Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic Tires and Wheels

12346»

Comments

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,948
    Had mine replaced and they would only reimburse me for 2 of the tires...didn't feel like arguing with them so just took the cash...it's been over two years now and the tires are wearing smoothly all around and since I have an alignment policy, I get it done every 4 months or so. And now since I only drive about 1k miles per year, everything is fine.

Good luck! :)

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Does anyone here recall an article about various wheel sizes that were tested on a Honda Civic? It was from a few years ago, they tested all sorts of sizes, 13" to 17", IIRC.

I'm looking to use it as a reference in regards to another vehicle, anyone have that link?

They measured unsprung weight, acceleration, handling, etc. I recall the huge wheel were actually detrimental.

TIA
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,948
    Just had my alignment tweaked at Tires Plus...glad I've got a 3 year policy...it was pulling slightly to the right & the mechanic said the right rear was out a bit. Very sensitive to the way the car drives & I must have a straight steering wheel at all times too...just me I guess. They wanted $130 for the tranny fluid change...seems a bit high compared to what Edmunds says. Will do it eventually since am just about to hit 31k in the next 40 miles. Tires I thought were worn they said I still have time to swap 'em out...a good thing, since I'm on a strict "save $" budget right now.

Even the mechanic said my car looks brand new but someone put some scratches on my drivers front door...really pissed me off that some folks would do that to someone else's nice car. Not deep sceratches but just the same...wtf?? :mad:
    The Sandman :mad: :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• rrshinnrrshinn Member Posts: 16
    I purchased a new set of Honda OEM Steel Wheels for our 2010 Civic LX. They are 16 X 6.5 wheels. Reading the OEM Good Year RS-A tires it says not to be mounted on 16 X 6.5 Rims just wondering what gives? Any help would be appreciated.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    How wider are those tires?
  • ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    edited April 2011
    No. It does not surprise me at all. I was actually bummed when I got 74,300 miles on oem Honda Civic tires. I did some research and actually got both a CHEAPER set (than oem) and the 2nd set is on track for 125,000 miles. (oem size @ 185/70/14 15k to 17k miles wear per 1/32nd in) If any one is interested I run them at the so called "highway" tp @ 35 psi. This car was bought for a purpose full: point a to point b commute (54 miles R/T per day @ 83% of the mileage) and that holds true 7/8 years later. The rest of the mileage is going shopping and an occasional longer road trip.
  • nyhardest5nyhardest5 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 1992 honda civic n i recently found chrome rims used in mint condition i want but the were on a 91 toyota mycivic CIVIC
    80-96
    13 X 5
    4X100
    12mmX1.5
    and the rims came off a toyota TERCEL
    83-97
    13 X 4.5
    4X100
    12mmX1.5
    my question is will these rims fit my honda?
This discussion has been closed.