Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac GTO

Comments

• midwesttradermidwesttrader Member Posts: 291
    It does matter that they have built 8500 (according to the article) and sold 2451 at a rate of about 600 per month. It will take them 10 months to sell what they have made right now. Why build any more '04s?

As far as the author of the article or his ancestry, I could care less.
  • robertkcalrobertkcal Member Posts: 14
    First off, the car is not a failure. I for one don't regret buying one. I'm sure that real owners feel the same way. This car is a blast to drive and is well built.

Would I like to change some things? Sure, but I'm happy with the way it looks.

The failure has come in the allocation of where these cars are shipped to:

Most of these cars have gone to the Detroit area, where some dealers have 10 in stock and maybe 25 allocated to them for the remainder of the year's run. Now, alot of people in Southern Michigan, either work for the car companies, are retired from them, or work for a supplier. These people buy their cars at Manufacturer's cost. Right now, GM won't let their employee's buy the GTO on their plan.

While here in Los Angeles area there are only 16 actual cars available (gmbuypower, where if a dealer has a car, the ranking is 100%)and there are dealers asking $5,000 to $10,00 over sticker. My local dealer was asking $10,000 over sticker and he sold the car in a week. (don't know what he actually sold it for)

And in some areas of the country, the dealers can't get cars to sell.

So, it's not the car, it's GM and the greedy dealers that have caused the slow sales.

Now as far as the 05's go, GM will probably make some changes to appease the critics, such as Split exhaust, sunroof, hood scopes, chrome wheels, and maybe the LS2. So the next thing that people will trash the car about will the higher prices associated with the changes.

You can't please everyone!
    I just went to NEWAGEGTO.COM and read all the comments about "The Real Slow Sales Story". Very interesting.
  • sportgtosportgto Member Posts: 14
    GM is offering the GTO to employees at the special price, it's up to the dealers whether or not to sell at that price.
  • v8lincolnguyv8lincolnguy Member Posts: 273
    I ntoiced that article mentioned an ad campaign that was launched in November. Other than those Pontiac ads I've seen in the car mags(the 3 page deal that starts with the GP, then the Bonneville GXP, and then ends with the GTO) I have yet to see any GTO ads. I can't recall any TV ads. You would think with a hot car like this, there would be lots of advertising.
  • riezriez Member Posts: 2,361
    Pontiac has had some dedicated print ads in most of the major car magazines. And the GTO has been part of their overall "Fuel for the Soul" (or whatever the tag line is) TV campaign. Thinking Samuel Jackson provides the voice.
  • ezraponezrapon Member Posts: 348
    I opted for a G-35 over the GTO last month. I'm a little bit disappointed with the interior room in the Infinity. I went to a local dealer that has about 10 GTO's in stock and was allowed to drive one... they even have a used one. It's hard to get out of the car without a big smile. It gets it, however... I've seen the real GTO roll out, the Mustang, the roadrunner, camaro, firebird, etc. etc. I've never seen a car rolled out that has generated so much "Wait till next year," wait for the new model, wait for the new engine, wait for some options, wait for the Ls2, again...etc, etc. People are a little scared of buying the present car and finding they have a second best next year or in the near future. Luckily for Pontiac, we are a nation of having "the first one on the block," and "keeping ahead of the Jones." Just a little bit weird to see all the wait and see rather than build one for me right now. If I knew the car would stand pat as is for a few years and not be rendered obsolete in 24 months, I'd be in one tomorrow. Just my observation, I could be wrong!
  • jrdwyerjrdwyer Member Posts: 168
    I got a sales flyer in the mail the other day about the Pontiac GTO (probably because I subscribe to Autoweek). What caught my eye was the performance versus efficiency numbers of the 6 spd GTO. 0-60 in 5.3, 29 mpg highway, 3725 lb. vehicle. Wow! Many 4 and 6 cylinder engine cars don't do much better on the fuel and do much worse on the performance end. So is it just a matter of higher gearing with the 6 speed? And could smaller engine cars get comparable gains in fuel ecomony with more gears? Thanks in advance.
  • rcc442rcc442 Member Posts: 56
    ... and for those who want to wait longer, the next generation GTO will probably debut in 2008, built in the US, on the new Zeta platform. See: http://autoweek.com/search/search_display.mv?port_code=autoweek&a- mp;cat_code=carnews&content_code=00187759&Search_Type=STD- &Search_ID=2163158&record=1

Article says production on the Zeta platform will probably consume an entire assembly plant in the US, which leads one to believe that many more models will be produced on it, in addition to the 2007 Buick and 2008 GTO. Says platform can be built in two wheelbase sizes, and can support convertibles. No mention of Chevrolet models (yet).

Wonder how it will stack up against the platform Holden is using today, which is reportedly stronger than most US GM platforms, due to the more rugged environment there.
    Also wonder if the GTO will keep its higher-quality interior materials once production starts in the US, or whether that quality will slide back to typical North American GM standards.
  • monarocountrymonarocountry Member Posts: 5
    The closest platform to the Zeta would be the one in the new GTO. Holden are the guys designing the Zeta platform so i would assume that its would be pretty strong. Also the Zeta is based on the current VT platform. I would have no idea if the us divisions can or will mess with it in their cars but i hope not. As for interior, hopefully its better but I think it would still be gm quality.
  • slickwilliedjslickwilliedj Member Posts: 252
    WHATA THINK?????????????
    I have a brother inlaw that has a 01 Camero ss convertable. He's done some mild mods to ito such as corsa exhaust, airlid,k&n filter,new shifter, tower brace for the front end etc. anyone know what a covertable ss weighs in at?

we got into a discussion about if the gto would out perform the ss or t/a or not....

was wondering if anyone that currently has GTO has raced a SS or T/A?

personally i think the gto might have a slight edge on the f bodies especially when comes to ride and handeling...

seems these f body owners are getting kind of worried about the gto and if they come out next year with the 385 - 400hp judge or whatever they decide to name it watch out theres gonna a be a new player at the drag strip taking names!.... (:
  • jae5jae5 Member Posts: 1,206
    In my neck of the woods I haven't seen ONE neo-GTO on the street, but there's a dealer about 4 miles from me that has about 10 - 15 of them sitting on their lot. Dont' know what the prices are (not in the market), but they've been sitting a long time. I know when they got the first couple they were asking $6 - $8k over the "market adjustment" price, which was about $3 - $5 over sticker price. Couldn't test drive it, no pics, no nothing. Another dealer 1.5 miles done has 4, all inside tucked off. Hell, lately I've seen at least 2 SSRs, many Crossfires, Pacificas, and 300Cs, even a couple PT Cruiser convertible and a Cobra R on the street. Not one neo-GTO Morano.

In terms of advertising, I've seen the GTO commercial a few times, doesn't do it. There's more excitement in the Grand Prix commercial. It seems the advertising is like that of the Marauder: the commercial ran for about a week then kaput, they were always advertising that there was a promo on speed channel, though I believe it only came on a few times and never when it was listed in the TV Guide. And I didn't know of the movie that came on June 2nd (did it come on?). Where were the promos for that? They should have been airing promos for that weeks prior and all last weekend, especially considering it was a long, holiday weekend. And train the salespeople at the dealers about the product, please.

Not trying to put anyone down, and if you bought one, great! Hope you're enjoying it and didn't get suckered into paying too much for it. I understand the allotment situation (kind of crazy), the gouging, the "first on my block, gotta keep up with the Jones-es" reasoning of getting one (though they nor the Jones-es can afford it), but the car isn't selling. Again, it may be from the "wait till next year", which is Lutz to a tee, but these aren't selling in the majority of markets.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    July Road & Track has a comparison test between the GTO and the Mustang Cobra that I thought was interesting in that it brought out the GTOs strong points---what the car is, and what it is not supposed to be.
    May = 638
    YTD = 3089

The movie on USA network was a C-. Bad script, bad acting and not enough GTO. A Mitsubishi Eclipse and other GM cars were on screen more. They modified an '04 and made it look like a ricer. They also mocked up an old Tempest to look like a '69 Judge and then drove it off a cliff at the end of the movie!
  • bigdaddycoatsbigdaddycoats Member Posts: 1,058
    GTO

Enjoying a place back in Pontiac’s lineup for the first time in 30 years, the GTO answers the call of modern muscle car enthusiasts. For 2005, the GTO receives a new engine – the LS2 V-8 – and new exterior choices The LS2 produces 400 horsepower (295 kw); up from 350 horses (261 kw), and 395 lb.-ft. of torque (546 Nm), up from 365 lb.-ft, (495 Nm). More rumble comes from a new, split dual-exhaust system and new exterior options include two new colors and an available hood scoop.

taken from here:

http://media.gm.com/division/2005_prodinfo/pontiac/05_Pontiac_Ove- rview.htm
  • orwoodyorwoody Member Posts: 269
    You must have access to parts of the GM media site some of us don't. I've searched and tried and can't peel down the link you posted directly from the media site.
    Thanks for posting it!
  • jae5jae5 Member Posts: 1,206
    Wow, that's disappointing!! It sounds like they were catering to the F&F and 2F2F crowd, not the actual buying market. Especially with you mentioning the Tempest being driven off a cliff. Maybe it's more revenge for the F&F scene when the blown Charger beat the Supra past the train, despite the Supra having a two-stage nitrous system and the Charger had a big-A hole in the block from chucking and piston and rod. Hell, it even beat the Supra when it bounced off the truck. flew in the air and wrecked out.

Drove past the Pontiac dealer Friday, had three out front with hoods and decklids open, with the other seven sitting on the side. None made me want to take more than a very quick glance let alone drive in and check them out. Kind of sad because GM finally had a chance to provide the public with something they had been asking for and they kind of half-*ssed it. I still say this should have been the Camaro, which most of us were asking GM to do years ago, along with the Ute as an El Camino & Commodore as an Impala.
  • ezraponezrapon Member Posts: 348
    after viewing bigdaddy's link, only a fool would buy a present model GTO. Leave it to Pontiac (GM) to blow it wide open like this. Unless they drop the prices down to the 26k-27k range, no informed buyer will touch these obsolete edsels. Can anyone say...Fiero?
  • slickwilliedjslickwilliedj Member Posts: 252
    Hi, here is the complete report taken from gm media site but I found it posted completly on www.newagegto.com.

This is from media.gm.com
    http://media.gm.com/division/2005_prodinfo.../gto/index.html

What’s new for 2005
    LS2 6.0L engine replaces LS1
    400 horsepower (295 kw)
    395 lb.-ft. of torque (546 Nm)
    Available hood with twin air scoops
    Revised rear fascia incorporating outlets for new split dual exhaust system
    Polished exhaust outlet tips
    Larger brake rotors and calipers
    Red-painted calipers with GTO logo on front caliper
    Driver foot rest
    Two new colors: blue and grey
    Model Lineup
    Engine Transmissions
    6.0L V-8
    6-spd man

(Tremec T56)
    4-spd auto

(Hydra-Matic 4L60-E)

GTO
    s
    o
    s

Key:

Standard
    s

Optional
    o

2005 PONTIAC GTO: THE NEW GOAT GETS MORE MUSCLE
    GTO – the original muscle car – was re-introduced last year and returns with more power and style for 2005. A new LS2 6.0L V-8 engine replaces the LS1 5.7L engine, bringing with it an increase in horsepower and torque.

The ’05 GTO packs 400 horsepower (295 kw) – up from 350 horses (261 kw) – and 395 lb.-ft. of torque (546 Nm), up from 365 lb.-ft. (495 Nm). Transmission choices are the same as the ’04 model’s: The Hydra-Matic 4L60-E four-speed automatic is standard and the Tremec six-speed manual is optional. GTO’s more powerful engine should lower the 0-60 time to less than 5 seconds.

Enthusiasts will immediately spot the brawnier ’05 GTO, thanks to new badging and a revised rear fascia that incorporates a new dual-exhaust system – it splits the GTO’s two outlets, routing them to opposite sides of the rear fascia. The exhaust tips are polished for a more refined appearance.

Also available is a new hood design incorporating a pair of stylish air scoops. The scoops draw fresh air in to the GTO’s engine compartment.

The badges identifying the ’05 GTO’s bigger V-8 include a “6.0” badge on the trunk lid and revised “GTO” fender badges, which now incorporate “6.0 Litre” designations. The original 1964 GTO also wore “6.0 Litre” fender badges, but at a time when almost every other American manufacturer referenced engine size in cubic inches.

Along with the GTO’s power increase comes improved braking performance from larger brake rotors, calipers and pads. The calipers are painted red and the front calipers feature the GTO logo.

Additional changes to the ’05 GTO include two new colors (blue and grey), as well as driver foot rest. A line of regular production accessories (RPAs) based on the 2004 GTO Performance Plus SEMA concept vehicle is scheduled for start-of-production availability. The accessories include a tall rear spoiler, front and rear fascia extensions, rocker molding extensions and grille inserts. As part of GM’s RPA program, the accessories can be ordered and installed on the vehicle prior to delivery.

LS2 details

Compared to the Gen III-based LS1, the 2005 GTO’s LS2 V-8 incorporates several significant changes to help improve performance. The block is an all-new casting with cylinder bores measuring 4.00 inches (101.6 mm) in diameter. The cylinder heads and camshaft are revised, too, to deliver the airflow necessary to complement the engine’s larger displacement. Other changes include:

New aluminum block casting with revised oil galleries and provisions for external knock sensors – external sensors improve serviceability
    Camshaft lift increased to take advantage of increased cylinder head flow
    Camshaft sensor relocated from the rear of the block to the front of the block provides room for new oil galleries
    Flat-top piston design with lower ring tension reduces friction
    Piston floating wrist pins help quiet the engine
    More efficient ignition coils require less energy to provide a comparable spark
    Compression raised to 10.9:1
    Larger, 90-mm single-blade throttle body
    Reduced-mass water pump design with improved sealing capability
    Engine “redline” raised to 6500 rpm
    Revised and more powerful engine controller incorporates all electronic throttle control functions.
    Hopefully this "news" will send our market adjusting dealer friends back under the rock they crawled out from under.

I noticed today in a GM print ad that the GTO is now one of the cars featured in their 24 hour test drive program.

Pontiac's impeccable strategy & timing continues.
  • montanafanmontanafan Member Posts: 945
    "Featured" how? It still isn't a car that is available for "use" in the program. The test drive rebates are still not "available" on the GTO. Where did you see the ad, is there a online link we can use?

The only mainstream use of the GTO I have found in my surfing, is a the GM Auto Show in Motion site. Looks like the GTO will be one of the available cars to dirve. Coming to the Boston area next weekend. Had a great time last year, including the Corvette. Was very hard driving home in the minivan. ;-) Any one in the areas of the show should check them out. http://www.autoshowinmotion.com
    Saw a full page ad in today's St Louis Post-Dispatch. Go to gm.com/24 hour for details.

The goat is in a group picture with several other GM products and the fine print says, "GM vehicles include all Chevrolet, Pontiac, GMC, Buick, ... vehicles."

If it's in the ad it would be awfully silly for the car to not be included in the program.
    I thought they were actually trying to market the car. Instead they're just continuing to piss people off. My mistake.
  • opimaxopimax Member Posts: 73
    what is going on here, nothing of interest?

Mark
    From the post concerning the "05" Goat, it seems that GM will make changes with the power (LS2) and some cosmetic enhancements.

I'm glad they're going to separate the exhaust, since this is one thing that I don't like about my car.

However, if it looks like the red GTO from the movie "The Last Ride". I'm more than satisfied with what I have. It looks like they'll go from "plain jane" to "rice burner" to satisfy the complaints.

When GM announces the pricing for the 05, I'm sure that this will bring out more critics.
  • hammen2hammen2 Member Posts: 1,284
    One of my co-workers is a huge Pontiac fan (has restored a '69 Firebird convertible, is in the process of restoring a rare '69 Trans Am/Ram Air 400) and is involved with the local GTO club. He told me awhile ago that the hardcore guys already knew that hood scoops, et. al. were coming out, so most of them were holding off buying one.

With the widespread release of the next model year's specs, I wonder if this will affect current sales, which, as has been posted here, haven't been too great?

I think GM has to do one of two things:

a) cut production
    b) decrease pricing (add incentives)

Anyone see any evidence of this? At least here in the upper midwest, the stick cars are pretty prevalent, and there's no shortage of them.

If the price drops (i.e. incentives added), I may be interested in trying to pick one up. Like the previous poster intimated, I would anticipate that the '05's will have a significant ($2k? $3k?) price increase (higher engine costs, more development costs, change in currency between Australian and American $$$).

--Robert
    An excerpt from a Pontiac Marketing Division meeting.

Jr. Exec. : "Well sir, it seems we have about 175 days surplus of GTO's. We have only sold about 3500 to this point out of our target 16 to 18 thousand. We seem to be a little behind our quota, what should we do sir?"

Marketing President: (Sits down his crackpipe, clears his throat) "Why I'm not sure what we should do really. I don't understand why our loyal owners don't want to gobble up the 04's with 3 to 5 K over sticker, single exhaust outlet, no hood scoops, and during a gas crunch, when they know the 2005 will cure most of the problems with the 2004."

Jr Exec. : "Well sir, should we offer cashback or rebates like we do on every other model?"

Marketing President : "That was funny. No let's stick with our current plan, We might actually boost sales if we did anything." (Picks up the crackpipe and makes plans on buying another yacht.)

Credit to Orbit Orange on another site.
    Part of the problem with the 170 day supply is, that GM continues to let dealers order 10,15, or 20 cars that sit on their lots, while other dealers can't get 1. Great marketing?

If I was GM, I wouldn't offer a rebate. I'd make the dealers discount the cars.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934
    Am I missing something? Why do so many folks still say this car has a single exhaust? Its a dual setup, folks.

And for those who know its a dual, but still complain, is it really such a crime that the dual exhaust pipes come out the same side of the car? Its still a dual setup, so who cares where they exit the rear skirt?

I've made my own complaints about this car known, but even the skeptics and haters have to realize how incredibly petty complaining about the location of the tailpipes is.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,390
    It's a "Goat thing". Us old timers remember the splitter option available on '64 & '65 GTOs which gave you a pair of exhaust pipes exiting just behind the rear wheel well. I was very subtle and just so very cool!

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

but its still a pair of exhaust pipes. Its a true dual exhaust. So what is the problem exactly?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• fantascpfantascp Member Posts: 175
    Its called "Aesthetics" Its what YOU visually
    like.
    I personally do not like the POSITION of the exhaust tail pipes on the new GTO, its not aesthetically pleasing to me, yet I do like the exhaust system on the new Bonneville GXP. It looks great to me. Just my own opinion.
  • mhe_xpehobomhe_xpehobo Member Posts: 5
    BMW 540i has pipes on one side, does it make it a bad car?
    It makes it a bad car for me to spend my money if I am the one who personally DOES NOT LIKE exhaust pipes on one side of the car.
    Its what your prefer
    I prefer dual exhaust split on each side of the car- I personally like the looks.
    So the BMW 540I has pipes on one side of the car, does what your saying mean because the Bonneville
    GXP has split exhaust, that if you do not like that,its now an overall BAD CAR???- I would think it would be just a BAD car to buy for anyone who does not prefer dual split exhaust.
    I have nothing against any car that has single pipes in the rear- its just not aesthetically pleasing to me! Its my money, just like its yours, and styling and looks are very important.

I'd rather see the new GTO with split dual exhaust on each of the car.
    Thats my own liking. It does not make the GTO an overall bad car because it now does not have it the way I like it, it makes it a bad car for me to buy personally.
  • tripowergtotripowergto Member Posts: 83
    I find it amusing that after all the years of everyone bashing Pontiac for too much body cladding, now they're bashing the GTO for essentially, the lack of it. I believe that the GTO would look far better if it had wheelwell flares much like the early-mid 90's GP's, oh wait that's too much like cladding... Pontiac can't win for losing!!

I saw the GTO factory road race car at Lime Rock, CT with a street GTO alongside and the flares on the racecar completely changed the look of the car for the better. Also the Holden rear spoiler, split dual pipes and blacked out tail lenses are much cooler then the GTO's.

I aspire to own a new GTO but the lack of trunkspace and no sunroof really doesn't convince me to trade in my 02 Formula w/T-tops.
    the Goat has a pretty good trunk compared to the F-bodies. I agree about the sunroof.

To pass US safety standards with the existing Monaro they had to move the gas tank above the rear axle using up all the space between the trunk and backseat area thus there is no pass through and very little useable space in the trunk.

On my Formula with the T-tops in the roof there is a nice deep storage well in the back(where the tops get stored, a cooler fits in this area great) as well as all the area above the axle and under the hatch as well as the folding rear seat if you don't have rear passengers. There is a surprising amount of useable space, almost as much as my 94 GP. The GTO does not come close in useable stowage space.
  • bobzbobz Member Posts: 5
    I had to laugh/cry when I read today's local paper about lack of sales of the Pontiac GTO. In my case, I tried for two months to buy a GTO. Not only could I not find one at list, I could not even test drive one. I called most of the dealers in the SF Bay Area and they either did not have a GTO or they only had one and were asking 5k over MSRP for it. I then tried to find a Pontiac Bonneville GXP. They were even fewer in number. Then I looked at the Grand Prix GTP but lack of headroom turned me off. I ended up buying an Acura TL for about the price I wanted to pay for a GTO. I don't know how Pontiac can complain about lack of sales when it is almost impossible to find a GTO to buy at a reasonable price. Of course all the dealers have tons of cars/trucks that nobody wants. GM needs to wake up and start making more of the cars that performance buffs want and not trying to make them "halo cars".
  • nissan350znissan350z Member Posts: 81
    NJ seems to have a lot of GTOs here. And none of them are marked up either from what I have seen. I guess it really depends on where you are or how hot the GTO is for your area. NJ also seem to have plenty of Crossfires all over too. They are both fine cars, but I getting the Nissan 350Z which is hard to get depending on what model or color you want with the car. I don't think I would have that problem with the GTO or Crossfire here.

Both cars came out pretty loaded and not many options yet Chrysler & GM are making some big changes for 05 on them.
    This car has two related sales issues:

1) Greedy dealers/huge mark-ups where the car is hot or where there are few available

2) The idiot allocation system

Pontiac has been shipping these cars for at least 8 months. You'd think they would have figured it out by now and taken some action.

Will someone with a connection to GM please comment?
    that's fine. I'm not saying you can't want it to look a certain way. I just want to make sure we're clear because I'm just not sure from some of the other posters that they understand it is a dual exhaust. Maybe andys and midwesttrader also intended to say that they knew it was dual, but wanted the pipes located differently, but I didn't get that from their posts. I took their words to mean that they thought it was a 2 to 1 exhaust setup with 2 tailpipes out of a single muffler. Alot of people I've been driving with also think that when we see a Goat on the road.

On a more opinionated note, its very low on my list of priorities. I could see complaining if it was indeed a 2 to 1 setup, but, for me, when it comes to mechanics of the car, as long as it works, its all good. To me, location of exhaust takes about as much priority as the color of the calipers. A different color won't make them perform any better.

Let me make myself clear--

1) I know it's a true dual system, I don't think they could do w anything less.

2) I know it's a minor issue but GM did miss a chance to establish a visual connection with the intial Goat for very little money and without looking overly retro or boy racer.

'nuff said?

I can't answer for andys or midwesttrader in regards to their posts.

I have the 2 to one system on my 98 Bonneville SSE- It still looks great to me having the split pipes out the rear even though its really not a true dual exhaust system.
    As for me- I like the pipes out the rear separate.
    The DUAL/DUAL exhaust on the Bonneville GXP is perfect for me.
    My point is not the mechanical performance of the car.
    I'm simply stating that the car has to be aesthetically pleasing to the eyes along with all the other factors that makes one choose one vehicle over another.

In this case, I'm choosing the Bonneville GXP over the present GTO- if for nothing else-
    IMHO- the Bonneville is the better looking vehicle.

If the present GTO had the Bonneville GXP exhaust set-up
    I would have to reconsider my position.
    Yes I understand it's a true dual system.

I simply cut and pasted something from another site that I thought was humorous while hitting my point that the marketing of this car has been lacking in my opinion.
    just as long as everyone understands. And now I understand that the complaining has to do with location of the pipes only.

• jeffhall76jeffhall76 Member Posts: 52
    Does anyone happen to know what it would take to convert the front end of the GTO into a Holden? Would it require a new clip or is there no way to really do it.

As crazy as I sound, I really don't want one if I can't change it... love Holdens, hate Pontiacs!

Jeff
    So... you'd marry a women you hate in hopes that you could change her??
  • jeffhall76jeffhall76 Member Posts: 52
    There's nothing to change. To call the car a real Pontiac is a joke. It is a rebadged GM Europe/Australia car. They tacked on the Pontaicish front end but that's where the similarities end. If the interior looked dated and was filled with cheap plastic and it had horrible build quality, then I'd call it a Pontiac!
This discussion has been closed.