Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki Forenza Troubles

Comments

• cmontcmont Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2006 forenza, with 21 miles on it in February 2007, thought we were ok until we hit 2500 miles. CEL on for an oxygen sensor, 4 days after getting the car back, CEL on again, this time the alternator was replaced. 2 weeks later CEL again, that was the catalytic converter failed and had to be replaced. Now another two weeks later the car starts when it wants to, and when it starts it idles high, and then quickly drops to the point where it almost stalls, dealer is telling me a software update was just released and should take care of the problem. sounds like BS! the car now has 4400 miles on it.

know a good lemon law attorney????
  • 34rod34rod Member Posts: 5
    My teenage daughter bought a 2006 Forenza in Sept 06, since than has put over 15k miles on it with out a single problem. Her biggest problem was listening to others [non-permissible content removed] about their cars. Shortly after she bought it she went to work at a Toyota/Suzuki dealership where nearly all Suzuki owners complained that the cars were all POS's. This may be the case for many of the cars, but as for the SUV's I know that this is incorrect. In any case she recently traded hers for a Hyundai Tiburon. Took a loss financially on the deal but emotionally it was a big step up. Lesson learned.
  • maddudemaddude Member Posts: 4
    resale value dropped 9,000 only offered 8,000 dollars on trade in with 750 miles on car. I to have the cold start idling problem, my transmission seems to shutter at times. All the kids at the child care center ask whats wrong when starting the car up. The American Suzuki Corp is useless and have hung up on me when the problem isn't in their best interest. This car is a joint effort between GM and Daewoo. Daewoo went out of business leaving customers with no way to service thgeir vehicles. They have appeared under the name of Suzuki and customers should be warned of this! The American Suzuki Corporation and Chacon Suzuki are dishonorable and untrustworthy.
  • sschribersschriber Member Posts: 89
    My 2005 wagon has really been a pretty good car. I average 30 mpg and repairs have been minimal. There are two minor nagging issues that I have yet to resolve. Browsing this board, I see others have also experienced this.
    1-The airbag light (in the gage cluster)stays on in the dash. The first few times the dealer/I unplugged then re-plugged the connector under the passenger seat and the light went out for 6 months then 4 months then 2, now we the light will briefly go out, but come right back on.
    2- the steering wheel emits a soft squeal when turning after the car warms up. Not like the old American cars deep in the engine compartment but more like right in the steering column. It's sort of a rubbing squeal like a dry wiper blade.

Any info or fixes on these two items would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I've been experiencing a performance condition in my 2005 Forenza that I have not in other vehicles I have owned. It was very noticeable to my wife when she borrowed it last week. When mildly accelerating uphill you get the sensation of a tire out of balance. (tires are fine) It must be generated by the engine-drivetrain but it doesn't feel like misfiring. I've heard of compensating balance shafts in 4 cylinder engines, Could the engine be temporarily out of balance? There sure feels like a "lobe" in the power delivery under these slow acceleration conditions.
  • tigersharktigershark Member Posts: 1
    my '06 sedan idles high after cold start, too.
    it has 37k and has developed a loud tap and the front end drowns bad.
  • fangio2fangio2 Member Posts: 214
    My Leganza used to do something similar.I found out it was just the covering around the steering wheel rubbing against the steering wheel when I turned.I just pulled it back a little.
  • tigger15tigger15 Member Posts: 4
    My car rattles as well and has lost power and I have only had my wagon for a year but shortly after having it we started to notice those things. and i feel im stuck with it til i can trade up somewhere else.
    The most common problems associated with the Holden 4 cyl engine are -oil in the sparkplug wells caused by a leaking valve cover gasket($20 on ebay),bad coil pack($50 on ebay) and clogged egr valve(remedied by cleaning carbon off valve)15 mins and sum carb cleaner.
    A set of plugs and new wires may also help.The engine is pretty reliable other then these minor problems.
  • elesha26elesha26 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 wagon and I have the same problems! My airbag light will come off and on at will and my car has a horrible squeal when you turn the steering wheel. I took it to my dealer and he said that there is a little rubber thing that is on the steering column. He said that there was actually two of these rubber stoppers. The squealing is because one of these stoppers have come loose and is now rubbing on somthing when you turn the wheel. The only problem is it could cost anywhere between 1 and 4 thousand to fix becuase of where the stoppers are positioned. I said I was going to live with the squeak. I just think it will effect my trade in value.
    Hope that helps a little!
    Elesha
  • jstmyluk09jstmyluk09 Member Posts: 1
    so i just f-d up my car very recently when i hit a curb (not going fast and yes i was sober) but it ended up making my right front wheel turn in. i think i broke the axle and i have no idea what to do. i am new to the whole car maintenance thing but i am trying. if ANYONE could please help with any useful info on maybe the cost or how to look for someone to fix it that would be amazing!
    I think the front end parts ,including.cv axles are the same as a Daewoo Nubria'Check ebay.Just get someone to look at it to see what parts you need.If it's just the cv axle,the can generally be replaced and installed for about $150-$175.
  • ilpilp Member Posts: 1
    Wait until you get about 60000 and see if suzuki care. I have a 2004 Forenza and never really had any problems with it. But when I did, suzuki would not live up to the warranty. My car became disabled as I was driving down the interstate. I had it towed to a Suzuki Dealership. I was told that there was sludge in the engine and therefore the drivetrain warranty would not cover the engine. I have had my vehicle serviced at this dealership since I bought it. But I was told that I didn't have the oil changed enough therefore it was not covered under warranty. I contacted the customer service and was told that it was up to the repair shop, whether the repair was covered or not. What do you do when you can not trust the repair shop and don't get any help from the cooperate customer service? Is this a company that you want to purchase a vehicle from. This is not the kind of service you would get from Honda or Toyota. I am speaking from experience.
    Toyota was doing the same thing.Many owners were denied warranty repairs do to sludge.Check the Toyota forums.I never heard of the Forenza engines being prone to "sludging".I would pursue this with the dealer.If necessary get an indepedent opinion on the cause of your breakdown.Sounds to me like you are just running into a bad service manager-speak to the owner or general manager.I've never heard of SUZUKI being hard to deal with.GOOD LUCK and don't let them off the hook.
  • hotmommakhotmommak Member Posts: 1
    I by no means consider myself a car expert, but I must tell you from experience that if you don't want your wife to have a forenza due to problems that you foresee, you are NOT going to be pleased with a Cobalt. I work for a car rental company (and my personal vehicle is a forenza). I have driven many cobalts and focuses and they do not drive nearly as well, or have the amount of cargo room or back seat room as a forenza. If you're looking for an inexpensive intermediate/midsize vehicle, I don't really think you'll have much trouble with a forenza.
  • forenzavictimforenzavictim Member Posts: 1
    As a forenza owner myself, I am very displeased. It turned out to be a mechanical nightmare. I just recently had to bring my vehical again for the so called "gas pump" problem. But the problem is really not the gas pump, it's the whole car. As everyone knows, the forenza is built by GM Daewoo. The Chevy aveo is also built in this manufacturing plant as well. The problem being that the car isn't built properly. Suzuki's experimentation with putting a Japanese engine in a Korean car turned out to be a disaster!!!! Suzuki is pulling their hair out right now and loosing money because everyone is filling the lemon law suits against this car. Indeed, this car is a LEMON. I would highly suggest that anyone who is experiencing problems before the first year of this car, needs to contact an attorney immediatley! Do not let the dealer mislead you and have you keep the car!! There job is to keep you content and keep your mouth shut for the first year so that you can't file the lemon law against them! Get rid of this car!!!! :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • beenhad2beenhad2 Member Posts: 1
    What a piece of $#**!@ this car is. I've owned one for 33 months and its been in the shop 12 times 9 of which are for the check engine light being on. It had Major work done to it 3X before I got stuck with it at 61 miles. Please anyone who might think about buying this car toss your money out on the freeway you'll have more fun than dealing with Suzuki. If they try to give you one just say no ! ! ! :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • milellamilella Member Posts: 3
    Is there way to get better MPG on 2006 Forenza? ( That is besides not driving it.)
    My 2005 wagon with a 5 speed does high 20's in the winter and low 30s in the summer. This includes a 30 mile highway commute that is either 75-80 or stop and go.
  • milellamilella Member Posts: 3
    Are these performance chip for Suzuki Forenza any good?
  • mirde98mirde98 Member Posts: 95
    Check on Ebay for Chevy-Daewoo Lacetti or Chevy Optra performance parts. They are more common for this Daewwo's in Europe than for Suzuki here in the USA. Good luck! :)
  • rafdrafd Member Posts: 1
    hello, i have a problem with my forenza. about a 2 weeks ago the oil light turned on and started to sound like it needed oil, after doing a change of oil and putting more oil in it the problem persisted. so i took it to a mechanic and he apparently didnt know what the problem could be, after a day he decided it was the oil pump and he had to ordered it from suzuki; but after he changed nothing changed, the car had the same problem... so he is still running tests, and i am getting desperate... can somebody tell me if you have heard of this before and what could it be? please
    Geez, I'm assuming you have over 100k miles on it cause this sounds like it falls in the powertrain warranty bounds...
  • byesb1byesb1 Member Posts: 4
    Actually the car has 75,000 and the dealer Honored the 100K warrantee no problem. They even covered the tow from my home to dealer. Didn't tell me why Trans failed just said they will just Replace the transmission. Had to order it would take a week. However here is the bite. Since the car is 4 yrs old & has 75K they offered to put in new clutch $345. If they did it later when they didnt hav it pulled apart under warrente would cost 900! Friend of mine sez if i get trans he would put in for 100. Prob is called 5 places & no one could even Spec order Forenza clutch Could not even get a chilton or hanes manual for this model. So for 345 I get a new trans & clutch.
    Need 2go2 autozone or checker one of those places have a testor they will check your forenza for free. My light has been on for a cam position sensor, cost $60, I found out online this is if there is problems with the timing but since my forenza starts well and runs well I have not yet changed that sensor.
  • melissabelmontmelissabelmont Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2005 Forenza. Within the first 6 months it would either not start or just stall and stop without warning. After the 7th or 8th time of this happening I instructed the tow truck driver when asked "where do you want it taken to?" I simply responded "take it to the junk yard as I don't really care".

After they finally fixed some computer "glitch", all was well until the wheels seemed to want to pull to the right.

Okay for the good news. Some teenager sideswiped it last week and it was a total loss. Insurance co settled with me for far above the actual value. I'm takin the motor out of the lawnmower and attaching it to a shopping cart with the extra money. Now I feel like high maintenance. ~snort snort~

You get what ya pay for. Lesson learned.
  • nforbesnforbes Member Posts: 2
    Did you ever find out what the problem was with your forenza???

I really need to know because I have a forenza with 78, 000 miles and it is doing the same thing that yours is: oil light & engine noise.

Thanks!
    I didn't hav the Oil prob but had transmission stuck in 5th gear at 75,000 miles. The power and drive train has a 100,000 mi, 7 year warrantee check with your dealer. Here in Denver my dealer Replaced the transmission, with a new one and even towed the car from my house to the dealer. Even though they had to order a trans they still got it repaired sooner than they estimated. The service manager warned me before bringing it in that they look for abuse like bald tires in front and good in back like we had been spinning the tires or stuff like that but since wifes car no problemo. I only have 25,000 left on the warrantee but hey got a new transmission. All for free.
  • richarde1richarde1 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2005 forenza and had oil seals blown at about 34k miles. similar symptoms. if your oil is actually going down, this is likely the cause. mine was fully covered (including towing) under warranty. they ultimately had to replace 2 different seals bec the leaks continued after they replaced the first ones (real pain so have them check all seals once they get to the engine). good luck!
    Went to open the hood on 04 Forenza pull the lever and No reisitance at all. Cable still attached to lever but no resistance so did not release the hood. Tried coat hanger pushing & pulling near latch area, no go. Layed on my back to look up, reached up in front of radiator could not see or feel any help. Used screwdriver to pry a bit still no good. I just got the transmission replaced by dealer for free 3 weeks ago, car has 75,000 & dealer honored 100K warranty but dealer says they would not have done anything with hood release to cause it to go Inop. so no help there. Dealer says its a difficult fix, they can do but takes at least 2hrs. Any Ideas? help/thx.
  • dragonfly92277dragonfly92277 Member Posts: 1
    i own a 2006 forenza and it has been in the shop 4 times in the last month for no start problem. Finally tech at suzuki dealership told me they are guessing at fixing the problem cause dawoo/suzuki/gm and a falling out and daewoo wont give the computer codes to fix the problem so suzuki is just keeps program new codes hoping to finally get the right one. tech said its like they are throwing dice on chances. GREAT...... :lemon:
  • mike306mike306 Member Posts: 1
    OK..I just bought (yes, already bought it) a 2006 Forenza. 56k mileage, paid $5800. Seemed like a good deal, but I'm reading about some problems on this site now.

Had some trouble starting it today...is that normal for this car?
    Reviews that I've read have been that it's a good deal for the money...and you get what you pay for. I'm hoping that I didn't buy a lemon!
  • starblockstarblock Member Posts: 2
    I recently had the same problem and it was diagnosed as being an oxygen system problem
  • starblockstarblock Member Posts: 2
    I have a 06 forenza and i recently took it in to be serviced because the engine light was on. I was told that i had coolant leaking and needed an oxygen sensor . repairs totaling 1200 dollars. I took the car home with intension on gettig it fixed in one week i didnt drive the car for three days and when i went to start the car and the motor locked up. i believe this was a defect because i was told this happened because the car overheated. Any way suzuki would not up hold there warranty because i did not get it serviced.Car has 70,000mi does anyone have any similar problems
  • heather7754heather7754 Member Posts: 1
    When I start my forenza in the morning the car just sounds funny....the best way I can describe it as it sounds like one of the cars from the cartoon "The Jetsons"...does anyone else have this issue? It does it no matter what the temp is and after about 10 or 15 minutes it goes away...HELP?!?!?!?
  • jwidejwide Member Posts: 1
    :cry: I purchased an 08 Forenza on 9/5/08. When I got it it had 1285 miles on it...It is still considered new because it was used as a dealer car only. I was the first owner. So yesterday my car started jerking into gear (automatic transmission) about a mile away from home. By the time I pulled in the driveway the car would only roll. The dealership picked it up and brought me a rental. MY TRANSMISSION WENT OUT ON THE CAR! :mad: To top that all off, I am leaving for a business trip 400 miles away and the rental starts acting up check engine light, tire pressure light. I am in my second rental now...anyone else had this problem with the transmission and do you know if putting a new transmission in depreciates the car even more? :lemon:
  • jake78jake78 Member Posts: 7
    I just got done checking over my g/f's 06 forenza after she complained that the engine would rev up before taking off at a stop. Still relatively new at 2 years old i thought this was very odd. I checked the transmission for a dip stick so i could check the level and to my amazement no dip stick. Also could not find anywhere to add fluid. Now i did all this at night with just a flash light so i'm not claiming that i didnt miss something but i did take a good look. When i looked around i noticed a lot of dampness around the bottom of the radiator. I then noticed that the ( or what i'm guessing to be is the transmission cooler) was leaking heavily at the in and out lines. Now i havent worked on cars in years but i do work for cummins engine company and i have to remove coolers from time to time and the set up of this cooler and the lines seem very cheap to me. your problem seems very simalar where it probably drained the trans fluid out and then had no lubrication but you would think that you would have noticed drivability problems first ( i.e. vehicle slipping in and out of gear) but i think its very stupid on suzuki's part to not have a dip stick on the trans...... i guess this is how they keep work comming back.
  • bubbascarbubbascar Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2004 Forenza for my daughter back in February. Thank God there have been no major problems. However, last week my daughter was complaining that her headlights were not working. During the day, the DRLS would come on as normal, but at night, the headlights did not come on. I did some searching and found that Suzuki had a recall for the headlights for the 2004 and 2005 model year. Apparently some soldered connection was faulty. I called American Suzuki over the weekend and left my information with them. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, how was it corrected? Thanks for the help.
  • alexis3alexis3 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Suzuki Forenza POS. I had problems starting my car when I first got it, now I have to pay close to 300.00 dollars to fix a censor that controls my gear shifting. It's not covered under my warrenty, and now I am paying just as much to fix my car as I do for my monthly car payment. :cry: Now I understand that cars need maintanance. My problems with this car is it's like a go cart on bigger wheels. It's only 2 years old, and already having problems. OH and not to mention, it always sounds like it needs an oil change. And I haven't missed an oil change yet. They recalled a part in the headlights, the seatbelts, and the door handles already. Can they just go ahead and recall the whole car, so I can get a more reliable one. The last thing that I need is to be transporting my children somewhere and the engine and transmission to fall out the bottom of the car. :sick: But if you look at all of the reviews...It looks GREAT!!! ;)
  • andresoptraandresoptra Member Posts: 1
    hi, my name is andres im from bogota, colombia, i`ve a chevrolet optra or suzuki forenza its the same thing i`ve and a question bout my car in the last days, i dont why i saw one light on the board is the check light, but this is normal in my car after clan the engine but i just going to do it a scan for solution this problem, but yesterday i did the scan and today when i turn on my car the light turn on too, somebody have the same problem, if yes can u yelp me please thks
  • jeng2jeng2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi! I have an '06 Forenza that I have just recently been having problems with. My first was the check engine light - Took it to Suzuki dealer and it ended up being a "Gas Cap" issue. Meaning the gasket around the gas cap wasn't "Sealing" properly. They fixed it. Yeah!

Next problem: Steering wheel light with Exclaimation point! (left side of dash). This light repeatedly comes on - mostly in cold weather I am seeing (I live in MN). Took it to the dealer TWICE. First time, they couldn't find the problem - said it was "Low Steering Wheel fluid". They topped it off. Next day, Lights on again - drive car back (46 miles) and they find out it's a wire that is sorta loose and needed to be pushed back in ....$100 later and I'm on my way - - next day - YEP, light on again. Is anyone having this issue?? What is the problem?

Last B$*%H...The tires! I just bought new ALL WEATHER tires with 70K warranty Oct/07. After leaving the dealer, they said my tires are in terrible condition and that I desperately need NEW ONES! I took it back to GoodYear and they said that it is a CAR issue the way the car drives low to the ground, the "toe" and the make of this type of car - - that tires just don't last long. I put less than 18K on these tires over a year and 1/2 and I need NEW ones already! Is anyone else having this problem and if so, can you recommend a GREAT tire. This is ridiculous! :confuse: :cry:
  • lynn98lynn98 Member Posts: 9
    I do have problems with the last 2 issues you are talking about. The first time my light with the exclamation point came on was because my tire was going flat so I had that fixed. now it comes on sometimes in cold weather but it is due to the part that I may have a bad bearing, so I am taking it to Firestone and having my front end inspected (Suzuki dealer can't seem to figure out the issue DUH how stupid can a dealership be?). That light by the way, is the Tire Pressure Monitoring System so get your tire pressure checked.
    So due to the fact that we have the crappy tires issue, is probably why the light keeps coming on. I did just buy new tires (all four) from Firestone but have not had the bearing checked yet, so I will update you when I find out. Should be next week when I get my tax return. I bought the car in February 2007.
    To be honest it was my first Suzuki ever, and I am used to Chevrolets. I had, however, had my truck repossessed and am now stuck with this crappy, foreign car! I cannot wait until I pay it off I am turning it in and getting another Chevy. As long as GM is still around!
    By the way, did you take your car to the dealer when you saw these problems? Take it somewhere else and get a second opinion. If you like Firestone, you can get better tires there and $22 is all it costs for them to check your front end out.
  • jeng2jeng2 Member Posts: 2
    That makes perfect sense that since my tires are going down the tube again, that the light would come on. Thanks I will mention that to the GoodYear guy when I bring the car in next week as well. Yes, I've taken it to the Suzuki dealership I bought it from 3x now and they still didn't fix the problem. They know I'm coming back soon though and if this continues to happen

Honestly, I am just starting to have issues with this car and have been very pleased with it up until now. Would figure it's 3 years old right - - isn't that when the problems start to appear? I bought it brand new and it was a "will do for now" car when I got it as I HAD to dump my CRAPPY Jeep Grand Cherokee (please save yourself $ and NEVER EVER buy a Jeep! They are HORRIBLE trucks).

@ us that about! :confuse:

Good Year is honoring the 70K warranty but I have to pay the difference on what I've driven on teh tires (18K miles vs. 70K warranty) which means they are giving me $60/tire. I have to pay the $40 additional for a BETTER tire that may or may not last more than 20K miles. :mad:

Please let me know what Firestone says about your car. And I'll do the same. :)
  • suzzie033suzzie033 Member Posts: 5
    I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 06, MY DEALER IS TRYIN TO FORCE SUZUKI TO PAY TO FIX IT, HOWEVER I AM SURE THEY WONT. IF I KNEW HOW TO START A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT I WOULD. I AM A SINGLE MOTHER OF 5 AND CANT AFFORD THIS.
  • halfpint2484halfpint2484 Member Posts: 1
    my husband and i went to test drive a 2004 suzuki forenza, and as we were pulling in to buy the thing....it just died. the motor shut down and all the lights on the dash came on. my husband turned the key off and then restarted it, it came on no problem, but we couldn't figure out what the problem was. has anyone else had this kind of problem. we're just glad it happened BEFORE we bought it. it would have be horrible to buy it and then break down on the way home! :surprise:
  • dcrisforddcrisford Member Posts: 1
    This seems to be a common problem with everybody who owns a Forenza.
    I was stupid enough to believe that is Suzuki made a good motorcycle then their car would be good also. NO WAY, NO DEAL, NO HOW, HOW STUPID!
    I have found the Range Selector Switch is bad. There is no way to buy the part over the counter and the warranty is 36K for this part.
    Combined with the "road noise" and the other recalls I'm trading this POS as soon as I can............
    I hope those who are searching for a Suzuki purchase find this info before they buy.
    Suzuki does not have a "complaint" page anywhere and the dealers only want to charge you for what should be a "warranty" item.

VERY DISSATISFIED................I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SUZUKI PRODUCT AND AM CONSIDERING NEVER BUYING ANOTHER FOREIGN CAR EVER AGAIN...............
    GO AMERICAN, AT LEAST WE HAVE THE PARTS HERE.........

:mad: :sick: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • therealbigunittherealbigunit Member Posts: 2
    My tires wear pretty quick as well.... usually about every 25-30k I should need to get new ones unfortunately.... and because of the style (y'all know what i mean lol) i pretty much HAVE to get V-rated @ about 125 bucks per tire :-\ fun fun!

But.... anyways about the power steering... my pwr steering light almost always comes on during the winter/ when its cold out. Number one, you almost have to let the car warm up for at least 10 minutes. Number two... if you ever hear a knock/clicking sound that sounds like it'd be bad oil... THINK AGAIN. At one point I heard continuous knocking/clicking that sounded like it was a cold engine but would continue even after the engine was plenty warm (say like going 80 down the highway for at least a half hour). Well... my power steering pump blew out shortly after (inside a month or so?). Ran me between 170-180 for most places to get a rebuilt pump however I get a discount at car quest which I got it for about 155. And you may as well switch out the Serpentine belt while you're in there.
  • therealbigunittherealbigunit Member Posts: 2
    Ok so... as i said in my last post my pwr steering pump blew out which was back in about mid january. I got that fixed middle of March. After about a week or so one night on the way home after i pulled in my driveway i sat there for a moment for whatever reason and felt the engine studder a little bit. Didn't think anything of it at the time just thought it was wierd. Well the next day I when i went to go to the grocery store before work I went to gas it and it hesitated BAD but then was ok for the next hour or so. I left for work, slowed down for a dog in the middle of the road and tried gassing it again. Same problem. Now it's gotten to the point where I have to start the thing up at every break (roughly 2 1/3-3 hours) just to keep it warm because if it sits too long in the cold(er) weather I have to pump the gas while trying to turn it over to get her started up. I thought (and the error code confirms it) that the car was misfiring, however I've no clue as to what the problem is.

I've changed the spark plugs AGAIN because the day I blew my pump I changed them out and pulled out bosch splitfires (have any effect i don't know?) Changed out the spark plug cables, had a fuel line cleaner ran through it (otc stuff at walmart and the shop's own little thing where they run it through the whole system air filter switched and oil change for the hell of it. Nothing has worked so far. The only thing better is that and maybe its because of the warmer weather finally though, is the shop's fuel line/injector clean, but the car still has an extreme difficulty starting and I still have to time it right and pump the gas real quick for several seconds to get it completely turned over. Currently I'm getting either a pcm problem from a mech i know, possible bad coil pack from the dealership, or IDFK. I'm guessing at the pcm or a bad censor since it has trouble starting in cold weather.

Any takers? I haven't seen anyone w/ this particular problem yet........

btw.. DONT BUY SUZUKI. Every problem listed I've had thus far, headlights, Day lamps, tires, power steering, door handle lock on the driver side.... yeah. She ran BEAUTIFULLY until I hit 80k.

Oh btw... as far as the tranny, i had to have it flushed apparently right after i first bought it (april of 05 at 12k). No probs but its always slipped gears around 30mph and 2k rpms.
  • 8str8rollin8str8rollin Member Posts: 9
    From what I've heard it's been a real problem keeping the GM/Daewoo parts in stock, GM isn't supported its end of the bargain with supplying Suzuki with sufficient parts for these Daewoo vehicles. Fortunately Suzuki decided not to continue to allow GM to dump these Daewoo cars on the Suzuki lots and place Suzuki emblems on them. You might want to considering taking your Daewoo back to the Suzuki lot where you bought it, and getting an ACTUAL Suzuki made car instead of a Daewoo with a Suzuki emblem on it. Check out the Suzuki SX4 or SX4 Sport, I think you would be much happier with it and you would be getting a much better build quality and reliability than with you Daewoo (Suzuki Forenza/Chevy Corsa).
  • 8str8rollin8str8rollin Member Posts: 9
    Many people are having problems such as the ones you mentioned with these Daewoo cars. They are usually fine until around 50k to 80k, and then the Daewoo design and build starts having one problem after another. Since GM made Suzuki sell these Daewoo rebadges, I would suggest you take the car back to your Suzuki dealer and just trade it in on an actual Suzuki made vehicle, not a Daewoo with a Suzuki emblem on it. I would recommend you try the Suzuki SX4 or SX4 Sport, as that car is an actual Suzuki, NOT a Daewoo! Now that Suzuki has purchased back its stock from GM, they no longer have to sell Daewoo's which was a bad deal in the first place. Sorry to hear you got stuck with a Daewoo, hope you get a chance to drive a real Suzuki, not a rebadge.