Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki Forenza Troubles

Comments

• kellij2kellij2 Posts: 7
    just had camshaft position sensor replaced took engine light off. Car still idles high, loses speed and sometimes reves to 4 5rpms and wont' go over 30 till it decides to jerk in to gear. Transmission seems fine. could this be a compression problem or am i looking at carbourator? anyone?
  • j357j357 Posts: 1
    The black metal molding strip on the roof has come off. I can't figure out how to get it back on. The molding has channels that are supposed to clip over rubber ribs glued to the roof but I can't get the molding to clip (or stay) on the rubber. Do I need a weird tool, or new cuss words?

Any help is appreciated, thanks
  • sweetypiesweetypie Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
  • Not sure if someone posted this yet but if you take it to the dealership and tell them about your door handles they should replace them for free ( the repairman called it goodwill since they are not on recall - yet!).

Both my back door handles fell off within 2 yrs of having the vehicle. Finally got it replaced this year!
  • cw56cw56 Posts: 1
    Have 2006 forenza wagon have replaced rear brake lite bulb 3 times last time new bulb didn't work hubby pulled off cover and ran meter test all working put back bulb to see if would work and the headlite quit and we couldn't shift out of park. Got the shifter to work blown fuse but still the headlite on driverside doesn't work and the rear lites don't work. Can't find anything on troubleshooting this or a manual to work from anyone else having the problem
  • I've put this car through the worst conditions and just keeps coming back for more:) I have low profile tires on mine so I have no tire problem,handling saved my life:D I was driving through a rough winter storm and a car ran a red light and I (irresponsibly) was driving fast for conditions and had to swerve to avoid a collision and the handling did exceptionally well!my little 07 Suzuki forenza has a k&n drop-in filter to help my gas millage!this car has taken me from Miami FL to Pennsylvania to New York and back to Miami with out changing oil or doing maintenance on it and I took it to my mechanic n he said its in perfect condition.....just change oil n go:D 63,000mi running strong:) I bought it with 2 miles on it.
  • daveg9daveg9 Posts: 1
    Suzzie033,

I am having some safety issues with my 06 Suzuki Forenza and have got an e-mail chain going. Could you e-mail me and I'll include you?

davidgonz85@gmail.com
  • 2007 WARRANTY IS ONLY GOOD ON TRANSMISSION, I HAVE HAD THE SENSOR PROBLEMS, NOT INSIDE THE TRANSMISSION, I AM BEING CHARGED $400.00 FOR THE FIXING AND THEY SAID IT MAY NOT FIX IT, I DO NOT WANT TO PAY $700. FOR THE TUNE-UP[ AND I THINK ONCE THEY GET THE CAR IN THE SHOP THEY WILL CONTINUE TO CHARGE ME $$$$$
  • YES, PLEASE CONTACT ME ALSO, I HAVE '07 SUZUKI FORENZA AND I AM TOLD THAT THE SENSOR IS OUT?? MAYBE, BUT THEY WILL NOT KNOW FOR SURE UNTIL THEY START TO FIX IT, I THINK THEY DO NOT WANT TO LET ME KNOW THAT IF I DO NOT PAY FOR THE TUNE-UP OF $700 THEY WILL GET IT OUT OF ME ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.
  • gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,423
    First off, turn off your cap lock. No need to shout at us. Secondly, find out what sensor. An oxygen sensor? Or does it have to do with the fuel injection (a somewhat common problem). You can have Autozone or another independent place run a computer check and find out what the error code(s) is (are). If you don't trust the shop, find another. The car guys on NPR have a database of good ones all over the country. Or google repair shop reviews. There are some really honest people out there. Don't pay the $700 unless you know this is a reliable place that will stand behind their work. The Forenza may not be the most comfortable or best engineered car, but it had a lot of features for the price. A lot of owners have found it to be trouble-free with just routine maintenance.
  • I have 2006 Suzuki Forenza with 52000 miles on it. I have had to replace the gas cap several times because the check engine light comes on. Struts cost over 500, and now I was driving 60 miles a hour and the car sounded like it went into neutral, then the next day I was driving 40 miles a hour and it went into neutral 3 different times again. I am now a little scared to drive the car.
    The dealer I bought it from auffenburg in illinois and they sold the suzuki dealership. :cry:
    I had my seat belt recall and auffenburg refused to do it there I had to drive over a hour away to get that fixed a couple of years ago.
  • i had this problem with the suzuki forenza popping out of gear and yes i was afraid to drive mine too, mine is a 2007 brand new when i bought it, i complained to the company in california, and they contacted the local suzuki and fixed it for me free, after i had paid $300 to fix something else that did not fix it, the crank shaft sensor, so i do not know what had to be fixed , another sensor, but if you complain to the suzuki in california, they might get it fixed for you free, which is a great deal, in am in oregon, thanks, hope this helps. complain, complain, squeaky wheel, you know,
  • I recently started having a problem with my 04 forenza. My check engine light is blinking, which I didn't know could happen, and my car feels like it is low on power until it warms up, especially when it is shifting between first and second gear. It jerks and is idling rough. I am wary on taking it to a mechanic as they have been wrong and screwed me out of money before. Anyone have this problem before or have any thoughts?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,669
    A blinking engine light is an emergency signal. You shouldn't be driving the car. It sounds like you might have a clogged catalytic converter.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

A blinking check engine light does not necessarily mean that you must not drive the car. The light will usually blink if you have more than one error code going. You need to get to Autozone or some place that can give you a readout of your error codes, and then you will know more.

And some mechanics are better than others. Do a google search and see who gets good ratings or recommendations in your area. Or check Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers on npr.com to see if they list a good mechanic in your area. Good luck.
    True a blinking light doesn't mean "pull over" but I like to advise people to treat a blinking light a lot more seriously than a steady light--the catalytic converter can be damaged in case of misfire because raw fuel is being dumped into it. I haven't heard of multiple codes setting off a blinking light, so I don't know about that.

Blinking light is definitely a misfire--this is standard on all OBD-II systems far as I know.

You are right as well, Mr. host. A misfiring will cause a blinking light. But so will multiple error codes. The thing is, you don't know which is which. You just know that you have more than a simple error code going on (e.g., a failing oxygen sensor or a loose gas cap). Thus, it is made to blink to tell the driver to get the situation checked out ASAP.
    That's interesting. Do you have any further info on that or a link? I've never heard of multiple codes setting off a blinking light but if that's a built in feature for OBD-II, I'd like to know more about it.

edited November 2011
    It's obvious from the bit of research I have done that, as you said, blinking seems to indicate a misfire. I was going on information from the manual for my Mazda Millenia (no longer own it) that stated if another problem occurs while the MIL light is already on due to an error code, the MIL light could start blinking, to indicate additional error code(s). Never mind. :sick:
    The best I've been able to come up with is that if the engine light is blinking, it means that the computer thinks something is going on that might damage your car. So, sure, no reason why that couldn't be multiple codes.

• I have been noticing my hood shivers constantly at highway speeds. When ever a truck passes me, the hood moves at least an inch up then drops back. I have checked the hood many times and it seems perfectly closed and locked. But hit 55mph+ and it starts to move. I'm afraid the hood is going to fly back one of these times! Our local dealership is gone. What should I do?
    Could be the back hinges are loose, or maybe the hood is just "oil-canning", which means---flexing. You should have a passenger watch more carefully when this happens to see if the outer seams of the hood are actually raising up, or it's just the metal itself that is flexing.

• i have an 05 Forenza with 126,000 on it. For the last 4+ months the car randomly bucks, cuts out and jerks while i'm driving, like the exhaust isn't getting a clear flow. I have had the belts, plugs, wires and fluids all replaced. The check engine light keeps coming on with a code indicating that the problem is the cat converter but i had the exhaust pulled and both converters tested and it came back clean. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Well the code for catalytic converter doesn't mean the cat is bad--in fact it rarely means that---what it means is that the cat is under duress because of a misfire, which is sending unburned gas into the cat and overheating it.

I suspect you have a misfire--perhaps a bad coil or problems in the wiring from coil to the ECM. Perhaps even a bad camshaft sensor. Also a bad injector is a possibility.

• my tail lights and dashboard lights are not working fuses are ok while driving lights will flicker off touch the blinker switch lights go on now lights will not go on anyone know the problem
  • blindjaxblindjax Posts: 1
    Your Father is right you got ripped off by Daewoo GM and nothing you or I can do about it but fix the piece of junk they sold us. The plant went bankrupt and to get any good service for this junk you have beg for it and pay, there are several problems the dealer knows about factory knew about and to this day and of course out of warranty they won't fix. I had a 65 ford F100 that ran better, my 95 jeep sat for four years and still runs better. I read the forums and one after another people are having issues with this legal sale of scrap metal, most are the same issue you are having now most are the issue we all are having now. It's or hasn't someone looked into some sort of law suit.

recalls:
    '04 Suzuki Forenza Recalls
    Recall ID # 03V426000 - AIR BAGS:FRONTAL
    Recall Date: OCT 29, 2003
    Component: AIR BAGS:FRONTAL
    Model Affected: FORENZA
    Potential Units Affected: 7797

Recall ID # 05V022000 - EXTERIOR LIGHTING:BRAKE LIGHTS:SWITCH
    Recall Date: JAN 28, 2005
    Component: EXTERIOR LIGHTING:BRAKE LIGHTS:SWITCH
    Potential Units Affected: 37796

Recall ID # 07V452000 - EXTERIOR LIGHTING
    Recall Date: SEP 25, 2007
    Component: EXTERIOR LIGHTING
    Potential Units Affected: 93963

Recall ID # 67665 - SEAT BELTS:FRONT:BUCKLE ASSEMBLY
    Recall Date JUL 24, 2007
    Component SEAT BELTS:FRONT:BUCKLE ASSEMBLY
    Model Affected Forenza
    Potential Units Affected 75697

Recall ID # 69219 - EXTERIOR LIGHTING
    Recall Date SEP 25, 2007
    Component EXTERIOR LIGHTING
    Model Affected Forenza
    Potential Units Affected 93963

Starting with the oldest model of 2004 Suzuki Forenza, there were three major Suzuki Forenza recalls that were issued for the vehicle. The first one was related to the frontal airbags and it affected around 8000 vehicles that were in use at that time. The next one to hit the Suzuki Forenza in 2004 was about exterior lighting and brake lights. More than 100,000 vehicles were affected by this Suzuki Forenza recall and immediate solution was provided by Suzuki. Coming to the 2005 Suzuki Forenza model, there was a single recall that was issued for this model. The recall was related to exterior lighting again and it affected around 90,000 vehicles at that time. Next, 2006 Suzuki Forenza saw around two major recalls which were carried out for this model. The problem was with exterior lighting again and the second Suzuki Forenza recall was due to seat belt buckle assembly. Finally, the 2007 Suzuki Forenza was impacted by a seat belt buckle assembly recall and around 76,000 cars were affected by this activity.

This doesn't even cover the countless owners having to deal with leaking valve covers,warped heads,leaking head gaskets, bad sensors,idles rough,stalls,can't adjust seat belt and the list goes on. We have had to replace valve cover gaskets twice due to leaks filling up the spark plug ports, this last time after fixed by dealer I went to do a tune up and found oil back in the ports this time it was due to loose valve cover bolts. I don't normally complain about a vehicle but this should be against the law. I could of bought a Vega or Chevy Chevette or a 3 cylinder metro with better luck. Why as Humans Consumers do we put up with this crap? 8 years is not a long time countless repairs for the same should not be happening. Are you people not tired of the high cost of bad service? One good thing about the forenza is with the gas prices rising I won't have to filler-up as the piece of junk will be parked or junked 900 bucks for a 13,000 in only 8 years.
  • I have a 2005 suzuki forenza station wagon Lx.I bought it used thinking it would be a nice car. Boy was I wrong. Needs repair a lot and parts are hard to find and costly. Having trouble finding front upper strut mounts.Need this to pass inspection by 4/30/2012.I have also noticed a defect again that I haven't seen or heard anyone mention,but I could be wrong. Under the passenger side dash there was a black tar like substance melting down from the installation installed there.Is there suppose to be a plate there for that area?The instalation has fell down and stuck to my carpet.
  • jbrownncjbrownnc Posts: 2
    TO SAY THAT I AM IRATE WITH THE 2006 SUZUKI FORENZA IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT, THIS VEHICLE HAS CAUSED ME MUCH STRESS BUT NOT AS MUCH AS THE DEALERSHIP'S SERVICE DEPT. WHOSE TECHNICIANS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SPECIALIZED TRAINED TECH'S FOR SUZUKI'S VEHICLES. HERE ARE THE PROBLEMS I AM EXPERIENCING WITH THIS VEHICLE...on Jan. 25, 2012 as I was driving the car, the check engine light came on and I noticed that it was not accelerating, I pressed on the gas pedal but it was not getting gas, now the car was still mobile and it coasted at a very slow pace the more I pressed on the gas nothing would happen (no revving, no acceleration). I took the vehicle in for service and was told that it was the gas pedal position sensor, to repair this they had to remove the entire gas pedal (b/c the sensor is attached to the gas pedal) which cost me 337 dollars! I drove the car for 6 days only for the same problem to occur again. Returned it back for service to be told that the computer (PCM) is bad, the PCM was replaced (service charge and part charge extra!). Two days later the same problem continued, now the service department is saying that it is the throttle, which they replaced only to find the problem continues. The codes for the vehicle is reading P2106, P2110 and P161B (Throttle and Torque) however, the problems with the vehicle still continues. My vehicle has been with the service dept. for 30 straight days (they offered no rental) and they still has not fixed the problem and basically told me to take my vehicle that there was nothing else for them to do. This vehicle continues to suddenly stop accelerating while driving causing possible harm to others and me and the SUZUKI SERVICE department only response is that they do not know what the problem is. If anyone know of a solution to this problem of acceleration please let me know. :mad:
  • jbrownncjbrownnc Posts: 2
    I agree, I also have a 2006 forenza and the struts need to be replaced with only 68,000 miles on the vehicle. Suzuki needs to do a recall! The vehicle is a real :lemon:
  • wayne6372wayne6372 Posts: 4
    I feel you.I took my car to Mr Tire for a inspection, it passed emmissions but failed safety due to front upper strut mounts and brake pads.My car didnt shake or rattle before I went there.It does now.I had to find a suzuki dealer to get the mounts first of all and found out they didnt need replace and my check engine light is on as well.So now I have to fight with this company to fix my car.