Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Kia Amanti

Comments

• Well, that is weird. The pictures do show up in Safari on my Mac, but not in Internet Explorer on a PC. I'm going to have to check some help files about posting photos on this board.

The link above will let you see my gallery on CarSpace, my re-badging photos are there.
  • I think I fixed it; the problem seems to be that the images that I had uploaded were too :blush: large, and so were not able to be loaded consistently to the web browser. I have replaced them with smaller filed and they seem to be working better now.
  • redptcredptc Posts: 78
    Got the pix this A.M.looks very good. What does GH 380 stand for? Wish i had the 17" wheels on mine. :)
  • "GH" is Kia's model designation for the Opirus/Amanti series (Optima is MG, Sorento is BL, etc.). "380" refers to the engine size of 3.8 liters.

I am trying out the advice from the help file on the forum, hitting the "IMG" button, pasting in the address of the hosted photo, and then hitting the "IMG" button again. My other photos are sometimes showing up, sometimes not. Hope this works.

BTW, this photo shows the Korean-market Kia logo covering the original "KIA" in an oval badge on the steering wheel cover.
  • Just thinking today about how much I appreciate my 2007 Amanti. It really is the best car I have ever owned, and I am enjoying driving it. I feel badly that I see so few Amanti's on the streets where I live. I have seen a few 1st Generation Amanti's, but I have yet to see another 2007 model on the road. It does seem that Kia is strangely reticent about publicizing, advertising, or even providing cars to dealers. With the recent recent great free publicity from the IIHS side-impact tests ranking the Amanti among the safest "luxury cars" you would think Kia would take advantage of the situation to try for a bigger splash with the 2008 Amanti's. I honestly did not know about the changes to the 2007 Amanti until I started researching to replace my wrecked Hyundai XG300 in late June. Had there been any advertising at all, I think I would have noticed. I guess I have become a bit of a Kia booster now, as I am so impressed with the quality and value of my Amanti/Opirus, and by the other Kia's I looked at while shopping (the Optima with appearance package and black leather interior looked amazing; if I were a younger guy, I would have bought that car in a heartbeat). It bugs me when ignorant people in discussion groups dismiss all Kia's as "POS Korean crap", etc. I hope that more people keep test driving Kia's and enjoying finding a well-built vehicle with great value. I am not prejudiced against domestic American cars, but I just did not see any that appealed to me. The Amanti pushed all the right buttons for me, and I like the fact that has rather unique looks. I get compliments regularly from people who see the car.

What attributes of the Amanti most appeal to folks in this forum? What do you like best about the car? Are you happy with your purchase? If you are proud of your "Korean Bentley", post a photo!
    :D
  • billh6billh6 Posts: 123
    Mike, your pictures look so good. I'm jealous. Now I must do that. Did you have your dealer put everything on for you? What was the total price? I have the wind reflecters on all windows with the Kia name. I was really impressed that the Amanti crash test outperformed the BMW. Like you, I too love my car. This is my second one.
    Bill H.
  • Thanks! Re: installation; I installed the new grille myself, as well as the Korean-market Kia logo on the airbag cover, and I removed the "Amanti" lettering from the trunk lid and applied the "GH380" lettering.. The center caps for the wheel (the wheels had to be taken off the car for this step) and the trunk garnish I had installed by a local Kia dealer. They charged me $135 for this. When I drove up to the dealership, the sales manager saw the Opirus grille and followed me to the service bay "Did you import that car from Korea?" he asked. I explained the re-badging project, and he was quite excited by the idea and loved the new grille. He asked about where I got the parts from and I left him a card from Korean Auto Import. My wife and I were at the same dealer yesterday, and several salesmen kept checking out my car and asking me where I got it from. Everyone agrees that the car looks better than the standard Amanti, especially the grille. We were at the dealer looking at some used cars for my wife and/or 16 year-old son to consider. My wife was looking at some 2006 Amanti's they had there pre-owned. She decided that she really needs something more wagon-like, but I'm thinking that a fairly low mileage Amanti for my son would be about the safest car I could put him in for the money (around $18,000). Of course, if I bought him one, then we would have to "Opirus-ize" it, too!
    I went to my dealer to get my first oil change in my '07. There were 4 new Amantis on the lot. I asked him if they were selling. He said yes, even with no advertising, but that most come to Kia for smaller, more fuel efficiency vehicles, which is why Kia is not pushing the Amanti. Has anyone heard about the '08s, if any changes. I am paying over my reg. car payment, in hopes of keeping this for a long time, but then again, I might be pursuaded to trade, but with under 6k miles I might just stay put. I've still not changed my grille but it's on my list of things to do.
    Bill
  • Bill:

I checked on Kia's website and the only change for 2008 that I can see is that the Cobalt Blue color was dropped and Dark Red Wine was offered in its place. I was hoping that they would correct the one issue I have with the car, and that is the lack of any kind of aux audio input, or the ability to play MP3 CD's.

I'm surprised that you would be considering trading in your car so soon, but then, my habit is to keep a car that I like for as long as I can drive it. There are rumors of a significant design change for 2009, but I would assume that their new German designer would want to have creative control over the re-design. I'll be curious to see what he does with the Amanti/Opirus.
    No, I'm not going to trade (yet). I have the Cobalt Blue, so mine will be unique later on. My only unhappiness is what I see as a sluggish transmission now that the engine has more power. It seems to slow me down somewhat.
    Anyone come up with ideas to improve the air intake on a 2007 Amanti? Seems like these engines starve for air. Always looking for ideas. My local kia dealer has 3 2008 Amanti`s all about the same price as a 2007. :confuse:
    I'm not sure what you mean by air intake. Not overheating, is it? Mine does seem to hesitate when I put the pedal to the metal but I was told it was caused by the transmission.
    I should have said a cold air intake, hooking up to the thottle body. The regular intake is above the radiator bolted to the radiater brace.The intake looks very small. Seems to me it should be bigger.But who knows. Try using the manual shift lever when you floor it.It goes like a bat out of h---. :blush:
    I've had a situation where the electronic stability light keeps coming on and when I push the button to turn it off (thinking it got hit) nothing happens. I took it in and they said they will order a replacement part (not sure what he was talking about) but the little Korean tech said he's not seen that in other vehicles. I'm bringing back tomorrow to install (wasn't in stock). That's the only thing I've experienced. Lovin' it.
    I have a 2007 AMANTI, i want to put in better head light bulbs can`t see how to do it with out tearing the front end off the car.Anyone know of a better way to change the low beam bulbs? If anyone is interested the U.S. sales of new AMANTIS in NOV. 2007 was 138.Between JAN.2007 &NOV. 2007 5,396 cars. :shades:
    No, sorry but I would not know what to do about changing the bulbs. But I was shocked that they sold 5400, as I have NEVER, EVER seen one newspaper ad, one TV or radio commercial, not even a billboard or draped canvas sign at a deal talking about the Amanti. I guess it's word of mouth. It has gotten good reviews also. :P
  • Are you talking about replacing the bulbs with something like the Silverstar bulbs? Or are you considering replacing the bulbs with a high-discharge (HID) system? Replacing the bulbs is described in the owner's manual.You may have to remove the plastic cover under the hood above the headlights to get at the bulbs. I can' imagine why you would have to tear apart the front end to do this.

It is weird that there is zero advertising for the Amanti.
    I want to install the silverstar bulbs in my AMANTI. I have read the owners manual,but the bulbs are not easy to get at.The right side has a w/washer bottle in the way and the left side has a battery in the way.The left side looks easy to change. But the right side is more difficult.Just want advice from someone who`s done this before.The reason you have to take the front sheet metal off is the shop manual say`s that how you remove the headlight assy.(besides i have big hands) ... :shades:
This discussion has been closed.