Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Vibe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• map013map013 Member Posts: 3
    I keep reading about people using a $1000 coupon for a 24 Hour test drive. Do you guys take the test drive first and then does GM send you the coupon? Or how does one get a 24 hour test drive coupon worth $1000?
  • msuphilmsuphil Member Posts: 8
    I did not take the 24 hour test drive.
    I'm not sure how I got it.
    I would think...
    Either because I have GM card.
    I requested brochures.
    Or responded once to their surveys saying I was going to buy a car within X number of months.
    Also a previous GM owner.
  • coupe3coupe3 Member Posts: 8
    MSRP $21,215, Base AWD satellite with only Power package.

GM in the driveway $19906.

Total rebate $5500.
    $2500+500 (auto show)
    $1000 24 hours
    $1000 GM card
    $500 Pontiac drive and go (What is this? didn't expect it, dealer just throw this in after I said this car had 283 miles on it)

Also paid $85 for SIMONIZ protection (They told me retail for this is $585, OK let them earn some)

Total paid $16K out the door figure (Ohio 7% tax).

I hope I did OK.
  • montanafanmontanafan Member Posts: 945
    68% of MSRP. Enjoy (he says with envy)!
  • protegextwoprotegextwo Member Posts: 1,265
    I purchased a new Vibe for my wife, yesterday. We tried the Mazda3 Hatchback. Sharp looking wagon, excellent handling and tasteful interior styling! However, the 3 felt too confining, didn't have the mini-van like driving position she prefers and I've never been crazy about buying any car in it's first year of production.

Also, checked out the Subie Forester. The sales staff was too busy joking around to pay much attention to us? We were dressed well and ready to make a decision fairly quickly. Hey their loss? Nonetheless, my wife doesn't need to drive in bad weather, so the Subie's AWD was not a huge deciding factor. If the truth be known, the inflated Subaru Forester MSRP and the lack of shoulder to shoulder interior room in a $25,500 tall wagon was a deal killer, anyway.

The Vibe's good looks, commanding seating position, versatility, price point, Toyota engine & drive train quality and 29 city / 34 highway mpg (gas costs $1.86 per gallon today in Lancaster, PA.) sealed the deal.

2004 Pontiac Vibe
    1.8L DOHC 4-cyl Engine
    Auto Transmission
    Frosty (White)- Premium Monotone Appearance Pkg.
    Moon and Toon-(Sunroof & 200 Watt Premium Audio System Upgrade)
    Power Group
    17" inch Alloy wheels
    Antilock brakes

Total MSRP with Destination: $21,265
    less Rebates -$2,500
    less Negotiated Discount -$1,055
    -------------------------------------
    Cash Price of Vehicle: $17,710

Less my trade -$4,700

Unpaid Balance price of Vehicle: $13,010

Walked into my home town Pontiac dealership with a Capital One Draft Check with a financing rate of 3.85% and a GM Buy Power Quote of 1% over invoice from another nearby Pontiac Dealer. I offered our Lancaster, PA. Pontiac Dealer (Jones Pontiac-Buick-GMC) 1% over invoice for our new 2004 Vibe and that price was accepted without haggle. The Jones finance manager beat the 3.85% Capital One rate with local bank financing at 3.49%. Very easy! No pressure or hard sell tactics. The sales, service and finance staff was excellent and easy to work with. The Vibe with 17" inch alloy wheels in white Premium Monotone Appearance Pkg. looks awesome. After, about 100 miles of driving, my spouse is hooked on the Vibe. The Vibe/Matrix tall wagon should serve her well for the next 48 months.

Respectfully,
    Larry
  • loislois Member Posts: 1
    I was given a price of invoice of $20,024 with moons and tunes, Power package, XM satellite radio, monotone appearance pkg. 4 wheel antilock brakes, automatic with 17" wheels. I can get $3,000 off of this price with $2,000 GM rebate and $1,000 rebate for current non-gm car owner. Plus I think I have an additional $300 or so credit on my GM card. I'm thinking getting this at invoice is probably a great deal. Don't necessarily need all the add-ons but do like the features. Debating biting the bullet as I'm getting tired of looking.

Could I do better or should I just go for it? This deal lasts until the end of June. What are everyones thoughts.
  • maxx4memaxx4me Member Posts: 1,340
    well, as you can tell from my name, I'd recommend the Maxx over the Vibe. I currenlty own an '03 Vibe AWD and love it except for the crappy paint. With current rebates, and all the things that come inside it, I think the Maxx is a much better value at that price. At $20k, I hope you are talking an AWD model of the Vibe; otherwise, it sounds too high to me.
  • quilloquillo Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I drove out of the dealership last night in a 2004 Vibe. Here are the numbers:

MSRP: $20155 for base Vibe with moon and tunes, power package, 16" aluminum wheels and automatic transmission.
    Edmunds TMV for this car: $19183

Salesman offered a price of $17920 for the demonstrator (last 2004 on the lot) with 5555 miles on it.
    -$2000 GM Customer Cash
    -$1000 Conquest (replacing my '90 Accord w/ 182000 miles on it but not trading it in)
    -$1000 GM Card
    +7% OH sales tax
    +$50 document fee

$15227

My wife decided after a week with only one car(my Accord is pretty much done) that we just needed to get something new. Well, we got our first new car!

Let me know how we did.
  • tiger66tiger66 Member Posts: 5
    Hey Maxx....funny, to two vehicles I am contemplating are the 04 Vibe and the 04 Maxx. My options are either to Lease the Maxx (LS + Starter, mats; MSRP $22,455, 0 down, GMS, $212 + tx, 36Mon, 12k/yr), OR buy the Vibe (MSRP $20,115, on the road for $17,437). However with the latest $3750 rebate on the Lease for the Maxx, I was strongly leaning that way...UNTIL.....

As I mentioned in the other forum, I am having a big problem finding anyone to install a Receiver Hitch for the Maxx. I did find the ones online you mentioned, but have not found a place in this area that wants to install a hitch that is not one they obtain/deal with. Today, I have found no one in this area that has a hitch available for the Maxx. I am pretty confident that their will be one soon, however I figure the cost will be $200 or more. Since there is drilling, I am debating about just leaving it on the vehicle in 3 yrs.

Well, today I decided to check for Trunk style bike racks and go back to the "BAD-old" trunk style (which I said I would never go back to after buying my hitch bike carrier after getting my 02 Trailblazer). To my complete surprise, none of the trunk style bike carrier manufactures that I found offer a rack for the 04 Maxx either. I check with Sirus, Yakima, etc. I couldn't believe it.

Well, tonight I drove the Vibe again....trying to convince myself to consider the Vibe, since I have the roof rack to allow for extra Cargo, and a very simple and inexpensive hitch (less than $100). I really think the Maxx Lease is the better way to go, but I am really in need of a bike carrier. Any thoughts, suggestions? I am in Detroit, MI.
  • maxx4memaxx4me Member Posts: 1,340
    Hi Tiger. Well first, I want to detail the major pros and cons of each car:

Vibe:
    - Corolla reliability with better Pontiac styling
    - the worst paint job in the history of paint jobs NUMMI should be ashamed. you will have a zillion chips and faux rust spots just like the thousands of us Vibe owners
    - sportier ride than Maxx
    - poor visibility
    - poor cloth seats, although the '05 apparently has fixed this
    - rear drum brakes are pathetic. Who thought that one up???
    - roof rack that always can come in handy
    - plenty of hitches (from the web site I mentioned) that merely screw in, and require no drilling
    - easy to work on yourself, to include changing the oil

Maxx

- a far superior car for the money. Great value
    - drives more like an old man's car: great suspension, ride and feel, but is a heavy vehicle (3400 lbs) and is much slower off the line and a bit harder to stop than the Vibe. But what I like most as an old man's car is that it likes to be driven gently. If you want to take your time and accelerate, the drivetrain rewards you with a great ride. If you need to punch it, the torque from the pushrod will put you back into your seat and squeel your front tires with no difficulty
    - GREAT handling with the electric steering
    - GREAT visibility
    - OUTSTANDING room, front and back
    - simply the most versatile car built today
    - cast iron block push rod engine is very good, although in no way as refined as today's Japanese overhead cam engines
    - OUTSTANDING gas mileage for a V6
    - EXCELLENT paint job
    - simple to work on yourself, especially changing the oil
    - BIG QUESTION MARK: will the reliabilty be there: stay tuned

I could go on and on about the Maxx. It is an oustanding vehicle out of the showroom; no question about it. I love the car. I just hope it will be just as outstanding as the years go by. As for the Vibe, I'm glad I have another "corolla" in my driveway again, but this is definitely the worst car NUMMI has ever assembled, and I would not buy a second one.
    I am suprised that no one will put the Maxx hitch on for you. I recommend you look up hitch places in your area. Someone there has to be a Reese dealer since Reese is so huge. They will put it on for you. I have relationship with my mechanic going back over 12 years, so I had no problem. I know it is difficult if you don't have one you can rely on. Bottom line: pick the Maxx. If you have a family or drive adult friends from time to time, they'll thank you.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Just returned from a 500 mi trip with my '04 Vibe driving from OH to Chicago.

600 miles...got an avg of 34 MPG driving about 75 MPH on the highway and stop 'N go of Chicago in-town traffic.

Seats seem to be very durable. No problems with paint....probably the best paint job I've seen on a car in this price range.

Poor visibility? No problems here. I'm 6' tall.

I have the anti-locks. Brakes feel fine to me. Wish it had disks all the way around, but they haven't been an issue.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • crhcrh Member Posts: 29
    I've just begun looking into a third family car for our family of 7. We currently have a Yukon XL, which I drive, and husband drives an Acura RL. The third car will be used primarily by our oldest child, a new driver. Her commute to high school is almost 25 minutes on either the interstate or winding back roads. It seems like the Vibe would be a great car for her, but when checking the local dealer inventory around here, pickings are very slim...even at the bigger dealerships. I'm wondering if it is that way everywhere? We're in Northern Virginia.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    My 18 year old son and I share the Vibe. While it's not one of the "cool" tricked out coupes he would rather drive, he finds it fine to commute back and forth to college (about 15 miles each way). It gets good MPG. It's comfy. It has plenty of room for hauling all my lawn stuff and furniture around when needed.

It has Toyota Corolla mechanicals and is built in one of the highly rated manufacturing plants that is shared by both Toyota and GM. So, it's built well and should prove to be trouble free for a long time.

What it isn't is fast (a good thing for a teen driver)

I'd recommend it.

There are plenty of '04s and '05s (only some minor cosmetic differences) around the OH area.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • focuserrorfocuserror Member Posts: 34
    There are some nice improvements to the 2005 Vibe. It has more soundproofing and an upgraded suspension - but they took out the armrest and put in a tiny Corolla CE armrest from last year.

GM offered to sell me a "real" armrest for $250 plus $75 per hour installation.

Does anyone know how I can get a cheaper "real" armrest?
  • eoghan1eoghan1 Member Posts: 58
    Your comments are the only ones I have seen about the better suspension and soundproofing. Please advise of the details and where you got your information
    You could check with local salvage yards to see if any wrecked 2003-2004 Vibes come in, and transfer the console door/armrest to your car. You could offer to swap with a 2003-2004 Vibe owner. Try some of the online parts order sites, should be able to get the unit for around $150 plus shipping.
  • i30g20i30g20 Member Posts: 24
    Base Blue Vibe with AT, 'pwr' pkg, Alum 17" wheels, ABS and monotone treatment. Initially was going for GM Supplier Disc but dealer said could not use GM card earnings then; so asked for invoice price ($11 less) and immediately agreed. Bottom line: 19,366 + 3% va tax and 23 (reg/tag) then reduced by $2000 rebate and $1000 conquest and $1000 GM card and $750 GM Card bonus. Out the door price is $15,221 and I'll do 3.6% credit union financing for 5 or 6 years. I think I did pretty well. BTW: the 2005 is on the lot with $1500 rebate and $300 higher msrp. My daughter likes the looks of the 2004 (grill) better who I bought it for. Also, my price was $640 under Edmunds TMV.
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    Sounds like you did well. COngrats! And thanks for sharing.
  • ctdetctdet Member Posts: 8
    Bought a 2005 Slasa Vibe last week. Here are the details:

Base Model
    5 Speed
    Salsa Red
    Power Package (Windows, locks, Cruise, Keyless Entry)
    Monotone Appearance Pckge
     $17,873
    -$1,500 Rebate
    -$1,000 Conquest
    -$2,823 GM Card Earning
    -$500 GM Card Bonus
    +$911 5.1% WI Tax
    ------
    $12,961

I hear people say that acceleration is wanting, but with the 5 speed I have no problems. It also makes it more fun to drive.
  • ctdetctdet Member Posts: 8
    Bought a 2005 Slasa Vibe last week. Here are the details:

Base Model
    5 Speed
    Salsa Red
    Power Package (Windows, locks, Cruise, Keyless Entry)
    Monotone Appearance Pckge
     $17,873
    -$1,500 Rebate
    -$1,000 Conquest
    -$2,823 GM Card Earning
    -$500 GM Card Bonus
    +$911 5.1% WI Tax
    ------
    $12,961

I hear people say that acceleration is wanting, but with the 5 speed I have no problems. It also makes it more fun to drive.
  • juliontheroad1juliontheroad1 Member Posts: 1
    Just to share -- I just bought a 2005 Vibe w/ABS, power group and monotone pkg. With a $1500 rebate and $1000 conquest cash, I paid $15,700 for the car. Lots of thoughtful extras on it that are standard, good mpg, good Consumer Reports rating, looking forward to driving it for years to come.
  • nichul37nichul37 Member Posts: 10
    On 9/25/04 I bought a 5-speed '05 Vibe with power pkg. for manual trans. and moons & tunes in Platinum! It's a great car! Lot of fun to drive and looks awesome! I just broke 1000 miles today. After the first 2 full tanks of gas, I seem to be averaging around 31 mpg. Is the mpg going to improve? The sticker says around 36mpg for the 5-speed and that's what I am hoping for. Any manual trans. drivers noticing better mpg as the car breaks in?
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    Evidently no one is buying Vibes or else not reading this topic???
  • cougarownrcougarownr Member Posts: 1
    Hey! I'm reading and buying! I just purchased an '05 base Vibe in Neptune with the premium monotone pkg. and Teflon paint sealant (it was already there). The Sticker Price was $18,389.50. I got it down to $15,390.00. Then the Mfr's Rebate of $1,500.00, the conquest rebate of $1,000.00 and the GMAC financing bonus of $1,000.00 were deducted, making my final price. . . . .$11,890.00!!

I'm a Happy Camper and look forward to many, many wonderful miles in this sporty little beast.
  • gussguss Member Posts: 1,167
    35% off list is incredible. I just started looking and the vibe is on my short list. I was thinking of going used, but with that much discount on a new one it seems like a steal for less than $12k.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    Cougar...
      Would you please tell us the dealer name and location of same.I find it very very hard to belive the dealer COULD even discount a new 2005 that much...before the REBATES and incentives. There is not that amount of mark-up on a new vibe between invoice and MSRP??? Please explain!!!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Nope, your instincts were right - no names or phone numbers. Read the red print above the post box.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tom24tom24 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone fill me in on details of the $500 GM Card Bonus? I've seen this mentioned on this forum but can't find the info on the GM card website. Is this an offer that has expired? Thanks.
    Not every one receives GM Card offers when they are sent out. The post above was from September. Currently, I believe there is a $500 bonus for holders of the GM Extened Family Card. As these cards are held by GM Employees and Suppliers, infomation is usually behind the password protect sites for those groups. There are other offers to regular card holders, here I a link a saw last week.
    http://www.gmcard.com/roundup
  • gr8scottygr8scotty Member Posts: 1
    Just got my new Vibe last week, Base version with Automatic, power package and monotone appearance. Here are the numbers:

MSRP - $19500
    Less:
    Negotiated discount $1330
    GM Rebase $1500
    Conquest Rebate $1000
    GMAC Finance Rebate $1000
    Additional Dealer Rebate $500
    GMAC 1st 2 payments (I will pay off balance at 3rd payment) $644
    Total Price paid = $11482

59% of MSRP, and about $5000 less than a similarly equiped Matrix.

Not a bad deal, the Vibe is probably the best automotive value currently on the market.
  • markf57markf57 Member Posts: 38
    gr8scatty:

I think you got a great deal on the Vibe. I subtracted your discounts and I came to $14,170. Did you GM card earnings as well?

As far as the GMAC financing rebate, are you able to pay off the loan that quickly and still get the rebate?

Was the additional $500 dealer rebate from the "General Motors Instant Value Certificate Incentive Program"?

Did you pay a dealer handling fee? Here in Colorado all the dealers have this fee.

thanks,

Mark
  • johnoh327johnoh327 Member Posts: 3
    Is there any difference between a 2004 and a 2005 Pontiac Vibe? Looking at a 2005 but discovered a new 2004 about 150 miles away but dealer will only offer rebates and no discount of his own. Maybe that's why he still has it.
  • johnoh327johnoh327 Member Posts: 3
    Is there any difference between the 2004 and the 2005 Pontiac Vibe.
  • cmortoncmorton Member Posts: 15
    The 2005 does NOT have the charger in the console storage box and does not have the extra tray in the console storage box cover. Plus, IMHO, the 2004 looks better.
  • cherkcomcherkcom Member Posts: 1
    With the '05 you lose the crossbars for the roof rack as well. You gain the Tire Pressure Monitoring System, but that's about it. I agree that the '04 front end looks better, but keep in mind that if you plan on selling your car in a few years, the '04 will get you less money, because it is a year older than the '05.
  • 2wheelheather2wheelheather Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'd love to buy a Vibe, but I don't know when the best time of year to buy is... Right now it looks like there's only $1500 cash back, or GMAC.

1-- How do I find out if there's: a) Mfr's Rebate; b) conquest rebate; c) GMAC financing bonus; d) secret hold backs?

2-- Are there any websites with this info you can point me to?

3-- Would the rebates & everything also apply to 2004's?

Thanks, everybody!
  • cptbarkeycptbarkey Member Posts: 2
    bought a 2005 base vibe at maxwell pontiac in round rock tx for $13,800 after about 6 hours of negotiating, had automatic, monotone paint and a fancy exhaust tip. funny, i really didnt negotiate at all, they misquoted me earlier that day for an extra 500 off after all the rebates, we had already agreed on the price before they found the mistake. either way, i am one very very happy customer!
  • beliverbeliver Member Posts: 155
    heather: Go to gmbuypower.com it'll give you all the info you need or just go to "latest incentives" right here on Edmunds for a list of ALL the GM incentives. However, some are regional and may not show up. it often varies according to the area of the country you live in.

believer
  • skim1114skim1114 Member Posts: 6
    I've been looking at many cars, namely the Mazda 3 and others. I had seen the Vibe before, but avoided any serious thought becasue I prefer foreign cars.

I went out of town this week and I had the chance to rent a Vibe. It was awesome. It drove great, had some power, lots of room and it was fun to drive. The interior was roomy and comfortable.

Can anyone advise me on the reliability of Pontiacs? I know what the reports say, but any personal feedback.

Also, what are the incentives for April 2005, I've found a few answers, but some are confusing me. I also saw in this forum where someone purchased one below 14,000 with incentives. What's a reasonable price for this car this month?

Thanks
  • unknownunknown Member Posts: 5
    Skim,
    As far as the reliability of Pontiacs in general...I'll just say that after my experiences with my 00 Montana and 96 Blazer, I swore I'd NEVER buy another GM product, but...the Vibe is not like other Pontiacs or GM vehicles.
    It was jointly developed with Toyota along with the Matrix. They share many parts. In fact, the Vibe has a Toyota engine and transmission. I believe the two were developed based on a modified Corrolla. So they should prove to be very reliable.

My wife and I were at a Toyota dealer, just kinda browsing when we came across a Matrix. We sat inside and were both surprised at how roomy they are for such a small car. We decided that maybe we should at least consider the Vibe, especially since we had a significant GM card rebate to burn and no desire to buy a true GM. We found the Vibes to be priced higher than a comparibly equipped Matrix, but the Vibes are discounted heavilly.

We went through GM's BuyPower website to locate a car close to what we wanted and clicked "request a quote". I was quite surprised when the sales rep e-mailed me that night with the numbers. Here's the deal:

16,915 2005 Base Vibe
    1,150 Power Group Value Pkg.
    325 Monotone Appearance pkg.
    560 Destination charge
    -300 Pkg savings discount
    18,650 Total MSRP

-1,500 Rebate
    -500 Bonus Cash
    -500 March Madness Cash
    -1,000 Conquest Cash - for owning a non GM
    -1,155 Dealer Discount
    $13,995 Dealer quote after rebates.

We were pleased with the price quoted so we test drove it and loved it.

I then subtracted another $2,906 using my GM card rebate bringing it down to $11,089 before T.T. & L.

So we were out the door for under $12,000. Maybe we could have done a little better but I didn't want to push it. I've walked out on many sales people when they start to play their little games. I was satisfied with the price...and we love this little car. I never thought I say that about another GM.

We plan on using it primarily as a commuter vehicle...approx 25,000 miles a year. So we are hoping it comes close to the advertised 30/36mpg.

Good Luck,
    Steve
    That was very helpful. I have been reading bits about the toyota engine so that makes me feel a little better.

The incentives are the best for the cars I am looking at which is a huge bonus. I test drove an automatic, but I want a manual, so I will need to test drive that. I drove the Matrix Manual which was horrible because you had to lift your heel off the ground to work with the clutch, very tiring...so I am hoping the Vibe isn't like this becasue everything else I have been sold on.

Any word on the April incentives and how those compare to last months?

Thanks.
    S
  • cptbarkeycptbarkey Member Posts: 2
    the 5 speed manual with the vibe is the same as the matrix, i found the clutch pretty tiring too from the seat position, and i have size 11 feet so i always felt scared i was going to mash the brake on accident when pushing in the clutch. i oped for the auto which is more then adequate.
  • charlotte7charlotte7 Member Posts: 144
    Those of you who have the GM Card and are talking about using it in conjunction with buying your Vibe, how are you getting more than $1000 off using it? One of the previous posters said that he'd used over $2000 in GM Cash last month applied towards his Vibe, and I only see $1000 being eligible to be applied. Am I missing something? My mother has about $2800 on her GM Card and would like to use as much of it as she can.

My parents are thinking about buying a base, manual Vibe with the power group and body colour appearance package. They live in rural Michigan, and have been quoted $15,000 out the door for this car. My feeling is that the dealership could go lower. What do you think? They are not as Internet-savvy as some and I'd like to help them avoid being taken.
    Charlotte7,
    There are at least 2 versions of the GM card. So it will depend on which version your mother has. The original "GM Card" has a limit of $500 earnings per year times 7 years. So you can apply up to $3500 towards most any GM vehicle...there are a few exceptions.

They later came out with something called "Todays GM Card". It has no limit on how much you can accrue in any given year BUT there is a restriction on how much you can apply to any given purchase.

The Vibe your parents are considering is equipped like the one we just purchased. I'm not sure if their dealer quote is factoring in their GM Card rebate or not. If they are able to apply their full $2800 in GM card rebate, they should be able to purchase for about $12,000 out the door...depending on taxes and fees in Michigan.

I actually purchased my Vibe on April 2. I was able to apply $2906 in GM card rebates in addition to the $3500 worth of other rebates GM was offering.(see my prior post, # 97 above)

I did not negotiate at all. We got the internet quote and jumped on it. We may have actually been able to get it a little lower. No way to know for sure. I was pleased with the quote so we did not push the issue. We were the only customers in the showroom and the dealer seemed desperate to sell cars. He practically begged me to send him any referrals that I could.

As far as being internet savvy...that should not be a problem. All I did was use GM's BuyPower website to locate the car I wanted. I requested a quote, recieved it via e-mail that evening. We went the next morning and purchased the Vibe. Very painless.

Good luck.
    Steve
    I've been reading on this post and I see a number of different rebates people have been getting. The only thing offical I see is the $2000 cash back. Are there other little things that the average person may be eligible for?

I also have someone who works at GM who can get me the GM supplier cost, "GM in the driveway". Does anyone know what the Vibe's cost is on this?

Also, what are your experiences on prices for the GT version?

Thanks
    Skim1114,
    Rebates...you can ask your local dealer. They should be more than willing to provide you with all that is available. When I contacted my dealer the only thing shown on GM's website was $1500 plus $500 bonus cash. Dealer told me of rebates I had never heard of, totaling $3500 on my Vibe purchase. The rebates change frequently and may apply only to certain models or even only to old inventory. It doesn't cost to inquire.

I did read in the last few days that GM is going to revive the "Hot Button" promo. The article I read states that 1000 people will win a new car, the others will receive $1,000 bonus cash to be applied toward the purchase or lease of a new 2004 or 2005 GM car or truck. The bonus cash offer runs from April 5 to May 31.

As far as the GM supplier cost, you'll have to price it both ways. You may find that you can do better without using that program. I recall reading somewhere that I could not use the Supplier discount in conjuction with my GM Card rebate. Maybe someone else can give you feedback as to their experiences using that program.

You should be able to find attractive pricing on the GT...just depends on how aggressive you want to be. The dealer I had seemed very motivated to sell anything.

Have you found a dealer with a GT equipped the way you want it???

Good luck.
    Steve
  • brood1213brood1213 Member Posts: 27
    If you use GM in the Driveway you can use any GM card with this promotion. If you use the Supplier Discount Program you can only use the extended family card.

Even though GM in the Driveway is "Supplier pricing" it is not the Supplier program.
  • hillflahillfla Member Posts: 90
    I am currently in negotiations with the internet manager at my local dealer for an AWD Vibe.

Here are the vehicle stats:
    AWD
    Moons and Tunes
    Side air bags
    Power group
    Monotone paint
    MSRP = $23775

The price I was quoted: $19490 (dealer claims that is invoice minus $3000 in rebates) They will have to go about 90 miles away to get the vehicle
    (there are almost no AWD with side air bags available - only 2 in a 200-mile radius around here! St Louis area)

When I did my own calculations compared to her offer, I came up with an additional $349 above invoice in the pricing. When I asked her about it - she said that was "advertising fees". She also claimed that Edmunds and KBB (where I got my invoice pricing) are wrong and that the dealer has to show me the right invoice numbers.

My question is - are people usually successful in negotiating advertising fees? Also - is the $19490 a good price? And finally - are Edmunds and KBB correct? (it is interesting to note that Edmunds and KBB were off by $535 from eachother for same vehicle). I used KBB numbers for my calcuations since their MSRP came out to the same as the sticker while Edmunds did not. (Edmunds is higher) I think Edmunds does not minus out the package discounts.

Sorry for the long-ish post and thanks for any and all help!
  • j1466j1466 Member Posts: 1
    I got my Vibe GM Certificate number from my mother who is a GM factory nurse, who says the number is for a "GM in the Driveway" promotion. The dealer has told me that GMS pricing is not available with GM card or Conquest bonuses. Does anyone know for sure that this is incorrect? Not that dealers would ever give misinformation, of coarse :) TIA, Jason

In reply to the previous poster about pricing, I noticed that most dealers do not want to sell at invoice, but $100 over invoice seems to be common. If your dealer has to spend money to get a car, then they will want to pass that on in some fashion, especially if it gets you extra rebate (seems fair to me). I elected to order my new Vibe rather than pay $300 to get one from a far away State having extra options (costing even more) I did not want.
  • brood1213brood1213 Member Posts: 27
    If you use the GM in the Driveway you can use any GM Card.

If you use the GMS pricing you can only use the extended family card. Being that it is your mother I think that you qualify for the GMS pricing.
This discussion has been closed.