Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac CTS/CTS-V

1123124125126127129»

Comments

• TX_SleeperTX_Sleeper Member Posts: 4
    Have you considered having your spark plugs checked/replaced. They could be fouled up and not giving a full spark. Or, the ignition coils that power them could be bad... have them checked out.
  • jazzmon1951jazzmon1951 Member Posts: 9
    Under #2-I have recently noticed signs of leakage on both sides of the headliner on the support column for the roof, between the front and rear doors. It's been inter-mittant. I am wondering if you have any idea the source for these leaks?
  • khoeykhoey Member Posts: 35
    I have an 09 CTS V and I'm starting to think about whether I want to put winter wheels and snows on it. I don't drive it much anyway, and I won't be putting it up.

Anybody have any suggestions?
  • barry626barry626 Member Posts: 78
    I also have a CTS-V & in NY.
    I just bought 4 wheels @ $199 ea.
    Plus 4 snows "Blizak" @ $150.00 ea.
    Plus 4 tire sensors @ $36 ea.
    Tirerack "rules".
    $1600 is small price to pay for safety!
  • rob35ctsrob35cts Member Posts: 53
    I had the same problem on a 5 hour trip. I have no idea what happend but it did it 5 times. The only thing I know is the tires on my 03 45k miles were only abouit 2lbs under pressure- about 28 to 28.5. Only did on that trip.
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Hey All. Just picked up a V in June. Lovin it so far! Can't wait to upgrade my 05 for an 09!

-mike
    Hey barry, when you got the snows did you duplicate the size difference from front to back?
    Hey Barry, my dealer tells me they have checked all aroung and there is no manufacturer makes snows in the two different size config that the V uses.

Did you get one size for all 4 tires?
  • sevenfeet0sevenfeet0 Member Posts: 486
    The main forum has been quiet for a while so I thought I'd use it to comment on the CTS-V Coupe I saw at my dealer yesterday. Cadillac drop shipped a single copy onto it's best dealers nearly two weeks ago. My dealer is having a catered event for it on Thursday but it's been in a showroom for people to see for a few days.

First, I've never seen a CTS Couple in the flesh, much less the V version. So let's start with the styling. The lowered prow of the coupe almost makes the regular CTS nose look a little frumpy (and most everyone likes that nose). The windshield rake is almost Corvette-ish. The missing doorhandles are something I'd love to see on other cars. One thing I hadn't thought about with the new doorhandles is that the interior has to have a switch button instead of door handles as well. There is a lever on the floor that can open the door if the switch fails for any reason.

Some have described the rear end of the car as too large a butt...sort of like a Sir-Mix-A-Lot car. Now that I've seen in it person, I disagree. Part of that opinion I think is the wider track of the car, but overall I think the rear end works. The rear deck could have easily been built as a hatchback but that doesn't seem to be a type of car you'd build in this class. The trunk is deeper than I imagined but its still a tight fit to get anything in there. One thing I hadn't noticed before is that the rear seats can fold down for longer cargo, and the passthrough hole is of decent size. You won't get the utility of the wagon, but it's better than nothing.

The interior of the car is much like previous CTS-Vs already shipping. It would have been nice to see the SRX's instrument cluster but supposedly that was axed for budget concerns. On this car, it was equipped with the midnight Sapele wood, which I wholeheartedly recommend if you ever order this car. One of the complaints of the CTS-V interior was that the piano black details were too shiny and the faux carbon fiber trim looked too cheap. The wood trim replaces the faux carbon fiber accents and it goes a long way to dressing up the interior. At only $600, it's a good investment. The wood trim has been a CTS-V option for a little while, but this is the first time I've seen it.

But the deal killer for me on this car is something specific to me which I doubt many other buyers would run into. The roof is chopped two inches to get the daring profile, but the downside is that you lose two inches of headroom. The designers got back half an inch by lowering the seat (Recaros) but with someone of my height (6'11"), it's not enough. My head poked into the sunroof cutout and without the sunroof, I'd be banging the headliner (and I certainly can't close the sunshade). This is ironic since the car shares the amazing legroom of all of the other CTS's. But at my height, I can't expect to fit in most things. This is the closest thing to a 2-door sports car I could buy, but alas, the headroom is made for shorter people. :)

The sunroof is a bit disappointing since it only tilts open and doesn't actually open backwards. The reason for this comes back to the shortened chopped roof. The roof panel could slide out to the exterior of the car like in some other vehicles, but that is blocked by the Onstar shark antenna. Hopefully GM will revisit this and find a new home for the antenna that can give them a more practical sunroof design. The XLR and Corvette managed to hide the Onstar antenna (I believe in the rear view mirror).

Otherwise this is a sharp vehicle that will be mistaken for no other on the road. I'm glad GM had the guts (and budget) to get it built.
  • cadillacman06cadillacman06 Member Posts: 1
    I HAD THE SAME PROMBLEM ITS CALLED THE IGINTION SWITCH CRANK I GOT IT REPLACE BY MY LOCAL CADILLAC DEALER HAVENT HAD A PROMBLEM SINCE.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    The message you're yelling about is over three years old, and this board is deader than Elvis, but glad to hear your car is running well, or at least that your ignition switch issue has been solved.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • navaro927navaro927 Member Posts: 1
    Hello friends, I have a 92 Lexus, and been looking to buy a cadillac cts. I came across a 2004 CTS with 114k miles on it for $9k, I would like to know if there are any owners who could tell me if this is a good deal? and a car with that many miles, how much life does the car have? thank you in advance..
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    edited April 2012
    If you haven't already, look at the top of this page for "What is this discussion about" and click on the "Cadillac CTS" link. There are several topics related to the CTS that you might find useful, but the one not to miss is "CTS Engine Problems."

Lots of people really love their CTSs, but a significant number are having "issues related to sudden excessive oil consumption and resulting engine failure.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I have had an '05 and an '09 CTS. I have enjoyed both of them. I drove the '05 50,000 and I have driven the '09 30,000. Don't buy it. It is not a car that you want to drive with that many miles. Your Lexus is one thing, but the Cadillac is a different one. You are headed for engine problems and who knows what else.
  • yankman04yankman04 Member Posts: 14
    I just purchased a 2012 Cadillac CTS without Navigation. I'm fairly good with new technology, but can't seem to find anyway to download my HTC Droid Smartphone's phonebook to the cars bluetooth. I manually entered 30 telephone numbers, but that doesen't satisfy me. My Volvo (which is behind in technology compared to the Caddy) instantly downloaded the phonebook. Any suggestions?
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    edited July 2012
    on the CTS, how did you manually enter, via a keypad or via voice-command ?
    and how is it done on the Volvo. Just via keypad somehow, without any audio capability of speaking the numbers, right?

A reason I ask is:
    (it's no caddy, but on my 2011 chevy cruze no-nav, I enter them via voice-command - there's no way for the car to know how my voice speaks the numbers without me programming the name for each one audibly.)

sincerely,

CTS-V track-test-driver
  • yankman04yankman04 Member Posts: 14
    I used voice command on CTS - there is no keypad. On the Volvo the phone book is instantly downloaded and I can use the keypad from the radio to retrieve any number.
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    thanks.. sounds identical to the base/no-nav setup on my 2011 cruze. i too would like the feature you mentioned that your volvo has. i've actually kept the onstar subscription since it provides the turn-by-turn nav without the nav option. evidently all new GM cars have the turn-by-turn nav software, whether or not you order the nav option.
  • mnlg12mnlg12 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a new 2012 CTS V and love it , however, seems to have electrical issues. The dashboard shut off and car would not start for 10 min. Took to dealer and NPF and has not happened again. However, the drive seat is stuck all the way back and will not move. This was intermittent from day 1 and now stuck for a month. Will take to dealer tomorrow.

I was wondering if anyone else w/a newer CTS V has had similar issues?
    MNLG12
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    We hope that everything is going smoothly for you at the dealership today, mnlg12. Keep us updated!

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • sewellmgrsewellmgr Member Posts: 17
    Good Luck!

I have been around a lot of V's in my time and I have not seen anything quite like you are describing. Hopefully your Cadillac dealership can diagnose and fix the problem (I am assuming it is still under warranty being a 2012). Keep us updated.