Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Bluetooth and the 3-Series

2»

Comments

• silverbullet12silverbullet12 Member Posts: 6
    I have a Sprint i580 that works in my 530i that's not on the list. It won't download the phonebook, but works great. Keep in mind though, using a non-compatible phone can(not neccasarily will) cause issues with the telephone control unit not covered by warranty.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    I have a Sprint i580 that works in my 530i that's not on the list. It won't download the phonebook, but works great. Keep in mind though, using a non-compatible phone can(not neccasarily will) cause issues with the telephone control unit not covered by warranty.

I think that the fact that it won't download the phonebook is the reason that it is not on the list.
  • taxesquiretaxesquire Member Posts: 681
    Does BMW's bluetooth generally work well? Answering calls and call waiting, making calls, etc?

Any complaints?
  • uuyrwdsuuyrwds Member Posts: 6
    I have had three different cell phones since I got my 3. I have found that although they all work, some work better than others and each causes a slight glitch in the system. My Motorpla worked almost flawlessly. I now have a Samsung that works for calls with decent sound quality, but sometimes I fnd that the steering wheel buttons don't work the way they should. For example, I will have to press end call twice to actually end a call. Other than that it offers hands free security while driving, the ultimate goal.
  • hemanthhhemanthh Member Posts: 40
    I use my iphone 3g in my 330xi. It generally works well, but there are some pet peeves. I cant seem to listen to voice mail at all.

I can make a call from my phone, or look up the downloaded contacts list on the car and ring somebody. Works great. I have not recevied calls while I was on the phone yet, so Im not sure about call waiting.

The worst thing is that when you hit the phone button on the steering wheel one time, it rings that last person you called from the CAR and not from your phone. So I end up calling the same person by mistake when I did not intend to.

So now, I make the call from my phone and not from the directory in the car.
    Thank you - to you and the person who posted right b4 you.

My Acura TL has bluetooth that works well with some minor glitches that seem to depend on the phone.

I think my next car will be a used 330 or 335 with 6MT. Bluetooth is soooo important when you need both hands to drive, you know? So I'd been monitoring this site for awhile and was only seeing comments about synching.

So thank you very much!
  • nlz335nlz335 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought my BMW 2009 335i. I'm trying to use my iPhone 3GS, having volume issues. I can hear the caller very well but the caller can't hear me well. Not sure if it is the problem with BMW bluetooth or the iPhone?? Does anyone have the same issue?
    Make sure when you speak, you are speaking into the car speaker, not the phone speaker. I believe the car speaker that transmits your voice is located by the sunroof controls. Also make sure your windows are up.

I now have a 2007 335i and have no problems with people hearing me.
    You know how you can use the bmw radio to scroll through your list of contacts on your phone and then select the contact to dial? For some reason, if a contact has a name beginning with S-Z, I cannot access it. When I select the "A-Z" option, it only allows me to access A-R. Anyone else have this issue?
  • nlz335nlz335 Member Posts: 3
    Ok, I finally got a chance to take my car in to the dealership. They told me that iphone and BMW blue tooth issue is a known problem. It has something to do with the iPhone. The engineers can't find the problem... it sucks to have paid so much for the car but can't enjoy the convenience factors!!
This discussion has been closed.