Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    mjart,

and there have been many times when the driver's side seat belt did not fully retract and I wound up accidentally slamming the door against the strap!

One would think that after 35 years of seatbelt experience, manufacturers would know how to get it right by now! :-)

tidester
    Host
    SUVs
  • 14er14er Member Posts: 10
    I went back to the dealer today. When I bought my Jeep I didn't know they had a $500 rebate for veterans. I didn't fill in any paper work when I bought the Jeep, but DC sent me a mailing from when I went to the Jeep WEB site. In the mailing they had a blip about the rebate. Even though I had closed on the deal two weeks ago they said they could still submit the paper work. So I was very happy with the dealership.

Also had them look at the place where the soft top connects. They had stripped the two screw on the passenger side. They again said no problem and ordered the parts. They didn't have them in stock or they would have fixed it while I waited. So both issues were taken care of without any hassle.

No real rattles, yet, but I did hear a noise from the back. Then I figured out it was my bowling ball. Can't blame that on DC. With the stereo on playing CDs I don't really notice the noise. I think it is quiter than I expected after reading some of the post here. I have only driven with the hardtop though.
  • goducks1goducks1 Member Posts: 432
    I thought my Jeep had dried out pretty well from this weekend's downpours; I had pulled up the carpet in the back and let everything dry out pretty well. Still, it had that peculiar "Jeep funk" when I got in it this morning (I'll never forget one of my buddies hopping in my YJ once after it hadn't-quite-dried-out and telling me "yep, starting to get that Jeep smell"). I found out why this afternoon--I guess the water ran up under the Husky floor liners up front too. I just got done mopping up some more semi-fetid water that was still in there from this weekend.

Still learning my lesson--it is NOT a good idea to let it rain in your car, even if it is a Jeep, at least if you have carpet in there.
  • larry18larry18 Member Posts: 48
    Went in today and ordered a 5M, trac-lok, dual top sienna Sahara. Now comes the long wait. Already planning a vacation to Ouray, CO next summer.
  • tsjaytsjay Member Posts: 4,591
    Congrats! How long for delivery?

Mind telling what you paid in relation to invoice (would help others that are in the market for a Jeep)?

Black tops?

Happy for you, my man!

tsjay

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
    Paid invoice for it. Tan tops. Oklahoma summers are a bit too hot for black. Another dealer found one almost identical to the one I ordered but he wanted full msrp for it. I figure for a couple of grand I can wait a little while and get exactly what I want.
  • jpkury1jpkury1 Member Posts: 2
    I have to agree, you should buy what you want. The dealers would love to sell you a jeep off the lot, but if they don't have want, then order. The going rate for a Wrangler seems to be somewhere between invoice and about 300 under invoice. That includes all fees but not TT&L. It doesn't include any rebates. $500 or 0% and $500 military (plus 7 year or 100K powertrain) can knock another $1000 off the final price. When do they think the jeep will arrive?
    Invoice, WOW! That's a good deal! Plus, you got the $500 rebate. Did you have to haggle much to get that deal?

I ordered my Thelma Jane almost exactly one year ago (11/16/00). I had to pay $200 over invoice, and the $500 rebate had not been initiated yet.

tsjay

• yellowmanyellowman Member Posts: 209
    Hey all

Well, just got oil change #3 at 10,200 miles and this time went with tsjay's favorite, Mobil 1. I forgot how much he pays, but I went to Costco and bought 6 quarts for $21.50, so about $3.60 per quart. I was going to try doing the change myself, but I decided to go with my mechanic this time and do it myself next time. I haven't measured a full tank's mileage yet, but I'll post that info when I have it, should be sometime in the middle of next week.

As for oil filters, anyone have a preference? I used a Pennzoil one last time (about $2) and an STP one this time (about $3), but I noticed Mobil 1 has a REALLY pricey version, something like $12 at Autozone. Can the oil filter really make that much difference? Maybe the higher-end ones are for those who deal with a lot of dirt and grime getting into the engine.

While I was at Autozone I bought a plastic oil pan for $2 for my planned self-change in 3,000 miles. I figure if nothing else, I'll at least get to know my Jeep a little better.

Also, I had my mechanic rotate the tires for me, I figured 10,000 miles was about a good time to do that. Anyone have any suggestions in that regard?

yellowman

p.s. - mtngal, yes I definitely need to look into some dirty activities before I get the thing washed - so far I've had to survive on driving through parking lot construction at my local post office for off-road fun!
  • jeepheadjeephead Member Posts: 49
    Yellowman, I know what you mean about dirty activities...I have had the chance to play around a lot off road, but not much recently. I moved in July to where I live now, which is about an hour from where the rest of my family lives. I used to be able to go out in my brother's woods (has about 50 acres that used to be a campground, which was perfect for playing around in), but now it is too far to drive for casual offroading. Plus, when I am back there visiting, he has put a stop on 4-wheeling there for the time being, since it is deer hunting season. I miss getting dirty, playing around. I am ready for about 2 feet of snow so I can at least play around in that! Oh well, it will snow soon enough.
  • nycjeepnycjeep Member Posts: 5
    Hi all, I have a 2000 Sahara and was hoping to upgrade the stereo system with a CD Changer, Subwoofer, and speakers. Has anyone attempted to do this installation on their own and if so, how difficult is it to get into the dash? Also, any recommendations for amplifier and CD Changer placement would be helpful. I can't bear with the Chrysler stereo any more.

Thanks and Big Wave to all of you!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Time to Refinance Your Car Loan?

(maybe even refi that last payment, Ducks, lol?)

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards
    Yes, dropping from my current rate of 6.95% to the 6.25% they mention in the article would save me...um...38 cents over the final month. If I do it today. Hmm. What kind of mod can I do with that 38 cents? Suggestions? Maybe a generic can of soda for the cupholder?
    goducks,

What kind of mod can I do with that 38 cents?

Hmmm...let's see...that should just about cover the sales tax on a can of Turtle Wax!

tidester
    Host
    SUVs
  • cklausingcklausing Member Posts: 16
    As for getting into the dash, it is probably the easiest dash I've ever worked with! Just pop out the plastic runner that goes along the top of your dash (held down by a couple of snaps). After you've got that off, there are only 3 screws which you'll need to remove to get at the middle section of the dash (which is all you'll need off to swap out head units). The first two are beneath the plastic runner you removed. The last one is behind the ash tray. After you've got those three screws out, the middle section of the dash snaps out, and the rest pretty much explains itself. The head unit is held down in opposite corners (I think it's just those two places, but it has been awhile). Once you've got that out, as long as you made sure to pick up a wiring harness and a conversion adapter to put in the new head unit, it's a piece of cake. I think my total turnaround time was about 45 minutes, but most of that was wiring up the wiring harness and putting shrink tubing around all the connections.

As for the other parts, I think the biggest pain you'll have is doing the wiring for the rest of the stuff, and perhaps the speaker upgrade (depending on what speakers you put in). The soundbar speakers are a snap, but the front ones can be a pain as they use non-standardized speaker mounts. I built my own adapters for this, but you might be able to buy them (or you could just drill into the metal and mount them that way). As for sub/amp placement, I'd suggest behind the rear seat.

One last thing to consider would be the use of a mp3 head unit rather (or in addition to) a changer. I debated that one for about a week, and decided that the mp3 player was the way to go. Reasons behind that choice was that I could get more music on one mp3 cd than I could filling the changer, and there is less of a theft incentive. Most of all though, mp3 players can buffer. I've yet to have my mp3 cds skip on me AT ALL. A lot more than I can say for regular cds.

FYI: I ended up installing a Rockford Fosgate CD/MP3 head unit, and Infinity speakers all around (no sub). I'd say it took me longer to do the front two speakers than the rest of the stuff combined. All in all, it was less than a one-day job. Aside from the cost of the head unit and speakers, the only other things I bought were the wiring harness for the head-unit, mounting bracket for the head-unit, and wiring harnesses for all speakers. Sounds many times better than the stock setup, even without an external amp. Considering adding a sub in the future, but most likely won't bother because I actually need the space it would take up for other stuff, and don't want to bother taking it in/out depending on my needs.

Good luck!
    nycjeeper,

Okay, I've been reading these posts regularly for about two weeks now. Haven't had any luck with Edmunds registration until today, but I digress

Welcome aboard! We're glad you were persistent!

tidester
    Host
    SUVs
  • nycjeepernycjeeper Member Posts: 6
    Yes, I love my Jeep.
    Yes, I'm sorry to post again so quickly.
    No, I don't like the silly sahara sticker on the sides of my Jeep. Makes me feel like I'm driving Barbie's Dream Machine.

Any ideas on how to get these things off without ruining my finish? I'm thinking I should bring it in to a body shop and let them take care of it. However, if there's a way I can do this little procedure myself and save a few bucks, I'd be into taking matters into my own hands.
    Congratulations on that Sahara and welcome to the group. Glad you finally got registered so you could post.

I'm with you on removing that Sahara emblem. I wouldn't want it on my Jeep either, if I had a Sahara. That's just a matter of personal taste, and I'm sure most owners of Saharas would probably leave the emblems on.

Be a frequent poster, and let us know how you are enjoying that baby!

tsjay

• appstate88appstate88 Member Posts: 40
    I agree on the sticker. One food for thought, though. When (If?) you sell the Sahara (in say 20 or 30 years) It could very easily effect your resale value. Whatever your personal feelings, leaving it on there will increase the value.

I spent a couple of years working for Eddie Bauer and we would always catch it from both sides. The young crowd would say "We want it to have the Logo!" The older crowd would grump "You should pay me to advertise!"

Sometimes you can't win! :)

AppState
    You may get some hints in the Badge/emblem removal techniques discussion. (Leave it to someone in the "older" crowd to find that link, lol).

Steve
    Host
  • tluketluke Member Posts: 52
    I found some early info on the 2003 Wrangler that adds validity to some past rumors. Here is the site where you can check it out. I hope this sparks some discussion from people in the know, concerning '03 changes. Still here lurking and reading all posts.

http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b110901.htm

tluke

• dwranglerdwrangler Member Posts: 127
    Hey all,
    Whatcha been up to? Had a great night a couple of days ago in gill's chat room. Let's do it again soon.

Hey bama,
    congrats on the tide's game today. Bet you were happy. ;-)

Wheels,
    Where ya been son, it's been too long.

Saharagal,
    Keep in touch ya here?

To all you new Jeep owners...Congrats & one more thing...BOY AM I JEALOUS! ;-)

BRING BACK THE MUD HOLE GANG (You know who you are) ;-)

I'll try to make it for the chat Thursday, but I'm in class until 9pm(central time) so it may not be possible til after the middle of December.

Well, I look forward to talking to the gang and the rookies to the jeepster's page (edmunds)

Hug your Jeeps for me :-)
    dwrangler
  • wheelshighwheelshigh Member Posts: 30
    Hey I'll be there tonight around 8 or 9 if anybodies going to be around.
  • jthurlowjthurlow Member Posts: 21
    This is trivia, but may be of value; I have had my '99 Sport since April '99. Last week I found that the right rear tire was flat--I had picked up a wrench that punctured the tread.

For the first time, I assembled the jack; it is an easy jack to access and use, compared to others I have used over the years.

Of interest: I took the spare tire cover off and began to remove the three lug nuts. They were not "loose" but they came off easy--much easier than I expected. The last time the spare was off was two years ago--at 6,000 miles I had the spare balanced when I had the first rotation done.

I have never owned a vehicle with an outside mounted spare before. Suspect that the lug nuts loosened slightly due to road vibration; in the future, about once a year, I intend to check the spare lug nuts for tightness.
    Used "Goo-Gone" from Home Depot for $1.99 plus tax. Soaked the sticker, waited for about one minute, then it peeled off just like the old colorforms we used to play with. No glue residue either. Thanks for all the suggestions & links.

Also, took the jeep on it's first long trip with me as the driver. I did notice that the wind tends to 'push' the Jeep a little, but it wasn't anything like I've read. Had her up to about 95mph at one point and she handled wonderfully.

By the way, I hear absolutely NO road noise like it's been described. Is my Jeep magical or is my hearing starting to fade?

And what about the factory stereo? Mine is top-notch. I have the sound bar and the sub-woofer and it's the best sound I've ever had in a car. Why the dissatisfaction?

The one thing I have noticed is the engine is a bit louder than my old 4 cyl. Nissan or Acura, but I chalk that up to it being a 6 cyl. Sounds a little rough compared to the rice burners.

Also, my manual transmission sounds a little 'clanky' - that is to say, I can hear the gears clicking and clanking around as I shift. That's normal, right?

And then there's the clutch. I depress the clutch, shift, then release the clutch. The clutch pad will ALMOST return to it's normal position (about 1/2 an inch shy) then it sort of 'snaps' right back to where it's supposed to rest. Normal?

Any experience with the Jet Chip? Considering this modifacation, but am hesitant unless I hear success stories.

Please let me know.
    Stay away from those aftermarket chips. They will shorten the engine's life considerably and cause problems in the cat converter. The inline 6 will last forever if you treat it right but you have to remember it is a truck you are driving, not a sports car.

You had it up to 95 mph? Why? I'd be fearing for my life with anything over 80mph--one strong crosswind and you are history. I generally drive around 65mph, trying to keep my highway RPMS around 2000.
    Hey Spyro,
    Nice picture! What package do you have? It looks like you have color matching trim is it a Aniv. Ed. or a Sahara. Looks great with the extras and the bigger tires.

Doesn't matter what age they are if they feel the "need for speed", the only thing that usually stops their 'mad dashin' is a really nasty accident or one that's darn close to one (you know, the one that shows the feature film "This is (or was) your Life") as it flashes before their eyes. I know you're heart is in the right place, but I get the feeling the warning has already been given and ignored.

As for the 95mph driver, enjoy that jeep while you can cause driving like that will make it a short joy ride. Seriously, I don't have a Jeep of my own yet and I live vicariously through the stories that I read here. I have test driven several Wranglers and taken them out on the highway just to feel how they handle. I drove a Sahara sometime ago during the summer and was doing fine til' I caught a gust of wind from my right. I didn't have an accident and was doing around 65-70 but I definitely felt the balance shift, and if I had been going that fast (as you were) I definitely would have been a gonner, so be careful and I hope you enjoy the Jeep for a very long time.

If some of the rest of you made it to Gill's chat, sorry I missed you. Maybe next time.
    Gotta go.

Hug your Jeeps for me! :-)

dwrangler
  • davidb72davidb72 Member Posts: 174
    What's the big deal? I cruise around between 70-80 all the time on the highway. I agree it does handle better under 10, but it IS my daily driver. When you gotta go, you gotta go!
    For the record ... of course, no one here is advocating driving over the speed limit in any vehicle! :-)

tidester
    Host
    SUVs
  • mtngalmtngal Member Posts: 1,911
    I have on occasion driven my Wrangler above 75, but those times have been few and far between. It seems like when I start following someone doing that fast, I'm usually on the interstate somewhere around either Baker (I-15) or Gorman (I-5), and both are windy places, and especially difficult with a hard top. I don't like driving white knuckled because I'm trying to keep it between the white lines. In fact, I've noticed that even when it isn't windy, the steering is so quick, it feels unsafe. So during the winter when the Wrangler becomes our daily commuter, I just drive slower. It might take me 5 to 15 minutes longer to get home, but at least I'm not a wreck when I get there!
    And on that note, let's return to the joys of Wrangler ownership, shall we?

Steve
    Host
    Okay, guys, let's cool it! Let's get back on topic forthwith and drop the personal attacks.

tidester w/finger poised on delete button ...
    Host
    SUVs
    like we said :-)

(edit mode - check the Member Agreement for "civility". If y'all like, we can go back and kill the entire "moron" thread).

Steve
    Host
    Well, on the positive side, it means more posts up on the board, right? Things have been a little slow recently. Always look on the bright side, hosts.

I think the basic point is just that speeding in a Wrangler is like trying to speed in a lawnmower, the vehicle isn't built for it and is more quirky and dangerous than most at that speed if you can manage to overcome the incredible drag since you are about as aerodynamic as the side of a barn. There are very few vehicles on the road that are as easy to roll as a Wrangler.

I've driven my friend's Bimmer that fast on rural roads (um, for the host's sake, we'll say that was on a Montana interstate), but I don' t think he'd take his 3-series off-road, capiche? He'd get stuck. I'd have a good chance of flipping my Jeep if I did 95mph and got hit with a crosswind.
    Yeah, I'd like that. Or didn't you get the hint from my responses?
    "In addition, we do not tolerate harassment, or denigration based on age, gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability."

Where was your heavy-handed justice when my age was alluded to, Webby?
  • spyrodragonspyrodragon Member Posts: 147
    Ok, here we go again... NYCJeeper. Since they deleted my other post, I'll try to answer some of your questions with this one. The way to gain more HP in a Wrangler is pretty difficult. There are alot of aftermarket "bolt-on" modifications that can be done for some small bucks. So here we go,
    Champion Spark Plugs give a bit more hp by providing a more consistant spark, you probably don't need these yet because yours is still new.
    A Jacob's Ignition system has been used by some with good results and by others with no results, so be warry on that one.
    One simple thing you can do is to get a better air flow intake. Cut the air intake tube about 7-12" from where it goes into the throttle body. Get a K&N cone filter and attach it to the end. you can buy a whole kit for over $100 but if you just get the cone filter it won't cost you more than $60. The only problem is that the intake is still under the hood and it gets HOT under there. This method is ok if you don't want to get a snorkle (and since you don't have anywhere to use your jeep, you probably don't want this because it makes it look "redneckish") A snorkle is a great air intake method because it provides what is known as "ram-air" from the force of the air entering the snorkle. It also brings in colder air from outside and above the vehicle to keep the mixture cooler providing better combustion of the gas.
    A new exhaust system also does a decent amount of help in the HP catagory. A good catback and some new headers should do the trick. This is something that was picked up from the "ricer" community so I'm sure you know about all the exhaust methods. This will also help with that sound that you were taking about earlier. And yes, the reason that the jeep sounds more brute and rough than your previous 4cyl, is because of the I-6. It being an inline 6 puts out more torque than a V-6, and therefore sounds rougher, but it is a VERY durable engine.
    A throttle body spacer with a spiraling shape helps spin the air and allow for a more concise mixture.
    The supercharger as I stated before is the best thing you could do to gain HP but it is the most costly of all.

As for your problem with the clutch sticking then popping out is not terrably common. If it is still under warranty take it back. If you do want to run at 90+ mph you will probably end up burning up your transmission even with a manual. You might want to look into getting a transmission cooling device. It basically works like a small radiator by sending the fluid through the coils, cooling it off, and returning it to the transmission. It mounts in front of the radiator, right behind the grill.

As for the sound I'm assuming you have a 2001, do you have the soft top or hard top? If the soft, then the reason it is quiet is because in 2001 they came out with the 4-ply soft top, makes a hard top useless, it is very quiet and even warm. If you have a hard top, then that's the reason for low road noise.

Noise while changing gears is NOT good, especially when that noise is "clanking" It might be as simple as the way your changing gears but probably no, so get that check out too.

Hope this helps out some... if you would like some links to websites then let me know and I'll post them for ya.

Happy Jeepin'

P.S. I hate country music, I prefer the Blues.
    Ok did we miss any?

Unlike a few discussions around Town Hall, you Wrangler guys (and gals) have always made this one of the best to "lurk" in. Maybe a few trips down a forest service road are in order to get your priorities back?

Carry on!

Steve
    Host
    Here's an interesting question for you spyro: you said above that an inline 6 puts out more torque than a V6. Why? I can understand why they would be more durable, but not why they would put out more torque.

I know there aren't many inline 6s out there nowadays, other than the new GM one and the BMW pair that have been around for a while.
    Goducks, SFJeeps would be a better person for a real technical question... or you can try the link below. I know that it does, I don't know the exact reasons why. Something on how the pistons are placed allow for a higher torque than a V-6 would... Also the transmission gearing has alot to do of how that power is placed to the wheels. auto's with a 1-1 ratio and manuals a .75-1 or something like that (help me out here TSJay). Plus 3.07, 3.73, or 4.10 gears in the axles.

NYCJeeper... here are a couple good sites where you can ask ANYTHING about jeeps and the guys on there will know the answer. http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/ or

http://www.pirate4x4.com/

try jeeps unlimited first. I know that they are "off-road" sites and you don't like that, but these guys know their stuff and can answer your questions within a day.

• tjx02tjx02 Member Posts: 13
    Just to add my $.02, I've had my '02 TJ up to 85 and it handled great. I've been very impressed with the way it drives & handles all around. Living & working intown Atlanta, I rarely get above 50 and the only time I've had a problem was on I75, doing 70 with the top down when an 18 wheeler blew past me on the left. The Jeep was steady as a rock, but I thought I was gonna get blown out! On other notes, I have no road noise problems, but that may be due in part to loud music. I'm very happy with the stock system with subwoofer. May change the speakers eventually. My 6 is definitely rougher than the 4 in my 98 Mazda B2500 was and gets less MPG, but it's fine with me. Lots better pickup than the Mazda and I look much cooler.
    NYCJeeper, the clutch thing is not normal and neither is the tranny noise. Take it to the dealer and just keep repeating 5Star until they fix it. And remember to wave.
    Spyro your Jeep looks great! Where did you get the brush guard? How about reposting the pic?
    Jeep On!
  • tjx02tjx02 Member Posts: 13
    Even in the beautiful South, winter is coming. Is there anything I should do to the softtop before it gets really cold? I know I should wash it well and do it again in spring. How about the plastic?
    And while I'm asking, anyone use Zaino? Don't care about the wet look, but like the protection. 7 weeks and 1300 miles in and I luv the heck outta my TJ. Had the top down all week and weekend and just loved the jealous looks I got driving around. Just like the ones I used to give.
    Jeep On!
    I'm not going to say anything about speed anymore, but since you requested it, I'll post the pic again.

The brushguard is a Smittybuilt Outland, you can get it from www.quadratec.com, it has been sold though, I'm moving up to an MP motorsports front winch bumper and rear bumper with swing away tire carrier. These bumpers are bulletproof and will be replaced if they are ever dented, whereas the Smittybuilt looked good, but wouldn't stand up to a nice hit on a rock. To see more pics of both my girlfriend's jeep and my jeep. go to www.muddyyellowjeep.com
    You know, you might want to check out http://www.jeepsunlimited.com they have a good message board, and a good flame fest is usually just about one post away! I work in the city, 28th St... Problem is, I can't even drive my Jeep into the city any more! This crap about needing two people in the car during rush hour has made my 1/2 hour commute into a 1 1/2 hour mass transit extravaganza! First there is the Light Rail, then there is the PATH train, then there is the 5 Avenue, 5 Street walk. Man I miss driving my Jeep everyday! It just sits outside waiting for someone to vandalize it. Oh well, after Christmas bonus time I may start looking for a job back in god's country (Pennsylvania). Plus, I got plenty of cousins back there just hitting puberty! ;)
    If I may be so presumptuous as to jump in here... I think the torque is more a matter of the longer stroke of the I6 vs. most V6 engines. If you think of a typical Honda engine, they make pretty good power (horsepower), but very little torque by turning small pistons very fast. They make them go up and down fast by limiting the amount they have to go up and down. Now, a Jeep engine has pistons that go up and down a long way (comparatively), but Jeep pistons are much bigger.
    A really good torque motor was the old Chevy 292 straight six. Think about that, 6 cylinders displacing about 5 litres. Now think about the Chevy 305 V8, very similar displacement, but 2 extra cylinders. Those 6 cylinders pounding up and down made for a much better truck engine than the 305 V8, (the 305, not the 350). Ford had a similar situation with that old 4.9 litre straight six they put in the F150's vs. the 302 V8.
    Another advantage that an inline motor has is that there is no thrust angle on the pistons. That is, they are going straight up and down and are not "laying" against the cylinder walls as the go up and down. That is one reason that a well maintained inline engine "should" have a longer service life than a V engine, all other things being equal. Of course, the big disadvantage to an inline motor is the length.
    Wow, I was all over the place... Sorry about that, hope at least some of it made sense!
    Sounds reasonable to me, but I am not in a position to know. I'll take your word for it.

All I know is that I think the 4.0 L I-6 in Thelma Jane does fine- gives her all the power she needs.

tsjay

Hope we all can get along now. This place has been great over the many months that I have been coming here. I know it has been well over a year now that I have been coming here every day, but not necessarily posting every day. This has been the friendliest discussion group I've ever been to, and I sure hope it stays that way.

You are all my buddies, and I like to see everyone get along.

tsjay

Calm down fellas, my point of my post was to BE CAREFUL that's all. A niece got a little careless and rolled her CJ (not wearing seatbelt by the way) and being a BIG fan of the Jeep as I am I just wanted to make sure you are able to enjoy the experience for as long as possible. Didn't think that some of you would resort to name calling! Just take it for what it was...a voice of concern for a fellow Jeep lover that's all.

Hey bama, where ya been? Did you get lost at a Bama football game or what? ;-)

Again let me say great picture of the Jeep at play (it never really looks like work anyway).

I don't know about that "new" version of the Wrangler. The fenders are ok but the rest...I hope it's just a rumour.

Tomster, are you still enjoying the "new truck"?

Well hope to chat with you all Thursday...I may skip class Thursday. After all, if the professor is calling it an early weekend...why can't I. :-)

Sorry if you all thought I meant to offend anyone regarding the previous post, it was nothing of the sort.

Hug your Jeeps for me ;-)
    dwrangler
    You ordered Thelma Jane last year during November if I am reading the posts right. How long did you wait for her to arrive at the dealer's lot? I ordered mine on November 7 and expect somewhere between six and eight weeks at best. Probably will be well into January. Once I get a VIN does Jeep offer a website to track production? I am already looking for a trailer to haul her to Ouray next July.

Spyrodragon, Awsome pic. Makes me wish I was in the San Juans already.

larry18
  • sloth501sloth501 Member Posts: 9
    Does anybody have mechanical problems with their Wrangler?? I have checked the Grand Cherokee and Liberty forums and it seems as though at least for some GC's, they are at the dealer for service almost as much as they are at home!

What's the deal here? Can Jeep only make one good line (the Wrangler)??? Or or you folks just so satisfied with the Wrangler that a few minor problems don't matter much :) I am really interested in a '01 GC but since I am only going to keep for a few years, I have started thinking about a Wrangler, especially given the higher resale value.

Maybe having a Wrangler can lead to a less stressful life! :)

Thanks,
    Gary