Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Charger 2006+

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    his original post mentioned tax being in the final price, but he didn't list it as a separate item. You are also missing the 6-cd changer from your list, not to mention the destination charge
    i just did it real quick in the pricing calculator here on Edmunds and came up with an invoice of $25,062 with destination.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• miranda1miranda1 Member Posts: 7
    Ah yes, that xplains it. Thank you gbrozen. Sounds like a great deal. Has anyone else here gotten a deal like that? Or should I head down there?
  • robviarobvia Member Posts: 19
    Just saw the message up above, thanks for answering since I was away.
    My car is in Miami at the huge lot next to the airport. It was built on 10/21/05 and arrived on 11/08/05. Now we wait for it to be delivered to the dealer on a transport truck. They have no control over when this happens, and they can't call, or go pick it up. If they call, it will be delayed even longer.
    Jeffrey Fair has been giving me updates thru e-mail all this time. We tracked the car on its journey thru Danville KY, Jacksonville FL, and now Miami.
    Well that is very interesting. Where do they come through Jacksonville? I know the city backwards and have never seen a Dodge lot anywhere.....

I know where the Ford trucks come in and that was a great help when we bought one of those. I had a connection that worked at the rail yard. When new trucks came in, he'd let me walk through, look at the stickers for one that matched my needs, and as soon as I found one that precisely met my specs, I looked to see where it was going, and went directly to THAT dealer and made an offer. Yes, I know the dealers will "find you one" but they play alot of games with that program (like telling you about the ones THEY want you to buy) Some make a big fuss out of it and try to talk you into something that isn't quite what you wanted. There are also alot of other issues that come up when they start trading between dealers. Too many people get involved and everyone wants a cut, and that diminishes the buyers bargaining power.

Good luck. I will be checking back to hear about your new car. I may try to get a similar deal here in Jax, if not I will be calling your man Jeff! :blush:
    I'm not sure where the cars go thru Jacksonville.

I have taken deliver on 11/15/05 for less than what I expected. I ordered the car and figured it would cost $26084.23. The price of the car went up slightly, but there were extra rebates thrown in at the end. My final price OTD was $25,864.07.
    So yes, the deal went thru better than expected. Thanks Monarch Dodge of Lauderdale Lakes FL.
    I hope you are enjoying your new ride. I know the incentives went up from $500 in October to $1000 for November, was that the extra rebates? Question for those who special ordered....I have always heard you get whatever incentives are in effect when you take delivery, but I heard someone mention their dealer let them "lock in" the current incentives at the time of ordering instead. What has been your experience?
    What kind of gas mileage are folks really getting on the v6?
    You'll probably have to talk to your fleet manager about the incentives. In my case, there was a $500 rebate for hurricane Katrina I was given when we ordered the car. 2 months later, I was told the price of the car went up slightly, but there were more rebates added in. When I went to pick up the car, the buyers order was already filled out for about $200 less than what I expected. I figure I got a good deal because they knew I would say nice things, plus I made a web site but can't post the link here.

I only have 150 miles on my car so far. I just filled it up and reset my trip odometer. The V6 doesn't have the fancy computer with the MPG and compass. It also doesn't have a garage door opener. That's a special electronics group option (AFC) found in the RT package which costs $580. I miss the MPG computer and compass because I had it in my last car. But I can figure out my mileage by seeing how many gallons I use at each fill up. Ask your dealer if they can add option AFC to an SXT. The Trip button on the V6 cycles between odometer, trip odometer, and temperature outside.
    Thanks.....I'm slow, what is a K&N filter and what does it do for you? :confuse:
  • jrnyacejrnyace Member Posts: 21
    A K&N air filter is a special air filter that uses oiled cotton gauze sandwiched in between layers of wire screen. The factory air filter restricts a higher flow of air- cutting horsepower. The design of the K&N filter catches debris-but allows more air intake to feed the engine. I have had success with these in the past and they only run about $75 for the air filter at Autozone or Parts America. The whole cold air intake that replaces your factory box runs about $250.00-like I said -look on ebay. They promise to add 22-26 horsepower. It sure feels like it.
    My SXT just passed 300 miles, still breaking in. I calculated 18.57 MPG, all city driving. I think it will get better.

Just had Lo-Jack early warning installed, really neat idea. They give you a little black key remote with no buttons. If the car is moved, and the remote is not around (towed or stolen), it e-mails and calls you.

The manual said brief full throttle accelleratons contribute to a good break in. So this morning I nailed it on the highway and hit 100 with no problem. I'd say the SXT will top out around 115. Nothing wrong with that for the family people, that's who the SXT is made for. It's plenty fast enough, yet people continue to rag comparing it to the hemi.
  • bmanningbmanning Member Posts: 5
    It' taken a long time but Dodge is going to replace my Charger. They determined the paint was defective. There is a lot of paperwork that has to be completed.
    I missed it, what was wrong with your paint? Of course I think most new car paint jobs suck, and I am planning to special orfder my charger, so I am concerned about this.
    Has anyone else read the nice review motor trend had on the Charger in their car of the year issue? The Honda civic won-but the Charger scored VERY well in the catagories they listed. If the 300C had not won last year I know this would have been the year for the Charger! I still can't get over how much I love this car. I'm storing it for the winter and I'm patiently waiting for that first spring day to take it out again. Believe me-ITS KILLING ME!!!
  • ttwarriorsttwarriors Member Posts: 1
    Need help. Got a dealer quote for around 24K (w/ destination) for the SXT has anyone paid less than that? Also never owned a rear wheel drive car, how do they do in bad (wintery weather)?
  • dianne5dianne5 Member Posts: 2
    has anyone had problems with there head liner in the back they told me that they left it down so that they cold work on the sattelite radio if needed
  • xtecxtec Member Posts: 354
    My SXT has the 3.5V6 which is plenty for me.My MSRP was
    27795.The dealer took off 1300 of sticker,plus I had 500 rebate,and they gave me good price on my 02SXT Intrepid.The
    last couple years Chrysler cars have better value than GM,
    and Ford.The Gm cars seem to ride better when there is 1or2
    people,4or more you will get a bad ride where the Charger keeps it ride.I had 2LH cars that rode great with 5or 6 people.AS for fleet or police I think you will see them start coming around.I worked on police cars for 23years,and that is one reason I been A mopar man my whole life.I saw how each manufactor designed things and Chrysler I think had the best designs.As for a muscle car I guess the jury is still out,but I owned a 68 road runner and I would call the new Charger a modern day muscle,it has the looks.
  • mermelizabethmermelizabeth Member Posts: 1
    Oh, yes, Dianne. While driving on the freeway with my windows down, I kept hearing something flapping. At first I couldn't determine what it was. Then when it was a little safer for me to turn around to look more carefully, I discovered that air was getting under the head liner right below the satelite antenna and making the whole headliner flap. Later, :( I couldn't find any way to secure the center area to prevent it from reoccuring so for now I just don't drive fast (freeway) with the windows down.
  • spokesspokes Member Posts: 14
    Hello all, and Merry Christmas.

I've been shopping for the Charger RT up in Northern California and have not found a dealer willing to go below MSRP. I was hoping some of you Charger "brothern" out there might clue me in on any dealers you know of that are working with the customer from Invoice up in price.

Thanks!

Spokes
  • worrworr Member Posts: 45
    My first price was $600 over invoice on a R/T that had modest options. Here is the exact quote:

If MSRP is $31,890 I will sell the Charger RT to you for $30,747 minus $1000 Chrysler financial cash = $29,747 plus tax, title, license fees.
    Thanks for the response.

What dealer are you refering to/recommending?
  • spdwy33spdwy33 Member Posts: 21
    Ford kind of pissed me off when they wanted $4,000 over sticker for the Mustang GT. Nice car, but definitely not that nice!

Drove the Charger RT today - that was a bast! Lots of guts, clean styling and a good price.

But then when we visited a Pontiac dealer to drive the GTO, they blasted Dodge for putting bad transmissions in the Charger. Rumored to have lots of trouble, etc.

Talked to a transmission man today, too. He hasn't seen lots of problems with the Chargers. Was the Pontiac guy just blowing smoke or has anyone heard of transmission problems with the Charger?
  • flwolveflwolve Member Posts: 7
    Is that $600 over invoice before or after the $1000 rebate? It sounds like he's only dropping the sales price a little over a thousand dollars which to me would not equal $600 over invoice.

I received an Internet quote for a Dodge Charger with the Road and Track performance group. The MSRP was $34,465 and he was selling it to me for $32,916 before any rebates so he was taking off $1500 for me. I still think this is approximately $1000 over invoice so I'm trying to work him for a better deal.

Anybody out there paying invoice for a Charger RT?
  • batistabatista Member Posts: 159
    The Charger gets the 5-speed transmission even with the 3.5L engine not like the 300 where only the Hemi gets the 5-speed. I bet the 3.5L Charger is at least 0.5 seconds faster to 60mph than the 300 3.5L 4 speed because of this plus way more reliable.
    Just caught a quick article in the paper-it says that the Charger is predicted to retain 46.5% of its value after three years-not bad at all.
  • worrworr Member Posts: 45
    Before and without rebate.

You have to take their financing if you take your money....which means you loose as much as you gain...depending on the loan, natch.
  • rheilingrheiling Member Posts: 7
    Look at my post yesterday in the Charger: Prices Paid & Buying Experience forum.

My cost for a Charger RT (with 63 miles) before TT&L was $25,690, which is $2,043 less then invoice ($27,733) according to Edmunds for a Charger RT with no options.
    I have a dealer in Tucson that is giving A avg. of $3400 off sticker.Thats the cheapest Iv'e seen so far.example
    R/T Charger list$31,224 buy for $27,841.Thats $3,383off.
    another ex;list $35203 buy for $31,385.thats $3,818.Maybe
    this will help when you go and make a deal.Tucson Dodge is the dealer. :)
    I have a dealer in Tucson that is giving A avg. of $3400 off sticker.Thats the cheapest Iv'e seen so far.example
    R/T Charger list$31,224 buy for $27,841.Thats $3,383off.
    another ex;list $35203 buy for $31,385.thats $3,818.Maybe
    this will help when you go and make a deal.Tucson Dodge is the dealer.This inc. rebate. :)
    Thanks, xtec,

Sounds like more the deal I was looking for here in California. Unfortunately, I can't buy one from out of state unless it's used with at least 7500 miles on the OD. I'm thinking, however, that if a dealer in Tucson can do it, then one here in CA can. Does anyone else know of a dealer in CA?

Thanks again.
  • slammieslammie Member Posts: 38
    So I get to Dollar Rent-a-car and they set me up with a Stratus. After pleading with the guy to give something, anything, different, he hands me the keys to a Charger. I was unimpressed. 500 miles later, I was very impressed. What a great car! I had an STX with the 3.5L. The car was rock solid, very fast, agile for a big car, an comfortable. Did I say big? I've been toting aroung in a Mazda 626 and have been going gaga over the new Mazdaspeed 6, although my head rested squarely on the ceiling by the sunroof during test drive. But there's oodles of room in the Charger...I'm 6-4 and the dimensions were much appreciated.

Ok, so I will have to live with an automatic and RWD, but tooling around Colorado in snow storms proved no problem for the Charger. Lastly, it's, yes, I'll say it....it's American, gulp....but what a great car!

I've been looking for an RT with the Road/Track package to try the Hemi with those cool seats. I'm sort of afraid to find one....I'm worried I might have to buy it.

Cheers to Chrysler for a great product!
    Thanks for the complement on the Charger.You drove the same car I have,SXT 3.5.I live in AZ. so the rear wheel drive doesn't bother me.The auto is still fun to drive if you use the auto stick.I find myself using it more than I thought I would.I think its a great car to drive I have fun with mine. :)
  • rsmith1rsmith1 Member Posts: 9
    The Dodge Charger is using Hood Struts on the SRT and Chrysler 300c and all of the hardware is already in place,so why are they using a Hood Prop when they could be saving some money and install all Chargers with the Hood Struts. In a competitive market place, the hood prop makes an already great product look cheap. Also, I would like to see Dodge add the Trunk Liner to the Charger that is already installed on the Chrysler 300c. Because I want to buy a Charger with the Road & Track package, Does anyone have an extra Chrysler Employee Green Sheet number that I can have. Thank You,
    R.L.Smith
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A reporter is looking to speak with someone who purchased a Ford Fusion, Dodge Charger, Chrysler 300 or new Ford Mustang and previously drove an SUV or an import. Please send an e-mail to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, January 24, 2005 containing your daytime contact information and a few words about your choices.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kmennerichkmennerich Member Posts: 1
    The dealer told me that you could use 87 octane gasoline with the Hemi engine, but the manual indicates 89 octane should be used. I am interested in what other people are using. Also any thoughts on using synthetic motor oil. thanks ken
    You can use 87 octane in your Hemi.But you wont get the performance you should have and your gas milage will be worse,plus you might get some pinging during acceleration and more carbon build in your engine.I have A Charger SXT with the V6 and I use 89 in mine.Those Engines where design to use 89,so that what should be used.Good Luck, :)
  • SporinSporin Member Posts: 1,066
    What sort of MPG are you getting with your V6? That's what we're looking at as well.
  • chargergirl13chargergirl13 Member Posts: 4
    I found 2 '06 Daytona's that had to be sold back to Chrysler for pre-title damage. I have the VIP summary reports which I'm told should have records of everything thats been done to the cars. Descriptions like "Company Car Tracking" or "Special Condition Scheduling" don't really tell me anything. Does anyone know what these types of codes *really* mean?

Much Thanks. :confuse:
    Its hard to tell how much your mileage will go up with 89 octane,but it should improve with the 89.I would also suggest installing a K&N air filter.Not only do they give you more power but also helps with mileage.Everybody have differant driving habits so it depends on how you drive your car.I had a tankfull of gas which I used for breaking in my car.I did a lot of hotrodding and dropped my mileage 2mpgs less then if I drove normal,which is hard to do when you own a Charger.I hope this helps good luck.
  • youtellmeyoutellme Member Posts: 14
    Hi to all!!I am coming from the chrysler 300 2005 that had 7000 miles on it and chrysler bought it back. too many problems to get into ,just wanted to say i love my hemi ,which i did not have in my 300,and i'm a true believer,The 300 is all show and alot of crap a## junk. :lemon: owner no more!!!!
    SLOW DOWN TONTO! The 300m WON CAR OF THE YEAR last year and in ongoing Motor Trend reviews and updates state that the car is STILL in peak form. I don't know why you wouldn't get the HEMI anyway.That car is basically the same as the Charger-just "pimped UP" a little more. The 300 is a great car-just not my style.
  • veteaterveteater Member Posts: 1
    I own a 06 RT charger and was looking to put the Daytona HEMI hood sticker on my vehicle. Any idea how to locate this decal. Ive tried just about every decal site on the web and ebay with no luck. I would be grateful for any info. Thanks.
  • daddageodaddageo Member Posts: 1
    I was told to keep wax off the black decals as it will stain them. My question is how do you wax the letters to protect the paint job without hitting the black decals? Anyone know of a wax that is good for both?
    Check out leeparts.com , they have anything and everything you could ever want for your Charger-including those decals. I hope this helps.
  • SporinSporin Member Posts: 1,066
    If your 300C was a lemon, why did you buy a car that is mechanically identical? Were they non-mechanical lissues (electrical grmlims, etc?) Just curious.

FWIW, Automobile Magazine just wrapped up there 30k mile, year long test of a 300C and had ZERO problems and returned an average of 19 MPG with the Hemi. Pretty good considering how hard car mags use their cars.

A Charger SXT V6 is still the #1 car on our list to replace our current Mazda.
    I own a Charger SXT and I think Its a great Car.The V6 has plenty of power plus you get decent gas mileage.Its so far its one of my best cars Iv'e owned.My last car was a '02 Intrepid SXT ,which was a good car for me,but the Charger is much better,I did enjoy my Intrepid but I don't miss it.If you choose the Charger SXT,I think you will not be disappointed.I hope this helps,Good Luck.
  • catman2050catman2050 Member Posts: 28
    I currently drive a BMW 330i. However, with a 2nd kid on the way, its time to get a larger car. I've test driven a few cars already and I see my choice coming down to a Dodge Charger R/T (with the Road and Track package) or a Toyota Avalon (with the Touring package). I definitely like the attitude, power and handling of the R/T...but, the Avalon doesn't stink in the power department and doesn't kill you at the gas pump.

In any event, my biggest concern with the R/T is the visibility issue. I've read the various car mag reviews which identify visibility as an issue, but I want to hear from those of you who have driven a Charger on this issue. With 2 young kids in my near future, I've got to be somewhat concerned with safety (and visibility falls in that safety category). Basically, would you feel comfortable driving the R/T with 2 young kids in the back seat.
    the visibility was a slight issue for me in the beginning. In my case it was the front slope of the windshield that affected me the most at first. You almost have to peek down when pulled up to a traffic light to see it. Other than that I found no real problems out the back or sides that seemed dangerous. I have a 2 year old and wouldn't hesitate taking him for a ride in , what he calls , "THE BATMOBILE".
    The Charger is like any car.Each one has its problems.My
    first concern was the A-pillar.After driving it for awhile
    you get use to it.You just make adjustments.The charger is a great car with the 5 star ratings which shows its a safe car.I'm very happy with the Charger.
    I called Meguiar's wax co. and they said right now there is no wax for the decals.I called my local Dodge dealer body shop and they said that you can use Armor All low-luster,but put it on heavy to avoid streaks.I would check with a body shop to double check before you do anything.
    Good Luck.
This discussion has been closed.