kids. Sorry, but this is one DUMB Kia design. You may be able to have it reprogrammed to function intelligently though.
    Fancee, Despite what some people might say your right: this is one DUMB feature. Intelligently designed cars take care of accidental unlocking by allowing thirty second to open one of the doors before the auto re-lock kicks in (No need to put the key in the ignition). This means you can open your van with the remote and load the groceries and the kids. You may be able to have it reprogrammed to function intelligently though. What on Earth were they thinking :confuse:
    Your not alone: just read back through this forum. Heck, one lucky Kia owner had three engines and two transmissions replaced or was it three transmissions and two engines. Lonely? You are never going to feel like the Maytag repairman around here. Seriously though, I would suggest you start familiarizing yourself with your state's :lemon: law and get out from under.
    mcase2, darren2, et al,

I just did a test on my '04 EX and this is the result: If you use the remote to unlock all doors (two times on UNLOCK) all doors unlock, and if you only open the rear Hatch, they will relock in 30 sec. If, on the other hand, you open any 1 of 4 side doors first, then open the rear hatch, all doors stay unlocked. It is not necessary to put keys in the Ignition to keep the doors from relocking!

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? MEN PUT KEYS IN THEIR POCKET, WOMEN PUT KEYS IN THEIR POCKETBOOK (purse) and put that in the car first. Listen and Learn!

Boxwrench
  • bpgungirlbpgungirl Member Posts: 15
    Hi,
    I have a '05 sedona which has an extremely noisy air conditioning unit. The head mechanic told me that it needed to have some parts updated,hose and some type of valve and then to be recharged. After the parts came in, I again left the unit at the shop. When I returned,7 1/2 hours later, nothing had been done. The service advisor advised me that Kia Tech has to approve or disapprove any and all repairs.My replacement parts that was SUGGESTED to be done by their own top mechanic were not approved and Kia Tech told the advisor to advise me that "everything was normal". I have 3,000 miles on it,it has been in the shop 9 times since I bought it April 29 2005. No problem has ,air,breaks,noisy rear end,Homelink center was replaced and still not working. Anyways, bottom line is the service advisor advised me that there is NOTHING wrong and not to bring the vehicle back there for the same problems.He said that he can only do what Kia Tech tells him to do and if I didn't like it I should get a lawyer !!!
    Guess what I did ----- I got a Lemon law lawyer :)
    Boxwrench, I was responding to two posts that claimed you had to put the key in the ignition. I am relieved to hear its not that crazy. However, this is a vehicle people load from the hatch all the time. Nobody would want the inconvenience of running around opening doors and then running back to the hatch. Nobody wants the inconvenience of digging their keys out twice. It really becomes bad in any parking lot that is not perfectly level and the shopping cart goes rolling away while your doing all this door opening and key fumbling. The people who should "Listen and Learn!" are the KIA engineers.
    mcase2

I guess I'm old-fashioned. I have "fumbled" with keys all my life regarding cars. This Sedona is the first vehicle that I've owned that had a remote lock/unlock feature. I don't have a problem with hitting the unlock button more than once. Besides you still have to get your keys out to put in the ignition to start the car anyway, so where is the problem? If you had a sedan you would have to hit 2 buttons - one for the trunk and one for the doors.
    Society in general is getting too dependant on "remotes" and automatic features. I guess it is a good time to be getting Old!

On anther note, I feel that any buisness with shopping carts should have a brake device on the carts, that when you take your hands off the cart the brake is applied. Kinda like the lawn mowers that won't run unless you hold down the bar to keep the engine running. That would solve the problim of runaway carts. Maybe I should patent that Idea!

Just MHO
    Boxwrench
  • kiaalkiaal Member Posts: 2
    WOW! I should have looked here before I purchased my first KIA Sedona. It would have most likely deterred me from my decision. It sometimes seems like the best teacher is experience. In my case that is what I am learning. Have been in a battle with the dealer as well as with KIA themselves. KIA is producing a product that looks great from the outside but does not function well. At least in my case. Have found many with great things to say and many with not so great things to say. It almost seems like taking a chance when you purchase this vehicle. Miles Per Gallon on my vehicle is terrible. KIA and the dealer tell me that it may improve. I do not believe this. After owning over 15 vehicles in my life, I do not think that it will improve. So far NO GOOD! Am getting between 10 & 13 MPG mix Hwy & City. KIA rates it at 18MPG. Oh it's stated by them as average and oh yes this is only average. This means that it can vary. How much they do not know. Not much they can do. Was told by the KIA Rep that unless they find a problem that it is not a problem. At least not theirs'. Have asked about a week ago that they do a consumption test and have not heard back. What a surprise! I asked them to do this test because then they will find out that I am correct. They will not exchange the vehicle either. Cars usually run within the stated MPG listed but KIA's are an exception. Was told that it can vary substantially if you are running the AC. I guess it will vary due to driving the vehicle as well.
    My second problem that I am experiencing is the brake rotors. They are starting to warp. Realize that it has been noted on the Net that KIA uses materials for their rotors that are highly susceptible to warping. This means that the materials used cannot withstand the high temp during braking. If a metal reaches a temperature that is at, close to or beyond where it starts to break down, it will start to warp. I guess that this is my next issue. Would appreciate any and all feedback because I believe that it is the only way that we will be able to assure that the vehicles sold n the US are of GOOD QUALITY.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Look forward to hearing from you.

AL
    Boxwrench, your right, we are getting too dependant on remotes. Someone once told me they were approached by a women who was frantic because the battery in her remote had died and she was locked out of her car. The remote was next to her key on her key ring. Maybe it just an urban legend, but it is the way our minds work. Think how many people have been killed trying to get stalled cars to start at rail road crossings rather than simpley getting out and walking away. Anyway, I like your brake idea.
    No manufacturer will guarantee mileage. I bought my wife a 04' Toyota Corolla that got horrendous city miles, but got great highway miles. Toyota would not touch it. The lemon would not touch it either. Toyota claimed (as will all other manufactures) that the EPA assigns the mileage. i.e. the mileage rating is the result of government tests. Some vehicles get their highway miles, but few make their city miles. There is a growing demand for more realistic testing. But for what its worth, the ECU was reflashed on my wife's Corrola as part of another issue and this improved the mileage. What was happening was the code was not quite right and the car would flood slightly when going from gas to brake. Test the Sedona's highway miles and see what you get. You may have a similar problem, and may be able to get a similar fix.
  • times2times2 Member Posts: 45
    This is my first post. I've been reading the forum and was surprised no one posted about the recall related to the Kia fires. I did mine for 2002 because I have a 2002 EX, but I think it affects at least 2002-2005.

Here it is:
    Make : KIA Model : SEDONA EX Year : 2002
    Manufacturer : KIA MOTORS AMERICA, INC.
    NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 05V463000 Mfg's Report Date : OCT 04, 2005
    Component: SEATS
    Potential Number Of Units Affected : 74276
    Summary:
    ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH POWER SEATS, THE WIRING UNDER THE FRONT SEATS COULD BE MISROUTED, ALLOWING CONTACT WITH METAL SEAT COMPONENTS.
    Consequence:
    THIS CONTACT COULD EVENTUALLY RESULT IN A SHORT CIRCUIT CONDITION THAT MAY RESULT IN A FIRE IN THE JUNCTION BOX AREA OF THE VEHICLE.
    Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND RE-ROUTE THE WIRES UNDER THE POWER SEATS, IF NECESSARY, AS WELL AS INSTALL PROTECTIVE SEAMING WELTS AROUND THOSE WIRES TO BETTER INSULATE THEM. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING NOVEMBER 2005. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT KIA AT 1-800-333-4542.
    Notes:
    KIA RECALL NO. SC054. CUSTOMERS CAN CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION’S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236; (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
    Thanks for the info. Spectraman had also posted about this on post # 980 :)
  • bpgungirlbpgungirl Member Posts: 15
    Hi,
    My 2005 Sedona is getting 11.5 to 12.5 mpg driving about 40% hwy and 60% city. The best I got on a short trip (150 miles) was 14.1 mpg. One service advisor advised me that I didn't break the motor in right and it was my fault. Then he said that the motor wouldn't even be broken in until at least 25,000 miles !! Then another advisor said that even RUNNING the A/C should have very little or next to nothing to do with the mileage you get. After 2 weeks he said he did a study and found that the A/C shouldn't be used in the city if I wanted my milage to improve !!
    Now, I bought this van April of 2005 and it has 3,150 miles. It has been in the repair shop now 10 different days,the problems were noticed,agreed they were there by the service advisor yet no problem has been resolved yet even though parts had been ordered. The advisor said that the only repair they can make are the ones that KIA TECH approves and to advise owners that the problems won't be fixed because they are "NORMAL" according to KIA TECH
    I thought I did pretty good research before buying this car. I have never been so embarrased in my life to find out how much the wool got pulled over my eyes on this one. :lemon:
    Don't be embarrassed. Some people have had Kia's that function ok., But as someone else in this forum said its a crap shoot. Low mileage probably will not qualify you for the Lemon law. However, if you have had other problems and enough time off the road because of them you can probably get rid of this :lemon: . I would seriously look into the lemon law where you live and move on it before its too late. Don't buy into the Kia song and dance about how this kind of thing occurs with all other makes - get out while the getting is good! Remember, the resale on Kias is zilch so act now.
    Spectraman,

Great article & site. I guess it is the nature of the beast that everyone with complaints and problems make them known here. You don't hear much from the many more owners that are really happy and satified with their Kia. I'm sure Kia is not alone in the problem/complaint department. There are enough problems to cover all makes & models. It appears that Kia is really working to improve their image in America. Now if they could just improve the MPG average on Sedona's with some kind of retrofit it would probably eliminate 80% of the complaints!

IMHO
    Boxwrench
  • sherri2sherri2 Member Posts: 2
    I have also had the odd motorcycle noises coming from my 03 Kia. The service techs can never seem to figure out the problem. This has been going on since I've had the van and each year the noises seem to get louder and louder. I'm not sure how this problem will ever get fixed if the techs have no clue! Since you have had some work done on your AC, it looks as though the problem isn't with the AC??
    I can't figure it out!! Now, I seem to be having a strange odor I can smell inside the van, it almost smells like vinegar. Don't know what that could possibly be either! I like the van but these strange problems that can't seemed to be solved irritates me!
This discussion has been closed.