Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo V70 MPG-Real World Numbers

crissmancrissman Member Posts: 145
edited April 2014 in Volvo
Wife's '05 V70 non-turbo automatic gets 23-24 in the daily drive. On a recent trip it got 32 mpg during a pure highway stretch.

Comments

• kamala95kamala95 Member Posts: 14
    Our numbers are almost identical to yours ('05 2.4 V70).
    :)
    No complaints whatsoever.
  • jim314jim314 Member Posts: 491
    My wife usually gets 23-24 mpg around town, and on a 1700 mi trip mostly on flat I-49 and I-35 we got 30 to 32 mpg with a/c on at 70-75 mph. On some shorter highway trips with heavier traffic and more agressive driving we get 28 or so. We both drive to optimize fuel economy and safety. But last tank around town got only 18 mpg. This may have been a tank with a lot of extremely short trips.

The EPA est for the 2004 2.4L non-turbo was 22/30 city/highway, but the highway est was only 28 or 29 mpg for the 2005 and 2006 V70.

The 2004 V70 base tire was 195/65-15 Michelin MXV4 Plus which have a max infl pressure of 51 psi, and this may be an especially low rolling resistance model and size. We run them at 38 psi which is the max recommended on the tire sticker. The newer year V70s have a lower profile and wider tire as the base tire and these may have higher rolling resistance. Presumably the lower profile wider tires would have better maneuverability, but most people buy them for their appearance.
  • 2006v702006v70 Member Posts: 5
    Getting 22MPG average with my 2006 V70 2.5 Turbo in combined city/highway driving and about 29MPG on long trips with mostly highway cruising.
  • graffitograffito Member Posts: 6
    19.5 mpg around town, 20-23, highway, depending on distance.
  • pete51pete51 Member Posts: 20
    Full load vacation trip highway 30mpg driving 75-80 miles per hour. Same trip highway and city mix 24mpg. Local city 19 mpg lots of traffic light stops.
  • wileylwileyl Member Posts: 2
    I was thinking about buying one second hand, but a friend who has the exact same model and year told me she is only getting 15MPG in-city and 19MPG on the highway. Is her volvo's performance typical or way below average? thanks
    Result below of 770 mile camping trip with 2004 V70 non-turbo with Thule Altantis 1800 roof box. Tires (195/65-15) inflated to 36 to 38 psi. I was very satisfied with the results.

1st fillup: 25.0 mpg (mix of 240 mi city and only 59 mi highway with roof box)
    2nd fillup: 27.0 mpg (highway up to 65 or 70 mph with some short trips, 318 mi/11.797 gal)
    3rd fillup: 31.8 mpg (highway, a lot of backroads, much at 60 mph, 393 mi/12.353 gal)

Ave of 2nd and 3rd: 29.4 mpg (711 mi/24.15 gal).

The difference between the results for 2nd and 3rd fillups may be due to a difference in driving conditions, or may be partly random variation.

Prior to this Thanksgiving camping trip I bought a car top box to carry gear for 4 days and 3 nights, for two adults and 3 dogs. I would have bought a light sport trailer (either Thule or Let's Go Aero), but couldn't get one locally in time. With the roof box some light, soft gear was carried in the the right rear beside one of the dogs. Both parts of the rear seat back were down and all 3 dogs were secured with serious cainine auto restraint harnesses.

I selected the aerodynamic Thule Atlantis 1800 (18 cu ft, $510 from REI, + 8.25% sales tax, less dividend) because it was a good fit on the the V70. I could position it far enough back so that the front of the box was still well back of the top of the windshield, but there was no interference when opening the rear hatch. This reportedly lowers wind resistance. Getting back into agressive Dallas freeway traffic I got a little bit of a lead foot and even up to 80 mph there was absolutely no wind noise from the roof box.

The 21 cu ft Thule Atlantis was not in stock or I might have gotten that. However it is 8 or 9 inches longer and might project far enough forward to have significantly higher wind resistance because it would make more of a air scoup with the car top.
  • kburton66kburton66 Member Posts: 1
    My first road trip (375 miles one way) in my newly acquired 2002 V70 w/53k was 23 mpg down 24 mpg back. I was a little disappointed.
    That is a little lower than one would like. Is this the naturally aspirated or the turbo-charged one? I assume this is the FWD V70 and not all AWD V70 or V70 XC right?
  • santanareigelsantanareigel Member Posts: 1
    I have a volvo 2005 s60 2.5T with the geartronic. Reason I am here is because we are thinking about a V70. Gas mileage is an issue but I would like to relate what happened to us. Bought the s60 new. my wife drove it to work regularly until about 22,000 mile. The car came with free oil changes from the dealer . The last oil change the mileage display had been indicating 19.4 avg (i reset it every sunday going to church ). The free oil was added in the morning i switched to AMSOIL ASL (5W30). My wife calls me from work the next morning and tells me the computer is showing 23.5 now. The avg now is 22.8. On a road trip with this oil the avg went up to 28.5 (75-80 mph) it was 24.5 on the previous trip to the same location on the same road

so my question would be is anyone using synthetic oil or just anything the dealer throw in ?
    I have used Mobil1 10W-30 in my wife's 2004 V70 (base model, 168-hp, 2.4L, non-turbo, 5-spd auto) since its first change which I got done at 4000 mi and 7.5 months. I now use Mobile1 XP(extended performance, "guaranteed" for 15 kmi or 1 yr) at about $7/qt because I only get it changed about once a year. We only put on about 8K mi/yr.

I'm not claiming this "cost-effective" in the long run, but a V70 is to me a fine car and I'm willing to spend an extra $40/yr to protect the engine and maybe to get higher fuel economy. We get about the EPA for this model year, 22 mpg city/30 mpg hwy.

I supply the dealer with 6-quarts of 10W-30 Mobile1 XP and they supply the filter and O-ring and change the oil at no charge. The service advisor seemed to think that this would be cheaper for me than what they would charge for Mobile1.
  • twobigdogztwobigdogz Member Posts: 14
    Our '05 2.4 V70 is also in that range, 23-24 around town and over 30 on the highway.
  • mduvernoismduvernois Member Posts: 1
    It gets 20-22mpg pretty much regardless of driving conditions. On the high end of that cruising eastern US highways (70-75mph) and on the lower end in mixed driving in Minneapolis or on western US highways (80-95mph). Not quite as good as I'd like, another gear or two and a standard tranny would have helped.
    Roundtrip Dallas to New Orleans May 18-21, 2007: Over 4 days I drove 1220 miles in my 2004 Volvo V70 2.4L normally aspirated 168 hp 5-cyl 5A trans, consuming 36.5 galUS of gasoline, for an average of 33.4 mpgUS (7.03L/100km and 40.1 mpgUK). The US EPA mpg estimates on the 2004 168 hp NA V70 are 22/30 mpgUS city/hwy (10.7/7.83 L/100km, 26.4/36.0 mpgUK). The tires are the base 195/65-15 Michelins (max infl press 51 psi) inflated to 37 psi. Load driver only and light cargo load.

Right now when I fuel up I am mixing approx equal parts of 93 octane and 89 octane (or I use approx 2 plus 1 of 93 and 87) to get 91 octane. The manual says that 87 octane is the minumum which the engine can use, but 91 or greater is recommended for optimum operation. I want to get the absolute best mpg and don't want to hole a piston if the knock sensor would fail. The Volvo normally aspirated 2.4L 5-cyl has a compression ratio of 10.3:1.

Here's how the legs worked out:

Dallas to Ville Platte LA, nearly all IH20 and IH49 with speed control set at 67 mph: 366.5 mi/10.644gal => 34.4 mpgUS => 6.82 L/100km, 41.3 mpgUK. Camped at State Park and slept in the V70.

Ville Platte to New Orleans and back to New Iberia via US90, nearly all regular hwy and significant local in New Orleans and in New Iberia: 399.9 mi/12.929 gal = 30.9 mpgUS => 7.60 L/100km, 37.1 mpgUK.

New Iberia to Dallas, virtually all IH with speed control set at 68 to 70 mph: 453.4 mi/12.937 galUS = 35.0 mpgUS => 6.71 L/100km , 42.0 mpgUK.
    On my recent trip to New Orleans I decided to set the speed control to about 68 mph and try to stay in the right lane. I was trying to get the highest mpg I possibly could. I did pass some cars that were going slower, but my idea was to just keep a constant speed and not have to summon the concentration required for passing. Most of the cars that passed me were going significantly faster than 70 mph and staying mostly in the left lane or making frequent lane changes so, in my opinion, my going slightly under the speed limit presented no additional obstruction to them.

What I did find was that large trucks would come up behind me and then change to the left lane and pass with clearly increased speed and fuel use. I cannot stand to have an 18-wheeler right on my tail and I don't want to obstruct them. It occurred to me to change to the left lane as the trucks approached and let the trucks pass in the right lane. The truck drivers seemed happy to do this. This is how the lead is changed in a bicycle pace-line.

I would change to the left lane and coast down using the negative button on the cruise control to minimize the time I was beside the truck and then shift back to the right lane and speed up to 68 mph after the truck had opened a gap. I suppose the truck drivers have trained some car drivers to do this and that must be the reason they come up close behind before changing to the left lane to pass. I figure this really saves fuel--a negligible amount in my car but a lot in the truck. I was not in a hurry on this trip.

As the truck would approach from the rear in my lane I would first signal a lane change, check that no vehicle was overtaking in the left lane (which wasn't a problem because the traffic on IH49 was light and not heavy on IH20), then change lanes. In the left lane I would slow down with the -button on the speed control so as to minimize the time I was alongside the truck, then signal and change back to the right lane after the truck passed. Then I would accel back to cruising speed with the + button on the speed control.

Another way I handled the speed control was to change to the left lane then disengage the cruise control so as to slow down quickly. As soon as the truck came alongside on my right I would signal a change back to the right lane, and after the truck passed, change lanes, then accelerate back to near 68 mph with slight enough pressure on the accelerator pedal that the 5A transmission wouldn't downshift, then re-engage the speed control.

I found on this car that if I used the + button on the speed control or I re-engaged the speed control when the speed was significantly below the set point, then the speed control would cause a downshift, which I figured would use more fuel and cause more wear on the engine and transmission.

On a freeway in New Orleans I needed to pass quickly to get around a vehicle to get to an exit and gave full throttle at about 50 mph. The tach went up to well over 5000 rpm (redline is 6000). I don't like to do that very often.
  • ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,194
    What jim314 describes is not passing technique, but hyper-miling. I think he might even be hyper-miling for other drivers, or at least the trucks for whom he moves left to allow them to pass. ;)

My 2006 2.5T is over 11,000 miles (just bought it as a former dealer demo)...

first fill-up, all around-town commuting... 21.4 mpg (computer said 21.8, but no telling how much of what happened before I reset the meter on delivery.

Since then, the computer was showing 22.3mpg driving around town, then I reset before a highway trip from Wilmington(NC) to Raleigh. Just got home and it shows 28.5mpg (showed 29.3 when I got up there Sunday, but I did a little driving around Raleigh).
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
    Right now my in-town use of this 2004 base V70 2.4L non-turbo 5A is pretty short trips, and some local towing of a light trailer (~700 lb GW). The fillup just before this trip was 19.1 mpg. The usual range in-town is 19 to 23 depending on the predominant type of trips.

This base model doesn't have a trip computer and all my reported values are from trip odometer and gas station pump values.

Going from 20 mpg (0.050 gpm) to 35 mpg (0.0286 gpm) is a 43 % decrease in fuel use per unit distance travelled.

(Going from 20 to 35 mpg is a 75 % increase in distance travelled per unit of fuel consumed, but this is not the percent change that is relevant to how most people use their vehicles. What most people do is drive the distance they want/"need" to and pay what it costs. Most people do not buy a given amount of fuel in a given time period and drive until the fuel is exhausted.)
    I'm not sure what jim314's point is in the last post, but, ummm...ok.

Currently 2 tanks into my experience with a year-old V70. The pump-truth is this:

1st tank (all city-ish driving): 318.8 miles on 14.866 gallons for 21.4 mpg

2nd tank (70% highway at cruise speeds just either side of 75mph): 411.6 miles on 15.331 gallons for 26.8 mpg

I mentioned what the trip computer said just for the purposes of comparing its readout to real-world. The first tank made me think it was a bit optimistic, and the second, just the opposite.

At the start of my road-trip Sunday I reset the meter, with 58 miles on this tank and showing 22.3 mpg average. (theoretically 2.6 gallons consumed)

At the end of my 142-mile outbound highway trip, it showed an average 29.3mpg. However, I didn't reset anything then, or until I filled up. When I refueled yesterday, it read 27.2 mpg average over 353.6 miles since the earlier reset (theoretically 13.0 gallons consumed)

SO... this time around the computer might have been a little pessimistic, but not too too far out of line (the computer stats suggest it would have wanted 15.6 vs. the 15.3 it took). And so far, chalk up another car that has me close to the EPA estimates (21/29 on this one).
    Sometimes my posts have more than one point, and sometimes the point is obscure, if there is one. It's the way my undisciplined mind works.

But one point was that the US practice of using mpg values instead of gpm (i.e. gal of fuel consumed per mile travelled) is a barrier to doing proper fuel use comparisons. You really need to use the fuel/distance value like the Europeans do. They express fuel use as liters consumed per 100 km travelled (L/100km).

For example if vehicle B has a gpm value (or L/100km value) that is 20% less than vehicle A, then B will use 20% less volume of fuel to go any given distance. This is usually what people want to know.

But if vehicle D has an mpg which is 20% higher than vehicle C, then it does not mean that D will use 20% less fuel to go a given distance. It means that D will go 20% farther with any given volume of fuel. But this latter is not usually what people want to know.

In three tanks of mostly city driving we have gotten 17 mpg twice and 13 mpg once with this 3.2L 2WD XC-90.
    Suppose veh D gets 40 mpg and veh C gets 20 mpg. Vehicle D has a 100% higher mpg value than C, but for a given distance travelled veh D uses 50% less fuel than veh C.
    We are firmly off topic here, but it is a US/European thing. Watch some car racing... in the States the media talk about how fast the lap was in MPH. With European racing (and the actual racers in US forms like NASCAR) the discussion centers on lap time, as that is how they know how far ahead (or behind) they are, and at what rate the gap is changing. And you're right... it makes more sense! When I'm running, I look at my pace (minutes per mile) and not mph... tho I do switch back to MPH on bike rides that tend to cover more open and indefinite courses!

OK, so that keyed a lot more on MPH than MPG... but it shows the US/Euro divide, be it speed vs. lap time, or MPG vs. actual consumption.

Back on topic, more pseudo-city driving in my '06 2.5T... a lot of 45 mph speed limits, but enough lights and stop-and-go that my trip computer shows average speeds around 26 mph...
    359.9 miles on 15.729 gal for 22.9 mpg (or 4.37 gal/100mi) :)

The computer was claiming just 21.8 mpg, but this may have been more of a "short fill" than the last one. It's easy to squeeze a LOT of fuel into this tank after the auto-shutoff, and last time I put close to 3/4 of a gallon in after it kicked off.

Even if this fill was a half-gallon shorter than the last, my actual mpg would have been 22.2. Starting to think (now that I know how it's being filled up, etc.) that the computer is a little pessimistic.

And maybe I'll stop topping off now, tho that will make fuel mileage calculations less of a "controlled" situation.
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Guys, at 9:30 PM at night it hurts my head to read this stuff.

My experience in our 2001 XC70 during recent summer driving:

1) on highway MPG at 70-75 MPH is 24.5 MPG

2) around town MPG is 18.5 MPG or less depending on nature of trip.

Keep in mind that Volvo's burn premium. While 24.5 MPG on an interstate at 75MPG sounds great, the car is consuming $3.29 per gal self service premium. I'd rather have lower MPG with burning a non-premium grade.
    Volvo gets a good combination of performance and fuel economy from their engines by setting up the engine to work best on 91 octane or above. But if you read the owner's manual it states that the Volvo engines can run on 87 octane AKI, which is what it shown on the pumps in the US.

If the cost of the fuel is a problem for you and if you are not driving agressively or towing a trailer, then maybe you would want to use 87 octane. To me the extra cost of premium is negligible, and even though I drive with a light foot, I don't want to depend on a knock sensor to save my engine from damage.

"In many parts of Europe, 95 RON (90-91 AKI) is the minimum available and the standard, with 97/98 being premium or "super". In other countries "regular" unleaded gasoline, when still available, is sometimes as low as 85 RON (still with the more regular fuel - 95 - and premium around 98 available.)" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
    How much are you willing to give up in MPG to run non-premium?

A lot of folks create a false economy when the price of gas goes up, thinking they'll save money by running regular in cars that really want premium. Think about this, but maybe at an hour when it won't make your head hurt...

That $3.29 for premium will only buy you 1.06 gal of regular at $3.09. In other words, it doesn't have to hurt your fuel economy very much before it costs the same or more per mile to run regular.

Back when gas was really cheap, and the $1.20 for a gallon of premium bought 1.2 gallons of regular at $1.00, there might have been a case to sacrifice some MPG.
  • jurrasicsailorjurrasicsailor Member Posts: 3
    i've got an '01 T5 with 114K miles. Just had the mechanic use the de-sludging product from amsoil and use their synthetic. asked for the de-sludge even though I've changed oil regularly because it looked like their was some build up if you looked thru the oil cap. don't know if it was the de-sludge or the amsoil, but the mileage went up a full 1 mpg on a 90 mile commute I do every day. Only other variable is weather. Great mileage from such a sizable car with plenty of horses. The '01 models have a 21.5 gal tank as well, so range is incredible. But I want the D5 Diesel they sell in Europe! More torque and gets another 8+ miles to the gallon!
    Try doing what I have been doing, if 91 octane is not available where you are, then mix equal parts of 93 and 89 octane to get 91 octane AKI. You will save $1.00 per 20 gal. Or just use 89 and save $2.00 per 20 gal. The use of 89 octane AKI might give the lowest fuel cost per mile.

But you really want to get the best mpg and the best fuel for this fine engine, not the lowest fuel cost per mile. The best mpg means lowest CO2 emissions, less wear on the engine, longest life of the engine oil. If you were really pressed for money, you wouldn't own a Volvo.

The Volvo normally aspirated 2.4L 5cyl and 3.2L 6cyl engines have compression ratios of over 10:1. They are not going to run at their best with 87 octane. Mix grades to get close to 91 and you won't have to worry that you are paying for a higher octane fuel than the engine is designed for.
    Last week I stopped to refuel on the wrong side of Raleigh, where stations only post their prices for regular and maybe mid-grade. I'm used to seeing a 10-cent jump from regular to midgrade, and another 10-cent increase for premium... so when I found premium to be 15 cents more than midgrade I tried a tank of Shell 89 octane.

My driving from then until today was about 70% city and 30% highway with cruise speeds just over 75 mph... 380 miles on 15.65 gallons, for 24.3 mpg.

Still looks like the computer might be a little pessimistic yet... it only indicated 23.6 mpg (down from 28.9 mpg at the end of the highway leg that I started out with).
  • plainv70plainv70 Member Posts: 1
    A little late, but what the heck:

There are many vehicles with engines at 10-10.5:1 compression ratios that are spec'd for regular, look at all the Honda's for one. Also, isn't the new C30 spec'd for regular?

Volvo NA's will run fine on regular. There are knock sensors on the block to tell the ECU what's going on. The gas mileage difference is insignificant, how you drive will have a greater effect on gas mileage.

I've been running regular for nearly three years in a v70, we consistently get 22-24 around town (with a little highway) and 28-30+ mpg on the road, depending on the load and winds. Behind a truck I can average 33-40! This vehicle is the most sensitive car with respect to wind resistance draft that I have ever recently owned or operated.

A gently driven turbo should do the same, but since they have higher effective compression ratios they will clearly profit from high octane fuels.

Both turbos and NA's at or around wide open throttle will do better on the higher octane, the turbo's much better.
    Round trip Dallas TX to San Francisco CA to drop off a relative. Outbound was with two people and luggage. Inbound me only and less than half of luggage. This base model has no trip computer so these mpg's are hand calculated from fuel pump fillup volumes and trip odometer readings. Highway speed of travel were in the range of slightly below posted to 5 mph over posted, so often 80 mph in AZ and NM. No significant drafting on trucks. Tires 195/65-15 Michelin MXV4+ Energy (51 psi max infl press) inflated to 41 psi before trip and not checked during trip.

Overall 3984 mi on 128.3 gal of mostly Shell 90 or 91 octane AKI "V-Power" => 31.0 mpg. Twelve fillups. If the two legs with significant lower mpg (* and **) are excluded as outliers, then 3258 mi on 101.0 gal => 32.2 mpg.

1. Dallas to Amarillo TX: 384.2 mi on 15.236 gal => 25.2 mpg* (incl. urban Dallas)
    2. to Albuquerque NM: 291.4 mi on 9.472 gal => 30.8 mpg
    3. to Flagstaff AZ: 330.7 mi on 10.333 gal => 32.0 mpg
    4. to Ludlow CA: 306.3 mi on 9.802 gal => 31.2 mpg
    5. to Delano CA 216.4 mi on 6.805 gal => 31.8 mpg
    6. to Moss Beach CA 378.2 mi on 11.828 gal => 32.7 mpg (incl some urban SF)
    7. to Wasco CA: 342.2 mi on 12.043 gal => 28.4 mpg**
    8. to Needles CA: 303.9 mi on 9.035 gal => 33.6 mpg
    9. to Williams AZ: 347.7 mi on 11.519 gal =>30.2 mpg (incl. Grand Canyon NP)
    10. to Moriarty NM: 401.8 mi on 11.774 gal => 34.1 mpg
    11. to Amarillo TX: 300.5 mi on 8.806 gal => 34.1 mpg
    12. to Dallas TX: 380.7 mi on 11.664 gal => 32.6 mpg (incl side trips to Palo Duro Canyon SP and Copper Breaks SP at Quanah TX and re-entry into Dallas through thick urban traffic for 40 miles)

NB 1. The last urban tank before the trip yielded 20.1 mpg.
    2. The V70 allowed me to sleep in the back of the vehicle with rear seat folded flat (return trip) in Grand Canyon NP and in Palo Duro Canyon State Park TX.
    Engine oil in the 04 V70 was Mobile1 10W-30 Extended Performance (guaranteed for 15,000 mi or 1 year) which has been in for almost a year and maybe 12,000 miles. I'll change it soon with 6 qt of the same oil. I have not had to add any oil since the last change a year ago. After the trip the odometer read about 34,000 mi, so the engine is in its prime.
  • orangelebaronorangelebaron Member Posts: 435
    My 2000 V70 non-turbo averages around 21-22 mostly suburban.
    My 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5 non turbo is getting only 18 mpg with a 4 cyl with the same driving.
    AWD and higher ground clearance of the Outback come at a cost in fuel efficiency. The Volvo inline 5-cyl may be inherently lower in internal losses than the Subaru flat-4, and maybe the Volvo I-5 has engine controls more optimized for fuel efficiency. How do the ride and handling of these two vehicles compare?
  • orangelebaronorangelebaron Member Posts: 435
    While the Subaru is more fun to drive and can handle potholes better without a banging noise, I believe the Volvo rides better.
    The Subaru, because it is higher and narrower, bobs and heaves on uneven roads.
    You know those toys with the heads on springs? That's what my neck feels like sometimes in the Subaru. It will also toss everything in the cargo up in the air if you go over a crest quickly.
    They both handle well.... but there is a certain point in the Subaru where if you are going around a curve on the highway a little too fast, the back of the vehicle will suddenly lift up and over a little bit... happened a couple of times...didn't like it.The Volvo may actually hold the road a little better.
    The transmission in the Volvo doesn't inspire much confidence as it sometimes feels like it will break again (like it did at 60K... very expensive), but at least it doesn't sometimes refuse to shift as does the Subaru.

All in all, the Volvo is a much more comfortable car and although the Outback appears to be larger when parked tandem, the V70 is a tiny bit wider and much more roomy and thought out inside. That extra interior width makes it easier to place my mountain bike in the back.

If Volvo made their cars more reliable and a little less costly to own and maintain, I would see no reason to look at Subaru.
  • gregd396gregd396 Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up a used 2005 V70 2.5T (LP Turbo, 5speed geartronic, FWD) and was somewhat let down by the mpg, but I can't complain too much for a car with such good performance. My numbers are with tires at 39 psi, castrol syntec 10w30, new air filter.

On a flat highway, cruise set at 55 mph, A/C off, I averaged 31.5 mpg
    Increase to 65 mph and it drops to 28.5 mpg
    And so on... 75 mph gets you about 26 mpg
    City driving has gotten me 18-19 mpg so far

So my experience matches the "new" EPA estimate of 18/27. If you have an extremely light foot you should be able to get the old window sticker rating of 21/30, but what fun is that?
This discussion has been closed.