Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G35 Tires and Wheels

Comments

• bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    The G35 Coupes go through tires like candy. I'm planning on replacing my rears with the General Exclaims for a price of around $120 each delivered from Tirerack. They have gotten a good rating and most important should last somewhat longer than the factory RSAs which are crap on the back of my car but work well on the front. Front feathering is a major issue on the Coupes which cause horrible road roar after 8,000 miles. Tires are the biggest expense of ownership for the G35 Coupes.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I don't know about your coupe but when I traded my '05 coupe w/ about 18K miles, it still had about 50% thread left.
  • bankerdanbankerdan Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone run 245 45 18's on all four corners of a 2005 Infinity G35 sedan? Does the tire fit under the front fender?
  • darrinzramzdarrinzramz Member Posts: 24
    Hi,I have a 2004 Infiniti G35 sedan and I run 245 x 45 18" Bridgestone RE960AS's they seem to fit no problem I have had them rotated at 5,000miles and my mechanic did not notice ANY unusual wear problems w/tires or any scraping thanks Darrin :)
  • esfoadesfoad Member Posts: 210
    I have an 05 X and I run 18" rims all around with General Exclaim 245/45/18 tires for the summer. Never a rub or any other issues. My car is NOT dropped so I'm not sure what effect that might have. I run the stock 17's and Goodyear RSA's for the winter.
  • infinitiOHinfinitiOH Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the performance wheels have to be installed at the factory or can it be done at the dealership? I didn't know if this package requires some kind of special calibration. Any help would be appreciated.
  • pscheidpscheid Member Posts: 190
    I am not aware of any special mounting issues that would require factory mounting. My Infinity dealer does all that, but I think any reputable wheel/tire facikity could do the job for you. TireRack provides a list of recommended shops they use around your zip code.

Having had my factory installed performance wheels seriously gouged during a simple new tire mounting and balancing plus an alignment at the largest tire distrbutor in the NE US, I would advise caution, whether you have this done at your Infinity dealership or elsewhere. Trust no one and be a little proactive.

First, have the service writer acknowledge in writing the exact condition of the performance wheels AND the ones they are taking off the car. Use your camera phone to substantiate each wheels' condition BEFORE they touch the car. Just so everyone is on the same page. You don't want to get into an after-the-fact dispute like I did over who did what and when to the wheels.

Second, have the service writer also acknowledge in writing that your car is being dropped off with the tire pressure monitoring system intact and not warning there is already an issue. After the tire dealer agreed to pay to have 3 of my 4 wheels refurbished and the new tires remounted and rebalanced, they screwed up the tire pressure monotoring.

All this to just get some new tires and an alignment.

The guy who refurbished the wheels was surprised. According to him, the tire dealership and location I had selected had a solid reputation for being careful and meticulous, plus they had all of the latest equipment with wheel protection attachments to prevent any customer dissatisfaction. So I asked hi what he thought happened and he said "New employee or one under the influence."

Good luck!
  • glass22glass22 Member Posts: 1
    Time to replace original Bridgestones (225/50R 18 & 245/45R 18) that came on vehicle with only 18K miles on vehicle! Looking for good advice on tires that will hopefully last longer! Live in TX.
    yes I have a tire that is on my Infiniti G35 sedan,they are Bridgestone Potenza's RE960AS's they are a great rain tire and dry handling,and if you rotate them every 5,000miles you're suppose to get around 45,000miles out of them,Darrin
    While I have an 04 rwd Coupe, I too was looking for a tire that could exceed the oem Michelin Pilot Sports (summer tires) in a number of areas. Sorry, ultimate grip and handling on dry roads was not a consideration this time. I didn't expect to get a lot of miles on a summer tire because of the rubber compound used, but I did hit 30K miles when I replaced them (should have replaced at 25K but was too busy researching my next tire).

I had had enough of what went along with the Michelins' unquestioned quality and exceptional dry performance. They rode hard (as expected), became annoyingly noisy early on, had marginal wet weather performance, and of course (as with any summer tire) forced us to garage the car at the hint of a snowflake.

Like Darrin, I also selected the Bridgestone Potenza RE960 Pole Position ultra high performance all season tires. I wanted a tire that could allow my wife and I to drive in moderate snow without the expense of dedicated wheels and snow tires for winter. This tire was the #2 A/S tire for snow and ice in the consumer rankings on TireRack's website. We were able to get through the winter up here in the Northeast, driving the car in snow for the first time. Not as good as snow tires, granted. But I wanted one set of tires for year around driving.

The improvement in ride quality and the reduction in road noise was so noticeable that even my wife positively commented on it the first time she took the car out for a drive. The tire is UTQG rated at 400 and came with a 40,000 mile treadwear warranty which, based on our driving habits, we won't achieve. :)

In Texas your needs may be different. The roads in the Northeast get hammered by the winters. The result: frost heaves, potholes, and road patches. This tire handles the imperfect road surfaces and really kicks up the enjoyment factor of the G a few notches for us.

Not the cheapest tire out there, but a great alternative to consider on your sedan.
    The G35 sedan does not have issues with front inside feathering or premature rear tire wear. You can easily get 30K out of a set of sedan tires. The Coupe is plagued with the issues discussed above.
  • orlando_gorlando_g Member Posts: 1
    I own an infiniti G35X Sedan 2004, and wanted to know if I can install the G35 coupe mags on it (Front: 225-45-18 Rear:245-45-18).
    I've been told they're compatible, but I keep on getting an AWD Error message.
    The X requires all 4 corners to have tires that are the same diameter for the AWD to function properly. The choices are to buy 4 wheels/tires that are the same size, buy larger tires for the front wheels so that the diameter/circumference is the same as thye rear (may also look funny) or take out the fuse for the AWD system when these wheels are on your vehicle. I have an 05 X and went with 4 wheels that are 8" wide and 245/45/18 tires all around. This way I preserve the AWD during the summer months. I run stock wheels/tires in the winter.
    I got my 04 Coupe with the optional performance wheel and tire package. This included the 7 spoke wheels, upgraded tires, a limited slip differential, and some additional interior trim. Are these the wheels that are being discussed?

Although the 04 Infinity brochure stated the optional wheels were 8" in width, I seem to recall someone posting the rears were actually .5" wider. Yet when I had to get a replacement wheel on the rear, the Infinity dealer repair service ordered two of the exact same wheels to insure a color match with the originals, at least on the same side of the car. That would indicate all 4 wheels are indeed 8".
  • slimdudeslimdude Member Posts: 6
    I have an 04 G35 and would appreciate any help on the following.Can anyone suggest a product that work's well on removing brake dust from the rim's.This appear's to be a common problem with the 03 and 04 model's.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Yes, The 18" factory rims on the Coupe are 8" in diameter on all the rims. The 17" facotory rims have different diameters with 7.5" on front and 8.0" on rear.
    I put 245/45ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus XL tires on the original rims on all four corners on a 2005 sport sedan 6MT. The day after I put them on, I got snowed into the parking lot at work (in Wisconsin). I started it up and drove away pushing snow all the way. NO PROBLEM. I don't have many miles on them yet, but they also have great traction on wet and dry roads.There are a lot more tire options for the 245/45 than the 235's. $$$
  • agm1agm1 Member Posts: 11
    I have had success by first cleaning the wheels with Simple Green or autowash detergent. Then dry the wheels. Apply wheel wax or any good wax with a microfiber cloth and wipe the residue away. When brake dust appears just spray with a hose. The waxed surface will allow the water to wash away the brake dust. Eventually you will need to use a brush with soap and water or a good carwash and you will be set for another few weeks. I have used this process since 2004 and have had good results.
    I agree completely. Wax. Weekly quick washing, and I mean quick. Bought a wheel brush with a handle and 3 inch very soft bristles that don't scratch the wheel surface and gets into all of the nooks and crannies. Six winters, no issues.

Now if I can just get the wife to avoid potholes, concrete curbs, and the 4 inch 90 degree dropoffs when only half of a road has been repaved, I'll be all set. Any cure for that short of putting 75 series wheels on the car? Thought not. :cry:
  • rhard49rhard49 Member Posts: 226
    Now if I can just get the wife to avoid potholes, concrete curbs, and the 4 inch 90 degree dropoffs when only half of a road has been repaved, I'll be all set.

Haha I have one of those I banished her to the family Honda. :)
    If the factory rims are not cleaned regularly, the brake dust gets imbedded into the paint and it becomes a major ordeal to remove. You will see a black residue on the silver paint that will not come off easily. I will asume that clay bar will help with this removal, but have not tried it yet. I too had waxed my wheels on different ocassions but it became too much of a hassel.
  • daronson1daronson1 Member Posts: 1
    2008 G35X w/ std 17" wheels. 35K miles, just replace all 4 tires yesterday, and the mechanic couldn't get one of the valve stem caps off. They are the chrome stem and chrome cap, and the tire pressure sensor is attached inside the wheel. He didn't want to force it in fear of breaking the sensor. He put 3 tires on and advised I go to the dealer as it is still under warranty. I have a feeling the dealer will admonish me for not servicing regularly (other than oil changes) and tell me there's nothing he can do. Has anyone had this happen, what can I try? When I try to turn the cap, the inner stem moves as well, and I don't know if the cap will come loose first or the sensor will break first. I tried a little WD-40 yesterday, but didn't seem to help.

Thanks.
    The dealer is not going to admonish you. They are not concerned why or how this happened. On a 2008 (newer) my guess is, based on my experience with Infinity service which has been very satisfying, that they will be anxious to please you and have a mechanic walk over and remove the cap with no muss, no fuss, and no waiting for the car.

You certainly don't want the unnecessary expense of replacing a wheel sensor on your dime, nor would anyone. But the fact is the cap has to come off. I am somewhat surprised your own mechanic wouldn't just tell you of the problem, the risk, and let you make a decision while the new tires were being installed, letting you make the decision on the spot.

Whoever does the removal, they are going to have to clean the stem and cap, grab the stem close to the cap with some vise-grips, and use pliers to rotate the cap off. My 04 came with metal valve stem caps that looked like chrome. The mechanic may even cover the stem with a thin cloth to avoid gouging or scratching the stem. The vise-grips holding the stem stationary should protect the stem from any damaging twisting or torquing until the cap is loose, even if it was misthreaded when it went on in the first place.

One pet peave of mine is improper over-torquing of lug nuts. So many installers do not follow correct torquing specifications. They overtighten the lugs using the air impact wrench rather than the torque wrench because it is faster and easier for them, and they don't have to worry about a lug nut coming off during their "watch." Then if you get a flat and you have to change a tire yourself, you are stuck! You can't get the lug nuts off. One tire dealer was rotating my tires (20 year customer) and had the ignorance to ask me "Who torqued these lug nuts" when they couldn't get two of them off, even using the impact wrench. "You did." That ended that conversation.

Good luck.
  • queenvic94queenvic94 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 08 G with the Sport Package and am at 17K on the OEM Bridgestones. These tires continue to sink to lower levels of my disdain with every day. The road noise has been getting annoying since about 12K. I occasionally have the slip light come on when I hit it hard from a stop. Can't be bothered. I used to run Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on my 01 Maxima that I replaced with the G and loved them. I saw the Dunlop Sport Maxx on Tire Rack and had Dunlops on a previous car, so I'm intrigued, but they show these as new. Anyone heard anything on these? I would like to keep the two sizes - I like the way it looks a little higher in the back, but the choices on front tires are slim. I live in Houston, so I need something that can handle lots of hot pavement and the occasional heavy rain.
    Just out of curiosity, which Bridgestones were oem tires on your 08 G? I replaced the Michelin Pilot Sport summers with the Bridgestone 960 a/s Potenzas and have been quite happy.

With the slippage, maybe you have too much horsepower. :)
    YES!!!!!,I do have an excellant tire for you!!!,I live in Florida where we get alot of rain and it is hot,I have a 2004 Infinti G35 sedan,and I researched on tire-rack for the best tire w/the best tread-life expectency and I found which I believe gives you the best of both worlds,they are the Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS pole-position tires just LOOK at the tire-rack's website and see how many people have put these tires on their G35's.I think that you will be VERY HAPPY!!!,they are not toooo expensive and I think that they are great!!!,I have had no issues w/them at all,Darrin :)
  • raizelgsraizelgs Member Posts: 84
    Check out msgs. 238,239,240 on this forum for a discussion of another option, Kumho Ecsta's. Quieter, less expensive, and seem to last longer then Potenza's.

I have a 2005 with sport package.
    which Bridgestone's are you referring too!!!,the Bridgestone Potenza RE-960 AS's are a bit more expensive!!!,than the Kumho Ecsta ASX's they do get a little better tread-wear life(about 2,000mi more possible),but when I took a look at the OVER-all test results on Tire-rack(i think they do a very good job at testing all tires!!)look at the deep snow traction(if you are in those areas of the country)their rating was:5.5,where the Potenza RE-960AS's were rated at:6.4!!,also looking at the traction factors foe wet & dry:Kumho's were:8.0 in wet and Potenza's were:8.9!!,dry was:8.6,and Potenza's were:9.1!!,also looking at hydro-plane resistant Kumho's were:7.9,where the Potenza's RE-960's were:8.8!!!,unless you do not have the money for the Bridgestone Potenza RE-960AS's,then your Kumho's aren't that bad at all!!!,but I would rather be a liittle more SAFE using a tire that is MORE resistant to hydro-planing!!!,in heavy rain or BETTER traction in heavy snow!!(i guess it also depends on how well you can drive your car too).But I have had these Bridgestone Potenza's on my G35 sedan and they are awesome!!!,but if you want to save money and cannot afford the Potenza's then the Kumho's are a nice 2ND choice.Then again if you could afford an Infiniti G35!!!,you should be able to afford the best tires within reasonable pricing to give you mthe BEST and safest tire for your family and you!!
    This is precisely why I picked the Bridgestone 960 A/S Potenzas for our 04 Coupe with the performance tire and 18" wheel package. My first priority was to see if I could get through a winter in the Boston area without committing to a wheel/snow tire package. At the time I did the TireRack search last Fall, the Potenzas were the #2 ranked A/S tire for both light and heavy snow, regardless of price or brand.

The Coupe is the Coupe in the snow. The oem Michelin Pilot Sport Summer tires as expected made the car lethal at the first sign of a snowflake. But the car was "passable" this past winter with the Bridgestones. Yes, snows would have been the optimal choice for Winter. But I wasn't about to buy a dedicated wheel/winter tire package in November, only to have to buy another set of tires for the original rims again in March.

Bridgestone is surely not the lowest priced A/S tire out there or the best. But, it does so many things well. And it is a solid choice for price/performance.
    I could not AGREE W/YOU any better!!!,they are the best tire out there W/O going broke!!!,plus they give you just about EVERY-THING!!!,you could ask for in a PERFORMANCE tire w/decent tread-life!!! :)
  • hayley_e21hayley_e21 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 G35 and I need to get some winter tires. I live in Ontario, Canada, so we get some pretty decent snow falls here. Does anyone have any suggestions on which tires to get. Currently I am looking at the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3. I am a little uneasy at driving in the snow, so something with good handling would be best. If anyone has any reviews on any tires I would greatly appreciate it.
  • g35driver81g35driver81 Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I'm looking to get new tires for my 2004 G35X Sedan. I'm in the metro atlanta area so there is little to no snow in the winter but plenty of heat and rain. I'm looking for something that looks good but also has great tread wear(I need them to last for a good while), traction, quiet ride, etc..I do a lot of driving to and from work, mostly highway miles.I will consider all price range tires as long as they are worth the money and I get everything I'm looking for. Any suggestions will be great. Thanks!
    I am driving a 2005 G35, MT. I drove a 2004 G35 until some young fellow hit me and totaled it. You may have 17-inch rims on the 2004 whereas mine has 18-inch rims. I up-sized to 245/45-18. There are more choices than at 235/45-18. I went with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus XL. They were the only tires with a 45,000 mile warranty. I have driven them 17,000 miles and there is plenty tread left to handle a second winter of snow. They perform flawlessly on all types of roads, dry, wet, and snowy. They are making a little more noise than when they were new, but not enough to worry about.Good luck.
  • aka_kilikaaka_kilika Member Posts: 2
    I have a 08 G35 Sedan with the sport tire package. At 18,000 miles, the dealer is telling me the rear tires need to be replaced (245/45 R18). I live in Southern California. Is this the normal wear of the tires? Also, I need recommendations on which tires to buy to replace them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
    I don't think you are going to find too many folks with Gs that got a whole lot of miles on the oem tires with their Gs, probably because Infinity selected handling stats over longevity while they duke it out with the competition.

Your question about a tire recommendation is a tough one, and you will get a lot of different responses. You may want to do a forum search to see what others have purchased, why, and what they think. I depend on Tire Rack when doing my research. You didn't say what your driving habits and expectations are.

I wanted a more compliant ride, a quieter tire, one that would last longer, and one that I could feel comfortable with day to day. I live in what I consider moderate snow country, 42 inches per year average, I wanted to "get by" without purchasing a dedicated set of winter tires and rims. Plus I didn't want ot take out a mortgage for tires. The Michelins for me were a solid tire. They performed as advertised. Got nearly 30K out of them but probably should have replaced them about 6K earlier. I am the exception because everyone else seemed to have been down in the mid to high teens with their Michelins when their tires were cooked.

A year ago I replaced the original Michelin Pilot Sports, a summer tire, with a set of Bridgestone Potenza 960 AS Pole Position and have been very pleased with them so far from a price/performance perspective. A 40,000 mile tire. That being said, most seem happy with the replacement tires they have chosen to put on their Gs until they hit 15,000 miles. For many, then, all bets are off. Is it driving habits or does the car eat tires? No, the all season tire was not the best choice for snow, a compromise on my part.

If you provide some more info on your wants and needs, I am certain folks can address how their tire selection addresses what you are interested in.
  • srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    I don't have a good recommendation for you as to a replacement tire, but, like pscheid, i would use Tire Rack as a starting point.

18,000 miles for a high performance summer tire is not all that bad so far as longevity goes.
    Hi Christine,I have a 2004 G35 sedan,and I switched to the Bridgestone Potenza RE-960 AS's they are AWESOME in all weather,and you'll get about 40,000-45,000mi on them depending on how you drive??,please take a look at Tire-Rack's website and look at the performance #'s on these tires!!!,I think you'll pleasantly surprised on HOW well they did in all testing!!!,thanks Darrin :)
    I have a 2005 G35X with 97000 miles. I just replaced the tires with Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires. These are "H" rated. yes I know the car comes with "V"s but since the H's are rated for sustained 130MPH speeds I thought they would be sufficient for my driving style in NJ. The pluses are: treadwear rated at 800! Not sure how that will translate to miles but we'll see. Also they ride incredibly smooth. On Tirerack the ratings from customers are higher than almost any other tire. Finally they were reasonable cost at $135 each from Tirerack. Seriously a great tire.
    esfoad has shown that you don't have to take out a mortgage to get a tire that meets or exceeds your expectations. Michelins have one quality I have observed that sometimes is missing in some of the rest. Roundness.

Yes, this manufacturer's specifications for what I believe is the term "runout" are consistently at or near the top. What this translates into is a smoothness in ride you can see and feel from your fingers either gripping OR dangling from the steerining wheel. Cars with a higher sensitivity to exacting alignment, balance, and roundness can become a sheer misery to live with day to day, particularly at certain highway speeds above 60.

You can buy tires for less with the same speed ratings and consumer ratings as what you bought. But as the miles rack up a lot of the initial kudos fade into the woodwork.
  • em_geem_ge Member Posts: 15
    Hello... I have a G35X 2007 and the dealer tells me I have to replace my OEM tires. I have about 39000 miles on the car.

I believe the size of the OEMs are 17" 225/55...

I called the dealer and they recommended Dunlop SP Sport Signature.

I am in Chicago so I need something that will handle pretty in good in snow and slippery weather. Tread life, smoothness of ride, quietness are also important. Price i would prefer to spend no more than $150 / tire or less. I am willing to spend a bit more if it will get me a much better tire.

Thanks guys!
  • infinitig37cinfinitig37c Member Posts: 1
    Hello...

I just sold my 2003 G35 Coupe, so no longer need the Blizzaks. My new G37 convertible has different size wheels and tires. I bought these from tirerack for $751, and they have about 6000 miles and are in excellent condition. Based on the reviews on tirerack, I think they should last at least 20000 miles on this car. I have never sold tires before so I am looking for advice on the best way to part with them. Would tire stores buy your used tires?

225/50VR-17 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22
    235/50VR-17 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22

Thanks, and Safe Driving

Ps. I am in Seattle
  • mcaylessmcayless Member Posts: 2
    I own a 2004 Infiniti G35 with 58K miles. It's a great car. However, I have noticed when I accelerate to 60 MPH, the front end shakes. I have a feeling the tires need rotating and balancing. Any ideas?
    edited April 2010
    I am not a mechanic, but I have driven both an '04 and '05 through that range of mileage. Here are some observations.

I haven't had any noticeable vibrations on either of the two G's I driven. I have had pretty new tires on each, and I rotate the tires every 5,000 to 7,000 miles. If you rotate the tires front to back and the vibration goes away, you are on the right track. If it is a bad vibration, it may be worth re-balancing the tires. One other cause I can think of is if you bent a wheel on something like a curb or hard bump on the road. As far as the suspension or brakes, I wouldn't know about that.

One thing I heard from the Infiniti dealer is that they need to reset the automatic pressure sensors on each tire because moving the tires front to back changes the distance the signal has to travel. I don't know if that is true, but it is worth asking about.
    edited April 2010
    I put on Michelin 245/45-18 Pilot Sport XL all season tires on my 2005 G35 (not X) sport sedan. They have a warranty for 45,000 miles. The first winter when they were new, they were great. After a summer of driving (20,000 miles) they didn't do nearly so well on snow. They are about two-thirds used up now. Living in Wisconsin, I ultimately parked the G and drove a Honda Accord for the winter mostly because of the salt.

The discussion of summer/winter tires seems to hinge on our own individual experience with snow and ice. I personally don't think of it as a problem because I have driven on ice and snow for over 40 years. But then, I have always had short, straight driveways to my garage. My guess is if you are not comfortable on snow, the G35 will offer no favors. The vehicle dynamic control is an important asset for slippery conditions. I am sure the full time 4-wheel X will do better on forward traction, but not stopping. Well equipped cars like the G35 will save you when you are surprised by a driving situation (i.e. sudden ice, or evasive action), but I don't think we can expect a car to save us if we choose to drive unsafely.
  • preakness2010preakness2010 Member Posts: 1
    I have an '05 g35 coupe, no AWD, with 17" stock rims. Though it has the stock set-up, they just look a little wimpy to me. I know, I know that putting larger/wider tires on will alter performance, speedo, etc. But i want a different look without purchasing rims and coil-overs etc.
    Who here is running larger wider tires on their coupe with success? Front tires are fine for now, but rear will be bought this week. I'm thinking 285-40 17 or 255-45 17.
    What do you think?
    I simply want a wider tire and to fill up a little fender-well space.
  • infinitlyfastinfinitlyfast Member Posts: 2
    I want to increase the 17 in wheels on my 2004 G35 up to 18 in, but are not sure if 8x18s can fit the front?? Also if anyone has an idea of a good all round summer tire I would like to hear about them. TIA
  • knr5knr5 Member Posts: 85
    I own a 2006 G35 6MT with about 44-45k miles. My car came shod with 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle NCT tires. Like I always do, I invested in a set of good winter tires (Dunlop Winter Sport M3) for the four months of inclement weather we face in Iowa. I have been very happy with the arrangement so far despite reading in various places that the OEM tires (Goodyear Eagle NCT) were not good, even dangerous from the hydroplaning perspective. People suggested that tires which cost 30-40% of the price of the NCT were superior.in performance. That may well have been the case but I was reluctant to replace expensive OEM tires right away. In any case, I did not have any difficult situations arise with them.

However, thanks to a nail in my right rear tire recently (apparently not fixable because it was almost in the shoulder of the tire), I have to consider replacing the set of summer tires soon. I was fortunate in finding ONE same brand tire with about the same wear (50-55% life remaining) on ebay (thanks to my kids) which I have ordered as a temporary fix. I would like to eventually replace the NCTs with a good set of high performance all-season tires. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have in this regard.

Thanks a ton.
    I have a set of all season tires on an 2005 G35 6MT. I chose Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus XL. They are the best tires I have ever had. Great on dry and wet. Good on snow when they were new, but not so good after about 12,000. They were guaranteed for 45,000 miles. I have 21,500 on them now and will likely wear them out at 27,000. I found more choices at 245/45/18. They fit fine--no rubbing--although it makes the speedometer slow by 1.7%. Upping the size from 235 to 245 might give you more choices for summer tires.
  • knr5knr5 Member Posts: 85
    Thank you for your prompt response. I was tending towards Michelin Pilot Sports myself, having read great reviews about them. It is very nice to know you were very satisfied with them. Since I use dedicated winter tires, snow traction or wear are not high priorities for me. I need great handling, good comfort, and low noise. I was satisfied on the first two attributes with the NCTs. However, on some surfaces, the tires were pretty noisy (the winter tires are much better in this regard). I had the same experience with my 2003 G35 -- the RSAs could be pretty noisy while my winter tires (Pilot Alpins) were better. How would you rate the Pilot Sports on the noise factor?

Thanks, again, for your quick response.
  • agm1agm1 Member Posts: 11
    I had my Michelins removed after 30K (MXV4). They were evenly worn and gave good service. I replaced them with Falkens on my 17 inch rims. These tires provided great traction but were soooooo loud I went back to Discount Tire and they took them back as advertised. I now have YK520...Yokohama. Excellent and quiet rated A/A and 60K. I have never had a tire that lasted more than 30K. I hope this info is helpful.