Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac CTS/CTS-V

Comments

• herc76herc76 Member Posts: 52
    I am trying to pick a nice color to buy for the cts. Whick color do you think the cts looks good as.. Siliver, blue, black, or white?
    Disregard the last post.
    We have a pre-approved loan for $30,000. I was thinking about just selling the 02 TL to carmax, so you think it's better to just trade it in to the dealership? The car is going to be for the wife. I have my own vehicle I'm just want to weigh my options.
  • teach76teach76 Member Posts: 9
    This is our experience... We have dealt with the same dealer for nearly 30 years. They've sold us cars, serviced the cars, they know the cars, they are reputable, and , when it comes time to trade, they have always given us a great trade-up price. My car is the CTS, too; My husband drives a truck, and dislikes my CTS ( doesn't appreciate the edgy look ). Again, this is a decision you'll need to make, but I'd sure look for the best deal and the most reputable service in your area. And color? Black is by far the best color to showcase the CTS. :D
  • lash92sseilash92ssei Member Posts: 35
    Here is just one example of CTS deals on E-Bay. Another option is check dealers for a "Certified" used CTS. It comes with a 6yr/100K Bumper to Bumper. Either way you'll get whats left on the manufacturer or extended warranty. Also always go with the lowest time you can afford on any loan.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-CTS-2005-cadillac-cts-black-05_W0QQitemZ- 4626715002QQcategoryZ43903QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  • paradigm468paradigm468 Member Posts: 7
    Did you have this replaced with an after market system?
    Results?
    In the Speed GT class the CTS V is leading in the points to date. Next race is scheduled at Long Beach CA, Sunday the 9th of April. The race can be seen on Speed Channel Sunday the 16th at 2:00 p.m. EST.

Cadillac

Porsche

Dodge

Chevrolet

Here are the Cadillac team drivers. Pilgrim is second in Driver's Points.

Andy Pilgrim
    Boca Raton, FL
    Team Cadillac
    Cadillac CTS-V
    6.0L V8
    XM/Mobil 1/Motorola/On Star

Ron Fellows
    Missisauga, ON
    Team Cadillac
    Cadillac CTS-V
    6.0L V8
    XM/Mobil 1/Motorola/On Star
    Yes I did, a passive system.
    Do not have a way yet to disable the code on a 94
    Thank you.
    The ride is a stiffer, but handles better and is acceptable.
    I can let you know what the name and telephone number is of the mechanic in Dallas if you need. Appears to be a lot on how to switch but no joy on the issue of disabling the message.
  • xpyxpyxpyxpy Member Posts: 1
    Other than a junk yard anyone know where the best place (lowest price) to get a rear spoiler to fit a Cadillac Eldorado "1994". Don't care if it has a light or not. Would prefer in White Diamond Pearl Tri-coat color(93/WA8933) but doesn't matter.
  • hciihcii Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have the short directions on changing a marker lamp? The one I need to change is the small triangular one at the bottom of the headlamp assembly. I have the HID headlamp option with the washers.

What and how is the method to change one of these, and what is the bulb number? (The manual does not list it)

Henry
  • riskybusinessriskybusiness Member Posts: 58
    Henry,

It is a difficult replacement that I wouldn't recommend you try yourself. The whole front bumper fascia assembly has to come off to remove the headlamp assembly to gain access to this bulb. Are you still under warranty? I had one go on my 2003 CTS out of warranty and I think it was 1.5 shop hours. The bulb is a standard GM clear bulb, I believe.

Good luck.
  • rstephrsteph Member Posts: 109
    Traded in our 2003 CTS yesterday for a new 2006 Model. We were initially interested in the V6 STS and drove one and weren't terribly impressed with it over the CTS and the price difference. So, got a 2006 CTS with luxury pkg and 18" wheel sport package, moon roof, etc. Is a bummer that I gave up my '03 0% interest for the current 4.9% on 60 months, but I did it willingly. My payment went up a whole $71. Anyway, dealer quote me a price of $650 for the "V" style upper mesh grill, installed. I have found I can get the same grill including the lower insert for a couple hundred less at least. I'm curious if anyone has installed one of these on their CTS themselves and how easy a/o problem free the install was? Thanks.
  • exalteddragon1exalteddragon1 Member Posts: 729
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=110105#8

The Good
    It looks like leather in the doors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    More powerful V6
    Still pretty sharp

The Bad
    It looks like thick rear pillers for this car,
    so rear visability might be a problem
    There is going to be LESS rear seat space?!

The Ugly
    We still have to wait. :P
  • jpennjpenn Member Posts: 68
    I realize there is no way of knowing from the spy shots, but does anyone have an idea of whether the 2008 CTS will be offered in AWD. As stated in a previous post, my local Caddy dealer said they were having difficulty engineering an AWD unit for the RWD platform. Someone must know at this point.
  • richw5richw5 Member Posts: 152
    Let me see ...... The SRX, built on the RWD "sigma" platform, can be ordered with AWD. The STS, which is built on the RWD "sigma" platform, can be ordered with AWD.

Since the CTS was the original RWD "sigma" based vehicle, I believe the next gen CTS could be AWD.

Your dealer was blowing smoke. If there was a problem, it was cost or production related, not RWD.
  • evokevok Member Posts: 14
    Last time I checked it will have awd. There is a reason why the NG CTS will be 2 inces wider. Those wheel flares are hiding something!
    EVOK, you sly dog, once again you've come up with the right answer at the right time. I'm back on the CTS bandwagon. Of course, I realize that I have no way of knowing whether you have any real inside knowledge this subject or not. But if you do, thanks.

P.S. Based on your previous posts which have all been quite accurate, I'll assume you have a good source of information.
    The CTS should/will share the same track width as the STS for the shared drivetrain and awd system. Those wheel bulges accomodate for that.
    Watching Car Crazy last night and they mentioned that Bondurant driving school now is using CTS vehicles. Believe this is the first time I can recall hearing that Cadillac was used in driving schools. Says something about how well the CTS is!!!
  • bill86bill86 Member Posts: 7
    Re cts, I have a 2006 w/sport/luxury pkg, 3.6 and all options except auto trans. I bought it for the handling, ride, appearance, and because I had good service from my 1993 seville sts (now has 200,000 mi and runs nearly as new). I have enjoyed the cts and am surprised by excellent mileage, only once below 22, and over 26 on a trip. Quality seems excellent.
    Things I don't like:
    Since I ordered navigation, the rearview mirror compass is deleted- why? This compass is very useful and is always on, when provided. My daughter's Toyota had both nav and the compass.
    The sunroof does not automatically retract when you shut the motor off, and gives no warning that it is open. This seems stupid, and I'm sure any customer who forgot to close it and got drenched seats will remember this when shopping for the next car.
    However- now the main concern. At 5000 mi the car developed a surge or bucking when accelerating fairly hard in 1st or 2nd gears. This is like when pulling out into traffic. The dealer found no computer codes so pronounced it not a problem. Now I'm working with Cadillac to see if it can be remedied, or alternately lemon-lawed. I really like the car and hope it can be fixed. It is a great driver.
  • lesstl1lesstl1 Member Posts: 21
    In regard to deletion of rearview mirror compass when Navigation is ordered, it has to be a Cadillac decision, not a GM. I just got my 06 Corvette and it has both the mirror compass AND Navigation. By the way, the 6 speed auto Corvette is fantastic! Awesome power and still great mileage if so desired. On the way back from pickup at the National Corvette Museum, I averaged 60-70 mph for initial break in and obtained an average 31 mpg for the trip. I am still learning how to operate the Nav system, especially the voice commands.

PS, my daily driver is a 03 CTS and I love it also. However it is now feeling neglected on the weekends.
  • slopoke1slopoke1 Member Posts: 5
    I just received new insurance bills from State Farm for our vehicles. Lexus SUV and Oldsmobile Van Liability Coverage (100, 300, 50) coverage cost went down by 3%. 2003 CTS liability rate went up 11%. Has anyone else had similar experience?
    better when Caddilac was considerred an 'old mans car'
  • raleighraleigh Member Posts: 98
    Hello Bill86 - Your car is equipped just the way I am considering ordering one -- manual transmission with sport package.

However, do you, or does anyone else, know what changes, if any, were made to the sport package for '06? I have not been able to pinpoint them, but read last year that the changes were going to be significant. Is that true?

Many thanks.
    OK, now I'm really in quandry, I had convinced myself that driving a 4 dr sedan wouldn't be like driving my old man's car especially if it looked like the 08 CTS. Then I read the Autoweek spy article about a new 09 CTS Coupe which is being strongly considered by Caddy. I instantly started to salivate.

So now come the slew of new questions; when will it be available, what will the power train be like and ... will it be available with AWD?

Evok, I'm depending on you.
  • fjk57702fjk57702 Member Posts: 539
    Yes the euro cars (BMW and Mercedes) have had continuously varable valves for a while (but generally only on one set-intake or exhaust), but asian cars usually have a high speed or low speed setting and not continuous variation.

The current euro CTS engine is cast iron!
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I was looking at the inventory at a Memphis, Tennessee dealer and almost all of his CTS' had the 2.8 engine. We have the 3.6 which will haul butt. Has anyone driven cars with both engines. I wondered if the 2.8 had any pep to it and if it was even in the ballgame with the 3.6.
  • montehoolumontehoolu Member Posts: 5
    We have an '05 CTS with the navigation system & XM. Recently, XM will sometimes not even appear as an option when you are going through the "bands" of AM/FM etc. It's not saying "no signal" or any other message. It's almost like XM got deleted. The dealer gave us a blank look when we asked about it & said maybe it was the antenna. I've looked on the internet but not found anything. Has anyone heard of this problem?
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    Maybe the car came with X months of the XM prepaid, and the time ran out. What kind of a deal do you have with XM? Monthly or what? If you don't pay for it, once the introductory period is over, it's gone.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    You might be waiting a little longer for the coupe than the awd CTS.
  • pearlpearl Member Posts: 336
    that Cadillac needs to get the 08 CTS out into the market place asap. If they can release it Jan 1, 07 as a 2008 they ought to do it. Unless there are serious production issues, holding it until fall 07 is crazy. This car will probably sell fairly well, but the warmed over 07 CTS most likely won't. GM only has so long to keep stringing things out before the balloon truly bursts. Get the new CTS out asap!
  • bingomanbingoman Member Posts: 373
    It is more important that Cadillac get the '08 CTS right than that they get it out fast. Cadillac cannot afford to have a new car out on the road with the owners bitching about small defects. They need to be recognized as top of the class all the way. I expect to buy one to replace my '03 CTS, and I can wait.

Speaking of the '08 CTS, I have a wish list for new features, some of which should have been on the '03. I want a backup hazard warning system, or better, a rear view camera for my navigation screen. I want a full feature tire monitor system like the one I had to install myself aftermarket. I want a lock for the fold down rear seat and the gas filler door with a valet key. I would also like a power tilt and telescope steering wheel or adjustable pedals, linked to the memory seat system.
    Bingoman, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Our 03 CTS is almost at 50K miles (thanks to my wife's new job)and I hope to replace it with the next gen CTS.

She is currently getting 24mpg in mostly expressway driving, in rush hour, which is not so rushed most of the time.

My only request is to have AWD as an option, for those of us in snow country. Still, my wife did get home (after a three hour drive) in our biggest snow this past winter. Lots of other RWD vehicles in my neighborhood didn't make it home.
    Rich - when I had my CTS, I had zero problems in the snow. The car on the highway even in the worst of slush was stable and communicative. The car would let me know if I was driving too fast for the conditions and to back off on the speed.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    The CTS/CTS-V has been given its own group. Go to the Cadillac CTS/CTS-V page and click on "track this group". It will be added to your CarSpace page and your tracked discussions.
  • brianzukobrianzuko Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know the code to enter into your car so that you can watch a DVD while you drive. My Wife would like to watch a movie while i drive her into work.
  • bingomanbingoman Member Posts: 373
    I would be very surprised if the system allowed the display of a DVD while the vehicle was moving. It wont even allow the entry of an address in the nav system while the vehicle is in motion. I also suspect that you could be given a ticket for having the DVD play while the vehicle is in motion. Navigation is distracting enough without the distraction of trying to follow a story line on the screen. :(
    Evok, sorry to sound off about AWD, but my wife did make it back home in the CTS during the snow storm, while many neighbors didn't. So that's a good point. I do remember her getting stuck coming up the hill to our house the year before. Even I couldn't get the CTS up the hill until we got three pushers behind the car while my wife drove.

During the same snowstorm, my step-son and his new wife were living in our basement (temporarily) while their house was being built and she had to drive their Mustang GT home that night. She got about 2 miles from the house and couldn't go any further. I took her the Trailblazer and drove the Mustang the rest of the way back to our house. I was driving sideways most of the time and could smell the tires and transmission by the time I made it to our driveway. Mustang's are not fun in the snow!

In 48 years of driving, the CTS has been one of the best cars I've owned, besides, if it keeps my wife safe in her daily drive, it's a great car.
    well, Cadillac has had years to "get it right" and we have what we have. While they work towards "perfection" they'll go out of business. Current CTS models are sitting on dealer lots in droves. I repeat, Caddy needs to get the 08 CTS out on the road as soon as they possibly can. Fall 07 is too late. When have imperfections kept them from launching cars in the past? Their competition is killing them and they need something asap that will help the bottom line. From all accounts, the 08 is not so mechanically new that there should be lots of things to go wrong that haven't already gone wrong and have been fixed.
    Over the years I had mine, I was impressed with the CTS in the snow. That is why I just replaced it with and SRX rwd. For me I could not justify the awd benefits a couple times a year when it does snow and all the electronic goodies will make up for most of the rwd only short comings.

IMO - offering awd on the NG CTS should be good for margins on the car for GM and give the public a choice but for me atleast, I would rather have the better MPG and overall responsiveness of rwd only.
    Really the 320 CTS has not even been on the market 5 full years yet. I do expect sales to drop somewhat, but GM has to balance a 70 vehicle portfolio. Sales drop for the CTS was factored into the big picture. A 14 month wait for the NG CTS is really not that long. By the time the vehicle is released, the previous model will still be less than 6 full years old.
    As usual, you're right. In the four years I've owned it, the CTS has only been stuck in the snow once.

I guess, with about 20 to 26 more years of driving left, I want to have all the toys on each and every vehicle I buy. AWD would be one of the toys.

Two of my wife's co-workers (including her boss) bought CTS's after riding in ours and one of our neighbors bought a CTS and an SRX after seeing our CTS. Maybe we can generate new sales for Cadillac if we get a "next Gen" CTS.
  • khmerkenboykhmerkenboy Member Posts: 14

It's pretty nice compared to the current CTS.
    I don't like the steering wheel at all. It was one of my favorite features of the old CTS. Its a near deal breaker, I just hate the fat center and the droppy third spoke. YEK! This is so MB S-Class its not even funny.

The rest of the interrior looks really good, it looks like the materials are top notch from here. The steering wheel is smaller (a good thing) and hopefully it will have wood trim available on it. Is that leather on top of the gauges? Wow this is gonna be cool!

Hey, do you have any more pics, please post all you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!
    I was also looking for some obvious indication that the steering wheel would be a tilt/telescoping type - not obvious from this picture. I certainly hope Cadillac addresses this issue, since EVERY one of their competitors has it. It was the single biggest turn off for me when I went to drive a CTS. When I got the seat in the right position, I could not adjust the steering wheel to the proper position. Caddy engineers need to hit the bean counters over the head on this one.
    that design where the third spoke on the wheel looks like it hiding and coming out to greet you. It makes the steering wheel look like its missing its "jaw" if you know what i mean.

Why couldn't they have kept it plush like it was in the previous generation, only make it a bit smaller. I mean, it is clearly not as bad as the wheel in the malibu and 2005 G6 and corvette of the same year, but still...

I know, you can't please everyone. Meybe I will like it more when i see it in person. :confuse:
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    The employee discount for EVERYONE goes in effect Saturday. F/GM said they would NOT match this offer. My local Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick dealer has so many vehicles on its lot that he's looking to rent some space next door. And you think he's not going to complain to GM about not matching Chrysler?
    dealer, but it seems GM is doing well with its sales as of late. (knock on wood) so we will see what happens to this chevy dealer. GM is offering 0% financing though. Its a very good deal that GM is holding the line on prices.

The best way to match crysler is not to lower your prices, but to get your dealers to charge the right prices, and eliminate haggling. Like in the Saturn dealerships. One of the great things about employee pricing was that the customer knew the price and there was little room to fight with the dealer.

Why can't GM get this?
    http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10412&pid=168218&st=0&#- - entry168218

It is 90%. The final product is not as slab sided and more masculine.