Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Vibe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• iowa27iowa27 Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to this forum but would like some input, (I know I may not be happy with the answer) as to a decent price for this Vibe.

It's basically loaded with:
    ABS
    Cargo cover
    Sunroof
    Automatic trans.
    Sun and Sound package (PCJ)
    Preferred package (PCM)
    17" aluminum wheels
    am/fm stereo, mp3 with 6 disc changer (UC6)

I've been offered a price of $19600 with a few minor "extras" thrown in.

Is this a great/good or bad deal?

Thanks
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    An average price for a $19800 msrp vibe is about $15800. This car will wholesale used for about 12500 in a year. An average price on the vehicle you describe would probably be in the low 17's.

Good luck
    --jjf

I'm new to this forum but would like some input, (I know I may not be happy with the answer) as to a decent price for this Vibe.

It's basically loaded with:
    ABS
    Cargo cover
    Sunroof
    Automatic trans.
    Sun and Sound package (PCJ)
    Preferred package (PCM)
    17" aluminum wheels
    am/fm stereo, mp3 with 6 disc changer (UC6)

I've been offered a price of $19600 with a few minor "extras" thrown in.

Is this a great/good or bad deal?

Thanks
  • robert60640robert60640 Member Posts: 1
    WOW! I'm in the middle of negotiating for a 2008 Vibe. MSPR is $20,410. They offered $18,300, which I thought was decent, but after reading this post of a sale back in December for $16,550, I'm not so certain!!!

The 2008 Vibe I was made the offer included: Preferred Pkg, Monotone Pkg, Automatic, ABS and 16" Aluminum wheels.

If any others can respond, please do.
    Why would you have been certain? If you look up the value of your vehicle used 07 with average miles in outstanding condition, it barely wholesales above $13000 according to kbb.com and the other books. The Toyota matrix (on which it is) is similar. Eating $5000 on a vehicle like this 1st year is uncool (from 18300 purchase price) expecially since 09 models are out now. You want 4000-4200+ off this vehicle, especially with industry sales as they are. Get bids from 10 toyota dealers too via email (toy website) on 08 matrixes to see what they can do too. Also get bids from at least 6-8 pontiac dealers too, and see what you can work last 5 days of the month.

Good luck
    --jjf

WOW! I'm in the middle of negotiating for a 2008 Vibe. MSPR is $20,410. They offered $18,300, which I thought was decent, but after reading this post of a sale back in December for $16,550, I'm not so certain!!!

The 2008 Vibe I was made the offer included: Preferred Pkg, Monotone Pkg, Automatic, ABS and 16" Aluminum wheels.

If any others can respond, please do.
  • sullidjsullidj Member Posts: 3
    This is a 1.8 with manual, air and preferred package(cruise, pw, pl remote entry). MSRP $17790, $890 discount. and $1,000 GM card rebate. I purchased this off the internet and had to drive 75 miles to pick up car. Am really impressed with ride and quality of car. After leaving the dealership I topped off my full tank of gas, and drove the 75 miles home never exceeding 50 and averaged 44 mpg. Now with over 600 miles of driving (half city) my total mpg is over 36.
  • adavis0073adavis0073 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2009 Vibe- 1.8, auto, preferred package. AC. The price taxs license on the road is 18900.00. Do you think this is a decent deal? This will be my second Vibe and I liked the first one. I also got a quote on 2009 Matrix on the road 19300.00.
  • zzsignupzzsignup Member Posts: 6
    How did you get the $890 discount? Or you mean discount from the retail sticker price? Thanks.
  • sullidjsullidj Member Posts: 3
    Discount was off MSRP. MSRP was $17790, discount $890, GM Card rebate was $1000.
  • mister015mister015 Member Posts: 2
    How could you have possibly cashed in $3,000 on an old GM card? The limit on a Vibe is $1000.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    I believe you will find that the "old card" has no restrictions as to the amount being able to be used.
  • gary_ggary_g Member Posts: 13
    I decided to buy a 1.8L, FWD, 2008 Vibe a few weeks ago and just closed the deal yesterday, 4/28. I live in Baltimore, MD.

I went on Edmunds.com and was contacted by a dealer who really wanted the business. At my request, he provided me a list of cars in a 200 mile radius that met my criteria of manual transmission and minimum bells & whistles. There were several colors that I did not like because of the 2-tone look with the dark grey plastic body molding that wraps around the bumpers and wheel wells. There weren't many cars with a "B57 Premium Monotone Package" either, so Moonstone (charcoal grey) looked best with the grey plastic body molding.

The car has no PCM Preferred Package, which is fine with me, but it does have JM4 Antilock Brakes.

MSRP was $17,920. The original offer from the dealer was $15,612 plus taxes, tags, and $100 processing fee. Final deal was $14,612 plus taxes, tags, and $100 fee. He found another $1000 from a "conquest rebate" which I needed a '99 or newer vehicle in the household to qualify for.

This will be my first GM product. I bought it because it is a Matrix twin and I like hatchbacks.

I think that buying with only 3 days left in the month helped my pricing.

I pick up the vehicle, 4/30, the last day of the month of April.

I think I did very well.
  • ssampierssampier Member Posts: 3
    I test drove a 2009 Pontiac Vibe with 2.4L 1sb engine, 5 speed auto, with preferred package and sun and sound package (along with air and 17" aluminum chrome clad wheels). The dealer experience was great; a lot better than the Mazda dealer. Sheeze, you think I was trying to steal their baby or something.

The dealer offered a little less than $300 over invoice for it. I decided to fax bid the process as suggested by Motley Fool and Edmunds articles. I declined the Edmunds service since it listed only one dealership. I didn't see an option to expand the search :confuse:
  • vesterosvesteros Member Posts: 1
    Senior (70 years old) in need of all the help I can get.
    I was offered the following 2 new cars with 1.8 engines.

Car 1
    08 vibe msrp $16810.00, inv $15885
    AYO airbag package $745 inv $655
    B57 premium monotone package $350 inv $308
    MXO auto 4 speed $850 inv $748
    PCM preferred package $850 inv $748
    QD2 16 inch aluminum wheels $440 inv $387

Total model and options $20045 inv $18732
    Destination charge $585
    Lam dealer cont $200
    Lam group cont $200

They want $19818
    Fees $264
    Tax $1639
    Gross price -----------$21721
    Rebate---------------- $2000

Out the door $19721

Car 2
    08 vibe price $18488
    Fees $274
    Tax $1529

Gross price $20265
    Rebate $2000

Out the door --------------------------------------$18000

Car is basic with auto Tran, regular wheels and preferred package.
    All advice welcome

Thanks
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Those aren't "new" cars; they are 1 year old now. Seems like your salesperson is acting like they are '09s. Should be a discount for that. See post #270 on this discussion. It sounds more like Matrix pricing. What part of the country are you in?

On the other hand, small cars are in demand right now and it can be hard to find Vibes even used.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    I was able to get $3500 off of sticker price for my '08 Vibe (plus tax and tags).
    These 08 vibes were cleared out the last few months for 4000-4500 or more off msrp. The first deal seems like about a 2500 off deal, the second (if 18488 is msrp with dest) about a 2000 off deal. Pass.

The new pontiac 09 vibes are plentiful, have abs standard and a few other minor things standard, and are about 1000 less in msrp all considered. (they reduced the msrp $600 I believe) . You may be able to walk in and get almost an 800 or 1000 off msrp deal (200 over invoice) and come close to equalling the deal you have with the 08's on a 09 with no problem. Better yet an 09 is a really new car, A 1400 off msrp deal on an 09 would almost exactly equal the deal you have on the 08. (actually much better as the 08 is worth close to 3000 less as it is almost a year old.)

You seem internet literate. If you feel froggy Put out a request for bids from 5-15 dealers from the pontiac website (pontiac.com) within 30-50 miles of your home with your specs colors etc. last week of the month. Perhaps try toyota as their dealers are more numerous and it is the same vehicle. Work with the top 3 or so over the phone. Don't wear yourself out in the heat. Shoot for 1000-2000+ off msrp. See what happens.

If you don't feel like it an 800-1000 off msrp deal on an 09 vibe 1.8 beats what you have on the 08s .

Good luck
    --jjf

Senior (70 years old) in need of all the help I can get.
    I was offered the following 2 new cars with 1.8 engines.

Car 1
    08 vibe msrp $16810.00, inv $15885
    AYO airbag package $745 inv $655
    B57 premium monotone package $350 inv $308
    MXO auto 4 speed $850 inv $748
    PCM preferred package $850 inv $748
    QD2 16 inch aluminum wheels $440 inv $387

Total model and options $20045 inv $18732
    Destination charge $585
    Lam dealer cont $200
    Lam group cont $200

They want $19818
    Fees $264
    Tax $1639
    Gross price -----------$21721
    Rebate---------------- $2000

Out the door $19721

Car 2
    08 vibe price $18488
    Fees $274
    Tax $1529

Gross price $20265
    Rebate $2000

Out the door --------------------------------------$18000

Car is basic with auto Tran, regular wheels and preferred package.
    All advice welcome

Thanks
    I just purchased and took delivery of my 2009 Pontiac Vibe. I think I got a good deal. Optional features include preferred package, sun and sound package, automatic transmission with tap control, air conditioning, and 17 wheels with chrome. Price was $20,173 (before taxes, title, and document fee). They messed up and gave me a $500 rebate I wasn't eligible for, so they gave it to me anyway.

As mentioned the buying experience from test drive to financing was super. I am quite happy with it. My first brand new car. :shades:

My only gripe is the dark cloth can get quite hot (high 80's here in Utah). I was thinking of getting lighter colored aftermarket seat covers. Any others suggestions?
  • tyac77tyac77 Member Posts: 2
    how much off of the MSRP list did you get? thanks
  • trashfishtrashfish Member Posts: 3
    :mad: I have been searching for a Vibe (with all the bells and whistles) for MONTHS...now intensely, the past 2 weeks. (need it fast!)
    Almost EVERY used one( 2005-07) I have found within 75 miles (of savannah Ga) has either been from a rental-lease program (Popular with rental companies?!) or had been "injured" (unspecified).
    ANd not one was under 15,000!!! (oops... I found a 2006 for 14,999 with 25,000 miles...turned out it had been in a wreck...and the dealer would not budge below 14,500!!!! A 2006!!!
    SO..I decided I could get a brand new one for maybe 3000 bucks more ...why buy someone else's problem?

HA! EVERY Vibe (2008) within a 100 miles is GONE as soon as I or one of the local Dealers locates it. Found one (A Dealer found it) in N.C. for 21,500 loaded, Sun & Moons,6-CD, On Star, Pref Pkg, ABS, White, etc...so with $2000 rebate, including tax, all the paper BS, destination fee, etc, the "out the door" is 20,445 or so! Holy Moly!!!

(SUV prices! )
    ANYWAY...decided to jump on that one, emailed the dealer to try to get it for me...no response back. Am almost certain he can not get it now...been 3 days while I decided. I took too long!
    One dealer found one on a dealer's lot in North Ga...tried to get it (trade one of his) for me...the dealer refused to trade it to him.

What is going on? A shortage of '08's?
    I do NOT like the 09's...only good thing about them is the standard features that were options on the 08's...
    DURN!!!....they discontinued that great independant hatch window! Great useful feature. Wonder why?
    And 09's have bigger piller blind spots now.

So.am up a creek.....I now need this car THIS week ...am about to give up on a Vibe.. A local dealer does have a loaner 2008 on his lot (3000 miles on it) white (color I want) power and auto, but no sunroof or ABS...18,000 out the door.(After 2000 rebate)!!

SHEESH!!!! EVEN EBAY is short on these!

HELP!!!

Also...question...can the Vibe pull a small boat????? I have to relinquish my truck Friday (someone hit it and totalled it!) and was hoping the Vibe could do it all...cargo and occasionally the little boat. (Under 1000 pounds).????????

Otherwise I may have to consider a CR-V or Highlander....sigh.
    Thanks!!!
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    Trashfish: Why not check out the Toyota Matrix...It seems there are plenty of them available and that and the Vibe are "Twins"...same motor, etc. Go to Fitzmall.com and check out the prices and then make a deal locally!!!!!
    All the 2008 vibes were sold heavily for about 4000 or more off msrp the last 3 months. Very few left. Probably the same for 08 matrix. Many of the 19500 vibes 08 went in the 15000's last month or two. For the new Vibe, I would want at least 1500-2000 off but with the run on hi mpg vehicles the dealers are working the trout while they are running.

Good luck
    --jjf
    :shades: Thanks both of you!

I finally caved today..panic mode since my current vehicle goes to the insurance co in a few days.
    Drove a 2004 GLSTurbo Jetta wagon that was SWEET...almost got it ($$$13000/ 39000 miles)...BUT cannot pull a boat and heard VW Service is high cost$$$ as are the Jettas. So...ran back to the Pontiac dealer.

There are almost ZERO '08 Matrix's here as well.
    I like the Vibe's design much better. (09's stink)

So...I called the local Vibe dealer back...he put me in a "loaner" (2000+ miles...mostly geriatric Caddy owners (Its a Cadillac-Pontiac Dealer) and not the White I wanted (It's a Blue-Grey with clad), no Sun and Moon OR ABS (WAAAA!)

BUT dropped to below $16,000. (After $$2000 rebate) so walked out the door $17,402. $3400 less than the car I tried to get...(wanted ...White, clad, ABS,Sunroof...BUT figured a sunroof, ABS and "on star" was NOT worth $3400 more!) It's HOT here and everyone I know with a sunroof keeps them closed...so, why did I want it??? NO clue.(scratchin head)

I know I could have , perhaps, gotten this '08 for a little less but I was not in the mood to haggle it more. He TRIED to sell it to me for $18,430 out the door. UH Uh.
    I'm a woman..figures he'd try that...LOL!

He refused to budge on the final price, and was going to let me walk if any lower than the $17400 (tax, etc incl). So...that was what I paid.

Hey! Gotta FULL tank of gas too!!! Hehheh!

One thing...do NOT like the interior/seat covers..DARK GREY-BLACK??? NOT so Lovely in the summer....
    going to get beige seat covers this week.

So far...love the zip and the road feel..for a small cyl.
    I am migrating from a sluggish 4 cyl auto pick up truck with NO pick up!...lol.

YAY!
  • amethisteamethiste Member Posts: 28
    I am interested in buying a 2009 Vibe 1.8L automatic transmission with the preferred package with the radio upgrade, A/C and anti-theft device. The dealer says it may be difficult to get in a 1.8 rather than the larger engine. But the larger engine is not as fuel efficient and would push the price over $20,000.

I've been quoted $18,762.33 in Baltimore, MD. Is this reasonable?
    "I've been quoted $18,762.33 in Baltimore, MD. Is this reasonable? "

I live in Abingdon, Harford County.
    I used Edmunds.com and was contacted by Fox Pontiac in Laurel. They sold me my '08 Vibe at $3500 below sticker.

Good luck.
    $18,762.33 is the out the door price for an 09 Vibe. Sorry I wasn't more clear. :blush:
    No Idea. Taxes vary from $100 to $1800 depending on state. Doc fees at dealerships vary from 50 to $500.

Many of the 08 vibes were cleared out for $4000 or more off msrp. An 07 used vibe in the 19000 dollar msrp range wholesales for about 12000 so $15000 or so (4000 off) is about what the new 08 was worth. For the 09's I would want 2000 off or more (plus tax title). Whether thats achieveable now with the run on hi mileage vehicles I don't know but it soon may be.

Good luck
    --jjf

18,762.33 is the out the door price for an 09 Vibe. Sorry I wasn't more clear
    Every dealership I hav e contacted is offering a GMS price that is basically $1400 of of MSRP. 09 Vibes seem to be tough to find, I may have to order one.
    MSRP is $21,300 so $1,127 off; not bad, but not great either. I probably could have done better if I had waited until the end of month (I was hoping for invoice or lower).

The dealership was great, though; no-pressure at all, ever.

I love my Vibe.
  • novanova Member Posts: 135
    If you look on edmunds new car pricing there is only about $1,000.00 between invoice and MSRP . I check looking up a GT model so it looks like you made a good deal. Enjoy your new car.
  • cmortoncmorton Member Posts: 15
    I just purchased a 2009 Carbon Gray Vibe, 2.4 litre engine, with the Preferred Package, Sun and Sound, Automatic, Air, Theft Alarm, Cargo Cover and Fog Lamps from approximately 1200.00 under sticker at Marina Motors in Capitola CA. Great dealership and the best service departmane I have ever dealt with. I got my 04 Vibe (traded in) from them.

It was the last of their initial allocation on the lot. they have been selling well thepast few weeks. Another local dealer in Los Gatos, CA has 14 Vibes at one time and a recen burst of sales has left them with 3.
  • 09greyvibe09greyvibe Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2009 Carbon Gray Vibe, 2.4 engine with the Preferred package, 5spd Auto, Air, etc. MSRP $19,365 Purchase Price $17,643 + License, Tax and Title. Overall I felt it was a pretty good buying experience! :shades:
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,237
    I just looked at the GM Summer Sale website... 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT, MSRP $20,585.00, Employee Price $15,363.00, cash back $500.00, your price $14,863.00. Is this a misprint? The employee price on the GT looks to be lower than the employee price on the base model.
    You're misreading something. The employee prices are about 2000 off msrp for all the models. Your misreading something or the website was temporarily burping.

Otherwise, get a model and dealer located and get that 5100 off NOW!

Good luck
    --jjf

just looked at the GM Summer Sale website... 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT, MSRP $20,585.00, Employee Price $15,363.00, cash back $500.00, your price $14,863.00. Is this a misprint? The employee price on the GT looks to be lower than the employee price on the base model.
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,237
    On the 20th, they had the GT (and some other vehicles) mispriced on the GM Summer Event website. It was fixed by the 21st. :cry:
  • maxx4memaxx4me Member Posts: 1,340
    Why on earth is GM sending the Corolla Vibe to the dealerships with only the 1sa, auto, and preferred package? There are a host of other options I would love to have such as the theft deterrent system, upgraded MP3 radio, rear security cover, rear storage system, and bumper protector strip. I guess I will just order one and use my buying service rather than take these "stripped down" models that are being gobbled up by everyone. Boy, it is real hard to get a Corolla Vibe in the east. Camry Vibes, yet, but Corolla Vibes with the better gas mileage....forget about it.
  • merlin3212merlin3212 Member Posts: 2
    Hi - I'm looking at a 1.8L Vibe, with 4spd auto, A/C, Preferred package 1SA, listed as MSRP $18900. Per the dealer, after the current employee discount and $500 rebate, the price offered is $17400 (approx $1500 off list.)

Should this not be (at least) less than $17000, based on the general assumption that everyone is getting at least $2000 off MSRP, including the current discount plus rebate? Thanks
    no, the margins are very small on a Vibe. There is a GMS discount calculator on the pontiac.com website. Just click on the employee badge to the right. I just special ordered my 1.8 liter Vibe. Dealers around the country are not swapping Vibes, and the 1.8 liter Vibe is not coming with some of the options I want. Even if I miss out on GMS pricing, I'll be happy I ordered all the amenaties that I want (theft/alarm system, rear cargo storage, upgraded MP3 radio, and my exact color), and get it at my car buying service discount price.
  • merlin3212merlin3212 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I initially misread my quote - the net price is actually about $16,900, after the current $500 rebate is factored in.
    yeah, I only hope the GMS pricing is extended when my car comes in......to include the $500 (or more). Keep your finger's crossed.
  • klipsch260klipsch260 Member Posts: 2
    My 1996 Geo Prizm(Toyota Corolla) blew it's water pump recently. We got 145k miles out of her and I don't feel like putting in the $400 plus other things that really need to be taken care of. It got around 20/30 mph for 12 years. Also had a Geo Metro 90'(suzuki swift) that we really liked, fun to drive but hard on the body-this was one of the spartan 50 mpg 1liter/3 cyl jobs.

I'd been looking for about a week when I back searched the prizm and found out they were making Vibes in the same "shared" factory the prizm was made in.

I really wanted a manual trans.(we have a 16 yr old learning to drive and we hadn't had a manual for two or three years). Was seriously looking at the Saturn Astra.
    I still think the shifting was a little smother, but we ended up with a pretty nice Vibe.

Momma liked the Vibe better and I have to agree it's a more fun/comfy car all around.

We got a base Navy Blue 2.4L with Manual 5 spd, Sun n Sound, Preferred pkg, AC, and fog lamps out-the-door for about the original Sticker price of $19,715. Really wanted the 1.8L but they've been snapped up as soon as they're delivered. Probably will be happier with the extra power, but would have liked the extra mpgs.

We got the "Emp. discount" which my wife could get anyway and $500 rebate. The dealer sold wifey a few add-ons, basically oil changes and detailing, which will be a fair deal if we get to use them all. The dealer also "upsold' a $300 "paint coating" on all cars(can you say "mo profit") Indiana sales tax of 6% put the price right back at the sticker price.

Paid more than I would have liked to for this car, but we have long time loyalty to GM products and although we test drove several others we'll probably keep going back to them until we get a real lemon. Currently have a 05 impala thats pretty well decked out, almost bought a used 2004 SS for myself instead of vibe, but was sold already. (mamma gets the new ones so I'll be happy with the 05 impala, it gets just as good mpg anyway)

If you're looking for a manual transmission 09 Vibe, either order it or if you find one you like, buy it or it'll be gone. I found two 1.8s, but they had been sent to other dealers or already sold.

We drove off the lot with about 40 miles on the odometer of which we had put about 38 miles test driving on Saturday and Monday(bought on Monday 8/25/08)... the manufacturer date was 07/08... {;{)}
  • bonary03bonary03 Member Posts: 1
    Bought a 2009 Vibe Liquid Silver, 2.4L, 5speed auto, 1SB for $16200 in dallas. Dealer had just the one on sale, something to do with special coupons from the manufacturer got the price down from $19,300. Would have liked to get the 17" wheel upgrade and the Monsoon sound system, but for the price I can just upgrade my stereo myself and find some good aftermarket wheels.
  • use1timeuse1time Member Posts: 13
    Had to go to Atlanta to do it. Most of the dealers in the Greenville/Spartanburg area are holding buyers up for a $299 document processing fee. The one that didn't only had a single Vibe in stock and was loaded with options we didn't want or need. Carl Black Pontiac in Roswell came through (only something like a $25 documentation fee) after we mass emailed dealers in a 150 mile radius. We got the 1.8l engine, 4 speed auto, a/c and preferred package. After GM rebates and employee pricing the car came in at $16572. About $800 under Edmunds invoice after you figure in shipping. The final sweetner was the $2000 in GM card rebates that lowered the final price to just under $15k including TT&L. Don't know what it's like in the rest of the country, but around here it's like the dealers got together and decided on that $299 "documentation" fee. It's not only the Pontiac dealers, the Toyota dealers have it in place as well. There were two other vibes I was willing to cut the deal on and both times the dealerships wouldn't budge on the the documentation fee. Regardless of what I've been reading, car sales can't be going that badly for them, when they're so so adamant about the additional markup via a documentation fee.
    In VA, it is equally hard to find a 1.8 liter "Corolla-Vibe". Moreover, they won't budge on the $299 processing fee, stating some bogus VA law. In MD, it is illegal to charge such a fee. Toyota is mandating that you purchase one of their outrageously marked up option packages when ordering a Camry hybrid. Don't fret; soon we will see the days when all dealerships go away, and you have only distribution centers to pick up your car that you ordered straight from the factory.
  • robrwa123robrwa123 Member Posts: 46
    We just took delivery last Friday on a very hard to find 1.8L 5-Spd MT PV. Had to wait for something close to what we wanted, not the exact specs, but we were comfortable with it (in fact, we love it!). It has more power and is quieter that its predecessor due to major engine updates, and we're getting more MPG as well (although our 03 was an AT). Get the 5MT; 4-Speed AT's are a thing of the past! And if you're getting a Base model (FWD), you don't need the 2.4L - it'll just cost you more upfront, in insurance, and gas. Plus, this car is still actually fun to drive and has a bit of zip to it. I could see why you'd want the 2.4L in the GT or AWD though.

GMS on the vehicle was $16, 657.00, minus the 500 rebate, minus the $888 I had through GM Flex Card Earnings. Unavoidable surprises reported elsewhere inc. "Dealer Processing Fee" of $298, and $175 VIN window etching fee = $15,741.88. Sticker was $18, 030. Options were Power Package, upgraded MP3 stereo, and A/C; that's it! Out the door at just under $16, 600, inc. tax, title, registration, everything!

Agree w/other writers that they should make more of these (1.8L/5MT) available.
    You did very well with pricing on that car. I paid about the same ($16k out the door) for an '08 Vibe in April 2008 in Baltimore. 1.8L, manual transmission, no power package. It's a great car. Getting 35 mpg.

Good luck.
    WOW! That is a Great price!
    I got an '08 (had a couple 1000 miles on it...dealer's loaner) Auto, power, 1.8, for 17,000-+ out the door. Could have gotten an '09 for the same...but I LOVE the back window that opens separately from the hatch.'09 dropped that...a shame. (You can carry 8'-10' boards with hatch-window open...had to do it and it made a big difference in not having the entire hatch up.) :D
    Taken a couple of long trips in it and it flies...very zippy for a 1.8, and the seats are really comfortable. which is nice! Had a trailer hitch put on and it pulls my Whaler with ease. AND holds a LOT of stuff in back...I love this car! ( Only regret I have is not getting White...durn it.) I have been getting about 30 MPG but I drive FAST and that is city/hwy w/ auto & A/C on..so not too bad.
    The Pontiac Dealer I got it from (Savannah,Ga) is great too...ANY thing they do to the car (maintenance) they loan the customer another car, so no waiting around!
  • use1timeuse1time Member Posts: 13
    Well we took delivery today of the 2009 Vibe. For information purposes, it has the 1.8l engine, 4sp automatic, a/c, and convenience package. We got the GM employee pricing, the $500 GM instant rebate, and we had $2028 in GM Mastercard points which clinched the deal. We've got the "old card" so we used them all. Without the GM Mastercard points the price came to just over $16700. Then knock off the points and add in Sales Tax (max $300 in S.C.), dealer documentation fee $75, and $3 lemon law. and another few bucks for title and registration and we're out the door for under $15,200. If it wasn't for the GM Card we probably would've taken a strong look at a Hyundai. Dealer was Carl Black GMC Pontiac located in Roswell just outside of Atlanta. No pressure from the dealer or the internet sales person. We probably didn't get the best price possible, but we feel we were treated well.
  • musicmanmumusicmanmu Member Posts: 16
    I'm about to close on an 09 Vibe GT for $19,504. That doesn't include any taxes or other fees. Is this a good deal?
    I didn't look @ the GT's, but if you're getting GM Employee Pricing + the 500$ rebate, its always a good deal. On a $20K car, the profit margins are so small, anything less than $1500 less than sticker is great, and I think that's about what you're getting.
    Looks like you got a great price, I don't know why you think you "probably didn't get the best price possible". GM Employee Pricing + 500$ rebate alone make this car a very good deal; dealers really don't or can't go under that price. The way compact cars are selling now, people are feeling lucky to get $500 off sticker. I'm glad you didn't look @ Hyundai; Korea has unfair trading tariffs on our cars sold there, but we let'em sell w/o tariffs here. Buy American! Especially when they've (finally) got it right!
This discussion has been closed.