Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi TT Problems and Solutions

2»

Comments

• vealboyvealboy Member Posts: 10
    I was really thinking about getting a 2001 Audi TT Quattro Coupe. Now after reading this, I may reconsider. I really, really like the way the car looks. I am going to test drive it today...
  • tjack1tjack1 Member Posts: 4
    Just Wait!!!!
  • brugrebrugre Member Posts: 4
    My 2003 fwd auto roadster has had a wierd problem since new. When going slow and suddenly having to step down on it, as in pulling into traffic off a driveway, the car feels like it stalls. I have to let up with traffic closing in to get it going, very hairy! I've read that this condition has shown up in many 1.8T's in audi and volkswagen. My onboard shows no record even though the dealer says I describe the problem perfectly. They won't fix it without the readout. Hundreds of maf's have been replaced but they claim there is no recall or service bulletin. Anyone have any info or has gotten audi to fix this on warranty?
  • red13red13 Member Posts: 1
    David,
    I have an 2002 audi tt. I am having problems with the top engage light. The top is latched and the light stays on. How did you fix yours? red13
  • ageezerageezer Member Posts: 7
    I had the same problem with the top engaged light staying on and the solution was to replace the instrument cluster. This was done by the dealership under warranty. The new cluster also repaired s few other problems ie: DIC LCD's were being cut in half, doors would lock eratically and gas door would not always open, had to do it from inside the trunk on a couple of occasions. Also, the driver's side window would not drop when the door was opened....passenger side worked fine. Hope this helps, the cluster was the culprit.
  • fiasco222fiasco222 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 TT 1.8. As with many people posting, I have a series of problems with the car.

Currently (last 3 months) the engine runs rough and has power loss problems. 2 issues:

1. When I start the car in the morning it runs rough, makes popping noises and I can not just drive off, it will only go about 5 miles per hr and if I try to accelerate it starts hopping and jolting violently - again with little power.

2. After it warms up in the driveway, I can go faster, but still have power problems and it runs rough - all day.

When I go to accelerate, if I push slowly on the peddle, the car will jolt and bounce roughly..also exhibiting power loss problems. SO, to be able to merge with traffic, I have to floor it and then it hesitates for a second or two and then (it seems) the gas flows properly - because the engine lets the car accelerate smoothly - but fast. I have to floor it through all the gears until I get to cruising speed.

When running a consistent speed, it will also sometimes jump a little. Seems like the fuel flow is not consistent and I thought it might be a fuel filter, but then figured, if it was clogged, it would be clogged when I floor it too - right?

I have the typical electrical instrument problems as well, but have had them for 2 yrs and live with it. So they are not part of this issue.

the Engine light came on about 3 weeks before this problem started.

Anyone have any ideas
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    You've probably noticed new discussions appearing all over the forums. What's happening is that we are closing generic, everything-in-one pile discussions like this and creating smaller discussions that deal with specific areas of interest. You'll find a number of discussions listed at the top level of this group: Audi TT

When you're ready to post, please check the discussion list there for the appropriate discussion to post in. If you don't see a discussion that fits your question or problem, feel free to create one. We can deal with accidental duplication of topics as things progress.

While you're at the top-level, don't forget to click on "Track This Group". That way, you'll be able to track all of the discussions that are already here, as well as any new ones as they are created.

Using the "Read New Posts" link will mean you won't miss anything on the TT board. If you see a discussion that doesn't interest you, all you have to do is click on the "Remove Track" link within the discussion.

Thanks for your understanding and help in making this group a great resource of information for TT owners!

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.