Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Kia Amanti

2»

Comments

• billh6billh6 Member Posts: 123
    Mike, I was just about ready to purchase my new grill from Korean Auto Imports for $269, but have to wait until I get outside of my home painted. Is that a good price? BTW, I am a retired court reporter.
  • mikewellsesqmikewellsesq Member Posts: 29
    Is it a good price? I don't know of anyone else importing the grille, and let me give props to Korean AutoImports for this: I finalized my order for the grille on a Saturday, and I received the grille by USPS at about 6:00 p.m. EDT Monday. The other parts have to come from Korea, and will take longer (I think they get deliveries from Korea in about 14 days). What makes the grille worth the price is how much it improves the looks of the car, I still can't get over how good the front end looks now. The American grille is just so plain and down-market; I really don't understand why Kia won't import it with the Opirus grille. If they want to have a "sport" version of this car, with stiffer springs and shocks, etc., then put on a stainless steel mesh grille and some discreet body fairing.

Bottom line: I think it is a great value in that your car suddenly looks like it cost $10,000.00 more than you paid for it!
  • redptcredptc Member Posts: 78
    Look on e-bay for your 2007 OPIRUS gill. I bought one from no.1 korean parts i paid $189.00 + postage got it in about 6 days. Anyone know how many Amantis` were sent to the U.S.A.? :)
    Where did you get the GH380 letters +. :confuse:
    Not very many. Last time I checked units sold it was like 248 or something. I live in Orlando and so far only seen one other, and it had a Texas tag. I heard that Hyundia is making them hold up on advertising and sales, choosing to put the Azera out there. I am definitely going to get the Opirus grill. I do not like the grill that's on it.
    I got the GH380 lettering from Korean Auto Imports. They don't list them in the catalog, but they will order the Opirus badging as a kit for you on request, or as individual pieces. I have competed the exterior re-badging project, and I have photos up at my CarSpace page. The car looks fantastic! I whole-heartedly recommend the Opirus grille and badging to make your Amanti look more distinctive and mysterious. Korean Auto Imports are very reliable and they go the extra mile for you.
    redptc: Here's a grill pic for you.
    More bandwidth wastage! Here's a shot of the Opirus center wheel cap installed:
    NO PIX GOT TO ME. DON`T KNOW WHAT`S WRONG. :sick:
    Try reloading the page, the pictures are working for me now.

I'll try again:

Or, try this link:

http://www.carspace.com/mikewellsesq/Albums/mikewellsesq%27s%20Album/Opirus_Fron- t.jpg/page/photo.html#pic
    Well, that is weird. The pictures do show up in Safari on my Mac, but not in Internet Explorer on a PC. I'm going to have to check some help files about posting photos on this board.

The link above will let you see my gallery on CarSpace, my re-badging photos are there.
    I think I fixed it; the problem seems to be that the images that I had uploaded were too :blush: large, and so were not able to be loaded consistently to the web browser. I have replaced them with smaller filed and they seem to be working better now.
    Got the pix this A.M.looks very good. What does GH 380 stand for? Wish i had the 17" wheels on mine. :)
    "GH" is Kia's model designation for the Opirus/Amanti series (Optima is MG, Sorento is BL, etc.). "380" refers to the engine size of 3.8 liters.

I am trying out the advice from the help file on the forum, hitting the "IMG" button, pasting in the address of the hosted photo, and then hitting the "IMG" button again. My other photos are sometimes showing up, sometimes not. Hope this works.

BTW, this photo shows the Korean-market Kia logo covering the original "KIA" in an oval badge on the steering wheel cover.
    Just thinking today about how much I appreciate my 2007 Amanti. It really is the best car I have ever owned, and I am enjoying driving it. I feel badly that I see so few Amanti's on the streets where I live. I have seen a few 1st Generation Amanti's, but I have yet to see another 2007 model on the road. It does seem that Kia is strangely reticent about publicizing, advertising, or even providing cars to dealers. With the recent recent great free publicity from the IIHS side-impact tests ranking the Amanti among the safest "luxury cars" you would think Kia would take advantage of the situation to try for a bigger splash with the 2008 Amanti's. I honestly did not know about the changes to the 2007 Amanti until I started researching to replace my wrecked Hyundai XG300 in late June. Had there been any advertising at all, I think I would have noticed. I guess I have become a bit of a Kia booster now, as I am so impressed with the quality and value of my Amanti/Opirus, and by the other Kia's I looked at while shopping (the Optima with appearance package and black leather interior looked amazing; if I were a younger guy, I would have bought that car in a heartbeat). It bugs me when ignorant people in discussion groups dismiss all Kia's as "POS Korean crap", etc. I hope that more people keep test driving Kia's and enjoying finding a well-built vehicle with great value. I am not prejudiced against domestic American cars, but I just did not see any that appealed to me. The Amanti pushed all the right buttons for me, and I like the fact that has rather unique looks. I get compliments regularly from people who see the car.

What attributes of the Amanti most appeal to folks in this forum? What do you like best about the car? Are you happy with your purchase? If you are proud of your "Korean Bentley", post a photo!
    :D
    Mike, your pictures look so good. I'm jealous. Now I must do that. Did you have your dealer put everything on for you? What was the total price? I have the wind reflecters on all windows with the Kia name. I was really impressed that the Amanti crash test outperformed the BMW. Like you, I too love my car. This is my second one.
    Bill H.
    Thanks! Re: installation; I installed the new grille myself, as well as the Korean-market Kia logo on the airbag cover, and I removed the "Amanti" lettering from the trunk lid and applied the "GH380" lettering.. The center caps for the wheel (the wheels had to be taken off the car for this step) and the trunk garnish I had installed by a local Kia dealer. They charged me $135 for this. When I drove up to the dealership, the sales manager saw the Opirus grille and followed me to the service bay "Did you import that car from Korea?" he asked. I explained the re-badging project, and he was quite excited by the idea and loved the new grille. He asked about where I got the parts from and I left him a card from Korean Auto Import. My wife and I were at the same dealer yesterday, and several salesmen kept checking out my car and asking me where I got it from. Everyone agrees that the car looks better than the standard Amanti, especially the grille. We were at the dealer looking at some used cars for my wife and/or 16 year-old son to consider. My wife was looking at some 2006 Amanti's they had there pre-owned. She decided that she really needs something more wagon-like, but I'm thinking that a fairly low mileage Amanti for my son would be about the safest car I could put him in for the money (around $18,000). Of course, if I bought him one, then we would have to "Opirus-ize" it, too!
    I went to my dealer to get my first oil change in my '07. There were 4 new Amantis on the lot. I asked him if they were selling. He said yes, even with no advertising, but that most come to Kia for smaller, more fuel efficiency vehicles, which is why Kia is not pushing the Amanti. Has anyone heard about the '08s, if any changes. I am paying over my reg. car payment, in hopes of keeping this for a long time, but then again, I might be pursuaded to trade, but with under 6k miles I might just stay put. I've still not changed my grille but it's on my list of things to do.
    Bill
    Bill:

I checked on Kia's website and the only change for 2008 that I can see is that the Cobalt Blue color was dropped and Dark Red Wine was offered in its place. I was hoping that they would correct the one issue I have with the car, and that is the lack of any kind of aux audio input, or the ability to play MP3 CD's.

I'm surprised that you would be considering trading in your car so soon, but then, my habit is to keep a car that I like for as long as I can drive it. There are rumors of a significant design change for 2009, but I would assume that their new German designer would want to have creative control over the re-design. I'll be curious to see what he does with the Amanti/Opirus.
    No, I'm not going to trade (yet). I have the Cobalt Blue, so mine will be unique later on. My only unhappiness is what I see as a sluggish transmission now that the engine has more power. It seems to slow me down somewhat.
    Anyone come up with ideas to improve the air intake on a 2007 Amanti? Seems like these engines starve for air. Always looking for ideas. My local kia dealer has 3 2008 Amanti`s all about the same price as a 2007. :confuse:
    I'm not sure what you mean by air intake. Not overheating, is it? Mine does seem to hesitate when I put the pedal to the metal but I was told it was caused by the transmission.
    I should have said a cold air intake, hooking up to the thottle body. The regular intake is above the radiator bolted to the radiater brace.The intake looks very small. Seems to me it should be bigger.But who knows. Try using the manual shift lever when you floor it.It goes like a bat out of h---. :blush:
    I've had a situation where the electronic stability light keeps coming on and when I push the button to turn it off (thinking it got hit) nothing happens. I took it in and they said they will order a replacement part (not sure what he was talking about) but the little Korean tech said he's not seen that in other vehicles. I'm bringing back tomorrow to install (wasn't in stock). That's the only thing I've experienced. Lovin' it.
    I have a 2007 AMANTI, i want to put in better head light bulbs can`t see how to do it with out tearing the front end off the car.Anyone know of a better way to change the low beam bulbs? If anyone is interested the U.S. sales of new AMANTIS in NOV. 2007 was 138.Between JAN.2007 &NOV. 2007 5,396 cars. :shades:
    No, sorry but I would not know what to do about changing the bulbs. But I was shocked that they sold 5400, as I have NEVER, EVER seen one newspaper ad, one TV or radio commercial, not even a billboard or draped canvas sign at a deal talking about the Amanti. I guess it's word of mouth. It has gotten good reviews also. :P
    Are you talking about replacing the bulbs with something like the Silverstar bulbs? Or are you considering replacing the bulbs with a high-discharge (HID) system? Replacing the bulbs is described in the owner's manual.You may have to remove the plastic cover under the hood above the headlights to get at the bulbs. I can' imagine why you would have to tear apart the front end to do this.

It is weird that there is zero advertising for the Amanti.
    I want to install the silverstar bulbs in my AMANTI. I have read the owners manual,but the bulbs are not easy to get at.The right side has a w/washer bottle in the way and the left side has a battery in the way.The left side looks easy to change. But the right side is more difficult.Just want advice from someone who`s done this before.The reason you have to take the front sheet metal off is the shop manual say`s that how you remove the headlight assy.(besides i have big hands) ... :shades:
  • magmaxmagmax Member Posts: 88
    I don't know where you live but if you're anywhere near the Canadian border, just drive across, find a Kia dealer and ask about installing the HID Xenon lights that are standard on the Canadian models. They just plug right in but they won't be cheap. Why we get those but don't get a 6-CD changer even as an option is beyond me.

MagMax
  • magmaxmagmax Member Posts: 88
    A year ago in January I traded my 05 Amanti for an 07 and after I'd done it I enjoyed the more powerful engine, the better handling, and the new grille and taillights. I really missed the rain sensing wipers, 6-CD changer, heated rear seats, and the chrome eyes for a trunk net to fasten to, all items that had been removed from the car for the 2007 year in Canada. The Canadian market cars also don't offer the adjustable pedals and their prices are at least $5000 out of whack with the US prices. I wrote the company but received no reply. So I decided to quit Kia. If they can't make a car for me I won't buy a car from them. I traded my Amanti in on a Mercedes E class, took a hit on depreciation, but now have a car that is amazing in every way and one whose manufacturer didn't remove all sorts of little items from its standard features list. Too bad, Kia. But they sold only about 15 cars per month in Canada so they probably didn't care. Consumer Reports says that the reliability has dropped to below average so it's probably a good time to get out now before things start to go wrong. That's the end of the story of Kia and me.

MagMax
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    So - if I understand correctly, you purchased a car that didn't have all the features your previous car had. (I assume you knew this). And then to "get back" at Kia you took what had to be a "massive hit" on depreciation?

I don't think it's really fair to compare a Mercedes to any Korean car. As a matter of fact, I will go as far to say that people generally are not going to "cross shop" a Kia to a Mercedes.

Enjoy your car.
    Amanti is Kia's flapship car. Can't compare it to Mecedes, although I believe their customer satisifaction is/or was way down there. This is my second one, going from '04 to '07. I hope the rumors are true that the '09 will be more sportier, then I might consider trading. I the meantime, I've only had one problem, the chrome coat on right front wheel was peeling off (probably some abrasive cleaner I used) and they gave me a new wheel, no questions asked. I'm still enjoying my ride!

Bill
  • oneijoneij Member Posts: 4
    Hello to anyone who reads this. I am a new fan of the Amanti. I am 66 yrs old and live near Albany NY. We have 2 dealers within 10 miles of my house. Only one of them has one Amanti on the lot. I drove it yesterday and really loved it. I have a 97 Lincoln town car with 69800 miles on it. Its a really nice car and I'm on the fence of whether to trade it in or not. I've driven the Avalon and the Ultima and also the Ezera. I think the Amanti wins hands down. They only want to give me $3500 for my car. The sticker on the new 08 Amanti $31,000. They are asking me to pay $27,891 and my car. The Amanti they have has all the extra's on it, including the black leather package with the aluminum trim on the inside and the polished,or chromed wheels. The exterior id a dark gray. Not exactly the color combination I want. When I saw the 2 tone models that someone has posted on this site I fell in love with this car. From what I can tell these models will not be available to anyone outside of Korea. Am I correct in this? I would love to see those 2 tone cars come to the northern hemisphere.
    I've been looking for a car for most of this year and haven't been as excited about anything out there till I saw the 2 tone models of the Amanti. If anyone can help with any kind of info I'd be very grateful. Thanks for reading this.
    Yes, the two-tone look is not available in North America, regrettably. I suppose that a competent paint shop could customize an Amanti for you with the two-tone look.

The price you were quoted by the dealer sounds high; if you use Edmund's "TMV Pricing Report" for the Albany area you get a TMV of $29,514 before a deduction of a cash-to-customer rebate of $1,000.00, for a final TMV of $28,514. Deduct your trade-in from that and the final bill is $25,041.

I strongly urge you to use the tools that Edmunds provides to find a fair asking price for the new car, the fair value of your used car, and also get price quotes from other dealers. I used these tools when I purchased my 2007 Amanti, and paid $26,800 for my car, which did not have the premium black interior but did have all the other bells & whistles. That was the price before any trade-in. With quotes from dealer in a 60 mile radius from my home, I was able to find a car with the color I wanted at a competitive price.

I still love my Amanti at over 11,000 miles, and continue get many admiring remarks from other folks. Many mistake it for a Lincoln or a Jaguar! It is an excellent long-distance drive car. Mileage is about 27 MPG on highway trips, 19.5 in mixed city driving. Interior room and comfort are top-notch. I'm sure you'll be very happy with one if you end up getting a good price.
    Hello Mike, Thank you for answering my message. After I drove the Amanti I was more interested in it than when I walked into the show room. I hagled with them for quite a while and they never changed their asking price. Because the car was not the color I wanted I didn't push too much. I went on Edmunds and did a 100 mile radius search, and the only one that came up was the one that I drove.I live in Schenectady NY, about 16 miles from Albany. There is a dealer in Queensbury NY that I will call to see if and what they may have. It is really suprising to me that there are so few in my area. Thanks again for replying to my message. Have a great day. Bill B.
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    Bill,
    This car is not in high demand at all. As a mater of fact, this car depreciates big time once you drive it off the lot. That's not to say if this is the car you like, don't buy it. Go right ahead but you need to get the best price possible. Don't be afraid to walk away.....
    Agreed. Amanti sales numbers are quite small. No wonder, since Kia has not advertised the car for a couple of years, at least. I don't really understand why they aren't trying a little harder to sell this car. It has received mostly very favorable reviews, and has rated very highly in recent safety testing. The depreciation is an ssue, but if you, like me, buy a car for long-term use, it is not so great a concern. I like getting a luxury sedan for much less than the competing brands and then enjoying the car for several years. My last car was a Hyundai XG-300, bought new in May 2001, and drove it for 106,000 miles until it was rear-ended last July. With the long warranty from Hyundai-Kia, owning the car for several years past the loan pay-off is quite reasonable.
    I've had my Amanti for about 2 weeks now and Loving it. I finally got to a dealer who wanted to sell me a car. I'm still reading the owners manual and finding out things I didn't know about the car.Since my last car was 12 years old, they have changed the way they do things. Who ever thought the rearview exterior mirror's would slant down when you put the car in reverse. You can see the ground when backing up. The seats are really comfortable and the ride is excellent. There's nothing on this car that bothers me even a little bit. Its as peppy as anyone could want. So far I'm getting 18 MPG with all city driving. I'm really impressed with this car. Now I'm looking at the Opirus grille. Just wondering if its worth the $295 they want. Have a great day everyone.
  • larry70301larry70301 Member Posts: 7
    Hello Mike,
    My name is Larry Robichaux,south Louisiana Cajun name ofcourse.Pronuced "Row B Show.So please bare with me I'm not too computer literate.
    I purchased a 2007 Amanti three weeks ago and was completely satisfied till I saw your re-badging to Opirus project.You made a great looking vehicle even better looking.To make a long story short.I expect to recieve a Opirus luxary grill,rear chrome garnish,and the GH380 lettering by the end of this week.I am not mechanically inclined but able to follow instructions.My question is was it very diffuclt to change and are specilal tools required?.Any advise you would care to share with me will be greatly appriciatd.Thank you in advance.

Larry
    Dear Larry:

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your Amanti. You will enjoy it even more once you transform it into an Opirus. People are always asking me "what kind of car is that?" and admiring it's good looks.

I am assuming that you have looked at my project photos at:

http://www.carspace.com/mikewellsesq/Albums/mikewellsesq%27s%20Album/Amanti_Opir- - us.JPG/page/photo.html#pic

If not, please do refer to them when reading the advice below.

You will need some kind of an off-set Philips head screwdriver for the front grill replacement, as the clearance in the area behind the grille is very tight. Getting good leverage is difficult. A ratcheting-type tool, with a Philips screwdriver head, would be ideal. Be careful about dropping tools or screws, it may be hard to find them again! The shrouds in the engine compartment are not that difficult to remove, as the black plastic screw rivets can be loosened and pulled out with a light touch. Obviously be careful not to damage or scratch the new grille whilst installing.

I had the rear deck garnish put on by my Kia dealer, but I had removed the trunk lid inner liner to scope out the job, and I think it would have been relatively easy to do the work. I don't think you would need any special tools for undoing the rivets that hold on the garnish.

The lettering is pretty easy to work with. First, I removed the existing "Amanti" nomenclature by pulling off the chromed plastic letters using a combination of dental floss and WD-40 spray. They are attached by 3M automotive adhesive, and the WD-40 will loosen it up just fine, and then use a rag and more WD-40 to remove the residue. I then wiped down the area I wanted to put the "GH380" lettering with a mild cleaning solution, dried it well, and then used painter's bue tape to mark off a level line for placement. I looked online for photos of the Korean market Opirus from the back to see where they position the lettering, which is about two inches above the "crease" in the trunk-lid that runs from the corner of tail-light to the other tail-light corner. See the photo in my Gallery on CarSpace for an example. Carefully place the letters (they are nestled in a foam template) after removing the film backing from the adhesive. Press them on with gentle force so that they make good contact; then remove the foam template and the tape.

The Korean market “KIA” steering wheel badge from Korean Auto Imports (they have them in black or blue) sticks onto your existing round KIA badge, but I found that the “divot” in the airbag cover is a little too deep for the 3M auto adhesive tape on the acl of the badge to make good contact. Luckily, I had a roll of the same tape, and just cut out and extra piece to stick on top of the tape that came with the badge, and that was just enough to make good contact, and the badge is on nice and secure.

The center wheel caps with the Opirus “O” design look very nice, much nicer than the plain silver “KIA” caps. They can also be ordered from Korean Auto Imports. The wheel center caps are replaced by taking the wheel off of the car and popping out the installed cap and pushing in the replacement from the “back” of the wheel. I had my dealer do this.

The rear window badges are installed by first removing the existing flat-black painted trim pieces. You remove them by taking out one screw holding in the plastic trip piece that goes around the tope and sides of the rear door in the inside of the car, and then by carefully pulling it away from the rubber door seal so that you can get to the back of the metal blank behind the trip piece. Three screws hold it in. Remove the trip piece and replace with the glossy black trim piece with the Opirus red carbon-fiber-look badge. Put every thing back and stand back to admire. My wife did not like the look; she felt it was too much “bling”, so I put back the plain flat-black trim pieces. If you are interested in the Opirus trim pieces for your project, email me at patrickhenry”at sign”mac.com.

With the successful re-badging of your Amanti in the beautiful and exotic Opirus, you will be the envy of your neighbors! Good luck, and "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
    Sir,
    I should be receiving the Opirus luxary grill,the rear garnish,and the GH380 lettering from KAI soon. I hagalled with some guy named James for about three or four days and offered a a final price of $350.00 for the three items.It was accepted. Somehow I feel he would have accepted a bit less. Hope this reaches you in time and saves you a few dollars.I have a silver Amanti bought a few weeks ago and absolutely love that car.Saw Mikes' re-badging job and just had to have it.I'm 59 but still very agile and will attempt to do the job myself.{I was lucky just to get my wife to allow me to re-badge}HA! So far no complaints about this car .
    Larry
    Thanks Mike for your quick reply and helpful advise. This old Cajun is a bit aprehensive about tackling this project but the old Marine in me says go for it. I'll keep you posted and let you and all others interested in re-badging if I succeed or had to surrender to a pro to do the work. Once again to all... made an offer to Korean AutoImports of $350.00 for the Grill,rear garnish,and GH 380 lettering which was accepted. Mabe could have gotten for less? I asked for a price for the center wheel caps and got a price of $59.95. Their site shows $79.00 or$ 99.00 so don't be afraid to haggle.Now I'm going for a ride down the Bayou.Talk to ya'll later.Thanks again Mike.
    Larry
    Hello again Mike. Its been some time since I've been on this forum. I've had my Amanti for a month or so and still like the car more and more. A friend of mine and I were looking at cars. It ended up that he bought an Azera and I got the Amanti. He had his dealer go into the car computer and set up his car so the doors would automatically unlock when you put the car in park. When you put the car into the drive position the doors automatically lock. I figured that if the Azera had this feature than the Amanti should or might have this feature also. When I asked the Kia dealer about it he said he didn't think that the Kia's did that. I even went to another dealer and they too knew nothing about it. I am wondering if you or anyone who might read this has any info on the cars computer and what it can and can't do. Ssince both cars are from the same company I would guess that a lot of things are the same in each car. Thank's for any info you may be able to offer. oneij
    Hello everyone reading this,
    Pertaining to the re-badging my Amanti to Opirus. received the rear garnish ,the center wheel caps and the GH380 lettering via priority mail today Friday 6/13/08.I am awaiting the Opirus luxary grill to arrive next week. To make a long story short unless you have the professional tools and automobile body work knowledge be prepared to have the rear garnish replacement done by a dealer or a business that deals in body work. It is not a matter of simply removing six screaws and inserting the new chrome garnish and replacing the six screws. The license plate lights have to be removed,not exceptionally difficult. But the truck lock has to be removed and that's the hard part. If you have a flexible phillips head screwdriver removing the screws is not too difficult. But once their's done you're left with egg on your face as to what to do next. Seems there are two small brackets screwed into the the lock and the outside wall with no access to remove them to finalize removing of the garnish. After much time trying to conceive of any possible resolution to this problem I had had enough and just replaced everything to the way it was.I e-mailed Korean AutoImports to ask for tec.assistance will keep ypou posted if they can help or not.Mike or anyone else can offer advice or assistance it would be greatly appriciated as Iam sure it is going to cost alot to have a pro do the job.Thanks to all.The old Cajun Marine.
    Larry
    I don't have a clue about the computer being reprogrammed to lock and unlock automatically, it would be great if you could do it on an Amanti/Opirus.
    Larry:

I remember thinking that the trunk lock would probably be too tricky for me to work on, and decided to have the Kia dealer replace the trim piece and the wheel center caps. They did a nice job and did not charge all that much. I recommend that you talk with your dealer and see what they would charge to do it. The final effect is quite worth the extra expense - the Opirus logo looks a lot better than the big KIA oval!

Did you have better luck with the grille?
    Hello again Mike,

Thanks again for your response. I am still awaiting the grill to arrive. Should be this coming week. KAI is awaiting a new shipment. Sure hope the grill is easier than the rear garnish. I can tell it is going to look great as yours does on your Amanti. Man My wife and I love this car with each passing day. Here in south Louisiana the terrain is flat so we are experiencing excellent gas millage. We live in the country so traffic is not an issue to diminish fuel consumption. One of our three daughters lives about 45 miles away and we're getting 29.7 avg. per trip,providing the the instrumentation is correct. Another daughter lives about an hour north of Atlanta,little over 600 miles from here. Let you and all interested what kind of interstate millage next trip we take there. Once again folks to save you some frustration,unless your very familiar with wiring and bodywork on auto and you have the required tools,don't attempt to change the rear garnish yourself. The center wheel caps were pretty easy. I used an old butter knife. I used my bench grinder to file down about a 1/2 area as flat as I could until it slid between the center cap and the rim. After that it was just a matter of popping them out. I was scared to use too much force at first. Once you expermint after the fist the rest are real easy and the new ones just pop right in . The GH 380 lettering as Mike said if you go to the OPIRUS web site you can see the lettering runs fairly even to the crease at the bottom of the trunk{right Side}, Mikes web site has all his pictures of the re-badging project and his OPIRUS looks fantastic. Thanks again Mike. Talk to y'all later.

Larry
    Hello Mike and all Amanti owners considering re-badging. Just to let you know one of our local body shops charged one hour of labor to install the rear Opirus garnish. This came to $45.00 plus tax for a total of $48.60. Well worth it. KAI told me yesterday I should be receiving the grill Monday or Tuesday of next week. Mike I am going to remove the engine cover then decide whether I'll attempt to do it myself. Will let all know how it goes. Thanks to all.

Larry
This discussion has been closed.