Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volvo V70/XC70: Problems & Solutions

2»

Comments

• Options
    kcgobluekcgoblue Member Posts: 1
    looking for advice please... is there any reason to not pull a small(ish) U-Haul trailer with my 2002 XC70? I am concerned about wrecking the transmission or having some other breakdown. Will stay in the weight limits, though maybe not within the speed recommendation. Oh, and this is for 2000 miles out to California.
    Thanks for the thoughts.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    The recent thread of posts on transmission problems has been moved to the V70/XC70 Transmission Problems discussion and you may continue the converstaion there.
  • Options
    bigwoodenradiobigwoodenradio Member Posts: 10
    Check tow rating and make sure you load the trailer properly (loads shift forward, not backward), evenly distribute the weight from side to side, heavier and dense items in nose and low. I'd be careful of long driving days that are hot and/or also involve mountains.
    Both up and down put a strain on your car...so give it a rest, allow it to idle before shutting down to keep the turbo from cooking the oil...and take some coolant with you in case you need to top off. If you've not driven with a trailer before, take the time to get used to how it effects your handling...lane changes, sudden avoidance, & braking...and, easy does it.
  • Options
    jomotojomoto Member Posts: 12
    Few days ago the alarm went on without any reason (the car was parked inside our house)....few days later the same happened.....So we decided to leave it without alarm when inside the house so no disturbance is caused to the neighbors in case the problem starts and we were away.

......Any suggestions?
  • Options
    I believe the thread you read on the snow tires was here:
    volvomax, "Volvo V70 Wagon Experience" #1681, 29 Jul 2006 10:20 am

That's in the Volvo V70 Wagon Experience discussion.
  • Options
    jomotojomoto Member Posts: 12
    I insisted to my wife we should change our Mercedes Benz A190 2002 for this XC70 2002.....I really like its handling, is great in highway..very VERY comfortable, unlike the MB that has a really hard riding and is a back pain machine, but it never failed....this one has the Clunk sound when shifting down and I still do not trust it 100% nevertheless we have driven it for more than 5000 Km.... If I tell her now we have to change this and that after we had to pay a lot more than we got four our MB.....ups...ups ..ups
  • Options
    No doubt you've seen a lot of new discussions and even new vehicle groups popping up all over the forums. What's happening is that we are closing general, catch-all discussions like this one and creating new discussions that focus on different areas of the vehicle.

Here in the Volvo wagons group, we've created separate groups for each of the models, plus a group for wagons no longer in production. So we have the:

Volvo XC70 Group
    Volvo V70 Group
    Volvo V50 Group
    Older Volvo Wagons Group

I've split posts out of this discussion to start up discussions in the V70 and XC70 groups. If you were posting about XC70 problems here, please go to the new XC70 group and check the list for the appropriate discussion.

Here in the V70 group, you will now find:

New Volvo V70 Owners: Give Us Your Report!
    Volvo V70 Test Drive: What Did You Think?
    Volvo V70 Owners: Share Your Photos!
    Changes You'd Like To See in the Volvo V70
    Volvo V70 Tire/Wheel Questions
    Volvo V70 Transmission Problems
    Volvo V70 Brake Problems
    Volvo V70 Engine issues
    Volvo V70 Interior & Passenger Comfort Questions
    Volvo V70 Electrical/Lighting Issues
    Volvo V70 Safety Concerns

to name a few of the new discussions.

When you are ready to post, please check the discussion list at the main page of the Volvo V70 Group for the appropriate discussion for your comment or question. If you don't see one that fits the bill, please feel free to start up a new discussion.

Thanks for your understanding and help in making this group a great source of information about the V70!
This discussion has been closed.