Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Audio & Entertainment Questions

Comments

• caradiodoccaradiodoc Member Posts: 4
    Classic example of a blown fuse. The 12 volt memory circuit is missing, that's why the clock restarts at 12:00 when you turn on the ignition switch. You will also find the station presets go back to the factory presets.

On many radio models, the memory feed circuit also runs the output amplifiers. That's why the no sound is the symptom and the clock issue is the clue. That 2nd radio fuse is usually labeled something else that's hot all the time. "Interior Lights" is a common one.

caradiodoc
  • katybelle77494katybelle77494 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for all your postings because you all have saved me hundreds of dollars today. I bought an AV/RCA cable for 5 bucks and plug it into the aux inputs on my dvd 5 disc changer and it works fine for years, then it works intermittently and stops working all together. I went to Chrysler today and they told me I need to replace my dvd changer. I went to a car stereo place and they want $200 to install an ipod adapter to my car cd player.
    OK this is how the auxiliary inputs work with your ipod using a RCA cable: you have to turn the volume of the ipod to MAXIMUM. That is so simple it makes me laugh at myself for being so silly and stupid. I forgot that I turn down the volume on my ipod to use the earphones and forgot to turn it back on when I plug it into the aux inputs and all I got is the message NO DISC on the screen. As soon as I crank the volume up on the ipod itself, the screen changes to AUX. Good luck to all!
  • pacifica04pacifica04 Member Posts: 1
    i bought a 04 pacifica ang i got a basic am/fm single cd factory stereo and i dont have a factory amp and my sound system is not premium and i try to put a aftermarket stereo on it and i use this basic stereo wire harness for pacifica, there is a power on it everything is working but there is no sound at all.. can u tell me guys what is wrong on it?
  • streeter1906streeter1906 Member Posts: 2
    I too have a 2007 Pacifica. basic radio thats turns on but no sound. Even purchased a new radio that does exactly the same thing. As far as I can see no amp in the car. More interesting aspect is the radio sometimes has sound then cuts out after only a few minutes. The radio never loses time or presets. HELP!
  • 04pacman04pacman Member Posts: 23
    The one problem with using an aftermarket is that Chrysler uses a PCI bus system (essentially 2 cables to carry the signals for all speakers). The power will work because that is part of the plug at the deck but for the audio from the deck goes to the back of the Pac to an amp (even on the basic systems) which is underneath the back storage deck then from there it feeds out to the speakers. I know they make amp wiring kits and such which you can add in so you can use the factory amp. Me, I took out the factory amp. In order to do that I ran new cables all the way back and used wiring harness to plug in. was a labor intense job but well worth it. If interested here are some pics of the aftermarket I put in as well as the cable used. My media Install Pics

Let me know if you have other questions and I’ll try and answer.

Later, Rick
  • streeter1906streeter1906 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Rick, my only problem is I didnt buy an after market radio I purchased a brand new model from Chrysler so compatibility issues wouldn't come up. Also are you sure every Pacifica has an amp? Thats what seems to be the problem but I can't seem to find it. All that is back under the storage compartment is the sirius reciever.
  • 04pacman04pacman Member Posts: 23
    Hi Streeter, Sorry I thought I hit reply on pacifica 04’s inquiry.. My understanding is all Pacifica’s have an amp. The amp is more like a processing unit than amp. If you follow the wires from your Sirius box they should run into the amp. If it’s not under the storage check it should be located in the right rear corner of vehicle behind the trim. I would also recommend you open the fuse box in the engine compartment and check to see if you have a blown fuse. . Here’s a pic of what my factory amp looked like and the location
    Hope it helps.
    Rick
  • alb1234alb1234 Member Posts: 1
    I own 2006 Signature Series -Radio (AM/FM, Sirius, DVD, CD Changer) and the unit stop working. I have checked the fuses that are fine, navigation still works and so do the other systems. But the radio does not work, I do not want to replace the radio does anybody have some suggestions. Or do have to bite the bullet and go to a mechanic.
  • black2gsblack2gs Member Posts: 2
    If no one has told you yet you will need to get this unit for you to get sound. Metra Electronics Corp. - CHTO-01
  • ghammofohioghammofohio Member Posts: 1
    my cd/dvd changer is inoperable. The lights just continually flash and cd's cannot be inserted or ejected. It constantly makes a sound like it is trying to cycle. How do I remove the radio and unplug the wiring harness ?
  • helpdvdquest1helpdvdquest1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi I know you posted this awhile ago, just wondering if you ever got the OEM DVD installed? I have an 06 that I have a factory DVD in dash, 6 disk and factory monitor with no wiring.

I would like to install this but wondering what lessons you learned and if you had to purchase extra wiring etc.

Any information would be greatly helpful/apprecaited.
    Thanks!
  • driving4driving4 Member Posts: 1
    The rear passenger speaker recently stopped working. All the other speakers are fine. We took a trip and some things were stored under the seats, could we have messed up some wiring. I can't find anything obvious. Any suggestions???
  • daretb1daretb1 Member Posts: 1
    the radio in my 05 pacifica stopped changing channels and is this a fatal problem?
  • chrysler2004chrysler2004 Member Posts: 2
    Hello I have this vehicle too. and the amp is in the trunk part under the mat. I also have this problem. I have a 04 Pacifica, and my radio/cd player turns on, even still plays dvd's, but there is no sound. I also bought a new cd player from chrysler the exact same one that was in the car so I wouldnt have any compatibility problems, it didnt fix the sound though. I also checked the amp and purchased the exact one new from chrysler to swap them out, and still no volume, I also checked the fuses. Do you have any advice for me how I can fix this? Thank you.
  • chrysler2004chrysler2004 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 04 pacifica, and the radio/cd/dvd player turns on fine, and even plays dvds on the screen, but there is no sound. I have bought a brand new radio new from chrysler, the exact same one that was originally in the car, just swaped them out, and no volume, I have checked all the fuses under the hood, I have also went to chysler and swaped out the amp for a new one, the exact same one that was originally in the car so there is no compatibility issues. Can anyone help me or suggest what to do next to get my volume to work? Thank you.
  • siga1971siga1971 Member Posts: 2
    ALL MY 6 DVD LIGHTS ARE ON BUT IT IS NOT EJECTING.. HOW DO I FIX THIS.
    FOR CRYSLER 2005 PACIFICA
  • siga1971siga1971 Member Posts: 2
    I HAVE SAME PROBLEM.. SO IS IT NOW WORKING? WHAT WAS SOLUTION.
    IF YOU CAN LET ME KNOW THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
    SIGA1971@JUNO.COM
  • gregski1gregski1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Pacifica with the single CD player (no 6 disc changer) and I cannot seem to get it to read CD's that I burn on my Mac. I am burning audio-only CD's and not DVDs or MP3 CD's....I have had three other cars that have had no issue reading audio CDs that I burn....

Does anyone have any experience burning audio CDs on a Mac that works with this stereo? Do I need to use another program than iTunes? Would an external CD-burner help?

I have not had much luck using the RCA jack auto-sensing input thing -- as it drops my iPod during quiet parts between songs - so i have no way to play my own music in the car at the moment! Any help would be appreciated as I have a long road trip ahead....
  • runewraithrunewraith Member Posts: 2
    This is from a previous post:

OK this is how the auxiliary inputs work with your ipod using a RCA cable: you have to turn the volume of the ipod to MAXIMUM. That is so simple it makes me laugh at myself for being so silly and stupid. I forgot that I turn down the volume on my ipod to use the earphones and forgot to turn it back on when I plug it into the aux inputs and all I got is the message NO DISC on the screen. As soon as I crank the volume up on the ipod itself, the screen changes to AUX. Good luck to all!

Someone posted that he makes his CD's using Roxio Easy
  • runewraithrunewraith Member Posts: 2
    I have a Mac too. Try this - record a Data DVD using ITunes. Plug a external portable DVD player to the RCA jacks and play your music that way. Should work. Let me know if it does. My wife has our 2008 Pacifica and is out of town or I'd try it myself.
  • slemkeslemke Member Posts: 1
    We have an 05 Pacifica Limited with the 6 CD-DVD player in the dash. We have no monitor but would like to watch movies with it. It has the RCA A/V jacks. What do we need for a monitor and how do we hook it up?
  • buck41buck41 Member Posts: 1
    Any fix discovered for this problem?
  • billpaulabillpaula Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2007 used Pacifica. It has a factory DVD and also CD in the dash system. There is a DVD screen on the roof for the back rows of seats. We cannot figure out if we can use headphones and play a movie on the DVD screen for the back seats while we listen to the CD player or radio in the main part of the car. Anyone have help for us? Also I just got a set of headphones that do not seem to work they are for wireless dual channel IR system but they do not seem to work with our Pacifica.
  • ace24ace24 Member Posts: 4
    I put headrest tvs in my pacifica to use the in dash 6 disc dvd changer. I also had to rig up my own wiring to make it work. With that said you can listen to the radio while the kids watch a movie with headphones. The ONLY way that I know how to do this is use the factory wireless remote to control the sounds. I am not aware of onboard controls to adjust.
  • ace24ace24 Member Posts: 4
    You ever get your lcds installed? I installed 2 tv headrests in my 04 pacifica. My pacifica came with a factory cd player and a factory 6 disc dvd changer. But stupid them they didnt put in a monitor for the dvds. So I bought two headrest monitors off ebay and hooked them up to the dvd changer and it works great. I created my own wiring. I am not skilled in this area either.
  • sonya706sonya706 Member Posts: 2
    Congrats on your purchase love my pacifica. I had a similar problem and realized I had the wrong head phones. Had purchased some that were supposed to work from Ebay. Eventually purchased some from the Chrysler dealer. Now I just activate head phones with remote in the car. (head phones won't work in the front seat) then switch to radio, satellite, cassette, or cd . . . movie will come through head phones music through the car . . . good luck!
  • hillsj2hillsj2 Member Posts: 1
    I want to add an aftermarket head unit with nav/BT/XM/Ipod/etc but still retain the OEM flip down screen. does someone have the pinout of the DVD changer to the screen. pinout of the DVD to head unit would be nice too but not sure i will need. If the audio to the LCD screen IR comes from the head unit i will need that too.
    thanks.
  • diggitydesignsdiggitydesigns Member Posts: 3
    Hey all, new to this forum. I just purchased an 04' Pacifica fully loaded. It has the 6 disc dvd/cd changer with the roof mounted monitor. I see that the volume and source selection is made with the upper single disc/radio unit. I want to install my aftermarket deck. I pretty much know how to install everything except that I do not know how I will control the 6 disc dvd/cd changer with my aftermarket deck? Im assuming there might be a custom cable that can be attached to the 6 disc dvd/cd changer to work with my aftermarket deck. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

thanks, Damon
  • maryj1968maryj1968 Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I just purchased a used 2007 Pacifica too. I need more info on how to get my headphones to work with the radio. Exactly what do I have to do. I've tried everything. We finally got the headphones to work, but the sound still comes thru speakers too. When I press the mode to change to radio, it stops the dvd. Any help you can give me is great. I'm really getting tired of hearing Spongebob going down the road. LOL Thanks!
    Nevermind.. took waaayyyy too long for anyone to reply. Already figured it all out. Thanks...
    If its anything like my 04, you need to have the remote. You use the remote to turn the headphones on, then you will be able to change the music or whatever in the front to what you want.. Hope that helps..
  • duddly101duddly101 Member Posts: 7
    I have an 07 PAC,with 6 disc changer, radio, DVD player (no screen/monitor). PAC also is equipped with NAV system, and the screen is located behind the speedo on dash. I would like to replace the radio, dvd, and 6 disc changer with an aftermarket all inclusive dvd, MP3, and gps nav system. Does anyone know of any such products?
  • stephb1500stephb1500 Member Posts: 1
    I have the 6-disc/DVD changer, but no screens. Can anyone tell me what model overhead screen or headrest screens you were able to hook up? If you have any info on remote or headphones that would be great too.
  • cher14cher14 Member Posts: 1
    My pacifica DVD player will not load a new DVD and then ERROR pops up on the display. Any help?
  • duddly101duddly101 Member Posts: 7
    I have same 6 disc changer, dvd, with video, audio inputs. I found a company in PA that sells the overhead screen, for around 300 bucks. I had the site saved to FAV but lost it when pc crashed. I just never followed up with it. The screen came with a template to help mark and identify the mounting bracket behind the headliner. If you look closely under certain light conditions, you can see the faint outline. If memory serves me as well, a cable was included to interface the screen to your system. It ran from the screen across to the front passenger "A" pillar where the dash,windshield and pillar meet. There, you plug and play to a cable already factory installed. This cable runs back to the dvd. To check of you have the cable, gently remove several covers and remove mounting screws. It should be visible.
  • oceanus212oceanus212 Member Posts: 2
    I'm trying to install the Intermezzo Stereo upgrade in a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. Have the parts figured out. Does anyone know how to remove the rear side panel to allow the speaker housing to be installed? Thanks.
  • kati_baby78kati_baby78 Member Posts: 1
    I am driving a Pacifica Touring 2007 with a factory Audio with DVD Player. I do wanna get some after market headrest monitors for both sides. Since I can´t connect the factory audio with the after market monitors i will need an adapter but i dont have a clue which one would work. maybe someone could help???
  • workingman4workingman4 Member Posts: 2
    I feel your pain - I have a similar question - Does the 2006 come with an Aux in for your mps3 player?

link title
  • jrm6jrm6 Member Posts: 1
    Have you figured this out yet. I just purchased a used 2007 and I am having the same issue.
  • oceanus212oceanus212 Member Posts: 2
    Not yet. Spent sometime looking at it, it's not obvious.
  • krazakkrazak Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica with an RAH stereo with the single disc player and satellite radio. I was looking to add an auxilory port to the stereo but everything I have found shows that the add on does not work with the RAH stereo. I was wondering if there was anything available that would allow me to hook up an auxilory port. We do not use the satellite radio so if unhooking this would allow the auxilory port to be added I would be willing to do this as well. Any help or answers anyone would have would be greatly appreciated!
  • chez6chez6 Member Posts: 1
    This almost drove me insane due to the simplicity of the situation, but yet made so complicated by Chrysler. You can now purchase any headrest or center monitor and have it installed directly to the DVD system without having to purchase an expense wire harness from the dealership. What we did was remove the DVD system and on the top it has a diagram for a 12 pin and a 16 pin connector.

The 16 is used to power and connect the dvd to the vehicle and the 12 pin is set up to take your factory screen. What we did was simply connect a RCA Video input to the number 6 (Video Signal) using a 3/16" Insulated Quick Disconnect. We striped the rca wire, connected it to the QD, then cut it in half, tighten it a little to fit directly into the video signal pin; also glued it so it would stick.

You can also set up the audio using the same method so you can utilize a headset, but you will need the remote which is about $60 at Chrysler to enable it.
  • jeffymanjeffyman Member Posts: 1
    Can someone tell me why after replacing the factory stereo with an aftermarket my speakers do no work. I also installed the wiring harness to adapt the new stereo to the existing harness but I am getting no sound. Please help! Oh yea, it is a 2007 Pacifica Touring with the standard AM/FM single disc cd. 7 speakers including the center channel speaker @ the middle of the dash. No sub that I'm aware of but may have a seperate amp for all speakers????
  • slayerkrzeslayerkrze Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring and when ever I have my car phone charger plugged into the ignition power port, the speakers cut out at random times and remain out for random lengths of time too. What could be causing this?
  • tony6435tony6435 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Pacifica. I removed the factory installled (malfunctioning) disc changer P05094031AA and installed a used changer (same model) It ejects the disc after 1-2 min of trying to read it and displays ERROR in the radio display. Does the changer require reprogramming to work or is it malfunction also?
  • jessi3jessi3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi i have a 2005 chrysler pacifica touring that has all the works, including the in-dash 6 DVD/CD changer. i have owned this car for a year now and everything has worked fine intill a few months ago my battery went dead and i jumped my call and then all of a sudden by dvd changer stoped working that lights still come on but when u eject the dvds it just clicks and says error also when u try and play a dvd.... i have looked everywhere for help on this and have found nothing can someone please help!!!!
  • cee3peocee3peo Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,
    I like your idea to use a 3/16" Insulated Quick Disconnect and cut it in half so you have a pin to plug in to the inside of a Female RCA connector. I did just what you posted by connecting to the #6 (Grey/Orange) Video signal. Question though. That only connects the video signal. What about the outer ring on the RCA connector? What wire from the 12-pin harness did you connect and how?
    Thanks!
  • pacifichapacificha Member Posts: 2
    My 2005 just started this same exact issue. It's been so long since someone posted to this, but how did you resolve this issue. What was the problem? Was it a fuse, loose wire, bad radio or amp?
  • pacifichapacificha Member Posts: 2
    My 2005 Pacifica started this same problem a couple months now and I am trying my best not to a whole new system. How did you ever resolve this issue? Was it a fuse, bad radio? Help anyone? By the way, no amp in the right back or under rear compartment? Where else can it be?
  • qckslvrqckslvr Member Posts: 3
    Hi. I sure hope someone can help me with this problem before I pull all my hair out!

I, too, have a 2004 Pacifica with all the bells and whistles. Brought it new in April, 2003. I recently returned from an extended vacation to find the battery in the car dead. I charged it overnight and everything seemed happy the next morning. Everything, that is, except for the radio and entertainment system. Now the radio powers up and displays stations, disc tracks and tape position indications, but without sound. The DVD system projects video on the screen, but also without sound (although I CAN hear DVD audio through the headsets).

I've read of many others who have also experienced this problem, but here's the "new twist" I have never seen reported before: The radio controls on the steering wheel are now also inoperative, and the radio (RBP) no longer accesses the factory 6-disc changer. Pressing the "Mode" button selects either the tape or single-disc player (without sound), but never goes to the multi-disc changer. Everything else in the car (Nav. system, cruise control, etc.) functions normally.

I've checked all the underhood fuses, and I've removed the radio and had it bench-tested. No problems found. I've also tried a replacement amp. (boneyard) and still no sound. I'm pretty much at my wit's end at this point, and very frustrated. BTW, I've spoken with five different dealer Service Managers, and each has said he's never heard of this problem before. Seems a little odd.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.