Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes 380--450--560 SLs

15678911»

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,138
    I know they made these for R129 SLs, I can't imagine there wasn't one for the 107...maybe it could be adapted? I'd contact one of the accessory sellers who advertises in Hemmings or The Star etc and see if they know of one.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I agree with fintail, I'd adapt something that already exists. You may also find that just putting something between the gap in the front bucket seats will help a lot.
  • jonimjonim Member Posts: 5
    I bought my '88 MZB 560 SL in '89 with 20,000 miles on it. It has always had good maintenance. Recently, at 127,000 miles, the odometer quit turning, but spedo still works. Also, the A/C fan has become erratic. Sometimes it will come on, run for a while & then just quit. After turning it on & off repeatedly, sometimes it will work again, sometimes not. I can hear the A/C itself working; just seems to be the fan that stops. Are these issues related? Sound like a fuse problem? Wiring?
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,138
    I am pretty sure those have an old style mechanical odometer, unless the faults happened at exactly the same time, it might just be coincidence - the old dear isn't getting any younger :shades: Does the speedometer work fine?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    yeah I bet the little gears in the odometer are just worn out. As for the AC, well, welcome to old German AC. I suspect that's a problem in the control head for the AC system. You may need to spend some time prowling around the forums at www.benzworld.org to get more technical advice.

Here's where you'd want to be posting: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/
  • jodasajodasa Member Posts: 2
    I had the same issue with the AC fan turning on and off on its own in my 89 560SL. After i turned it on and off a few times it would finally stay on. In my case it was a loose connection behind the control panel. If you have done any work behind the main console in the last while that may be your issue as well.