Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Vibe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mikey00mikey00 Member Posts: 462
    You can search dealer inventory on the GM website and try to get a better deal from the dealer with the car.
  • gumbashgumbash Member Posts: 1
    just bought my '06 vibe (standard) and am really pissed at the same problem $149.00 each for the cross bars.

I thought I would have a "usable" roof rack.

1) I really think they need a class action suit for misleading advertisment - a roof rack should be a "usable roof rack" - and some areas of the pointiac web-site say it is "side rails" (but not side-rails only) - others only say 'roof rack' - a 'roof rack' should be usable as is without any options.

2) they might as well say "roof rack" - side rails and cross bars are each individually optional.

3) anyone know where I can get a good 3rd party roof rack cross bar for cheap?

sam
  • fear_hopefear_hope Member Posts: 90
    It seems that almost everyone who posted prior to March was getting about $4000 off MSRP for their Vibes. Now it seems that dealers are barely giving $2000 - $2200 off including rebates. Does anyone know why the deals are so shallow right now?
  • aveo_bobaveo_bob Member Posts: 8
    Went to the dealer last night that had exactly what I wanted a "Moonstone" Vibe with automatic and perfered package. The deal was 2000 dollars off in rebates (500 vibe rebate, 1000 conquest rebate, and 500 for a trade in of 99 or newer) Then another 1000 off from the dealer for their promotion. So it would be 15690 plus they offered us a 1000 bucks for our 2000 Daewoo trade-in. Does this sound like a good deal?
  • aveo_bobaveo_bob Member Posts: 8
    Well after haggling with two dealers on two different cars I talked one of them down to what I think is a pretty good deal. I got a Moonstone Base with the Prefered Package (power everything), Automatic, and ABS for 14000 +TTL after our trade in of 2000 Daewoo Nubira with 95,000 miles.

I walked out smileing
  • steine13steine13 Member Posts: 2,818
    This my be a little late, but I don't usually hang out here... Others have commented on this and complained bitterly about the not having the factory cross bars.... I wouldn't worry about it.

In fact, I've never used mine; when I put stuff up there, I use Yakima "Railriders", which are pretty decent, universal-fit adapters that attach solid round cross bars to the factory rack.
    That'll haul anything that ISN'T a 17-foot canoe, and costs $150 or so. Not exactly cheap, but compared to a $17k+ car...

But I usually just use one pair of those as a (very good) anchor for the rear, and a pair of Q towers for the front. I've been known to haul fairly serious weights hundreds of miles in 50+ mph cross winds.

Here's a picture of what some of that looks like... the problem with the old Q towers has been solved by Yakima sending me a new set for free...
    http://www.msu.edu/~steine13/vibe.html

The factory cross bars are junk anyway.

-Mathias
  • aravind406aravind406 Member Posts: 4
    Hello
    I am buying a new 2006 Vibe salsa, with 4 speed AT, monotone package and preferred package. The amount I am being quoted is 18609 Out the door. It includes a 1500 usd rebate. The pricing is 18331 + ttl - 1500 = 18609. Please tell me what y'all think of this deal.
    Also wanted to add the following figures for my exact configuration as per edmunds. This is price without ttl and rebates. What should i realistically hope to get for this configuration?

MSRP : 19015
    INVOICE : 17868
    TMV : 18231
    Best regards
    A wannabe vibe owner
  • fear_hopefear_hope Member Posts: 90
    It sounds high to me. I got my 2006 Vibe at invoice minus rebates. What state and city/town are you purchasing in?
  • aravind406aravind406 Member Posts: 4
    am really sorry for the delay in replying. I was away vacationing at the big island. just returned to get bak to negotiations. lucky for me gm has an additional 500 off in june. But rite now, the dealer is asking for 400 usd advertising fees. This is the only additional fees over invoice from edmunds. what would you suggest? do i hold out or go shopping again?
    Aravind
  • hjulienhjulien Member Posts: 1
    Hi Mathias,

I have a 3 yeay old Yakima rack with 4 Qtowers that I used on my Echo. I just bought myself a vibe and you like to reuse my old rack parts if possible to carry my sea kayak. I ordered new clips for the front towers and purchased Railraiders for the rear.

Your qtowers really scratched your paint job! :sick: Was your trouble due to your Qtowers or just the clips? Did you use the rubber stickers they give with the clips? Are they useful? Any suggestions to protect my paint job?

Cheers
    Ryk
  • kitchenchefkitchenchef Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I saw a new 2005 (2WD, AT, fully loaded) Vibe at a New York Metro area dealership. Not a typo in the model year. I asked to take a test drive. The rep indicated the vehicle was involved in an accident and asked whether I was still interested. I took a test drive (accelerate, decelerate, hands off the steering wheel) and did not notice any stability issues. I however heard a noticeable puttering sound from the front driver side (as if a pinhole leak in the exhaust). Drove a 2006 immediately afterwards and did not hear this sound. Rep indicated 2005 vehicle was hit while parked overnight but everything is okay now because repairs were completed "to factory specifications". Vehicle appears new every other way. Carfax returns 0 records for the VIN. There is about 80 miles on the odometer. Sticker price says $22,900 (did I say loaded?) and dealer offers $17,900 "no pressure" price. Based on paperwork shown me I suspect this vehicle has been in the lot in excess of 18 months.

My question is whether this is a good offer that I should take/leave, can I negotiate further to the $14K to $16K range due to a branded title and putter sound, or should I avoid altogether because the car is damaged goods? Edmunds indicates used with clean title $15,700 via private party for outstanding condition.
  • gmcargmcar Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at buying a new 2006 Vibe, which is still in a dealer's unsold inventory. The dealer took the sum of the GM incentive bonus of $500 plus my accrued GM card earnings, subtracted that total from the sticker price and quoted the difference as the price of the car. Tax and prep would be extra. I asked him why he did not take anything off the sticker price of the car, considering that it is a 2006 model. He said the profit margins are too slim. Is he correct or should I look for another dealer?
  • repoman1repoman1 Member Posts: 64
    Look for another dealer. You should get invoice minus any rebates minus your GM card. If you can, wait until January 2007 and then you shouldn't have any problem getting any vehicle for invoice.
  • kneehowmakneehowma Member Posts: 17
    Just purchased a 2006 Pontiac Vibe from DeMontrond in Houston, TX. Sales person is nice, I would go back to him in a heartbeat; but get the usual mean-looking, high pressure sales manager coming to stare-you-down treatment. Here is the break down:

MSRP $19455 = Base($16430)+destination($560)+AT($850)+power group($850)+16" wheels($440)+monotone($325)

Invoice $18255 = Base($15526)+destination($560)+AT($748)+power group($748)+16" wheels($387)+monotone($286)

Negotiated to: Vehicle($17600)-GM rebate($500)-Conquest Rebate($1000)+TTL($1024.07)+documentation fee($50)-GM card($2440.48)=$14733.59

With the vehicle price $655 lower than invoice, I think I did okay on the deal. From the negotiation to take delievery of the vehicle, it took 4.5 hours. However, I went to the dealership for the advertised moonstone colored Vibe(AT, ABS options) at $13588(after GM+conquest rebate)+TTL, so I got side-tracked and missed the great deal and bought the extra options. Maybe someone can fetch that deal after reading this post. Good luck to all car shoppers.
  • reignreign Member Posts: 20
    Can someone tell me what the Conquest rebate is?

I will be going to a dealership in Irving tomorrow to possibly purchase a Vibe (AT)for $18k out the door. I had thought this would be a good deal until I read some of these posts. The salesperson said I might also receive a $500 rebate, but not sure what this is. I'm not sure what the car has in it, but only know its an automatic, demo (3800mi), and has a 6 disc cd changer.
    Thanks for any info you can provide.
  • kneehowmakneehowma Member Posts: 17
    You can find the GM cash rebate (as well as dealer inventory) on GMBUYPOWER.com. The GM cash rebate could be different in each geographic region. Cash rebate means you are going to pay for the car entirely (i.e. not financing through GMAC). If you don't have that kind of cash but want to get the cash rebate, you could secure the loan through your bank/credit union and use that loan to pay for the entire car and receive the rebate.

Conquest rebate is Pontiac's way of attracting non-GM car owner to buy their product. Basically if you own a non-GM vehicle, you can get a $1000 Conquest rebate now through Jan 2, 2007. I actually don't have non-GM vehicle (I own a Chevy and Oldsmobile), so what I did is co-sign the title to my brother and my name, and showed a copy of his car insurance with the non-GM vehicle on there, and was able to qualify for the rebate. You do NOT need to trade in the vehicle, only to show proof that you have a non-GM vehicle in the household.
  • cph_ticketscph_tickets Member Posts: 2
    Just wondering if anyone was able to use more than teh allowable earnings on their GM card. I want the Vibe ($1000 max) but would like to use all $1600 earnings I have available. Thanks!
  • imacycoimacyco Member Posts: 5
    I missed the "year end deals" and the "red tag" event. I was wondering what I should expect to pay for this car, the more I look - the more I like it ;)

Based on some of the posts, here are the things I have going for me:

- First GM car in the family (went all Toyota a few years ago)
    - One of my parents is a GM Employee
    - Live in Detroit (dunno if that helps or hurts me)

What I would like:

Base + Automatic Transmission + Side Airbags + [ ABS + Stabilitrak + (maybe - for the Michigan Winter)]

Can anyone tell me what a good deal might be?
  • jgaltjgalt Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up a base 2007 Vibe for my dad. 5 Spd manual trans, pretty basic. Sticker $17,215. Paid $13,515 plus ttl. $15,010 out the door. That included $1,000 GM Card rebate. Puente Hills Pontiac/Buick/GMC.
  • cph_ticketscph_tickets Member Posts: 2
    I got a 2006 with a sticker of $20500 for $17900. I also had $1600 GM card, so that total got down to $$16300. It had sun & fun package & sport package.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A national news magazine is looking to interview recent GM car buyers (Chevrolet, Pontiac, GMC, Cadillac, Saturn, Buick, Hummer, Saab) that switched from a Toyota or considered purchasing a Toyota. If you are interested, please send an email to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Monday, January 29, 2007 containing your daytime contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• zoeonlyzoeonly Member Posts: 1
    My local dealership still has several 2006 base Vibes on the lot. I can be flexible with options at the right price. Anyone have a good idea of where prices are likely to start? I'm ready to buy if I can get it cheap.
  • manoamanoa Member Posts: 3
    Bought a 07 Vibe AT+Power Package+ABS+Side Airbags for $17758 out the door. Sticker price is $20265. Negotiated the price to $19300, the tax in Milwaukee is 5.6% and the license fee is $123. I took the $1000 GM rebate, $500 Conquest, $400 Graduate rebate, $844 GM card rebate and 0.0% APR.
    It is a smooth transaction. It only took me less than an hour to get everything done. The dealer is in Brookfield and has no service fee.
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Member Posts: 316
    I got an internet quote from a local dealer of $1300 off the label. I thought that was fair and went in to sign the deal. He gave me KBB "good condition" for my trade, and I got an additional $1500 in bonus cash from GM. I am very satisfied with the deal and the car.
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    where did you buy? and what options did you get?
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Member Posts: 316
    Dugan in Avon, IN.

Preferred Pkg; automatic; front, side, & curtain airbags; antilock brakes; stabilitrak; theft deterrent system.
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    thanks for the info!
  • debinncdebinnc Member Posts: 2
    I have no idea if I got a good deal or not, but here it is. New 2007, salsa, security pkg (wanted OnStar), Sun/Sound (wanted sunroof), Pref pkg (gotta have power accessories), automatic, 16" aluminum wheels (didn't like the hubcaps), monotone paint(more appropriate for my age) = $20,598 less $2,000 cash incentives. So, the price was $18,598 before trade-in, taxes, etc. Deb in NC
  • bognvlybognvly Member Posts: 4
    Very satisfying purchasing experience, mostly because of Edmonds.com. Did all kinds of research, knew what I wanted in options, then narrowed it down to three manufacturers: Kia, Toyota, Pontiac. I found it really hard to buy a car when the dealers know you did your research and especially when you let them know you used Edmonds.com. Anyway, I purchased my Vibe with a sticker price of $21,000 plus....the original offer from the dealership was around $19,000 and they accepted my offer to write a check to them for $17,750 and they could calculate their doc fees, administration fees, discounts, etc. anyway they wanted so long as the bottom line was $17,750. I did my own title and tax. This dealership was very professional, easy to work with, and they continue to provide excellent service....just nice people. I purchased my Vibe at Greiner, Valdosta, GA.....Wonderful Vibe! :)
  • parklaneparklane Member Posts: 1
    Was looking for a fully equipped 2007 and there was only one, 250 miles away in Ohio, without the side air bag option, so I gave up. I need it fully equipped to supercharge and modify using Toyota Racing Development parts. If anyone knows of a brand new one sitting around, please let me know...
  • bzribeebzribee Member Posts: 27
    Today, when I sat with the Internet Manager as she did numbers, and no pressure at all, she seemed to allow me to see her computer screen. She would tell me the MSRP and then the invoice price which was clearly visible. But under that line I could see "GMC" and a price that was about $800 lower than the one she quoted. I'm thinking that would be the bottom line number or maybe the price paid. I didn't say anything at the time, but it occurs to me that maybe she let me see the pricing to hint (?) that I could ask about it?

Anyway, I'm not deciding yet, but I"m wondering if anyone can clarify this for me. Thanks.
  • akatoakato Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a new Vibe the beginning of this month. Started with the Edmunds internet quote from the local dealer but still had to do the dance with the salesman because he didn't actually have the car on his lot. Just wanted a commuter so I my only requirements were: stealth or moonstone color, 5-speed, PCM and PCQ options. They came back with my car but it also had anti-lock brakes and a cargo cover, but I took it anyway. I was happy with the $15,700 price after $1K dealer markdown, $1K GM card redemption, and $750 for my 1989 beater trade-in. Mileage was 28mpg and 30 mpg for the 1st 2 tanks, maybe 70/30 city/highway. Really satisfied so far.
  • linlinxulinlinxu Member Posts: 1
    Hi,akato,
    I need to buy a vibe soon and seems you got a pretty good deal. can you tell me how do you get the GM card redemption and which dealer did you deal with? Thanks.
    I live in Hillsboro, Oregon, so I just started with the nearest dealer, Royal-Moore Pontiac(as well as a bunch of other brands). We've had the GM Card (VISA) since 2001 so had a bunch of reward points on it (one cent reward for each dollar charged). Manager #2 or #3 (lol) calls the GM rewards hotline before you sign the paperwork to get your $1000 (for Vibe) redemption. Good luck.
  • iblokhiblokh Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for a 2007 Pontiac Vibe (at the lower end of the price range, with minimum options). At this point I have a $1,000 rebate from my GM card, but that expires on September 4th. In your experience, how much do cars like the Vibe drop in price once the 2008 models are on the sales floor? From what dealers have told me, the new models should be in by late September, so I'm wondering if the 2007 models they have left will drop more than $1,000. Any advice appreciated, thanks!
  • iblokhiblokh Member Posts: 3
    Sorry, misspoke - the rebate is from GM, not the GM card. In your experience, once a rebate expires, does it tend ot get renewed? Does it usually increase or decrease?
  • vdawg1vdawg1 Member Posts: 4
    I have decided on a Pontiac Vibe and have narrowed it down two '07's i found: (both Abyss)

1st: Preferred Pckg, Sun and Sound Pckg, Monotone Pckge, Auto trans. sticker price 20,105. dealer's phone deal: 16,538 with a 7.49% apr rate for a 60 month finance. (as of now no money down, but could be $1,500) PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS A GOOD DEAL!

2nd: same as above, but instead of Monotone Pckge it has ABS. don't have a deal yet on this.... but do you recommend this one instead? PLEASE HELP! I'll appreciate any advice. thank you! :D
  • ytijytij Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2007 Vibe (preferred, sun&sound, auto, side airbags, monotone, rear cargo cover) in the exact, hard-to-find color combo (wave/slate) I was looking for. Only downside was that it didn’t have abs. According to Edmunds, my 2000 Chevy Prizm (manual, 111.7K mi, fair cond) had a trade-in value of $1K. A friend of mine did the negotiating for me. MSRP was $21K and he offered $17K, which had to include any dealer/document fees, etc. To make the numbers work, the dealer gave me $2199 for my Prizm, I took the $1500 GM rebate and the dealer gave me another $500 rebate. Tax, ttl & reg were $1381, which the dealer took care of without any additional charge. I had a GM card rebate of $3500 (card holder since 1993) so my out-the-door cost was $14881.
  • bob175bob175 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to buy one of these cars, but having trouble deciding. Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with either one.
  • zombietom3zombietom3 Member Posts: 74
    You lost me a little. It looks like the car started out at $21000 + $1381 for the original out-the-door, and you got out at $14881, or $7500 less. Ok, forget about the special $3500 GM card credit and it looks to me like you got $4000 for trade-in and discounts/rebates. If you assign the book $1000 to the trade-in, you seem to have gotten $1500 + $500 in rebates and another $1000 discount. Is that right? I would want ABS as well. Can that be added after manufacture or if possible is it prohibitively expensive requiring too much tear-down and rebuild?

I think that was a pretty fair deal you gor, with maybe another $500 squeeze left in it (and maybe not). I like the Vibe and it would be tops on my list except for the width being a little tight in my small garage (Focus ZX5 and ZXW are 3" narrower).
  • bob175bob175 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply, but your reply was to someone else, not me., as I was not talking about price. Just looking for anyones thoughts between the 2008 Honda Civic and the 2008 Vibe. Trying to make a final decision. Thanks, bob175
  • zombietom3zombietom3 Member Posts: 74
    My message about price paid should have indicated that I was replying to you (msg 247), not to bob175 (msg 248) as it indicates. I must must have been tired and cross-eyed when I clicked the reply on the message below yours.
  • ytijytij Member Posts: 2
    You did the math right. It was $1000 for the trade, $2000 in rebates and another $1000 discount (plus the $3500 GM card rebate). I was told I couldn't get abs after the fact. I searched the Pontiac website for 2007's and almost all of them seemed to be either an odd combination of options or not many options. When I found one with so much of what I was looking for (the color was a bonus), I decided to buy it even though it meant driving an hour and a half to a neighboring state.

Funny you should mention that about maybe squeezing out another $500. My friend was kicking himself for not sticking to his original $16500 offer, but I could see the manager started to resist going below $17000. I didn't want to risk walking out and having them let us go. Basically I'm really pleased with the deal and enjoying my new Vibe:)!
  • jayvibejayvibe Member Posts: 2
    Just married and bought my wife a 'new' car. Replaced her 99' Pontiac Sunfire with an '06 Pontiac Vibe (base) with 28k miles. Red, monotone pkg. Paint has been mistreated a bit. Price was $13.6k + tax, title, lic = $14950 out the door. I barely kept to my guns to resist the extra warranty. Only wish it had an ipod input on the stereo and the ride is kinda rough... I wonder if tires would make much difference in that. Her Sunfire had more comfortable seats. But the stereo sounds great playing Josh Groben's Christmas album.

Merry Christmas all!
  • platinumvibe08platinumvibe08 Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a brand new Platinum 2008 Vibe on 12/28/07 from Auffenberg of Carbondale and I'm quite pleased with the deal and the overall experience. MSRP on the sticker was $20,835. I bought the car for about $16,550 plus tax and fees. My out-the-door total price was an easily negotiated $17,750. I feel as if I did quite well and so far I really like the Vibe.

Happy New Year

• mszekemszeke Member Posts: 9
    I have until 01/31/08 to use my GM card 3k TopOff $'s combined with my $1,000 GM loyalty ($4,000 total). What should I pay for a new '07 Vibe base (manual trans. no options)?
    After checking the usual sites; Edmund"s, Kellybb, NADA, then Carsdirect, Costco or Sam's club buying service, my only advice would be to aim LOW, considering you want last year's model and dealers are bulging with inventory.
  • bzribeebzribee Member Posts: 27
    I paid just under $16,000 in August for the exact car you're looking at. I was in a rush but felt the price was okay for my time frame. You should be able to get below this now, but I'm not sure how bulging the inventories are for manuals. San Diego.
    Thanks!
    Thank you, starting @ $12,999 and working up!
This discussion has been closed.