Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• wheelermanwheelerman Member Posts: 113
    i'm sorry i missed the roled jeep message the first time you through . i see where you got it from now.
  • yellowmanyellowman Member Posts: 209
    Well they got the part but couldn't finish the job today - something about how they had to take the whole dashboard off. I'm supposed to get it back tomorrow before noon. Can't wait!!!

yellowman
  • twylietwylie Member Posts: 619
    Did you get the info on the console removal I sent? I know you said your email was acting flakey. If you didn't get it, let me know which email addy to resend it to.
    -twylie
  • bamatazzbamatazz Member Posts: 311
    yes.. I got It..
    I apprectiate all your help. I think I can actually get this done. Doesnt look to hard.
    Got the CB today. Im gonna install it tomorrow.
    wish me luck.

Keep jeepin
    BAMA
  • yellowmanyellowman Member Posts: 209
    Hey all

FINALLY got my Jeep back just now. Seems fine! The service guy said they did the safety recall on the ignition, but it's not on my invoice. In any case, the main job (heater core replacement) was done completely free of charge.

Now that I'm back tooling around town in my Jeep, I'm going to have it detailed this weekend. I think after 16 months it deserves it :-)

yellowman

p.s. - although it took about a day longer than I expected, I was VERY pleased that the dealer didn't give me ANY hassle about the job being under warranty. So far I'm 1 for 1 with repairs!
  • thebigkahunathebigkahuna Member Posts: 83
    Man Mr. Mayor! When you're away things get pretty quiet. Postings here have been slow and Gill's has been D-E-A-D!!! Just talked to Rob, Deb, and Rick for a little while. I actually got a chance to see what Mr. Goodman looks like. (Could he be John's son?) Rob's having the usual new parent exhaustion and Deb's father is suffering from the flu (hope he get's better soon). I"m sure the place will get lively when you get back...but that's why you're the mayor, after all! Hope you had a good trip!
    Yellowman, glad to see they fixed it without problems! I hope I get the same service if (when) I have a problem!
    As far as Tom's friend is concerned, I think I'd stay away from that Jeep. Other deals can be had and the roll over theory sounds possible.
  • mtngalmtngal Member Posts: 1,911
    Glad to hear you are back on the road and happy again. One of these days I've got to get mine washed, maybe even detailed. It's been dusty for so long now I don't think it would know what to do!
  • kelleyokelleyo Member Posts: 182
    for shock absorbers? I am interested in the Edlebrock performer LAS.

Stoopid question #1: Do I need a different shock (length) than stock with a 3" body lift? I am not sure but since it is a body lift I assume that all of the suspension components have stayed in their original locations with the same geometry and so I probably do not but....?

Stoopid question #2: What is the horizontal shock in the front of the jeep? Should I replace it with a matching shock to the Edlebrocks? Is it a different length than the regular shocks?

Thanks in advance...
  • tsjaytsjay Member Posts: 4,591
    OK, I just got back from that trip up to Illinois, and this is my first chance to post the good news.

Mike bought that dark blue Jeep that I told you guys about. I officially have a new Jeep Buddy!

Mike had talked to the original owner, and she told him that the only damage to the Jeep was just that parking lot incident that dinged a fender and bent the bumper.

Mike found some paperwork in the glove box where that lady bought the Jeep brand new. Mike is just the second owner of it!

He let them go ahead and replace the windshield before he picked up the Jeep, and that cost him an extra $238.

I think that windshield might have actually cracked from stress. I have seen posts in here, I believe, and possibly elsewhere, where people tell of Jeep windshields sometimes just cracking from stress.

As it turns out, the soft top itself is not in real bad shape. It is the upper doors and the side and back windows that are in bad shape.

Mike just took off the door uppers and all the windows and the Jeep looks great! He will just use it like that for a while.

Now, Mike ain't exactly in the habit of posting on bulletin boards or chatting on the net, but I hope I can convince him to get in here with us and become an active member.

Thanks to all of you who rooted for Mike and who offered suggestions.

Tom

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
    TOM..tell mike congrats on buying that jeep.
    Now tell him to get in this room!!
    Give us some post.
    Ohh yea.. welcome back Mayor Tom.
    Well I did it.. I installed my CB. It Works GREAT. Twylie, Thanx for ALL your help. I owe ya!
    I think tomorrow is a doorless/topless day. I can feel it.

Keep Jeepin
    BAMA!!
  • anonymous02anonymous02 Member Posts: 1,538
    Now go out and enjoy your purchase!
  • mtngalmtngal Member Posts: 1,911
    Glad you could clear up the history on it before you bought.

My windshield got a stone chip on my Canadian trip a year and a half ago. It hasn't spread at all, and it is in the middle of the windshield. Until it does (or until something else happens to it) I probably will just leave it the way it is.
    I have the Edelbrock IAS on my Explorer and they are an excellent shock. They dramatically reduced the amount of dive and squat under braking and acceleration. Pricey, but worth it IMHO.

The horizontal shock is a steering stabilizer. It is not necessary to replace it with a matching shock (it is an entirey different size). When you move to much larger tires, it may need replacing, but unless you notice steering issues, you should be OK leaving it alone.

Since you have a body lift, you should be fine with stock height shocks.

We're going wheeling in N GA tomorrow AM if you're interested. Send me an email if you're interested and I'll give you the details. Should be at least half a dozen Jeeps going, from almost stock to built. treywylie AT yahoo DOT COM. We're meeting at the Wal-Mart in East Elijay at 9:30.

HTH
    -twylie
    Well, my Jeepin' Buddies, that trip to Illinois with Thelma topless and doorless and only the safari top on was an adventure. I passed through several showers, but the rain wasn't hard enough to get inside. I think I just missed some harder rains, but it worked out OK.

I went to Badlands in Attica, Indiana, yesterday, which was about a 2.5 hour drive from where I had to go on business.

My great luck in finding a wheelin' buddy after I get to the wheelin' place was true to form, and I had no one to hook up with. They told me in the office to be careful, because a storm had passed through a day or two earlier that dumped five inches of rain on the place. They said I might make a steep climb and then get to the top only to find that the other side had washed out. That was real nice to hear. :(

I couldn't follow the trail, although they say the trails are "well marked." I kept getting off track and ending up having to turn around. I won't be going back there without having another Jeep or two for company and, preferably, someone that knows the place to lead the way.

At least I can go to Turkey Bay again tomorrow. I am hooked up with at least one other Jeep.

Good to get back home and see Ross Allen! He was very happy to see "Grandpa" too.

Tom

we are happy to see grandpa too.
    firdays here time to go to hollister hills. always a good time . has anyone been to www.jeepform.com ? some good info there. lets get those jeeps offroad!
    Thanks for the info. I guess I would swap the steering stabalizer just so they all match...

Would love to join you all but I am tied up tomorrow :(

My Cabin is in blue ridge. Col Pooles barbecue in Ellijay (the one with all the pink pigs on the hill) is pretty good. You should all get lunch there or something...
  • dwranglerdwrangler Member Posts: 127
    However, the only ones in stock are the manuals. :) There aren't many major changes that I could see, just where the "Wrangler" decal was there is a "Sport" logo in it's place in the same type style as the "Wrangler" was. Oh and I think I saw different side mirrors...almost looked like the type of mirrors that are power but I doubt they are. Oh well, but right now I have a couple hundred short of 3K and in my opinion isn't a decent downpayment for my financial situation. I went to a different Jeep dealer...this guy has a auto complex that besides Jeeps, also calls Cadillac and Nissan home...go figure. I'll keep check of their inventory and a couple of others so when it comes time to deal, the dealer I choose can get what I want.

CONGRATULATIONS MIKE!!!! :) I'm really happy for ya! Every time I see that someone else gets a Jeep that just means that when I get mine it will be well worth the wait. :)

Glad to see your back Tomster :)

A very wise person recently got a new Jeep Sahara (Sienna :) ) I noticed this on one of the roads I frequently drive on not to far away from my subdivision. The sales man I talked to at the dealer I went to the other night when I told him that I wanted an automatic replied that he had a Sienna Sahara on the lot "right now" that was an auto (like he didn't get the hint that the Sahara package was definitely out of my price range).

I hope I can make it to Gill's tonight, I'm going to go to my friend's house for dinner but don't know if I'll have time to get online.

You all have a great weekend and stay COOOOOOOL ;)

Hug your Jeeps for me til I get mine ;)

dwrangler
    Took another trip to Turkey Bay today, and man was it ever HOT! Poor old Ross Allen was having a rough time, so I didn't stay as long as I would have liked to.

There was a yellow 2000 Sport that got there about the time that my buddy and I did, and we invited that guy to go with us.

The yellow Jeep had a four inch suspension lift and a three inch body lift. He was running 35" tires with the standard 3.73 gearing.

The first major climb we did, I noticed that he was having an awful time. I could hear his engine revving up and then bogging down. Turns out that his low range wasn't working, and he didn't even know it. All he had ever done was play in mud, and he wasn't in the habit of using low range.

I told him that it sure sounded to me like he didn't even have low ranged engaged, and he said he had the lever all the way up. I told him no way that Jeep was in low range, and I let him drive Thelma Jane in low range. After he got out, he said he could see what I was talking about.

I'll bet that three inch body lift messed up his linkage on the transfer case, and that's why it won't go into four low.

I have read many posts that say anything more than a one inch body lift is not good.

Well, that's my Turkey Bay report for today.

Let's get wild in Gill's tonight!

Tom

Like Tom, we spent the day off-pavement... Nothing like spending 6 hours to go 6 miles.

http://www.ewylie.com/jeep/Richmtn072702_01.htm (bumpy trails = blurry pics - Sorry!)

Mostly others peoples Jeeps, but we ran the same lines and trails as these guys... (except for the one where the burgundy Cherokee is parked on a big rock!) We're basically stock aside from tires and some armor. The black Jeep was setup like ours (31" trXus and TurboCity rock rails). He had run this trail previously and it helped having him right in front of us. We got to see the right and wrong lines by watching him.

We had 11 Jeeps on this ride which really made for a slow day ( 7 Wranglers, 2 Cherokees, 2 Grands). However, everyone on the ride was cool, so the time spent sitting while people were spotted was a lot of fun.

Fixes/Damages: (none for us, fortunately)

- one unseated front coil on a TJ (5 min w/ a HiLift)

- over the course of the day the big burgundy Cherokee removed all 4 of his fender flares while stuffing his tires

- big burgundy Cherokee toasted his alternator by hitting the mud puddles too fast

- burgundy Grand got a 15" long tree kiss on the right rear wheelwell. This guy was nuts (you can guess how fast he must have hit the mud to cover his Jeep in the P 4 pic).

Watching a couple of guys with receiver hitches convinced me I will definitely go the integrated route as opposed to the kind that hangs below the bumper.

The day was a blast. If anyone in the Atlanta area wants to join next time, drop me an email. I think that crowd goes out at least once a month.

-twylie

• desnodesno Member Posts: 28
    hey ya'll! I know I haven't posted in a good while, but I have been keeping up with the posts since I bought my '02 X, patriot blue w/ tan top. Anyways, in one of the other forums someone pointed to an interesting site about car security that I thought some of us might be interested in. www.ravelco.com If anyone else has any experience with that please let the board know.

Also, they talk about the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. By doing a search on the net, I found a few other sites that actually talk about that act with more depth. Basically, it says that a dealer cannot automatically say that your warranty is voided by the installation of aftermarket parts. Here are some of the sites that I read about it:

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/mag_moss.htm

http://www.directsaleslaw.com/library/guides /ftc/warranties/undermag.htm (just remove the space between "guides /ftc" It wouldn't let me post the big link)

Like I said, this is pretty interesting information. If I missed something and got the gist of the act wrong, please let me know. Laters!!

des'

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing.

That looks like a real good place to wheel. Does it get a lot of use? Is it public land?

How far is that from you? Would I get there quicker from here than I would get to Atlanta?

I might be talked into meeting you there sometime. But I still want you to come up and go to Turkey Bay with me sometime.

Tom

those rich mtn. photos looked reel cool . we had a fun time at hollister hills. not a lot of people out on sat . some crap was going on in town. so no one got in the mud pit. we found these young boys with a nice and shiny tj thay said it was there frist time offroad . so i was nice and took them around on the roads then i took them on some harder stuff [no thard for me ]. thay started out good but then thay took the worng line and ended up stuck with there right front side stuck in a three foot dich.so i had to bust out the tow strap. he just bent the bumper and riped off the ruber end thing. the owner of the jeep was'nt mad at us but he said his dad will be mad. we gave him some tips on wheeling and told him to undo the front sway bar and air down .after that we went home.got a cool photo of my jeep at full flex i could site under the front bumper and not hit my head [i'm 6.2] and my jeep is stock! i
    Rich Mtn. is about 10 minutes north of Elijay, GA. The land is Forest Service land and is open to the public at no charge. The trails get a fair bit of use, but is basically a through run; no real opportunity to branch off or explore beyond the marked trail. There was plenty to challenge the larger Jeeps in our group, but at the toughest obstacles, there are bypasses that any stocker can make (we only took one "easy" line yesterday, one or two of the LWB guys took the bypass since the ground was pretty slick in spots. Due to the rocks, short wheelbase has a big advantage. The TJ's were able to navigate all of it with minimal spotting, just scout the line and have a go at it. The longer wheelbase Cherokees and Grands needed much more active spotting to keep their rockers out of the rocks. It is about an hour north of Atlanta (East of I-75) and would be glad to get some guys toghether if you want to come down... I've still got the road trip to KY on thh ToDo list, just don't know exactly when.

My wife was manning the camera during the two toughest obstacles, but she said she wasn't able to get the camera going because she was too busy watching me bounce and crawl.
    -twylie
    Hey, I just created a small album with three pics of the Toad when he came by here to visit on his way back to Texas. These pics are in the photo gallery at Gill's.

Tom

• drummr8778drummr8778 Member Posts: 1
    Came across the Road Armor Stealth hard top for my wrangler. It is by far the most expensive one I have seen. You can check it out @ trailready.com I was wondering if anyone know anything about it and also which would be the best hard top to purchase. On a different note, if anyone has any full doors, or a hard top that matter, for a TJ in good condition and are selling them, i may be interested. Drop me a line about either selling, or info regarsing the Stealth of general hard top advice/info. thanks
    I forgot to mention in my previous post that the Edelbrock are a stiffer shock that the factory shocks on my Explorer. It's not bone jarring, but noticable firmer. Unfortunately it's the tradeoff for a more responsive shock. Again, I recommend them, just something to be aware of...

-twylie
  • larry18larry18 Member Posts: 48
    Just returned from Camp Jeep and it was AWESOME!! The whole family was busy all three days. My only regret was that no one was with me to take pics as I drove the Rubicon. Absolutely amazing to go over those obstacles without touching the gas, brake or clutch! They even let us test the Rubi's skid plates on some of those obstacles! The engineers outdid themselves on the Rubicon. I even found tsjay a wheelin buddy for TB! My family is already making plans for attending Camp Jeep next year. I would heartily recommend Camp Jeep for the whole family.

Larry
    Thanks for the Edlebrock info.

Those pics from Rich Mountain are cool. My Cabin is in Morganton on the other side of Blue Ridge Lake from Rich Mountain. My wife and I have discovered many waterfalls in the area on some pretty nasty forest service roads (one of the reasons I got the TJ to begin with). Out GA 60 is a nice swinging bridge over the Toccoa river as well. None of these roads are very challenging for the Jeep but for my wife's Windstar (hahah). She could not handle the deep water, scraping underside etc. She loves to go to these sights and so she let me get the Jeep to add to our stable :))). I still have my Lincoln LS daily driver as well. I met the perfect woman!!!

BTW The Windstar is the worst piece of &#&(%*^#$ ever built...
    that place where you went on your trail run sounds cool. at hollister hills here in lower nor. cal. it is all hills. all the main trails are fire roads that can be done in any stock suv .it's real dry there not much rocks and as summer gose on the dust gets bad . it's not that hot and theres lots of trees .the unmarked trails are the best and the hardest . it's ran by the state and it's $4.00 to get in or $40.00 for a year pass. it can be fun if you got some friends there .it gets old fast if your out by your self .we try to hook up with others people wheeling but most of the time there rude. well thats the best i can do to tell you guy's about hollister hills.
  • roger350roger350 Member Posts: 157
    Any pricing info on the Rubicon yet?
    www.jeepwarehouse.com now has pricing on their site and is taking orders at invoice. I priced out a Rubi with the same equipment that we got on out '01 Sport and it was about a $3200 difference from what we paid. For the additional beef, it's a bargain at that price.

HTH

-twylie
  • roger350roger350 Member Posts: 157
    Thanks!
  • markwarren66markwarren66 Member Posts: 32
    Hello Everyone-

I've got a few dollars to put towards some minor modifications, and just wanted some feedback.

I've had my TJ Sport for 4 months now, and it has seen very little off-road terrain. I want to get some basic equipment before I really get courageous..

Rocker guards - Tsjay, do you have the Sun Performance guards? I thought I remember you saying that, but am too lazy to reread all of your posts... If so, how was the installation? How have they held up?

I'm also going to get some recovery/safety equipment. High-lift jack, tow straps, cb radio, etc. For the CB, I don't really want to mount one, so I was considering a cordless, battery powered one. Should I reconsider, or is this a viable option?

I have a loooooong list of things to do in the future - lift, tires/rims, bumpers, under-body armor, etc. I really am trying to do everything right the first time, so I'm willing to wait until I have the cash. Any other things that are a "must have" that I'm missing right now?

Twylie-
    How have the entry guards worked for you? I'm looking to pick up a pair of those as well.

Sorry for being so long, and thanks in advance.

Pat
    I think you are doing the smart thing by getting your recovery gear and armor first. It's very tempting to do the sexy stuff first, but until you get out on the trails, it's tough to 1) appreciate how capable a stock Jeep is, and 2) learn what type of mods and setup will make sense for the type of terrain you'll see in your area. Going offroad with experienced Jeepers in your area (find a local club to see if you can ride with them sometime) will be a great advantage because it will help you answer both of the points I mentioned above.

As far as rocker protection goes, we went with the TurboCity bars (http://www.turbocity.com/JeepBumpers.htm) since they offer rocker protection and a step. Ours have held up very well and aside from a few sacrificial scratches on them, look as good as new, despite my efforts to put them to the test. They have saved my rocker panels from certain damage on 2 separate occasions. The Sun guards are probably better for offroading since you don't give up the ground clearance like the TC or Tomken ones. If you want the best of both worlds, you need to look at something like the fourXdoctor/AEV guards (http://www.fourxdoctor.com/) which are roughly the same price as the TC or Sun ones. They are similar to the Sun Performance, but offer a welded on tubular step/nerf. Had these been available when we bought ours, we might have gone that route over the TC ones.

Your recovery gear list looks good, but you might want to throw in a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher if you don't already have them.

As far as other things to get, you might want to consider quick disconnects. You can go a couple of routes on this. We bought the JKS Mfg. discos and they are very well designed and work great (but kind of pricey). If you're willing to do a home-brew mod, you can make some quick disconnects for less than $10 and a little time. If you want to go that route, let me know and I'll dig up some writeups. With your front sway bar discoed, you will get much more articulation out of the front axle, allowing you to better keep the tires in contact with terra firma. This simple change from stock will make your jeep that much more capable on the trails.

The entry guards are nice, since the doorsill of the Jeep is so high relative to the floor (and the ground). They have taken quite a few scratches from stepping up into the Jeep. They don't extend outside the sill, so there is still a chance to scratch up the outer lip of the sill. I think Mopar makes some that fully cover the sill, but I didn't like the look of them sticking out from the bottom of the door. They would definitely be more functional though.

HTH

-twylie
  • tluketluke Member Posts: 52
    I am now in D1status and have an expected ship date of 8-15. All is going well so far. I have been giving some thought to what an appropriate name would be. Today when driving my truck it hit me. I have it! My Inca gold '03 wrangler will be named "Goldzilla". When I got home I told the wife and she looked at me like I was crazy. She said something about acting like a little boy and she just couldn't understand why I would do such a thing. She doesn't understand!
    Congrats on making it to D1. Won't be long now. I think Goldzilla is a great name. If it's not too many characters, how about this on your license plate?

-twylie
  • tjytjy Member Posts: 39
    Hey Drummr8778, email me at drtjyoung@yahoo.com regarding your hardtop situation, I think I can help you. Sorry for the vagueness of this post, I posted a more direct message, but just had that post removed and have been scolded by the edmunds police......
    Sounds like a real good plan you have there. That was my approach too. Get the protection first, before body damage or damage to vital parts underneath occurs.

Yes, I have the Sun Performance rocker guards, and I am totally satisfied with them. I had no need for a side step, so these worked out fine for me. I LOVE the looks of them on my Jeep, and they are built heavy enough that you can use a highlift anywhere along the length of them.

Installation was no problem at all, and if you end up getting some of those puppies, I would be glad to email you and go into more detail.

You can see pics of Thelma Jane with those rocker guards in the photo gallery here or at Gill's.

You didn't mention tow hooks, so I assume you already have them. These are an absolute must! I didn't order them from the factory, but I did get the factory tow hooks later through a dealer. The bumpers are nowhere near strong enough to use to pull the Jeep out of a hole, especailly since Jeeps often have to be jerked out. The tow hooks bolt through the bumper directly into the frame, and this is why they are so important. Don't skimp on them either. You don't necessarily have to go with the factory type, although I think they look the best, but don't get flimsy ones.

As far as the tow strap, don't get the kind with the metal hooks on the ends. You want the kind that just have loops at either end. Those metal hooks can become deadly projectiles if the strap breaks or the hook slips off.

I bought an overhead CB rack from CBrack.com for mounting my radio. That isn't necessary, but it saved having to mount the CB on the dash or the console. I'm glad I did it that way. Didn't have to drill into the dash or the console.

I strongly recommend a steering box skid and a gas tank skid as part of your armor. I have done both, and I'm sure glad I did. That steering box is just sitting there waiting to get smashed into something. Also, the gas tank skid you get from the factory is a joke. You can damage your fuel pump if you hit very hard on the factory skid. I got the Kilby gas tank skid and am very happy with it.

I want to get an oil pan skid as my next mod. I think the Skid Row oil pan skid will be what I get.

I'll be glad to answer any and all specific questions you might have, so either post or email me.

Tom

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    just had that post removed and have been scolded by the edmunds police......

That is offensive but since you chose to make it an issue I have to wonder why you bothered to agree to Edmund's Terms of Use when you signed on to the Town Hall if you had no intention of keeping up your end of the bargain.

Having said that, let's get back on topic and stick to it.

tidester
    Host
    SUVs; Aftermarket & Accessories
  • dillondogdillondog Member Posts: 14
    Did you order a 03 Rubicon or a 03 Regular Wrangler? I am interested in an 03 Regular Wrangler but I thought they were only ordering Rubicons. That is what the last dealer I talked to said.
    Twylie, You definitely gave me something to consider. Good idea. I just ordered some Husky floor liners and a tire cover for the spare. I got one that says Jeep in white letters. What I should have done is get a plain tire cover and had "Goldzilla" put on it in gold color. Well the ideas keep coming. Who knows where I'll end up.
    dillondog, I ordered the Sport with the following stuff;

4 speed auto
    air
    Trac-lok
    30" tire group
    4 wheel disc brakes
    dual tops
    mirror auto dim with lamps/compass/temp
    Sentry key
    side steps
    smokers group (even though I'm not)
    7 speakers with subwoofer
    deep tint windows
    and most importantly - "Inca Gold"

I placed the order on 6-24 and as you saw it should be shipped on 8-15. My dealer has given me a sheet with all the prices on my order. Both invoice and retail. The 4 wheel disc brakes are a bargain at 150.00 retail. When I placed the order he did not have the prices but he did get them at a later time and called me. The base for the Wrangler Sport is 20,495 (retail). There is no reason that your dealer can't take your order. Good luck.
  • mcrrtmcrrt Member Posts: 93
    Howdy all! After much contemplation, I'm 90% sure that I'll go ahead and order a Wrangler new, so I can get it exactly as I want. An item of confusion-I noticed on a website that sells Jeeps at "warehouse" prices that they list the base engine for '03's as the 2.5L (albeit they show the availability of the 4sp auto coming in Jan.). I thought the new base engine was going to be a 2.4L from the Liberty. Did something change? I also have a question about tops-I think I'll get the "X" model, but I want both soft and hard tops, which you can't order until you move up to the Sport (out of my reach). So....do I take the factory soft top and get an aftermarket hard top later, or order the factory hard top (which is what I'm thinking of), and add an aftermarket soft top later? I like the fact that you can get aftermarket hardtops with a removable "targa" section for the occasional warm fall day, but I assume I could maybe install a sunroof in the factory hardtop, and I haven't found any aftermarket hardtops with a rear defog and wiper like the factory, which I would like. If I later add a soft top, any suggestions for brand and model? I'd like something comparable to the factory 4-ply top. Also, what do I do about getting soft top hardware, like bows and such? Sure wish I could make the stretch to a Sport so I could order the subwoofer, dual tops, and the 4 wheel discs...(sigh)

Thanks!
    Mcrrt
    your dealer is wrong.
    They are offering the entire line of wranglers for 2003 ( SE, X, sport, Sahara, & Rubicon)
    Check out Jeep.com for more info.
    TOM you becoming Tom offroad. You & RA will have your own offroad magazine soon

KEEP JEEPIN
    BAMA
    the great hard top soft top debate.
    I myslef got daul tops. But if you are planning on adding one or the other later, And if PRICE was the main factor go with hard top now then soft top later. I really dont think you can install a sunroof in a fatory hardtop. Simply because soft top is cheaper than the hard top. BESTOP probably the best band in soft-tops. BUT.. (knew there had to be one) Make sure u have HELP taking that hard top off. Or get a hoist. If I had to choose, between both tops I would go for the soft top.
    Just because its easier to take down. Since going topless is the main reason for getting the jeep. IM sure..Others have their opinion too.

KEEP JEEPIN
    BAMA
    I would strongly suggest that you get the factory hard top and get an after market soft top later, if you can't afford the Sport and the dual top option. You'll never get a better deal on a factory hard top than you can get by buying a Jeep that has the hard top. Those babies are VERY expensive to buy later!

You can get the same soft top as you would get from the factory by getting a Bestop sailcloth soft top. Bestop makes the soft tops that come on Jeeps from the factory.

Tom

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    TOM you becoming Tom offroad.

I fully expect the day is not too far off when Tom et al. will go wireless and provide us with live coverage of their adventures! Jeep-Cam, anyone? :-)

tidester
    Host
    SUVs; Aftermarket & Accessories